Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Masturbation - A Bad Habit?

+19
BBJynne
Gold Spartan
Gauz
CivBase
Ryan
A_Bearded_Swede
Carlos Spicyweiner
Jamiesway
Toaster
Ukurse
Rotaretilbo
Angatar
RX
R!zZle BiZzl£
Nocbl2
TNine
Dud Doodoo
MrX
Maeve
23 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Is masturbation a bad habit?

Masturbation - A Bad Habit? - Page 2 Vote_lcap27%Masturbation - A Bad Habit? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 27% 
[ 7 ]
Masturbation - A Bad Habit? - Page 2 Vote_lcap58%Masturbation - A Bad Habit? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 58% 
[ 15 ]
Masturbation - A Bad Habit? - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%Masturbation - A Bad Habit? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
Masturbation - A Bad Habit? - Page 2 Vote_lcap11%Masturbation - A Bad Habit? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 26

Masturbation - A Bad Habit? - Page 2 Empty Re: Masturbation - A Bad Habit?

Post by Ukurse Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:32 am

Well, considering it supposedly relieves sexual tension between one person and another, and additionally has no risk of impregnating anyone, I think there is no problem with it.
If you want to, go crazy.

EDIT: Well, personally, I don't simply because I don't have 45 minutes in a day to spare.
Ukurse
Ukurse
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1441
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:37 am

Rot wrote:I consider it a bad habit, because masturbation almost always goes hand in hand with immoral thoughts and lust and the like. If you can masturbate without fantasizing about sex, then good for you. Otherwise, it's probably a bad habit.

What's immoral? Fantasizing about sex? What's immoral about engaging in a mutually pleasurable activity? You know, Onan got himself struck down because he pulled out when he was having sex with his dead brother's wife.... not because he had lustful thoughts.

Rotaretilbo wrote:
Considering that I am an outspoken proponent of abstanence and the like, no. Lust is wrong because it is essentially is a form of infidelity, but if you lust for your spouse, no infidelity involved.

Infidelity? That could only be vaguely true if a man was in a relationship and masturbating to another woman's image. What if a man isn't in any sort of relationship? Is he being disloyal to his pre-determined sole mate or something? If so, then how can you say that it's alright to lust for your spouse? What if your spouse isn't the person you were pre-determined to be with?

No, masturbation is a way of pleasuring one's self, and there really isn't any reason to make it into anything else. Just like anything else of the sort, it should be done in moderation. That's about it.

dud wrote:Frequent stimulation could theoretically strengthen neural connections within the genital ganglia as well as between it and the brain. In other words, a frequent masturbator might find that their dick/pussy has increasingly more and more influence over their decisions.

A ganglia is basically a neural network away from the brain that can operate autonomously. It is theoretically possible for one of them (the genital one for example) to have connections so strong that it has control over the brain instead of the other way around.

See, you've told me this before, and I still don't buy it. It seems to me that frequent masturbation would have exactly the opposite effect. You would become desensitized to it, and while it might become routine (and perhaps harder to avoid) it would eventually become less and less appealing. I think I've experienced that to some degree.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamiesway Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:26 am

Yall are so little liers. you know its a habit. if it wasnt a habit you could of won that "can you not jack it for a year" contest in January. you all lost that month so stop lyingg to your selves XDD
Jamiesway
Jamiesway
Crimson Chick

Female Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:22 am

I won.
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Carlos Spicyweiner Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:45 am

I do it to relieve stress. That's the only way that I think it's good. Otherwise it's unneeded.
Carlos Spicyweiner
Carlos Spicyweiner
Minion

Male Number of posts : 803
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by MrX Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:42 am

Rotaretilbo wrote:
Nocbl2 wrote:Rot, I agree with you on it leading to immoral thoughts and the like. But even so, wouldn't sex then lead to the same ends?

Considering that I am an outspoken proponent of abstanence and the like, no. Lust is wrong because it is essentially is a form of infidelity, but if you lust for your spouse, no infidelity involved.

someone has been bible brainwashed... OR cant get it up ;)
MrX
MrX
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3080
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Maeve Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:30 am

See, the way I see it is if it has become a problem in your life and you just can't stop, such as, masturbating non-stop for the whole day, then it's a problem and you need to stop. But if it's like once a day and it's because you were just with your BF/GF or you just need a release, then it's not a bad thing. It's normal.
Maeve
Maeve
Crimson Chick

Female Number of posts : 588
Registration date : 2010-04-13

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:57 am

ReconToaster wrote:
Rot wrote:I consider it a bad habit, because masturbation almost always goes hand in hand with immoral thoughts and lust and the like. If you can masturbate without fantasizing about sex, then good for you. Otherwise, it's probably a bad habit.

What's immoral? Fantasizing about sex? What's immoral about engaging in a mutually pleasurable activity? You know, Onan got himself struck down because he pulled out when he was having sex with his dead brother's wife.... not because he had lustful thoughts.

Rotaretilbo wrote:

Infidelity? That could only be vaguely true if a man was in a relationship and masturbating to another woman's image. What if a man isn't in any sort of relationship? Is he being disloyal to his pre-determined sole mate or something? If so, then how can you say that it's alright to lust for your spouse? What if your spouse isn't the person you were pre-determined to be with?

No, masturbation is a way of pleasuring one's self, and there really isn't any reason to make it into anything else. Just like anything else of the sort, it should be done in moderation. That's about it.

dud wrote:Frequent stimulation could theoretically strengthen neural connections within the genital ganglia as well as between it and the brain. In other words, a frequent masturbator might find that their dick/pussy has increasingly more and more influence over their decisions.

A ganglia is basically a neural network away from the brain that can operate autonomously. It is theoretically possible for one of them (the genital one for example) to have connections so strong that it has control over the brain instead of the other way around.

See, you've told me this before, and I still don't buy it. It seems to me that frequent masturbation would have exactly the opposite effect. You would become desensitized to it, and while it might become routine (and perhaps harder to avoid) it would eventually become less and less appealing. I think I've experienced that to some degree.
That's because Rot and Dud are Christian. You are not...
The Pariah wrote:
Rotaretilbo wrote:
Nocbl2 wrote:Rot, I agree with you on it leading to immoral thoughts and the like. But even so, wouldn't sex then lead to the same ends?

someone has been bible brainwashed... OR cant get it up ;)
If i recall correctly, Rot chose to be Christian and then convinced his parents.
TNine
TNine
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1200
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:20 pm

ReconToaster wrote:What's immoral? Fantasizing about sex? What's immoral about engaging in a mutually pleasurable activity?

Sex itself isn't immoral: it's who you're having sex with. I believe that sex is something sepcial that creates a unique bond between two individuals, and that it should be reserved for your spouse. When you lust after anyone else, you are essentially being unfaithful to aforementioned spouse.

ReconToaster wrote:You know, Onan got himself struck down because he pulled out when he was having sex with his dead brother's wife.... not because he had lustful thoughts.

Onan was struck down because his duty as a brother was to give his late brother an heir, not fuck his brother's wife for fun.

ReconToaster wrote:Infidelity? That could only be vaguely true if a man was in a relationship and masturbating to another woman's image. What if a man isn't in any sort of relationship? Is he being disloyal to his pre-determined sole mate or something? If so, then how can you say that it's alright to lust for your spouse? What if your spouse isn't the person you were pre-determined to be with?

If you aren't in a relationship, you are being unfaithful to whoever you eventually will be with, since you aren't in a relationship with whoever you're fantasizing about. that's why you're supposed to wait until marriage: marriage is supposed to be permanent, and so there shouldn't be anyone else down the line for you.

ReconToaster wrote:No, masturbation is a way of pleasuring one's self, and there really isn't any reason to make it into anything else. Just like anything else of the sort, it should be done in moderation. That's about it.

Some day, society will move beyond the mantra that anything that feels nice is ok. We'll see a drop in lung cancer, car crashes, accidental deaths, suicides, sexually transmitted diseases, and many other plagues upon our world.

The Pariah wrote:someone has been bible brainwashed... OR cant get it up ;)

Someone else is a selfish little twat whose only means of feeling adequate about himself is interjecting otherwise completely useless insults into discussion on the Internet.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4541
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Bearded_Swede Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:36 pm

i like the "Something about Mary" reason to masturbate.

it gets your mind off sex when you're talking to girls.

=P
A_Bearded_Swede
A_Bearded_Swede
Crimson Chef

Male Number of posts : 1743

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:03 pm

Rot wrote:Onan was struck down because his duty as a brother was to give his late brother an heir, not fuck his brother's wife for fun.

Right.... because he pulled out instead of going all the way.

Rot wrote:If you aren't in a relationship, you are being unfaithful to whoever you eventually will be with, since you aren't in a relationship with whoever you're fantasizing about. that's why you're supposed to wait until marriage: marriage is supposed to be permanent, and so there shouldn't be anyone else down the line for you.

But why is that unfaithful? I don't think many women would call their husbands unfaithful for jacking off when they were 13. It's a natural behavior which allows for sexual release.

Furthermore, why place marriage at the center of all of this? Marriage is, more than anything else, a legal union. Divorce rates alone should tell you that it has very little to do with the promise that you will stay with your spouse for the rest of your life.

That promise occurs outside of any legal documentation, or religious ceremony. That promise occurs between two people who truly love each other, and it's hardly ever a direct result of marriage.

Oversimplification seems to be a theme in Christian ideology. Love and commitment can be easily identified by the instance of marriage. Human life is deemed sacred from the moment of conception. It's a terribly naive way to look at the world.

Marriage is a product of society, not religion. Marriage no longer means the same thing to society, so your religion should really try and come up with a better definition of love.

Rot wrote:Some day, society will move beyond the mantra that anything that feels nice is ok. We'll see a drop in lung cancer, car crashes, accidental deaths, suicides, sexually transmitted diseases, and many other plagues upon our world.

And what mantra would you prefer? "Anything that feels nice is a sin?"

The difference here is that, when it comes to masturbation, it feels nice, and as long as it is practiced in moderation, has no negative consequences.

Stop being so stuffy and uptight. It's really not that big of a deal...

Tnine wrote:That's because Rot and Dud are Christian. You are not...

Dud wasn't arguing on a moral basis. As for Rot, a person should not base their morals on something so tangible as religion. A person should develop his or her own moral ideologies based on his or her own experiences. Your morals should be based on what you feel is right... not based on what some sort of authority tells you to believe.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by MrX Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:43 pm

"selfish little twat" just because im atheist and dont believe in abstinence doesnt make me selfish at all Smile silly "little twat"

and the last comment was a joke (get a sense of humor)
MrX
MrX
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:31 pm

I was more talking about your general behavior on the site.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4541
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dud Doodoo Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:54 pm

And now the once tame discussion degenerates into personal insults.

Dud Doodoo
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1528
Registration date : 2008-06-29

http://www.moddb.com/mods/broken-arrow-the-world-in-conflict-vie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:04 pm

Ryan
Minion

Male Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:20 pm

Dud Doodoo wrote:And now the once tame discussion degenerates into personal insults.
Seems to be unavoidable... though TCF tends to prolong useful discussion much further than most other places.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ukurse Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:38 am

Rotaretilbo wrote:I was more talking about your general behavior on the site.
Oh, thank you.

Also, apparently 95% of men and 71% of woman admit to masturbating at some point in their life (Note that that is different to doing it on a regular basis, And additionally that is only those who confessed.)

Also something I found interesting was that most people who actually know what they are talking about, encourage it (Well, that is only what I have found, it is not a statistic or anything.)
Ukurse
Ukurse
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1441
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by MrX Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:06 am

im sorry if my free will offends you sir Sad hopefully you can find it deep in your heart to forgive me

no but seriously its the internet and il say what i want its called freedom of speech so dont be a nazi
MrX
MrX
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:35 pm

The Pariah wrote:

im sorry if my free will offends you sir Sad hopefully you can find it deep in your heart to forgive me

no but seriously its the internet and il say what i want its called freedom of speech so dont be a nazi
Doesn't make you any less of a twat. You can say what you want, you're still a twat for it.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by MrX Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:56 pm

Gauz wrote:
The Pariah wrote:

Doesn't make you any less of a twat. You can say what you want, you're still a twat for it.

yes but in my opinion your a twat and so is rot so to be totaly honest i dont give two shits what you think
MrX
MrX
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:08 pm

The Pariah wrote:
Gauz wrote:
The Pariah wrote:

yes but in my opinion you're a twat and so is rot so to be totaly honest i dont give two shits what you think
and so why in the hell would you think I care?
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by MrX Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:20 pm

the fact you got involved ;)
MrX
MrX
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Maeve Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:37 pm

Oh boy....you guys love eachother don't you? I love seeing all this bromance =P

Anyways...getting back on topic lol

What do you guys think is too much masturbation in one day? Has anyone ever masturbated with friends? What are your thoughts on mutual masturbation?
Maeve
Maeve
Crimson Chick

Female Number of posts : 588
Registration date : 2010-04-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Dud Doodoo Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:47 pm

...I certainly hope that no one here has masturbated with someone in the room...

If you mean over the internet for a long distance relationship or something, than I suppose it's a viable substitute.

Dud Doodoo
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1528
Registration date : 2008-06-29

http://www.moddb.com/mods/broken-arrow-the-world-in-conflict-vie

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:37 pm

Dud Doodoo wrote:...I certainly hope that no one here has masturbated with someone in the room...

Eh, I can certainly understand having to do it discretely. Razz

Anyway, mutual masturbation is apparently quite common with people... and that includes 2 people of the same sex...

I guess I understand why people do it. It typically occurs with younger people/kids who are curious and such. It doesn't make a person gay... but I'd certainly be very uncomfortable with it.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum