Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

R.I.P Robin Willaims

+2
Elabajaba
Felix
6 posters

Go down

R.I.P Robin Willaims Empty R.I.P Robin Willaims

Post by Felix Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:51 pm

I would just like to say that even though I have never met Robin Williams, he has had a tremendous impact on both my childhood and my adult life. It is honestly such a tragedy to lose such a wonderful actor, comedian, and above all terrific human being. There still aren't full details about his death, but if it was suicide it just goes to show it is a terrible disease that should not be taken lightly. I don't mean to come off as preachy but if you or someone you know is suffering from this, get them help immediately. I know that I may not talk to you guys as much, what with all our lives taking us down different paths but I still consider you all dear friends that if need but can come here and talk about it or vice versa.

Felix
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

R.I.P Robin Willaims Empty Re: R.I.P Robin Willaims

Post by Elabajaba Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:42 pm

Elabajaba
Crimson Epileptic

Male Number of posts : 1114
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:58 pm

Robin Williams had been struggling with depression and drug abuse for a very long time. I feel sorry for him, but hearing about his death and how it was a suicide kicked me out of my own funk yesterday.

Sad to see him go.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2929
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:14 am

It's really just terrible. Someone who brought so much light and laughter into the world died to a lack of those things.
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:29 pm

its sad to see him go, but honestly I'm getting annoyed by all of the coverage of his death. he is dead... I don't really see how someone can be "truly devastated" by the death of someone who they would have never even met as everyone on my facebook feed seems to be.

am I sad he is dead? yes... will I miss his films? yes. does his death affect my life in any meaningful way as so I need to dewll on it for more than a few minutes? no

I guess I just get pissed off at all of the people using his death by trying to out "I cared about Robin Williams" eachother for attention
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3965

Back to top Go down

Post by Dud Doodoo Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:54 pm

I have to agree with Mr.Inferior of the two Admins honestly. I did like Robin Williams as an actor, but he wasn't some comedic deity that brought endless joy and sunshine into my life. I was sad to hear that he died, suicide is never a happy occurrence. That said, there are countless people who have killed themselves recently, and among them I am sure you will find great minds and great people who have contributed at least as much to our world as Robin Williams.

I liked him, but for fucks sake he wasn't Ghandi. He didn't revolutionize the world. Half of the people who go on and on about him probably haven't seen much more than Flubber. That isn't to shit all over his life achievements, but it honestly just bothers me how huge of an impact celebrity deaths have in our culture. Do you remember Paul Walker's death? Was he honestly an important figure in your life before he died? Did anyone even know his name before that point? He was just the Fast and the Furious guy. Yet he gets into a car accident and the net is flooded with tributes and stories about how inspirational he was as a person. "In memory of Paul Walker" was guaranteed to be a hit on facebook no matter what was posted along with it. Now the same is true for Robin Williams. What about everyone who has been killed in these recent wars? What about all the ones who came home and committed suicide? Their friends and family alone mourned them. Leave it to his to mourn him. You didn't know him. Don't suddenly care because he's dead.

Dud Doodoo
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1528

http://www.moddb.com/mods/broken-arrow-the-world-in-conflict-vie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum