Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New APB trailer shows a ton of In-game footage

+7
Ziggy
PiEdude
Rotaretilbo
CivBase
Gauz
KristallNacht
Toaster
11 posters

Go down

New APB trailer shows a ton of In-game footage Empty New APB trailer shows a ton of In-game footage

Post by Toaster Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:36 am

embedding is probably disabled...

I'm so excited for this game. It's also nice to see character models with clothing that isn't so... punk/grungy.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

New APB trailer shows a ton of In-game footage Empty Re: New APB trailer shows a ton of In-game footage

Post by KristallNacht Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:00 pm

i want to be a black cop
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

New APB trailer shows a ton of In-game footage Empty Re: New APB trailer shows a ton of In-game footage

Post by Gauz Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:09 pm

That looks cool, but....

what system is it on again?

360? Well if thats the case, do you really think there will be that many people playing it, I atleast hope there will be one full world.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:15 pm

its pc only
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:22 pm

Gauz wrote:360? Well if thats the case, do you really think there will be that many people playing it, I atleast hope there will be one full world.
lmao, you're funny.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:31 pm

Wow, actually looks like quite a fun game.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4541
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:56 am

KristallNacht wrote:i want to be a black cop

lol @ oxymoron.

Well the game looks good, but I'll prolly never get to play it.

My parents'll say it's just GTA online (which it basically is) and that I can't get it because of the sex/drugs part of it.

I don't really blame them, but still, it'd be nice to play it.
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Ziggy Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:18 am

This looks amazing.
Ziggy
Ziggy
Minion

Male Number of posts : 366
Registration date : 2009-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:33 pm

PiEman wrote:

lol @ oxymoron.

My parents'll say it's just GTA online (which it basically is) and that I can't get it because of the sex/drugs part of it.

except you can be a cop and kill all the sex/drugs

and way to go for pussy parents that can't handle the real world. were you allowed to play mass effect?
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Elabajaba Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:12 pm

Just wondering if there will be some sort of monthly fee, or is it free to play.

Elabajaba
Crimson Epileptic

Male Number of posts : 1114
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:30 pm

KristallNacht wrote:
PiEman wrote:

lol @ oxymoron.

except you can be a cop and kill all the sex/drugs

and way to go for pussy parents that can't handle the real world. were you allowed to play mass effect?

Yeah they got me Mass Effect for christmas of '07 and I played it.
I never got the Paramour achievement on purpose, mostly because I made a deal with God (or maybe Satan, whichever one it is that speaks to you after you slaughter a goat and use its blood as war paint) that if I didn't do it they wouldn't find out about it.
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolverfrog49 Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:26 pm

I've never been one for GTA esque games.
Wolverfrog49
Wolverfrog49
Minion

Male Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:17 pm

Elabajaba wrote:Just wondering if there will be some sort of monthly fee, or is it free to play.

They haven't announced a pricing structure, but they have said that it won't be a standard monthly fee.

It will probably be free online play with in-game stuff that you can pay for.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:16 pm

Wolverfrog49 wrote:I've never been one for GTA esque games.

GTA has AMAZING story telling. I'm ever impressed by the level of depth Rockstar gives all the characters.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Dud Doodoo Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:34 pm

KristallNacht wrote:
Wolverfrog49 wrote:I've never been one for GTA esque games.

GTA has AMAZING story telling. I'm ever impressed by the level of depth Rockstar gives all the characters.
Your point? He doesn't like it and neither do I, are you really going to attempt to debate it?

Dud Doodoo
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1528
Registration date : 2008-06-29

http://www.moddb.com/mods/broken-arrow-the-world-in-conflict-vie

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:53 pm

Dud Doodoo wrote:
Your point? He doesn't like it and neither do I, are you really going to attempt to debate it?

I think his point was to say that he likes Grand Theft Auto... I didn't see any aggressiveness at all.

Anyways, the only thing that really makes this similar to GTA is that it's an open world game with police chases, except in this case, the cops are real people.

While I'm a HUGE fan of the story-telling in GTA IV, this game will not have any of that, as it is somewhat of an MMO.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:10 pm

Dud Doodoo wrote:

My point was that GTA-esque games are NOT GTA at all.

GTA stands out for serious story telling capability.

People that don't really play GTA talk about just the sex drugs and unfocused gameplay. But that's not where GTA shines. GTA has the best storytelling I've found in pretty much any game, except maybe mass effect (but ME only beats it for having control over aspects of the dialog, even if most of it doesn't matter)
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:18 pm

KristallNacht wrote:

People that don't really play GTA talk about just the sex drugs and unfocused gameplay. But that's not where GTA shines. GTA has the best storytelling I've found in pretty much any game, except maybe mass effect (but ME only beats it for having control over aspects of the dialog, even if most of it doesn't matter)

The most common complaint I've heard people use about GTA games is that "just running over people and killing cops gets old really fast."

The problem is that people don't take the games seriously, and don't seem to understand that the missions and the underlying stories are great. Instead, they ignore most of the design of the game, fuck around for a while, and come out of it thinking of it as a dull, shallow experience.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:01 pm

I don't know. Hijacking nice cars and trying to get them, intact, to a safe garage, was really challenging and fun, for me. Razz
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:05 pm

When you have the opportunity to do everything you've always wanted to do without consequence (somewhat), I don't think they care so much about story. Its awesome sandbox styleness overshadows the great story.

Honestly, I played the story but didn't know any more than I did in the end than I did in the beggining, because I was busy getting headshots on SWAT teams Razz
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:08 pm

Yeah, I really enjoy starting cop chases and running people over too. It just bother me when people who don't give other aspects of the game a try complain that it gets boring.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:26 pm

I found ways to glitch all the way through GTA 3... which I have probably logged about 200 hours on before even starting the campeign.

GTA 4 is not as fun IMO... I still occationally play GTA 3 for fun tho
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3965
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:38 pm

Viva la Vice City!
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down