Halo CE Remake coming this November

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Halo CE Remake coming this November - Page 3 Empty Re: Halo CE Remake coming this November

Post by KristallNacht on Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:46 pm

nothing sucks more than ending up 3 hours into an argument and realizing you're wrong.


a remake of Halo: CE is a godsend, but its unlikely they'll do it in a way that really works for those that played the original as their first Console game.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Location : San Diego, California
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Halo CE Remake coming this November - Page 3 Empty Re: Halo CE Remake coming this November

Post by Gold Spartan on Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:57 pm

Kasrkin Seath wrote:Alot of people think that this is important enough to argue about endlessly
its really perplexing
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3405
Age : 24
Location : Kentucky, where else?
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://www.fftu.info/forum/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Halo CE Remake coming this November - Page 3 Empty Re: Halo CE Remake coming this November

Post by Gauz on Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:02 pm

Gold Spartan wrote:
Kasrkin Seath wrote:Alot of people think that this is important enough to argue about endlessly
its really perplexing
Just like seaths incorrect usage of "a lot"
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Halo CE Remake coming this November - Page 3 Empty Re: Halo CE Remake coming this November

Post by BBJynne on Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:40 pm

Gauz wrote:
Gold Spartan wrote:
Kasrkin Seath wrote:Alot of people think that this is important enough to argue about endlessly
its really perplexing
Just like seaths incorrect usage of "a lot"
I love when people try to be grammar nazis, but they make a mistake in the same post with which they point out another member's flaws.

BBJynne
The Lord's Blood Knight

Male Number of posts : 5059
Age : 27
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Halo CE Remake coming this November - Page 3 Empty Re: Halo CE Remake coming this November

Post by Kasrkin Seath on Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:42 pm

BBJynne wrote:
Gauz wrote:
Gold Spartan wrote:
Kasrkin Seath wrote:Alot of people think that this is important enough to argue about endlessly
its really perplexing
Just like seaths incorrect usage of "a lot"
I love when people try to be grammar nazis, but they make a mistake in the same post with which they point out another member's flaws.
As far as im concerned "Alot" is its own word.

_________________
I AM THE LAW
Halo CE Remake coming this November - Page 3 Kasrki10
[00:17:22] @ KrAzY : new law.
[00:17:28] @ KrAzY : the law can now be a person.
[00:17:28] @ XNate02 : The Law, can only be The Law.
[00:17:32] @ Gauz : I'd kick everyone....
[00:17:37] @ KrAzY : and that person is seath
[00:17:39] @ kasrkin seath : YES
------------------------------------------
[02:22:43] @ KrAzY : the reason we all come to TCF is because Seath is too Lord Pheonix damn sexy to stop.
Kasrkin Seath
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Male Number of posts : 3018
Location : Michigan
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Halo CE Remake coming this November - Page 3 Empty Re: Halo CE Remake coming this November

Post by Felix on Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:57 pm

Cool. Probably be way better than the original anyway.
Felix
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2083
Age : 27
Location : Unlocking Alchemy
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Halo CE Remake coming this November - Page 3 Empty Re: Halo CE Remake coming this November

Post by KristallNacht on Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:05 am

Kasrkin Seath wrote:
As far as im concerned "Alot" is its own word.

http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/04/alot-is-better-than-you-at-everything.html
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Location : San Diego, California
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Halo CE Remake coming this November - Page 3 Empty Re: Halo CE Remake coming this November

Post by Gauz on Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:25 am

Kasrkin Seath wrote:
BBJynne wrote:
Gauz wrote:
Gold Spartan wrote:
Kasrkin Seath wrote:Alot of people think that this is important enough to argue about endlessly
its really perplexing
Just like seaths incorrect usage of "a lot"
I love when people try to be grammar nazis, but they make a mistake in the same post with which they point out another member's flaws.
As far as im concerned "Alot" is its own word.
Seath making the "Alot" error is worse than any other mistake.

