Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twenty long years.

+21
RX
A_Bearded_Swede
tiny tim
Rotaretilbo
BBJynne
Vtrooper
laxspartan007
dragoon9105
TNine
Divine Virus
Ruski
Ringleader
Nocbl2
CivBase
Vigil
KristallNacht
Felix
KrAzY
Lord Pheonix
MrX
Rasq'uire'laskar
25 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Twenty long years. - Page 5 Empty Re: Twenty long years.

Post by Carlos Spicyweiner Sat May 07, 2011 7:57 am

Nocbl2 wrote:CNN actually had a report on how incompetent the new Al Qaeda leader was.

Honestly, Osama wouldn't let an incompetent fool take over after he hit the can. Why would ANYONE let one?

It is completely engineered. It's SO convenient that tradition requires the body buried within a day. And why the hell should we care what traditions a mass murderer's burial requires? Also, Zaki confirmed that that IS NOT ACTUALLY A TRADITION. So the only 'evidence' we have to go on is Obama saying "Oh yeah btw we killed Osama."

It's a PR stunt! Even if Osama is dead, don't you think it's at least a little too convenient?
Yes, it is convenient that a mass murderer and leader of one of the largest terrorist cells in the world is dead. It's convenient that we have achieved a goal that most thought we wouldn't accomplish. This is convenient, but not convenient to the point where we can start calling Obama a liar.

If Osama was alive, al-Qaeda would have already heard about this and released a video revealing that we're liars. Do you understand what that would do to the U.S. image? We would be called liars by almost every country that has been thanking us and cheering for us because of Osama's killing. We would be seen as unreliable. It would hurt our world image a lot if we tried to lie about killing Osama and failed at it. And Obama is a smart man. He's smart enough to see those repercussions. He's smart enough to see that al-Qaeda is going to take every chance to hurt us and hurt our image so if the government even thought about lying, Obama or at least some analyst would see that outcome.
Carlos Spicyweiner
Carlos Spicyweiner
Minion

Male Number of posts : 803
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruski Sat May 07, 2011 8:04 am

Ignore

Last edited by Ruski on Sat May 07, 2011 8:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Ruski
Ruski
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1218
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruski Sat May 07, 2011 8:04 am

Ignore
Ruski
Ruski
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Sat May 07, 2011 8:08 am

Carlos Spicyweiner wrote:
If Osama was alive, al-Qaeda would have already heard about this and released a video revealing that we're liars. Do you understand what that would do to the U.S. image? We would be called liars by almost every country that has been thanking us and cheering for us because of Osama's killing. We would be seen as unreliable. It would hurt our world image a lot if we tried to lie about killing Osama and failed at it. And Obama is a smart man. He's smart enough to see those repercussions. He's smart enough to see that al-Qaeda is going to take every chance to hurt us and hurt our image so if the government even thought about lying, Obama or at least some analyst would see that outcome.

for 1, how would you know if al Qaeda was saying that's not what happened? How likely would you be to believe if they were?

secondly, Nobody here has mentioned at all that Osama is likely alive. He's almost certainly dead. But without him still being alive, al Qaeda has no proof the story is false, much like our government isn't showing any proof its true.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruski Sat May 07, 2011 12:41 pm

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42941138/ns/world_news-death_of_bin_laden/

US released five videos seized from the compound. The videos themselves are not featured in the news article, but it talks about them.

Edit: UN wants more information on the raid

http://www.politico.com/blogs/joshgerstein/0511/UN_wants_supporting_facts_from_US_on_bin_Laden_killing.html?showall

Last edited by Ruski on Sat May 07, 2011 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ruski
Ruski
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Vtrooper Sat May 07, 2011 4:24 pm

this is to see if it was legal...
Vtrooper
Vtrooper
Crimson Henchmen

Male Number of posts : 2885
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine Sat May 07, 2011 5:21 pm

Let's put it this way. What evidence is there that Obama is lying? Saying that perhaps we should look deeper into the subject, or saying not to take everything at face value is okay, but concluding, or even seriously proposing, that Obama is lying to the USA will take more than convenience and coincidence.
TNine
TNine
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1200
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Sat May 07, 2011 7:18 pm

well its hard to say "we want proof" without implying it's a lie.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Vtrooper Sat May 07, 2011 8:55 pm

KristallNacht wrote:well its hard to say "we want proof" without implying it's a lie.

also, why do you need proof when we got a crashed Blackhawk, Al Queda leadership saying he is dead, and video we wouldn't have unless we found him.

it comes down to people being dumb asses
Vtrooper
Vtrooper
Crimson Henchmen

Male Number of posts : 2885
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Sat May 07, 2011 9:34 pm

Vtrooper wrote:
KristallNacht wrote:well its hard to say "we want proof" without implying it's a lie.

also, why do you need proof when we got a crashed Blackhawk, Al Queda leadership saying he is dead, and video we wouldn't have unless we found him.

it comes down to people being dumb asses

can you show me al qaeda leadership saying he died in that raid?

can you show me this video that proves we found him?

and can you show any kind of evidence that a downed blackhawk = osama bin laden?

Not a SINGLE person here has said that there wasn't a military operation in pakistan. (as convenient as that blackhawk needing to be scuttled is)
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine Sun May 08, 2011 12:50 am

There's a difference between saying "We want more proof, i have doubts" and "I don't believe you". Lack of evidence to one point is not enough to start believing another. I'd expand more (and make it make sense), but i'm tired right now, so :/
TNine
TNine
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruski Sun May 08, 2011 8:02 am

I don't know how it isn't apperent to anyone that it is obviously the Obama Administration's version of

Spoiler:

WE KNEW IT!

On a serious point,

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/05/07/pakistan.bin.laden.intelligence/index.html?hpt=T1 More on the videos of Osama Bin Laden that were recovered.

Edited:

Al-Awlaki targeted by U.S. military drone in Yemen

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/meast/05/06/yemen.drone.strike/index.html?iref=allsearch

Last edited by Ruski on Sun May 08, 2011 8:39 am; edited 2 times in total
Ruski
Ruski
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Sun May 08, 2011 8:31 am

you linked the same thing twice
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruski Sun May 08, 2011 8:40 am

KristallNacht wrote:you linked the same thing twice

Fixed.

Also, Official: Obama OK'd raid based on '50-50' chance bin Laden was there

http://www.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/05/07/bin.laden.donilon/index.html?hpt=T2
Ruski
Ruski
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Sun May 08, 2011 2:31 pm

Rotaretilbo wrote:Not hearing that he got shot during a raid a week ago.

from what I can tell, he made the announcement the same day of the raid. When he said Monday, he meant Monday in Pakistan, which at the time of his announcement was 'today'. Many sources that continued to show up used 'monday' referencing that monday, not the monday before.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Sun May 08, 2011 3:15 pm

TNine wrote:
There's a difference between saying "We want more proof, i have doubts" and "I don't believe you". Lack of evidence to one point is not enough to start believing another. I'd expand more (and make it make sense), but i'm tired right now, so :/

We're just using the scientific method.

There was evidence to suggest he was already dead before. No new evidence outside of a government anecdote has be presented to warrant changing that conclusion.

KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine Sun May 08, 2011 5:41 pm

KristallNacht wrote:
TNine wrote:

We're just using the scientific method.

There was evidence to suggest he was already dead before. No new evidence outside of a government anecdote has be presented to warrant changing that conclusion.

That is NOT the scientific method.
TNine
TNine
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Sun May 08, 2011 11:50 pm

TNine wrote:Let's put it this way. What evidence is there that Obama is lying?

Well, there are all of the minor inconsistencies I've pointed out. It isn't much, but I have never said that Obama is most certainly lying. Just that it doesn't sit right with me. On the flip side, what evidence, other than the government's word, is there that Obama is telling the truth?

TNine wrote:Saying that perhaps we should look deeper into the subject, or saying not to take everything at face value is okay, but concluding, or even seriously proposing, that Obama is lying to the USA will take more than convenience and coincidence.

Actually, Obama has consistently lied in the past, primarily about promises and such whatnot. This would obviously be a step up from that, but given all of the inconsistencies and lack of evidence otherwise, I do not think it out of place to seriously propose that Obama may be lying.

Vtrooper wrote:also, why do you need proof when we got a crashed Blackhawk

No one here is questioning whether the raid occurred. We are questioning whether the target was Osama bin Laden.

Vtrooper wrote:Al Queda leadership saying he is dead

You mean the media saying that al Qaeda leadership is saying he is dead? Because that isn't the same thing. Not that anyone here is proposing that he is alive in the first place.

Vtrooper wrote:and video we wouldn't have unless we found him.

For some reason, I doubt that the video we found could only possibly be found in the possession of Osama bin Laden, and not any other al Qaeda higher up, as has been suggested by myself all along.

it comes down to people being dumb asses [/quote]

TNine wrote:There's a difference between saying "We want more proof, i have doubts" and "I don't believe you". Lack of evidence to one point is not enough to start believing another. I'd expand more (and make it make sense), but i'm tired right now, so :/

A big difference. Except, thus far, neither myself nor NT has outright said "I don't believe you." In fact, I think I've stated repeatedly, over and over, "I want more proof, I have doubts."
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4541
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RX Mon May 09, 2011 12:14 am

I love the people on this site's ability to ignore what is said and instead write what they think is being said.
RX
RX
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1958
Registration date : 2008-12-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruski Mon May 09, 2011 1:37 pm

Ruski
Ruski
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruski Tue May 10, 2011 11:08 am

Ruski
Ruski
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruski Thu May 12, 2011 11:10 am

http://www.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/05/11/congress.bin.laden.photos/index.html?hpt=T2More members of Congress have been allowed to view the some 15 pictures of the body of Osama bin Laden

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/05/11/bin.laden.revenge/index.htmlOnline forums associated with al Qaeda overflow with eulogies for Osama bin Laden, and with declarations that global jihad will continue

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/05/10/pakistan.bin.laden/index.htmlU.S. granted access to speak to bin Laden's wives

Last edited by Ruski on Thu May 12, 2011 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To fix link naming problems)
Ruski
Ruski
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum