Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do consoles really have a reason to exist?

4 posters

Go down

Do consoles really have a reason to exist? Empty Do consoles really have a reason to exist?

Post by Nocbl2 Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:29 pm

Honestly, were it not for console-exclusive games, I wouldn't even own one. It's cheaper to just build or buy a mid-level computer and play games on it along with other general stuff. I don't really understand why people even buy new consoles now. What's the point?
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Do consoles really have a reason to exist? Empty Re: Do consoles really have a reason to exist?

Post by Lord Pheonix Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:42 pm

Easier to setup and games will work 100% on them and work fantastic for the vast majority of people. And much more money in it shown by the fact that Grand Theft Auto made a fucking billion dollars in 3 days without PC sales.

Your computer breaks down then fuck you, either send it away for a hundred bucks or more so someone can maybe find out what's wrong with it or the whole thing gets fucking fried and your busted while consoles as a whole will have much more support for them with automatic updates and warranties.

Consoles are awesome and even though I don't own one I understand that they are great for the vast majority. If you want a superior gaming experience then PC is best. If you just want to play something than consoles work.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7574
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Do consoles really have a reason to exist? Empty Re: Do consoles really have a reason to exist?

Post by Angatar Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:51 pm

Like LP said, console just work. There's not much bullshit you have to deal with in terms of playing games; you just put the disc in a play, and it'll play well. PC is not so simple.
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:38 pm

To play Dark Souls and a few other games i've had to search online for my specific problem then download a mod to fix the problem and go into and edit a game file to adjust it to work on my computer.

You'd be speaking fucking German to someone if you told an average person to do that.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7574
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:40 pm

Fair enough.

Maybe the new "Steam Box" or whatever it's called will be able to bridge that gap between ease-of-access and performance.
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:29 am

Consoles are pure awesome. It's a focused experience, and in the end, the architecture used in consoles is MUCH MUCH better at actually playing games than a computer could ever be due to that focus. The reason you may not believe this is because consoles are still budget hardware.

I have a solid gaming computer. The only games I have on it are PC exclusives: EVE Online, Starcraft, World of Tanks (which isn't anymore). Any game that comes out that I want to play I get for the xbox.

One major thing that Console gaming does for PC gaming is that it forces developers to actually think about hardware scaling on a more serious level. With how fast new tech comes out, gaming hardware requirements could snowball out of control pretty quickly. Consoles give a solid baseline for what the game needs to be able to scale back to.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down