Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

September Air

2 posters

Go down

September Air Empty September Air

Post by PiEdude Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:34 am

Okay, my friend gave me the first two sentences to this (because I asked) and there will be no more parts, it's just a short story.

_____His head snapped to the left as he heard a twig snap. It was cold out for the middle of September and the chilly air made it hard to grasp his gun. He stood as still as he could, not making a move or a sound, watching, and listening to every little gust of wind, or distant rustle of leaves, for any hint of where the threat could be.
_____He slowly brought his gun to his hip, ignoring the protest from his almost cracking skin, and waited for the next clue to where his target may lie. The sound was so subtle it would’ve escaped a dog’s ears, but he caught the slightest hint of it tickling his ear drum: the slow retraction of the hammer on a firearm.
_____Without hesitation, he pulled the trigger, and held it down until the entire clip from his weapon was gone, screaming as he did so. The trees and forest floor came to life as they were lit up with the small burst of energy that each bullet released when it hit its mark. Then one explosion was red, then two, and he heard a loud scream and a thud.
_____He ejected the clip and loaded a new one, and ran to where the sound came from. The man lie there thrashing around, trying not to scream again. His gun had been dropped and was a few feet to his left, the other man kicked it away.
_____“Why do you do this to us? Why?” the man who still had his weapon asked, more to himself than the wounded one below him. He let his weapon aim to the ground, and slowly drifted the barrel up towards the other man’s head.
_____Without warning, the standing man felt a sharp, blunt jab to his ribs, and as his body reacted, the “wounded” man jumped to his feet. He grabbed the arm with the rifle in it, pulled it back, and hit him in the upper back near the point just below the shoulder.
_____The man dropped his gun, and the other man capitalized on this by tripping him, and stomping hard on the back of his neck. He then pulled out his side arm, and aimed.
_____“Why do we do this to you?” the man now holding the gun asked. He shook his head. “You’re asking the wrong questions, to the wrong man my friend.”
_____The cold September air froze and cracked the skin, but it did not hide the shot that added another man to the casualties of that war.
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

September Air Empty Re: September Air

Post by Death no More Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:25 am

Hmm very nice...
Death no More
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion