Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Halo 3: ODST Countdown

+11
Dud Doodoo
Ukurse
JB
Gauz
Ascendant Justice
Angatar
Elabajaba
MrX
Divine Virus
Felix
CivBase
15 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Halo 3: ODST Countdown - Page 2 Empty Re: Halo 3: ODST Countdown

Post by A_Bearded_Swede Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:50 pm

4 MORE DAYS WHOO!

OH BTW.

Most of these ODST threads will probably get deleted/merged once the game comes out.
;)
A_Bearded_Swede
A_Bearded_Swede
Crimson Chef

Male Number of posts : 1743
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:55 pm

Delete them or merge them now.
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Dud Doodoo Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:21 pm

No.

Dud Doodoo
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1528
Registration date : 2008-06-29

http://www.moddb.com/mods/broken-arrow-the-world-in-conflict-vie

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:16 pm

Ang, you are extremely stubborn, aren't you? Several of us have outlined several times why such actions should not be taken, yet you continue to act like an ignorant two year old who keeps begging his parents for the lighter on top of the counter.

At this rate, the most likely mod action that will be taken is not the merging/deletion of the ODST thread, but your own banning.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:29 am

CivBase wrote:Ang, you are extremely stubborn, aren't you? Several of us have outlined several times why such actions should not be taken, yet you continue to act like an ignorant two year old who keeps begging his parents for the lighter on top of the counter.

At this rate, the most likely mod action that will be taken is not the merging/deletion of the ODST thread, but your own banning.
Your argument is that this is a Halo-based forum. It is not, so your point is invalid.

You also argue that ODST is big, and deserves this. Modern Warfare 2 and Mass Effect 2 are bigger, yet you don't see seven threads on them.

There is a thread for each video, which is unnecesary considering the videos were released days after each other. If it was a few months, sure I'd let it go, but there are days between each thread.

Look at what happened last time something like this happened: Wesnoth, trashed. Halo Wars Forum, trashed. Kislany, trashed.

Do you see a trend?
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:35 am

Angatar wrote:Your argument is that this is a Halo-based forum. It is not, so your point is invalid.
Why did you join this forum? How did you find it?

Your point is invalid.

Angatar wrote:You also argue that ODST is big, and deserves this. Modern Warfare 2 and Mass Effect 2 are bigger, yet you don't see seven threads on them.
They don't come out in four days!

Angatar wrote:There is a thread for each video, which is unnecesary considering the videos were released days after each other. If it was a few months, sure I'd let it go, but there are days between each thread.
There are tons of videos! There are two threads for two of the three ViDocs, and two for the Live Action film. They may have been unnecessary, but they died within a week of being posted. Forums have a habbit of cleaning themselves up. No need to deleted a thread with some good information and posts, or mess it up, just because you scroll to the bottom of the forum and see an ODST thread.

Angatar wrote:Look at what happened last time something like this happened: Wesnoth, trashed. Halo Wars Forum, trashed. Kislany, trashed.
There was never a Halo Wars forum, it was a Halo-verse forum. It was not trashed, it was merged into the Video Games forum due to inactivity (merging forums and threads are two entirely different things).

Wesnoth was a pretty big thing for a while. Nobody had a problem with it.

And Kislany... there were two threads about her!

Angatar wrote:Do you see a trend?
Yah, you have bad arguments.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:14 pm

Well, I preordered it today, I hope I get the bonus thing with Johnson, even though I probably wont play as Sergeant Johnson.
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:54 pm

I will remember this, you stubborn asshole, when I new information on both are released.
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:32 pm

yeah...
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:10 pm

Angatar wrote:I will remember this, you stubborn asshole, when I new information on both are released.
Now say it again, but in English.

Oh, and stubborn doesn't apply to someone who is right. I am more than willing to side with you on some points, like merging some of the video threads, or a more organized master thread, but I certainly don't want all this info to be deleted or scrambled, and nobody is willing to do any of the above.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:23 pm

CivBase wrote:
Angatar wrote:I will remember this, you stubborn asshole, when I new information on both are released.

Oh, and stubborn doesn't apply to someone who is right. I am more than willing to side with you on some points, like merging some of the video threads, or a more organized master thread, but I certainly don't want all this info to be deleted or scrambled, and nobody is willing to do any of the above.
Or Lord Pheonix wants us to argue. He's been on multiple times, I've seen him on multiple times. You have been unwilling to yield before I called you stubborn, and you're an asshole because you're trolling and spamming. Hence, me calling you a stubborn asshole.
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:30 pm

I'm stubborn because I'm unwilling to yield? I have presented valid arguments that you have no counter to. THERE'S NO REASON FOR ME TO YIELD!

As for being a jerk, I made this thread. That's all the spam I have done. Meanwhile, you and AJ have walked into every single Halo thread for the past week and hijacked them, turning them into a fight over whether they should be deleted or not. BUT... because you can't win the fight, you just keep repeating over and over that you want them to be deleted.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:54 pm

CivBase wrote:I'm stubborn because I'm unwilling to yield? I have presented valid arguments that you have no counter to. THERE'S NO REASON FOR ME TO YIELD!

As for being a jerk, I made this thread. That's all the spam I have done. Meanwhile, you and AJ have walked into every single Halo thread for the past week and hijacked them, turning them into a fight over whether they should be deleted or not. BUT... because you can't win the fight, you just keep repeating over and over that you want them to be deleted.
Your only reason is that the game comes out in 3 days. Lot's of games come out in three days, but there aren't a 10 threads on them. Your argument is invalid, and saying we all came together because of Halo is lies. Not all of us came here because of Halo, and this website was started for Ogame, not Halo anyway.

My argument is as follows: Halo 3 ODST is not worth all the threads, I do not care how big it is. I love to play Halo 3, and a more realistic game would be amazing fun, but it does not deserve this many threads. All the threads should be merged. The Firefight thread is iffy- it does have a lot of information but if spoiler tags will hold it, it should be too.
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:52 pm

Please tell me, why the fuck does it matter and why does it bother you so much?

You obviously don't want them merged, because if you continue to argue, they'll get locked instead of merged. Honestly, I feel like i'm surrounded by idiots who contradict themselves all the time.

oh wait..
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:00 am

Gauz wrote:Please tell me, why the fuck does it matter and why does it bother you so much?

You obviously don't want them merged, because if you continue to argue, they'll get locked instead of merged. Honestly, I feel like i'm surrounded by idiots who contradict themselves all the time.

oh wait..
You think that by calling both sides idiots is going to make less arguing? No! It's going to add more, because now you just opened up a third way.

When don't just look around you for the idiots who contradict themselves, go look into a mirror.
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:32 am

How am I contradicting myself? I'm not trying to stop the argument, i'm just asking why YOU have to be a dumb ass and give a shit about these threads. If they piss you off so much THEN DON'T GO IN THEM! This is LP's forum, so far, LP hasn't taken any action, meaning he doesn't give a flying fuck as to how many threads about this topic there are. Neither should you
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:06 am

Gauz wrote:How am I contradicting myself? I'm not trying to stop the argument, i'm just asking why YOU have to be a dumb ass and give a shit about these threads. If they piss you off so much THEN DON'T GO IN THEM! This is LP's forum, so far, LP hasn't taken any action, meaning he doesn't give a flying fuck as to how many threads about this topic there are. Neither should you
Whining about me whining. That's a contradiction.

Also, by making everyone not care, you stop the argument, so you are trying to stop it.

Good job.
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:21 am

Angatar wrote:
CivBase wrote:I'm stubborn because I'm unwilling to yield? I have presented valid arguments that you have no counter to. THERE'S NO REASON FOR ME TO YIELD!

Your only reason is that the game comes out in 3 days. Lot's of games come out in three days, but there aren't a 10 threads on them.
My argument is also that this forum is founded around the Halo series. If a new Halo game is coming out in three days, of course there will be a few threads on them. But... wait.... THERE'S ONLY TWO! The rest have died. How many times must I point this out to you!?

THIS is why you're stubborn.

Angatar wrote:Your argument is invalid, and saying we all came together because of Halo is lies. Not all of us came here because of Halo, and this website was started for Ogame, not Halo anyway.
You have no idea, do you?

How do you think all these people met? Huh? It sure as hell wasn't while playing Ogame. They all met on either BLS or HWF, both Halo-oriented forums. Ogame was just a clan that started using members from BLS, and later HWF. Eventually the clan was disbanded and the forum became just a safe-haven for people from HWF (at this point, the forum IS Halo-oriented). However, not long after Halo Wars came out, discussion on Halo grew to a halt and LP decided to merge the inactive Halo-verse forum with the Video Games forum. And so... here we are. While the forum is not oriented around Halo, every member came to this site because of Halo, the only game that has managed to get its own forum.

Angatar wrote:My argument is as follows: Halo 3 ODST is not worth all the threads, I do not care how big it is.
There are only two active ODST threads right now, one of which is because you wont drop this argument in the countdown thread. That leaves JUST ONE.

Angatar wrote:I love to play Halo 3, and a more realistic game would be amazing fun, but it does not deserve this many threads.
I have explained time and time again why it does. Everyone else has explained why it doesn't matter. But, you don't care, all you want to do is argue.

Angatar wrote:All the threads should be merged.
Wow... if you're going to act this stupid, then I'm dropping this debate after this quote.

Angatar wrote:The Firefight thread is iffy- it does have a lot of information but if spoiler tags will hold it, it should be too.
They also screw up how it looks.

But WTF would you need spoiler tags for? The game hasn't even come out yet. If you see a picture of an ODST, that's a spoiler, so why would you read a thread designed to talk about a specific feature in the game? Just because some people are idiots doesn't mean everyone else has to suffer.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:32 am

Spoiler tags compress it so that it doesn't stretch the page, and all of that info would make the thread huge.
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:40 am

4 more days.

Then, people will be jumping off buildings in ODST suits thinking they can do an "orbital drop" in it.

So, look above you on tuesday.
Felix
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:07 pm

Angatar wrote:
CivBase wrote:

Or Lord Pheonix wants us to argue.

Or maybe im not reading the threads
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7574
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:08 pm

CivBase did it.
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Death no More Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:44 pm

Angatar wrote: you stubborn asshole,

Angatar wrote:CivBase did it.
Funny....
Death no More
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2178
Registration date : 2009-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:49 pm

In case you aren't all for playing through all the Halo games again before ODST comes out, you can just watch this:

Halo in Five Minutes
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:51 pm

You only need to play through Halo CE and the first few levels of Halo 2.
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next