Faveorite quote

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Faveorite quote - Page 2 Empty Re: Faveorite quote

Post by PiEdude on Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:12 am

NT, just end the argument the Marine way:
Rip his throat out and say "I'm sorry sir, did you say something?"

I'm Navy, and therefore have a natural rivalry with the Marines, but the Marines themselves are still part of the Navy whether they like it or not, and I'll take a Marine's side over a Soldiers any day.
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573
Age : 26
Location : In the middle of a hollowed crust.
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Faveorite quote - Page 2 Empty Re: Faveorite quote

Post by tiny tim on Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:56 am

Marines are soldiers Razz

tiny tim
Crimson Cripple

Male Number of posts : 1762
Registration date : 2009-03-01

Back to top Go down

Faveorite quote - Page 2 Empty Re: Faveorite quote

Post by Avenged on Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:32 am

DOUBLE KILL!!!!!

Avenged
Minion

Male Number of posts : 983
Age : 25
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Back to top Go down

Faveorite quote - Page 2 Empty Re: Faveorite quote

Post by KrAzY on Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:35 am

Robin: Gosh Batman, the nobility of the almost-human porpoise.
Batman: True, it was noble of that animal to hurl himself into the path of that final torpedo. He gave his life for ours.

"Batman, 1966"
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3965
Age : 30
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Faveorite quote - Page 2 Empty Re: Faveorite quote

Post by BBJynne on Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:26 am

"brains..."

BBJynne
The Lord's Blood Knight

Male Number of posts : 5059
Age : 27
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Faveorite quote - Page 2 Empty Re: Faveorite quote

Post by PiEdude on Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:11 am

tiny tim wrote:Marines are soldiers Razz

Not Army soldiers.
You know what I meant.
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573
Age : 26
Location : In the middle of a hollowed crust.
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Faveorite quote - Page 2 Empty Re: Faveorite quote

Post by Gauz on Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:55 pm

NT, are all those quotes your faveorite?
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Faveorite quote - Page 2 Empty Re: Faveorite quote

Post by Jamiesway on Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:48 pm

obey me bitch
Jamiesway
Jamiesway
Crimson Chick

Female Number of posts : 461
Age : 24
Location : Little Africa, With alot of black people.
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Back to top Go down

Faveorite quote - Page 2 Empty Re: Faveorite quote

Post by KristallNacht on Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:56 pm

PiEman wrote:Marines themselves are still part of the Navy whether they like it or not

Yeah, the MENS department.



actually, the military leadership structure is separate between the USMC and the USN. Only the civilian leadership structure has the two as one.


and Army is for pussies. 8 weeks of basic training? wtf? their expert marksmanship is the Marines basic qualification. The Army also doesn't even have a proper dress uniform. And they're the bottom of the Armed Force hierarchy, even below the heavily female Air Force.

And I actually plan to be a Combat Helo Pilot after my 5 year stint as an avionics technician.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Location : San Diego, California
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Faveorite quote - Page 2 Empty Re: Faveorite quote

Post by tiny tim on Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:02 pm

What makes you think that the Army is the bottom of the hierarchy? I don't see the other branches having things like the rangers. The Marines have paratrooper certified units but no real paratrooper organization.

tiny tim
Crimson Cripple

Male Number of posts : 1762
Registration date : 2009-03-01

Back to top Go down

Faveorite quote - Page 2 Empty Re: Faveorite quote

Post by Ringleader on Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:05 pm

because they have power level
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Age : 27
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Faveorite quote - Page 2 Empty Re: Faveorite quote

Post by KristallNacht on Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:05 pm

tiny tim wrote:What makes you think that the Army is the bottom of the hierarchy? I don't see the other branches having things like the rangers. The Marines have paratrooper certified units but no real paratrooper organization.

the equivalent of the Rangers is Marine Recon.

but in reality, its more Army Rangers <= Marine Infantry

The Army is at the bottom of the hierarchy because of the standards they hold themselves to. They're generally unruly, and filthy.

While the Marines take pride in who they are and wish to represent their Corps in the best possible way.

Who is it on Military bases that raises the flags on a daily basis? Marines.

Hell, even the Navy SEALS work closer with Marines than they do with other USN personnel.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Location : San Diego, California
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Faveorite quote - Page 2 Empty Re: Faveorite quote

Post by Ringleader on Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:06 pm

he he, of course NT, of course
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Age : 27
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Faveorite quote - Page 2 Empty Re: Faveorite quote

Post by tiny tim on Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:12 pm

That's because the SEALS are just about the only ground force the USN has. Now, if we are going for 1-upsmanship.
Who is it that landed at the beaches of Normandy?
Who is it that dropped in behind enemy lines multiple times during WWII to defend villages like Bastogne that were under a heavy threat?
Who is it that fought at the battle of the Bulge?
And lastly, who is it that took over all of Germany that the Russians didn't?

I'll let you think of the answer to that for a while......


That's right, it was the United States Army.



EDIT: and don't you even try saying that the Marines would have done all of that and more within a few months.

tiny tim
Crimson Cripple

Male Number of posts : 1762
Registration date : 2009-03-01

Back to top Go down

Faveorite quote - Page 2 Empty Re: Faveorite quote

Post by KristallNacht on Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:16 pm

tiny tim wrote:
Who is it that landed at the beaches of Normandy?

Canadians....duh

lern2history



and the marines weren't there because they were busy kicking japanese ass and protecting the army in the pacific where beach landings were a FAR more important thing.


Last edited by KristallNacht on Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Location : San Diego, California
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Faveorite quote - Page 2 Empty Re: Faveorite quote

Post by PiEdude on Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:17 pm

KristallNacht wrote:
PiEman wrote:Marines themselves are still part of the Navy whether they like it or not

Yeah, the MENS department.
Like I said, whether you like it or not.



KristallNacht wrote:actually, the military leadership structure is separate between the USMC and the USN. Only the civilian leadership structure has the two as one.
Now this is why I said what I said.
They Marines like to think of themselvs as their own branch of the military, and for the most part, they operate that way.
But the head of both the Navy and Marine Corps controls both of them.

Don't fight it NT, the Navy is the sword of the U.S. Military, but the Marines are still at the tip.

KristallNacht wrote:and Army is for pussies. 8 weeks of basic training? wtf? their expert marksmanship is the Marines basic qualification. The Army also doesn't even have a proper dress uniform. And they're the bottom of the Armed Force hierarchy, even below the heavily female Air Force.
For the most part I agree with you here, but putting the Army below the Coast Guard?
Even I think that's a little too much.[/quote]

KristallNacht wrote:And I actually plan to be a Combat Helo Pilot after my 5 year stint as an avionics technician.
Jolly good then!
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573
Age : 26
Location : In the middle of a hollowed crust.
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Faveorite quote - Page 2 Empty Re: Faveorite quote

Post by KristallNacht on Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:18 pm

PiEman wrote:
For the most part I agree with you here, but putting the Army below the Coast Guard?

USCG isn't an Armed Force. It's a Uniformed Service.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Location : San Diego, California
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Faveorite quote - Page 2 Empty Re: Faveorite quote

Post by PiEdude on Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:19 pm

tiny tim wrote:That's because the SEALS are just about the only ground force the USN has. Now, if we are going for 1-upsmanship.
Who is it that landed at the beaches of Normandy?
Who is it that dropped in behind enemy lines multiple times during WWII to defend villages like Bastogne that were under a heavy threat?
Who is it that fought at the battle of the Bulge?
And lastly, who is it that took over all of Germany that the Russians didn't?

I'll let you think of the answer to that for a while......


That's right, it was the United States Army.



EDIT: and don't you even try saying that the Marines would have done all of that and more within a few months.

The Navy has more Ground forces than just the SEALS, they're just not as well known...

Anyway, the reason the Army was taking care of Europe was because most of the Marine Corps was already in the Pacific, and had been for years.

I believe the Army did about 3 (maybe more) sea-based invasions during WWII.
The Marines did dozens, if not over 100.
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573
Age : 26
Location : In the middle of a hollowed crust.
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Faveorite quote - Page 2 Empty Re: Faveorite quote

Post by tiny tim on Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:23 pm

But Normandy is the most famous of all beach landings in WWII. Followed closely by Iwo Jima but in that case the beach landing wasn't the main part of the ordeal it was the rest of the island.

tiny tim
Crimson Cripple

Male Number of posts : 1762
Registration date : 2009-03-01

Back to top Go down

Faveorite quote - Page 2 Empty Re: Faveorite quote

Post by PiEdude on Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:28 pm

tiny tim wrote:But Normandy is the most famous of all beach landings in WWII. Followed closely by Iwo Jima but in that case the beach landing wasn't the main part of the ordeal it was the rest of the island.

There's hardly any argument in this post at all.

The reason it's the most famous is because it's the largest, and the reason it had to be the largest, is because Europe is much larger than any one of the Japanese controlled Islands.
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573
Age : 26
Location : In the middle of a hollowed crust.
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Faveorite quote - Page 2 Empty Re: Faveorite quote

Post by KristallNacht on Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:44 pm

and it wasn't just the US Army
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Location : San Diego, California
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Faveorite quote - Page 2 Empty Re: Faveorite quote

Post by Toaster on Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:22 pm

PiEman wrote:

The Navy has more Ground forces than just the SEALS, they're just not as well known...

Anyway, the reason the Army was taking care of Europe was because most of the Marine Corps was already in the Pacific, and had been for years.

I believe the Army did about 3 (maybe more) sea-based invasions during WWII.
The Marines did dozens, if not over 100.

Isn't that kind of the point of the marines though? Isn't that why they're called 'marines?'

Because they're main purpose is to cooperate with the navy and work as an invading force?
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Age : 26
Location : Ohio
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Faveorite quote - Page 2 Empty Re: Faveorite quote

Post by PiEdude on Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:25 pm

ReconToaster wrote:
PiEman wrote:

The Navy has more Ground forces than just the SEALS, they're just not as well known...

Anyway, the reason the Army was taking care of Europe was because most of the Marine Corps was already in the Pacific, and had been for years.

I believe the Army did about 3 (maybe more) sea-based invasions during WWII.
The Marines did dozens, if not over 100.

Isn't that kind of the point of the marines though? Isn't that why they're called 'marines?'

Because they're main purpose is to cooperate with the navy and work as an invading force?

As I said, most of the Corps was in the Pacific, which was a more fitting place for them.

There really wasn't an unlimited amount of Marines.
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573
Age : 26
Location : In the middle of a hollowed crust.
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Faveorite quote - Page 2 Empty Re: Faveorite quote

Post by tiny tim on Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:26 pm

Are you implying that there was an unlimited supply of Army soldiers?

tiny tim
Crimson Cripple

Male Number of posts : 1762
Registration date : 2009-03-01

Back to top Go down

Faveorite quote - Page 2 Empty Re: Faveorite quote

Post by PiEdude on Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:27 pm

No, I'm implying that there were more.
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573
Age : 26
Location : In the middle of a hollowed crust.
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Faveorite quote - Page 2 Empty Re: Faveorite quote

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum