Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TimeGate files for bankruptcy.

5 posters

Go down

TimeGate files for bankruptcy. Empty TimeGate files for bankruptcy.

Post by Vigil Fri May 03, 2013 3:00 pm

The creators of Section 8 and the co-creators of Aliens Colonial Marines maybe closing down.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/2/4293890/section-8-timegate-studios-aliens-colonial-marines-bankruptcy
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

TimeGate files for bankruptcy. Empty Re: TimeGate files for bankruptcy.

Post by Lord Pheonix Fri May 03, 2013 3:17 pm

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7574
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Fri May 03, 2013 4:58 pm

The gaming industry is a wreck. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their bad coding and shit A.I will foam up about their waists and all the developers and coders of TimeGate will look up and shout "Save us!"... and we'll look down and whisper "No." They had a choice, all of them. They could have followed in the footsteps of good men like Valve or Bethesda. Decent men who believed in a day's work for a day's pay. Instead they followed the droppings of EA and Nintendo and didn't realize that the trail led over a precipice until it was too late. Don't tell me they didn't have a choice
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7574
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Fri May 03, 2013 10:16 pm

Hmm...

In other news, their most recent game was originally supposed to be published by Square Enix, but Squeex pulled out because of financial difficulties and restructuring.
Good to hear.

Oh, and can't they find 35 dollars to pay the delivery boy?
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2929
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Elabajaba Sat May 04, 2013 11:35 am

I really enjoyed the Section 8 games for their multiplayer. Hopefully they make something more in that vein if they don't shut down completely (also hopefully they stop using gfwl for your games).

Elabajaba
Crimson Epileptic

Male Number of posts : 1114
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Sat May 04, 2013 3:20 pm

Elabajaba wrote:I really enjoyed the Section 8 games for their multiplayer. Hopefully they make something more in that vein if they don't shut down completely (also hopefully they stop using gfwl for your games).
I thought the original Section 8 was okay and the multiplayer had an interesting take on the whole battlefield setup.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Sun May 05, 2013 11:36 am

I'm not going to attack them for having worked on Aliens: Colonial Marines. That game was a mess. There's on way to tell who really screwed up the game. If anything, we can really only blame Gearbox for letting it be put through development hell in the first place.

However, I'm not familiar with any of TimeGate's work. It's a bummer when people have to loose their jobs, but it's also the nature of the competitive market. If you sink too much money into a dead end and don't produce, you're going to fail. Best of luck to their employees.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Sun May 05, 2013 12:37 pm

CivBase wrote:I'm not going to attack them for having worked on Aliens: Colonial Marines. That game was a mess. There's on way to tell who really screwed up the game. If anything, we can really only blame Gearbox for letting it be put through development hell in the first place.

However, I'm not familiar with any of TimeGate's work. It's a bummer when people have to loose their jobs, but it's also the nature of the competitive market. If you sink too much money into a dead end and don't produce, you're going to fail. Best of luck to their employees.

Section 8 and Section 8 prejudice are the two games their probably best known for. They also made several of the FEAR expansions. I think the real issue here was that they weren't the biggest company and hadn't really seen massive returns on their games, as section 8 really was a mid-tier game, which is probably why they decided to make the sequel a downloadable title. Even then there are a ton of games like that on downloadable services which cut into their profits.

Colonial Marines probably just was the thing that tipped them over.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down