His sins need punishing.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Halo CE Remake coming this November - Page 3 Empty Re: Halo CE Remake coming this November

Post by CivBase on Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:38 pm

Ring, I hate to say it you don't love Halo... you love complaining. You never got out of critic-mode after Halo Wars came out. No game is perfect, but you are determined to exploit every imperfection with the new Halo instalments. Ir gets kind of annoying after a while.

_________________
Halo CE Remake coming this November - Page 3 Bzsigy2
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Location : Etchisketchistan
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Halo CE Remake coming this November - Page 3 Empty Re: Halo CE Remake coming this November

Post by Ringleader on Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:32 pm

I love to complain in a thread that was certain to bring about mixed feelings from the community, therefore I cannot love Halo.

I spent 3 years making a Halo mod because I love complaining, I play Halo, and read all the books 4 times over, because I like complaining, I like drawing Halo stuff, and using time to comment on a Halo thread on a website with strangers or at least people I don't know to well, because I like complaining and not Halo.

Are you sure I don't like Halo and complaining?

Are you sure I like complaining at all? More then anyone else here when properly motivated by something as near and dear to them? I really don't like to complain, but if I see people having views that not only differ from mine, but also support something that may become deficit to something I like, then I will, like anyone else would.
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Age : 27
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Halo CE Remake coming this November - Page 3 Empty Re: Halo CE Remake coming this November

Post by CivBase on Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:57 pm

You love the old Halo - you're right - but that's not why you're complaining right now. I think you're just complaining because you like it. It's become a sort of hobby for you to find flaws with every new piece of Halo lore.

_________________
Halo CE Remake coming this November - Page 3 Bzsigy2
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Location : Etchisketchistan
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Halo CE Remake coming this November - Page 3 Empty Re: Halo CE Remake coming this November

Post by Angatar on Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:01 pm

Every response you make is just digging the hole deeper, Ringleader.

You keep making the fantastical claims of how this game is going to suck, not going to live up to Halo CE, how it will fail, when all you have heard is an announcement for it. There has been no information, no images, no videos, yet you feel the need to force your opinions down everyones throat. Your first post in this thread was only remotely on the subject of this game, it was actually complaining about Halo Reaches gameplay features, a completely different game, thats only relevance is that both games are set in the Haloverse.

Just calm down. If you don't like this game, don't buy it. No one is forcing you to, and Halo CE will still be here when this is released. Different people have different tastes, Ringleader, you got your satisfaction from Halo CE, let others get theirs from this remake.

_________________
Halo CE Remake coming this November - Page 3 Angatarcopy-1
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Age : 24
Location : Long Island
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Halo CE Remake coming this November - Page 3 Empty Re: Halo CE Remake coming this November

Post by Gauz on Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:11 pm

I think we will all get the license to judge the product when retailers actually sell it >.>
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Halo CE Remake coming this November - Page 3 Empty Re: Halo CE Remake coming this November

Post by dragoon9105 on Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:05 pm

Anyone up for discussion without senseless bashing at eachother now?

Forge world, will it be in the Remake

Go
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Halo CE Remake coming this November - Page 3 Empty Re: Halo CE Remake coming this November

Post by Ringleader on Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:50 pm

CivBase wrote:You love the old Halo - you're right - but that's not why you're complaining right now. I think you're just complaining because you like it. It's become a sort of hobby for you to find flaws with every new piece of Halo lore.

Oh, I love the old Halo...

Tell me, what else do I love?


In my defense, it's very flaw ridden. That's what happens when stuff get's retconned and the game play changes to cater to a wider audience. No, I really would rather use up my time doing other stuff, but I'm essentially forced to.

My first post in this thread was directed towards Rasq, everyone else just sorta, clinged on. You yourself said they had better not be making it the way THEY thought it should be, aesthetically, please elaborate your stance, I find myself in complete agreement with it, and I would be interested in knowing what you yourself liked about the original Halo to not want it changed in this remake.
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Age : 27
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Halo CE Remake coming this November - Page 3 Empty Re: Halo CE Remake coming this November

Post by Ringleader on Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:50 pm

dragoon9105 wrote:Anyone up for discussion without senseless bashing at eachother now?

Forge world, will it be in the Remake

Go

It might be in, it might not be in either.

/discussion
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Age : 27
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Halo CE Remake coming this November - Page 3 Empty Re: Halo CE Remake coming this November

Post by Ringleader on Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Angatar wrote:Every response you make is just digging the hole deeper, Ringleader.
Digging myself deeper? I'm not supposed to reply to posts directed at me, like this one?

Was I supposed to respond to this or am I supposed to not respond to your final word? Because I wasn't intending to at all, but then you said 'every response you make is just digging the hole deeper, Ringleader', which is just another way of saying 'I can say things, but you can't respond do them because the people I agree with said them and I said them'.

You keep making the fantastical claims of how this game is going to suck, not going to live up to Halo CE, how it will fail, when all you have heard is an announcement for it.
What is so fantastic about my claims?

Bungie + Halo = Good

Microsoft - Bungie +Timeshit = probably not as good.


That is the extent of my rationale, most my other points are trying to explain that I'm not as keen on personal attacks in response to a post that had Commander Riker: saying "SHUT UP!, As in close your mouth and stop talking!"

There has been no information,
Actually, plenty enough information had been provided for the deduction of the possibility of the remake not being up to snuff being simply too large to risk.

no images, no videos, yet you feel the need to force your opinions down everyones throat.
I could have sword I had originally talked to Rasq about it, then everyone else sorta swooped in screaming and waving their arms about.

So, I feel kinda obliged to, not sit there.

We saw videos of Reach's development too, did those VidDocs show us the unnecessary canonical breaches in the Halo storyline? In a sense they did, when they showed the first Spartan armor locking, they essentially blew up Halo.

Without even having to initialize a wild cat destabilization of the reactor. (That's a reference to the original Halo CE, most people after this year that get into Halo won't know that, it pains me to think about that.)

Your first post in this thread was only remotely on the subject of this game,
Mmmno.

it was actually complaining about Halo Reaches gameplay features,


I mentioned Reach's gameplay features, therefore the intent of my post was Reach's gameplay features and not something else that completely pertained to the subject matter I brought up, i.e. the remake having Reach's gameplay features...


a completely different game, thats only relevance is that both games are set in the Haloverse.
Whow, are you implying that the only similarities these games should have is that they occur in the same universe? So like, all the Sabres, and space harleys, and spartan super jump jets (halo legends), were all fine and dandy because they happened in the same universe but not in the same game or novel or media, and that occurrence in itself doesn't bleed over to cheapen the overall experience?

Also, is it really the same universe if they change the universe?


Just calm down.
Bungie said Reach was their swan song to Halo, but now the swan came back to sing us another swan song to Halo.

If you don't like this game, don't buy it.
Bleep Bloop

(I say this every time someone drops that catchphrase, so maybe someday they'll realize that if you really like Halo, then you won't want to see it crash and burn on swan's second swan song and the IP constantly retconned to stay fresh and marketable at the expense of...well, the IP)

No one is forcing you to, and Halo CE will still be here when this is released. Different people have different tastes, Ringleader,
Err, yeah, but the Remake isn't out yet. No ones forcing me to do anything physically, with violoence, does that mean I cannot have an opinion on the subject?

I could have sworn that, like, all my points pertained to the possibility of it sucking based on the given information, and that it might be a risk that may be not worth taking.

I also expressed my deepest wishes that it won't suck, but then I thought about it, and then came to the conclusion that it most likely will not be as good as the first Halo, and therefore isn't really, like, worth making or playing when you can simply play the first one.

you got your satisfaction from Halo CE, let others get theirs from this remake.
Yeah that's all well and all, except this thread is to announce the remake, and to discuss what you apparently think about it, so long as you only shower it with praise.

I'm not stopping anyone from enjoying it, because like you said, it's not even out yet, so...

If your really swayed that much by RL's opinion as to damage your likability of the Halo franchise by mentioning really obvious and glaring problems with it, and care SO much about RL's opinion to always respond to it, even if the world won't implode if you don't, then what can I say. Don't worry about what I have to say to Rasq, because trust me, whatever worth you place on my stance, my own stance on this remake being not cool is about 12,000 times that value.

Oh and Bacon, how many of Angs points did I skip? A lot of them? I tried not to skip them by quoting his entire post and responding to all his points, but that's no guarantee I guess.
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Age : 27
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Halo CE Remake coming this November - Page 3 Empty Re: Halo CE Remake coming this November

Post by Nocbl2 on Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:49 am

Guys, whether you like it or not, it's coming. Whether you like it or not, people are going to buy it. There's nothing you can do about it by flaming each other over the Internet.
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Age : 20
Location : California
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Halo CE Remake coming this November - Page 3 Empty Re: Halo CE Remake coming this November

Post by dragoon9105 on Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:44 pm

what else would they do with all thier spare time, i vote play halo reach
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Halo CE Remake coming this November - Page 3 Empty Re: Halo CE Remake coming this November

Post by Gauz on Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:54 pm

Nocbl2 wrote:Guys, whether you like it or not, it's coming. Whether you like it or not, people are going to buy it. There's nothing you can do about it by flaming each other over the Internet.
And you think saying that is going to stop them because...


Pointlessness isn't enough a reason to stop arguements Razz
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Halo CE Remake coming this November - Page 3 Empty Re: Halo CE Remake coming this November

Post by TNine on Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:05 pm

Because, normally, the arguments on this site have such a huge effect...
TNine
TNine
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1200
Age : 24
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Halo CE Remake coming this November - Page 3 Empty Re: Halo CE Remake coming this November

Post by Ascendant Justice on Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:02 pm

Anyone else wishing that the devs would keep/remake the old "booming" sound that the Halo CE assault rifle made? That was an awesome sounding weapon...
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2136
Age : 26
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Halo CE Remake coming this November - Page 3 Empty Re: Halo CE Remake coming this November

Post by JumpingJet on Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:09 pm

I dont know whether to flay these guys or fuck them...
JumpingJet
JumpingJet
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1269
Age : 25
Location : Leeds, UK
Registration date : 2009-03-22

Back to top Go down

Halo CE Remake coming this November - Page 3 Empty Re: Halo CE Remake coming this November

Post by Nocbl2 on Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:50 pm

Ringleader wrote:
In my defense, it's very flaw ridden. That's what happens when stuff get's retconned and the game play changes to cater to a wider audience. No, I really would rather use up my time doing other stuff, but I'm essentially forced to.
Who said it was being changed to accommodate a wider audience? They might just be fixing some annoying glitches or adding features like driving Wraiths.
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Age : 20
Location : California
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Halo CE Remake coming this November - Page 3 Empty Re: Halo CE Remake coming this November

Post by Ringleader on Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:59 pm

JumpingJet wrote:I dont know whether to flay these guys or fuck them...
Gee, I don't know JJ, how about neither?

Would you be capable of doing either of those to 'these guys'?

Who said it was being changed to accommodate a wider audience? They might just be fixing some annoying glitches or adding features like driving Wraiths.
Annoying glitches such as?

It's not like Halo 2, 3, ODST, and Reach were released on the Halo CE engine, so it's not like these glitches were fixed in the same game as much as more were introduced in the other games.

Don't updates fix glitches, and not new introductions to the series on their own engines?

Adding armor lock, and sprint and stuff like that is essentially reaching out to a wider audience. Shiny features and what not.
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Age : 27
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Halo CE Remake coming this November - Page 3 Empty Re: Halo CE Remake coming this November

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum