Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Liberal Democrat

+7
CivBase
tiny tim
Ringleader
MrX
Gold Spartan
Lord Pheonix
JumpingJet
11 posters

Go down

Liberal Democrat Empty Liberal Democrat

Post by JumpingJet Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:02 pm

Say hello to your new member of the Liberal Democrat party Smile
If you guys remember a while ago i told you i gained the possition of my citys youth chairman?
Well it seems the Lib Dems noticed me and invited me to join their party Smile Exactly what i wanted Smile
Give it another 2 years and you'll be talking to "Councillor Gatehouse".
For all you Amaricans, its the same as being a congressmen Smile

TNine wrote:
JumpingJet wrote:

Its a massive and easy temptation to take the easy option of the money, the lifestyle and luxuary of a successfull politition and become corrupt on that life. It takes a stong will to stick to the truth. But this nation is full of corrupt politions. I aim to be different. Given a few years i may be corrupt too but i aim to help the country as much as i can until then.
I was really hoping for the "so i'm not gonna fight it. Who wants to buy my vote?" speech.

But seriously, is a lib dem like a full-blown congressman? Cause that's pretty high up in the government if that's true...

Here are the basics, it can get extreemly complicated. if you want to know more just let me know.

English Politics runs on two levels.

Nationwide and within your City.

Nationwide:
MP's (Member of parlement) Represent your City, there is 1 MP per city in England. Each MP holds a "seat" in the House of Commons in London. The house of commons is where everything happens, all the decisions are made. There are 650 "Seats" in England.

Each MP belongs to a "Political Party" with their own individual policys. There are several parties in England. The three main parties are; Labour, Conservative and Liberal Democrats.

Each party has it's own elected leader who is also am MP.

The English Goverment is ruled by which ever party hold the most seats in the house of commons (Which ever party has the most MP's elected)

The PM (Prime minister, Similar to the US president) is the leader of the political party in power at that time.

Citywide

In each city, there are outlying Hamlets and villages. Each village/hamlet has its own "Councillor" (A member of the city council) The number of Councillors on a counil depend on the size or the town or city.

My city, Leeds, Has 99 Councillors.

Each councillor has to run for election and promote himself. Like MP's each Councillor will belong to a Party with certain views acompanying(sp) that party. Although the Policy of a Labour MP will differ from an Labour Councillor due to the fact they work on a differnent level. One is Citywide the other nationwide. So a Councillor will deal with problems effecting local communites whilst an MP deals with International and national affairs and such.

Like in national politics, the party with the most seat out of 99 in the council will have a majority and therefor be in control of the city. The leader of the council, like at a national level is the leader of whatever party is in power at the time.

Differences bettwenn Nationwide and Citywide.
Although, The Nationwide Goverment doesnt nessasarily control the Citywide council. The nationwide goverment can be Conservative ruled but the City Council can be Labour ruled. The nationwide says for instence to the City Council, "You need to lose £300,000 somewhere in youth opertunities in your city" It is up to the City Council where to lose that money.

In short, The nationwide goverment create the order and the City Council have to carry it out how they see fit. How they carry it out they choose.

My situation:
Currently i am not a Councillor as i am not 18. I am just a "Member of the Liberal Democrat Political Party" at a citywide level. I visit people houses and persuade them to vote liberals and build a relationship with my community. I run and help run campaigns to publicise the party.

By doing so i become known in my community and get the attention of the party. When i turn 18 i plan to run for my local councillor, after hopefully building a relationship with my community and have the support of my party.

Last edited by JumpingJet on Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
JumpingJet
JumpingJet
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1269
Registration date : 2009-03-22

Back to top Go down

Liberal Democrat Empty Re: Liberal Democrat

Post by Lord Pheonix Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:35 pm

Now we have our men in the military and the government.

Excellent.......

All is going according to My Plan
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7574
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Spartan Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:45 pm

JumpingJet wrote:Say hello to your new member of the Liberal Democrat party Smile

If you guys remember a while ago i told you i gained the possition of my citys youth chairman?

Well it seems the Lib Dems noticed me and invited me to join their party Smile Exactly what i wanted Smile

So does that imply 2 democratic parties or just a slightly longer name for one?
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://www.fftu.info/forum/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post by MrX Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:04 pm

FUCK YOU.
MrX
MrX
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3080
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:15 pm

Us Americans have a lot of jokes about congressmen, all good.
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny tim Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:45 pm

Lord Pheonix wrote:Now we have our men in the military and the government.

Excellent.......

Actually Lp, I'm planning on going career military so we'll always have someone there Razz

tiny tim
Crimson Cripple

Male Number of posts : 1762
Registration date : 2009-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:22 pm

Liberal... democrat.... *thread erupts in flames (crimson, of course)* :twisted:

Nah.... but srsly... gtfo Whatever

jk of course... ;)

...probably

Last edited by CivBase on Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasrkin Seath Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:47 pm

Politicians?!? I FUCKING HATE POLITICIANS!!
.... but I guess you're okay ;)
Kasrkin Seath
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Male Number of posts : 3018
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyApothecary Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:22 am

Well congrats Jumping
GreyApothecary
GreyApothecary
Minion

Male Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2010-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:03 am

tiny tim wrote:

Actually Lp, I'm planning on going career military so we'll always have someone there Razz

we already have career military.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by JumpingJet Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:54 am

Lord Pheonix wrote:Now we have our men in the military and the government.

Excellent.......

Great.... I guess...

Gold Spartan wrote:
JumpingJet wrote:Say hello to your new member of the Liberal Democrat party Smile

So does that imply 2 democratic parties or just a slightly longer name for one?

Originally two parties, The Liberals and the Social Democratic party, joined as one in 1988.

The Pariah wrote:FUCK YOU.

Erm.....................Cool?

CivBase wrote:Liberal... democrat.... *thread erupts in flames (crimson, of course)* :twisted:

Nah.... but srsly... gtfo Whatever

jk of course... ;)

...probably

Don't tell me you're raging against the Lib Dems because they "broke their promises"?

Kasrkin Seath wrote:Politicians?!? I FUCKING HATE POLITICIANS!!
.... but I guess you're okay ;)

Thanks Smile
Its a massive and easy temptation to take the easy option of the money, the lifestyle and luxuary of a successfull politition and become corrupt on that life. It takes a stong will to stick to the truth. But this nation is full of corrupt politions. I aim to be different. Given a few years i may be corrupt too but i aim to help the country as much as i can until then.

GreyApothecary wrote:Well congrats Jumping

Thank you very much Smile
JumpingJet
JumpingJet
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:07 am

JumpingJet wrote:

I was really hoping for the "so i'm not gonna fight it. Who wants to buy my vote?" speech.

But seriously, is a lib dem like a full-blown congressman? Cause that's pretty high up in the government if that's true...
TNine
TNine
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1200
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:47 am

Realist: What the TCF preaches lol
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by JumpingJet Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:34 pm

TNine wrote:
JumpingJet wrote:

Here are the basics, it can get extreemly complicated. if you want to know more just let me know.

English Politics runs on two levels.

Nationwide and within your City.

Nationwide:
MP's (Member of parlement) Represent your City, there is 1 MP per city in England. Each MP holds a "seat" in the House of Commons in London. The house of commons is where everything happens, all the decisions are made. There are 650 "Seats" in England.

Each MP belongs to a "Political Party" with their own individual policys. There are several parties in England. The three main parties are; Labour, Conservative and Liberal Democrats.

Each party has it's own elected leader who is also am MP.

The English Goverment is ruled by which ever party hold the most seats in the house of commons (Which ever party has the most MP's elected)

The PM (Prime minister, Similar to the US president) is the leader of the political party in power at that time.

Citywide

In each city, there are outlying Hamlets and villages. Each village/hamlet has its own "Councillor" (A member of the city council) The number of Councillors on a counil depend on the size or the town or city.

My city, Leeds, Has 99 Councillors.

Each councillor has to run for election and promote himself. Like MP's each Councillor will belong to a Party with certain views acompanying(sp) that party. Although the Policy of a Labour MP will differ from an Labour Councillor due to the fact they work on a differnent level. One is Citywide the other nationwide. So a Councillor will deal with problems effecting local communites whilst an MP deals with International and national affairs and such.

Like in national politics, the party with the most seat out of 99 in the council will have a majority and therefor be in control of the city. The leader of the council, like at a national level is the leader of whatever party is in power at the time.

Differences bettwenn Nationwide and Citywide.
Although, The Nationwide Goverment doesnt nessasarily control the Citywide council. The nationwide goverment can be Conservative ruled but the City Council can be Labour ruled. The nationwide says for instence to the City Council, "You need to lose £300,000 somewhere in youth opertunities in your city" It is up to the City Council where to lose that money.

In short, The nationwide goverment create the order and the City Council have to carry it out how they see fit. How they carry it out they choose.

My situation:
Currently i am not a Councillor as i am not 18. I am just a "Member of the Liberal Democrat Political Party" at a citywide level. I visit people houses and persuade them to vote liberals and build a relationship with my community. I run and help run campaigns to publicise the party.

By doing so i become known in my community and get the attention of the party. When i turn 18 i plan to run for my local councillor, after hopefully building a relationship with my community and have the support of my party.

I hope this helped people.

Ill add this to the opening post aswell.
JumpingJet
JumpingJet
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:56 pm

You are the Jehovah's Witnesses of the Liberal Party lol
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by JumpingJet Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:13 pm

Dont associate me with them....

You're lucky you dont live in England in my city LP, You may own my soul but i can always get it back Smile hehe
JumpingJet
JumpingJet
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:32 pm

Liberal Democrat 6770_1224098644598_1292960927_30665295_5362902_n

I'm Terrified lol
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny tim Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:14 pm

KristallNacht wrote:
tiny tim wrote:

we already have career military.

But I'm not a troll, so I might actually get somewhere. Also, we'll be in different branches. Both with their own uses.

tiny tim
Crimson Cripple

Male Number of posts : 1762
Registration date : 2009-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by JumpingJet Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:21 pm

Lord Pheonix wrote:Liberal Democrat 6770_1224098644598_1292960927_30665295_5362902_n

I'm Terrified lol

Picture was taken 3 years ago.

Besides, as we know i'm not a military man. I wasnt insinuating i destroyed you by physical force.
JumpingJet
JumpingJet
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:31 pm

well I AM a military man.

Bring it

^_^
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:25 pm

tiny tim wrote:

But I'm not a troll, so I might actually get somewhere. Also, we'll be in different branches. Both with their own uses.

but only mine is useful.

and I'm already getting somewhere. I'm a Lance holding a Sergeants billet. I'd say that counts for something
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum