Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Borderlands 2

+9
Gauz
Nocbl2
CivBase
Vigil
Onyxknight
dragoon9105
TNine
Divine Virus
Vtrooper
13 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Borderlands 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Borderlands 2

Post by Vigil Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:49 am

Onyxknight wrote:The dlc is....piratty good. but i need to finish it though.

Now my main character is done, and I'm just playing around with the other characters now, I might look into it.
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:09 am

So I've just gotten to True Vault Hunter Mode. It seems interesting. Sort of a leaf from Diablo's book.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4541
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:46 am

So, did anybody else get hit by the dredded Baddass rank bug which wiped it out, along with all the customisable skins and heads that you'd unlocked?

Yeah, it sucks.

Also Gearbox have gone ahead and patched the steam version with a nerf to amplify shield wih a certain focus on the infamous 'The Bee' Shield. They also gave Terramorphus a buff in his total health.

So, yeah I finding it hard to justify jumping back into the game right now. It's now harder to grind up my other characters now as over 1800 badass ranks just got wiped, and I don't want to grind Terramorphus because now it will take signifcantly longer and for a game I prefer to play solo, I'll be forced to play it with people, just to be able to get something with an insanely small of dropping.

In under 2 weeks my opinion of the game has really soured.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:23 am

Which is why you don't play with randoms. I will help you with terramorphous if you want, though I don't think I'm really leveled enough.
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:54 pm

A game shouldn't force you to play with randoms if you don't want to. You shouldn't have to worry about things like that, bad design?
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:56 pm

Gauz wrote:A game shouldn't force you to play with randoms if you don't want to. You shouldn't have to worry about things like that, bad design?
Except you don't have to play with randoms.... ?
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:39 am

Nocbl2 wrote:Which is why you don't play with randoms. I will help you with terramorphous if you want, though I don't think I'm really leveled enough.

I never play with randoms. I usually play with my friends. The giltch is due to the mechomancer and the DLC. It seems to be affected by patch updates as well.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:39 am

Nocbl2 wrote:Which is why you don't play with randoms. I will help you with terramorphous if you want, though I don't think I'm really leveled enough.

Edit: Computer decided to post what I said twice for some reason.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:16 pm

Bugger, now I'm scared to play, lest I lose my badass ranks and challenges. D:
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:35 pm

Rotaretilbo wrote:Bugger, now I'm scared to play, lest I lose my badass ranks and challenges. D:

The sad thing is, all it does is wipe the rank. The levle of your challenges remains the same. So if you completed a challenge, it's still register as you having completed that challenge, but it doesn't give you any of the credit for doing it. Its terrible. Sad
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:27 pm

Vigil said the difficulty curve forced him to play with randoms.

Was I wrong? Sure you don't have to but if you don't you probably won't have fun anyway.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:47 pm

Gauz wrote:Vigil said the difficulty curve forced him to play with randoms.

Was I wrong? Sure you don't have to but if you don't you probably won't have fun anyway.

There was a point where the game where certain missions are virtually impossible to do solo, unless you over level for them and get really good gear, such as the circle of slaughters in the game. I did the first one solo purely by luck and skill. The Hyperion is significantly harder.

Overall, I have asked friends for help 3 times to do certain quests/ objectives. Hyperion slaughter, Terramorphus (prior to me having the bee/CC) and Veramorphus.

I have asked again in the DLC for Hyperius and Master Gee.

The thing I've found is the way to beat these solo is either overlevel or have gear that severely overpowers the opposition.

For Terramorphus it was the Bee and CC

For Hyperious it is the baby maker and a high tier shock pistol/Infinity pistol.

The problem with this is the loot drop for these items is absurdly low, and you have to kill some of these guys to get them which is counter intuitive.

Patching it so it's harder for me to play solo makes the game less desirable for me to play. In Borderlands 1, at the end you could decimate virtually anything which felt like character had real progression.

Since then in the DLC and going into this game, it's become harder and harder to play alone as in playthrough 2 and 2.5 even the most basic enemy can kill you even where your the highest level and have really good weapons and badass rank levels. That isn't fun. What's the point if all that grinding and loot gathering if you can get killed by a bullymong for christ's sake. Making the player feel powerful is hard to do, as it's a fine balance, too little and they feel useless, too much and their overpowered.

Borderlands originally probably lent too much towards the later, but not it's heading too far in the other direction.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:55 pm

I think I'd rather be overpowered than underpowered. At least being OP you can just fuck shit up at will and not give any fucks.
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:12 pm

Agreed. When it's all said and done, after you've invested so heavily into leveling and grinding loot, you should be rewarded by being able to truly and totally fuck up any common mob you encounter. Only the higher-end bosses should stand any chance of doing you serious harm.

I've a level 45 now, and I often go into Normal mode on my own to get challenges I'd missed. It's quite bothersome that even in low-level areas like the Fridge, I have to be wary because if I am not careful, I can be killed.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoon9105 Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:02 pm

Ehh I'd argue borderlands one Roland and Brick were under powered in play through 2 and 2.5, Enemies just have so much fucking health you need the pure damage dealing of the Hunter or Siren so it seems that hasn't changed much between games.

dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:46 am

Second Piece of DLC is out today.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/16/mr-torgues-campaign-of-carnage-kicks-off-in-borderlands-2-next/

From what I've heard, it's Mad Moxi's Underdome with some stuff you can do inbetween and more of a story hook.

I might jump back in, but it's unlikely given I'm still waiting for the Badass rank patch.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:18 pm

The Bee and the Conference Call could instakill Terra. It was not slightly OP, it literally made the game a joke.

For playing solo, go for Anarachy Maige. She benefits from not having to split her kills, and she becomes so insanely strong you can do anything and get away with it.

In the first game Brick became pretty UP in the second playthrough except for a few explosive AR builds, and Roland also had trouble doing anything but supporting his teammates. Meanwhile, Morde could do a lot of damage or just up BW to kill everything, and Lilith could Pheonix the fuck out of everything. I think this game is much more balanced.
TNine
TNine
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1200
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:25 pm

TNine wrote:The Bee and the Conference Call could instakill Terra. It was not slightly OP, it literally made the game a joke.

For playing solo, go for Anarachy Maige. She benefits from not having to split her kills, and she becomes so insanely strong you can do anything and get away with it.

In the first game Brick became pretty UP in the second playthrough except for a few explosive AR builds, and Roland also had trouble doing anything but supporting his teammates. Meanwhile, Morde could do a lot of damage or just up BW to kill everything, and Lilith could Pheonix the fuck out of everything. I think this game is much more balanced.

Why do I have to have to be restricted to one character? Can't I pick who I want and play solo? That's a design oversight if you ask me.

I played Roland and his turret is deadly in the second playthrough. Also abusing the elemental weakness make most of the enemies a joke.

The reason why people farmed Terra was because of his exclusive drops which were very, very rare, only about 1-2% per kill. Hence why people wanted to farm him. Nerfing the bee and making him tougher is going to make that progress longer and requires a farming team to be on to work with you to get these items. It's just not feasible for many people, which is why the Bee was such a godsend.

The game is a lot more balanced in terms of the characters, as I had a friend who played a high-level Lilith who curbed stomped all enemies while I just held my own as Roland. My problem is that the game because absurdly hard in playthrough 2 and 2.5.

Also the bosses aren't beaten by clever strategy or learning their weakness, but cheesing them. Final Boss of Borderlands? Get in the corner where you can't be hit. Knox? Shoot him in head repeatedly. CL4P-TRAP? Shoot the big glowing eye and get in that corner where the clapraps his spawns can't hit you.

And then the Borderlands 2 bosses. The Warrior was a pathetic, shoot him in the chest deal. Hyperious is easily cheesed with the babymaker and the infinity/a strong shock pistol. Master Gee is even easier as all you do is hide behind the rock at the entrance and kill sand worms until his debuff kills him. It's total bullshit.

Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:51 pm

As a side note, when my friends and I first fought the Warrior, we did not know that his chest was his weak point and opted instead to shoot his mouth, which is also a weak spot. We had no deaths in the fight at all.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:52 am

Rotaretilbo wrote:As a side note, when my friends and I first fought the Warrior, we did not know that his chest was his weak point and opted instead to shoot his mouth, which is also a weak spot. We had no deaths in the fight at all.

I fought him solo and I didn't realise the weakpoint until about halfway through. Kill him without deaths as well.

He's absurdly easy, and the only real threat in the fight is the lava.

It still furthers my point that gearbox has never made a really challenging boss to these games, and I applaud their continued attempts for trying, but at this point you really to stop making the bosses have either stupidly high health, or one gimmick you exploit in a fight to win.

Nerfing the bee/cc isn't going to fix this problem.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:44 pm

I had no deaths against the Warrior. He was extremely easy to kill for being the final boss.
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum: