Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

third and final installment people plz read!!!

4 posters

Go down

third and final installment people plz read!!! Empty third and final installment people plz read!!!

Post by Ben Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:57 pm

I wish I could tell you what kept me going for the next several hours, into the next day,

but I don't know. We ran at a slow pace, maybe five miles per hour until daybreak, then a

little longer. Preston still shocked me, he hadn't uttered a single complaint. If any good

had come out of this, it was that it was kicking the pogey right out of him.

“Kale, I think we need some rest,” Chris told me. I couldn't agree more, but I didn't

want to be the first to say something. In retrospect I should have told them we needed

rest, because it was still my responsibility to look after them, I should have been more

responsible. All I felt was responsible for Alan's death. The only reason I hadn't broken

down completely is that I still had two men that would benefit none at all from self pity. I

didn't want to pick just any old place to stop, so we walked on for a little while more. A

short time later we came across a hotel that looked perfect for our needs.

“Okay, before we all go pass out, we need to secure this place, and make sure no

hostiles can get in,” I told them. They both silently nodded and went about carrying on

my orders. We figured that it would be a good idea to stay on this highest floor and

barricade every means up to the floor and then barricade the fire escape. We used mainly

furniture from the other rooms, but three hours of hard work left me satisfied that we

were somewhat safe. The last thing we blocked off was the kitchen, which before we did,

we raided. So with good food, security, and not much else, we headed up the elevator,

which was the only weak point. We put a couch in the open threshold though, as to stop

the door from closing so none of the infected could call the elevators down. When I

thought we were ready, we retired up to the room closest to the stairs to the roof, in

case the worst should have happened, and waited.

“We should definitely sleep in watches,” I noted. “Want me to go first?”

“Yeah Kale, sleep is all I need right now, thanks,” Preston said, placing his sidearm
on the window sill. Chris placed his M16 and extra ammunition on the floor next to the

bed, pulled a chair over for me, and then retired himself to one of the two beds in the

room. They both fell asleep near instantaneously, leaving me alone with my guilt. To my

great and pleasant surprise, the coffee maker in the room worked, so I made a pot and let

my friends sleep as I drank. All I could do with the several hours that I was meant to stay

up was think about how I'd killed Alan. I am ashamed to say that I took fifteen or so

minutes out of my watch, sat on the edge of the bathtub, and cried. It was the first time

I can remember weeping since I was a child and fell off of my bike. My father, merely

trying to stop me from screaming like any child would, told me that it was inappropriate to

cry, so I quit doing it. Since I hadn't cried in so long, I had a trouble regaining control of

myself, that was until I heard what had become an all too familiar squealing sound in the

distance. Without waking the others, I ran to the window and looked outside. Hundreds if

not thousands of the infected, somehow knew we were here. It was like not being

infected gave us a homing signal and they used it to zero in on us.

“Wake up! Nap time is over and we have plenty of work to do!” I yelled to the

other two. As if they were expecting it, which actually I think they were, they rose out of

bed quickly and grabbed their weapons.

“Son of a bitch, there is a shitload of them!” Chris yelled.

“Yeah, more than one!” Preston yelled back. He cursed and wished he'd still had

his SAW, but that was in the past. Chris took as many shots as he could, when facing a

force this large, he made sure to make every shot count. I also aimed out the window and

fired rounds into the massive crowd.

“This is no good, we have maybe one hundred rounds left? We have to run, it's the only option!”

Chris said. I knew he was right. We would have to leave and find a place to reload,

perhaps a gun store. Then we'd have to go to a place where I could sleep, a place we could fortify.

“You're right, up the stairs!” I yelled. I took one last glance at the crowd and

couldn't believe how many of them there were. Could we really be the only survivors in

San Diego? California? America? Earth? It was more visible now though, that on the face

of each of the rabid people, they were at some state of decomposition, almost like they

were dead. We ran out of the room and up the stairs to the roof. We made it up there,

but the only thing separating us from the dead, rabid, infected, psychotic, people were

the obstacles we set on the fire escape and in the building. I locked the door on the roof

which was at the end of the stairs. Then, we did all we could do at the time. We

conserved ammo and waited. I figured if they got through all the barricades inside and

tried to make it up to the roof, we could bottle neck them in the stairway which was very

narrow, then we would just let the bodies pile until they couldn't get through. I still had

my sidearm and many clips for it so I wasn't too worried. That was a lie. Even if we could

fight them in the hall, how would we get off the roof? The only way down was through the

fire escape and we need it to be blocked to survive. It looked like the end was near, or

was it? I looked around the edges of the roof, and saw that maybe ten feet away was the

roof of a condominium that with luck we could jump to and escape. I just prayed our

weary feet were up for it. I looked down while I was at the edge and saw that the infected were already inside the hotel, no way of knowing how close they were to

reaching us. No telling that is, until I heard pounding at the locked door at the bottom of the stairwell.

“Fuck are these guys the hulk or what? It took us hours to put that shit there!”

Chris yelled. He opened the door at the top and readied his rifle.

“Listen, guys! This shit is about to get real thick so let me make something clear.

If they start to get through, we have an out! We can jump ten feet and land on the roof

of the condo across the way there. But that is our resort if we can't hold, agreed?” I

didn't get to find out if they agreed because the infected busted through the door at the

bottom, and it was time to fight. Chris opened fire first. I ran to his position and started

shooting just after him, but Preston stayed behind us so that when one of us went to

reload, he would take our place until we finished. Chris was in some sort of zone, he

emptied the thirty round magazine in twenty seconds and sure enough, thirty infected lay

dead on the stairs. The living infected, if you could call them living, were practically

scrambling over each other to get to us. Chris backed away and Preston stepped forward

with his sidearm and also shot fourteen perfect rounds. I was firing short automatic

bursts, just to keep them at bay while the others did their thing, but I was having little

luck. Their momentum carried them forward up the stairs so Chris and Preston wound up

wasting bullets on the ones I was shooting anyway. At that, I reverted to semi automatic

fire and aiming for the head. In under five minutes, we had stacked up enough corpses to

fill every room on the top floor of the hotel and then some. I was down to using my

sidearm and Preston was out of the fight. Chris was also nearly out of the fight, emptying

the rounds from his last clip in his own sidearm. Then when he'd emptied it, he looked at me and said:

“Plan B?” I nodded and all three of us turned around and ran for the edge of the

roof. We had actually made it. We killed hundreds of infected and were going to live to

fight another day, a ten foot jump was nothing. Nothing was right, until we actually made

the leap. It seemed an eternity to do, but I looked down and saw a familiar blood soaked

tongue. It grabbed Chris by the ankle and pulled him down faster than he ever could have

fallen. He landed on the roof of a dark red Ford truck and broke his spine. There was no

way of knowing whether he'd survived and just couldn't defend himself, but I wish that

God was merciful and spared him from pain. The entirety of the trip must have taken its

toll on Preston because he nearly missed the jump, barely grabbing on to the edge of the

roof. I screwed my landing up because I looked down at Chris and didn't focus, so I

landed on my side, breaking my left shoulder. When I did on reflex, everything in my body

tensed up, every muscle. It was when I felt a tingling burning sensation in my left calf

that I realized I'd shot myself in the leg.

“KALE HELP ME!” Preston yelled. I could feel how afraid he was that the infected

with the long tongue was going to drag him down, so through my pain, I limped over to

him as fast as I could. I grabbed him by his collar with my right hand and pulled as hard as

possible, getting him up the ledge. Then I saw another roof of the same height, in the same direction.

“Preston, this is the last order you are ever going to receive from me. I want you

to jump over to the next roof and let me distract the infected so you can keep going. I've

got a broken shoulder and a gunshot to the leg, I can't go on." I handed him the clip to my

sidearm and the sidearm itself. He merely shook his head, with watery eyes and mouth open.

“Listen, you can actually make it out! You need to get out and make sure that

other survivors know what happened here! That the heroism expressed by the three of

ours fallen isn't forgotten! This, all this, it happened and I don't want to die knowing that

no one knows about it. I want you to brag about us you fucking pogey.” I knew my little

speech at the end of the order got to him and it gave him the conviction to continue

alone. I only prayed that he would make it. He shook my hand and placed his hand on my right shoulder.

“Semper fi,” he said to me.

“Semper fi.” With that farewell, he ran and this time made the jump and was out of

sight. It was then, at this moment, where I looked over the events leading up to the

moment. I reviewed everything in order that would lead up to when Death came knocking

on my door. He hadn't knocked yet, but he was standing on the welcome mat. It struck

me that Jim, was also technically a survivor of this mess. Unless the infected truly were

how they looked, which was dead. But I knew I didn't want to survive if that's what it

took to do it. I walked over to the ledge opposite that of where I knew the long tongued

infected was and looked down. Eighteen stories of down. I smiled, at the corner of my

mouth and shut my eyes. Before I jumped, a group of the infected actually broke through

the wall of dead bodies and jumped over to my roof. I couldn't believe my eyes when I

looked at who lead the charge. Alan Schmidt, who I'd felt so guilty over, who was most

certainly dead, was leading the attack that would kill me.

“It's my fault this happened, I'll take responsibility,” I said, opening my arms to my

lost brother. He ran to bite me, but I ducked slightly so he rolled me over and we both fell

off of the roof. The fall didn't take as long as the jump across the roof it seemed, I held

Alan's head down so it would make contact and kill this catastrophe that had happened to

his body and I. I was already gone. I was happy the last thing I did with my life was make

my only regret, somewhat OK. I loved to think I redeemed myself on the way down, but I

thought this only for a moment.......

The End.

Last edited by Zionmasterben on Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ben
Minion

Male Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-06-23

Back to top Go down

third and final installment people plz read!!! Empty Re: third and final installment people plz read!!!

Post by Lord Pheonix Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:32 pm

Wall of text needs to be taken down Eastern Berlin style
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7574
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

third and final installment people plz read!!! Empty Re: third and final installment people plz read!!!

Post by Death no More Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:10 pm

Lord Pheonix wrote:Wall of text needs to be taken down Eastern Berlin style
Zion makes double spaced paragraphs, and indent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! damn I hate text walls
Death no More
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2178
Registration date : 2009-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:22 pm

Death no more wrote:
Zion makes double spaced paragraphs, and indent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! damn I hate text walls
sorry i really tried to correct it when i typed it up in the third one.. im blaming the FF typing space and calling it a whore

Ben
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Death no More Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:30 pm

Zionmasterben wrote:
Death no more wrote:
sorry i really tried to correct it when i typed it up in the third one.. im blaming the FF typing space and calling it a whore
Make

your

paragraphs

this

or

i

will

fucking

shoot

you
Death no More
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:32 pm

Death no more wrote:
Zionmasterben wrote:
Death no more wrote:
Make

your

paragraphs

this

or

i

will

fucking

shoot

you
I

Do

Not

Want

To

Get

Shot

So

Don't

Shoot

Me

And

Give

Me

Your

Opinion

Of

The

FF

Pretty

Please?

Ben
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Death no More Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:35 pm

Zionmasterben wrote:
Death no more wrote:
Zionmasterben wrote:
Death no more wrote:
Make

your

paragraphs

this

or

i

will

fucking

shoot

you
I

Do

Not

Want

To

Get

Shot

So

Don't

Shoot

Me

And

Give

Me

Your

Opinion

Of

The

FF

Pretty

Please?
*shoots Ben in the foot*
Fix

the

FF

then

ill

read

it
Death no More
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:40 pm

Death no more wrote:
Zionmasterben wrote:
Death no more wrote:
Zionmasterben wrote:
Death no more wrote:
Make

your

paragraphs

this

or

i

will

fucking

shoot

you
I

Do

Not

Want

To

Get

Shot

So

Don't

Shoot

Me

And

Give

Me

Your

Opinion

Of

The

FF

Pretty

Please?
*shoots Ben in the foot*
Fix

the

FF

then

ill

read

it
*curses the birth of your mother*

you

are

lucky

that

i

am

in

great

need

of

opinions

lolZ

Ben
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:08 pm

Zionmasterben wrote:
Death no more wrote:
Zionmasterben wrote:
Death no more wrote:
Zionmasterben wrote:
Death no more wrote:
Make

your

paragraphs

this

or

i

will

fucking

shoot

you
I

Do

Not

Want

To

Get

Shot

So

Don't

Shoot

Me

And

Give

Me

Your

Opinion

Of

The

FF

Pretty

Please?
*shoots Ben in the foot*
Fix

the

FF

then

ill

read

it
*curses the birth of your mother*

you

are

lucky

that

i

am

in

great

need

of

opinions

lolZ

DONE

Ben
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Death no More Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:45 am

OH MY FUCKING GOD! Doh let me show you before i rip your legs off Razz

I wish I could tell you what kept me going for the next several hours, into the next day, but I don't know. We ran at a slow pace, maybe five miles per hour until daybreak, then a little longer. Preston still shocked me, he hadn't uttered a single complaint. If any good had come out of this, it was that it was kicking the pogey right out of him.

“Kale, I think we need some rest,” Chris told me. I couldn't agree more, but I didn't want to be the first to say something. In retrospect I should have told them we needed rest, because it was still my responsibility to look after them, I should have been more responsible. All I felt was responsible for Alan's death. The only reason I hadn't broken down completely is that I still had two men that would benefit none at all from self pity. I didn't want to pick just any old place to stop, so we walked on for a little while more.

Double spaced out paragraphs not sentences -.- lol
Death no More
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by JB Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:57 am

Zionmasterben wrote:I wish I could tell you what kept me going for the next several hours, into the next day, but I don't know. We ran at a slow pace, maybe five miles per hour until daybreak, then a little longer. Preston still shocked me, he hadn't uttered a single complaint. If any good had come out of this, it was that it was kicking the pogey right out of him.

“Kale, I think we need some rest,” Chris told me. I couldn't agree more, but I didn't want to be the first to say something. In retrospect I should have told them we needed rest, because it was still my responsibility to look after them, I should have been more responsible. All I felt was responsible for Alan's death. The only reason I hadn't broken down completely is that I still had two men that would benefit none at all from self pity. I didn't want to pick just any old place to stop, so we walked on for a little while more. A short time later we came across a hotel that looked perfect for our needs.

“Okay, before we all go pass out, we need to secure this place, and make sure no hostiles can get in,” I told them. They both silently nodded and went about carrying on my orders. We figured that it would be a good idea to stay on this highest floor and barricade every means up to the floor and then barricade the fire escape. We used mainly furniture from the other rooms, but three hours of hard work left me satisfied that we were somewhat safe. The last thing we blocked off was the kitchen, which before we did, we raided. So with good food, security, and not much else, we headed up the elevator, which was the only weak point. We put a couch in the open threshold though, as to stop the door from closing so none of the infected could call the elevators down. When I thought we were ready, we retired up to the room closest to the stairs to the roof, in
case the worst should have happened, and waited.

“We should definitely sleep in watches,” I noted. “Want me to go first?”“Yeah Kale, sleep is all I need right now, thanks,” Preston said, placing his sidearm
on the window sill. Chris placed his M16 and extra ammunition on the floor next to the bed, pulled a chair over for me, and then retired himself to one of the two beds in the room. They both fell asleep near instantaneously, leaving me alone with my guilt. To my great and pleasant surprise, the coffee maker in the room worked, so I made a pot and let my friends sleep as I drank. All I could do with the several hours that I was meant to stay up was think about how I'd killed Alan. I am ashamed to say that I took fifteen or so minutes out of my watch, sat on the edge of the bathtub, and cried. It was the first time I can remember weeping since I was a child and fell off of my bike. My father, merely trying to stop me from screaming like any child would, told me that it was inappropriate to cry, so I quit doing it. Since I hadn't cried in so long, I had a trouble regaining control of myself, that was until I heard what had become an all too familiar squealing sound in the distance. Without waking the others, I ran to the window and looked outside. Hundreds if not thousands of the infected, somehow knew we were here. It was like not being infected gave us a homing signal and they used it to zero in on us.

“Wake up! Nap time is over and we have plenty of work to do!” I yelled to the other two. As if they were expecting it, which actually I think they were, they rose out of bed quickly and grabbed their weapons.

“Son of a bitch, there is a shitload of them!” Chris yelled.

“Yeah, more than one!” Preston yelled back. He cursed and wished he'd still had his SAW, but that was in the past. Chris took as many shots as he could, when facing a force this large, he made sure to make every shot count. I also aimed out the window and fired rounds into the massive crowd.

“This is no good, we have maybe one hundred rounds left? We have to run, it's the only option!” Chris said. I knew he was right. We would have to leave and find a place to reload, perhaps a gun store. Then we'd have to go to a place where I could sleep, a place we could fortify.

“You're right, up the stairs!” I yelled. I took one last glance at the crowd and couldn't believe how many of them there were. Could we really be the only survivors in San Diego? California? America? Earth? It was more visible now though, that on the face of each of the rabid people, they were at some state of decomposition, almost like they were dead. We ran out of the room and up the stairs to the roof. We made it up there, but the only thing separating us from the dead, rabid, infected, psychotic, people were the obstacles we set on the fire escape and in the building. I locked the door on the roof which was at the end of the stairs. Then, we did all we could do at the time. We conserved ammo and waited. I figured if they got through all the barricades inside and tried to make it up to the roof, we could bottle neck them in the stairway which was very narrow, then we would just let the bodies pile until they couldn't get through. I still had my sidearm and many clips for it so I wasn't too worried. That was a lie. Even if we could fight them in the hall, how would we get off the roof? The only way down was through the fire escape and we need it to be blocked to survive. It looked like the end was near, or was it? I looked around the edges of the roof, and saw that maybe ten feet away was the roof of a condominium that with luck we could jump to and escape. I just prayed our
weary feet were up for it. I looked down while I was at the edge and saw that the infected were already inside the hotel, no way of knowing how close they were to reaching us. No telling that is, until I heard pounding at the locked door at the bottom of the stairwell.

“Fuck are these guys the hulk or what? It took us hours to put that shit there!” Chris yelled. He opened the door at the top and readied his rifle.

“Listen, guys! This shit is about to get real thick so let me make something clear. If they start to get through, we have an out! We can jump ten feet and land on the roof of the condo across the way there. But that is our resort if we can't hold, agreed?” I didn't get to find out if they agreed because the infected busted through the door at the bottom, and it was time to fight. Chris opened fire first. I ran to his position and started shooting just after him, but Preston stayed behind us so that when one of us went to reload, he would take our place until we finished. Chris was in some sort of zone, he emptied the thirty round magazine in twenty seconds and sure enough, thirty infected lay dead on the stairs. The living infected, if you could call them living, were practically scrambling over each other to get to us. Chris backed away and Preston stepped forward with his sidearm and also shot fourteen perfect rounds. I was firing short automatic bursts, just to keep them at bay while the others did their thing, but I was having little uck. Their momentum carried them forward up the stairs so Chris and Preston wound up wasting bullets on the ones I was shooting anyway. At that, I reverted to semi automatic fire and aiming for the head. In under five minutes, we had stacked up enough corpses to fill every room on the top floor of the hotel and then some. I was down to using my sidearm and Preston was out of the fight. Chris was also nearly out of the fight, emptying the rounds from his last clip in his own sidearm. Then when he'd emptied it, he looked at me and said:

“Plan B?” I nodded and all three of us turned around and ran for the edge of the roof. We had actually made it. We killed hundreds of infected and were going to live to fight another day, a ten foot jump was nothing. Nothing was right, until we actually made the leap. It seemed an eternity to do, but I looked down and saw a familiar blood soaked tongue. It grabbed Chris by the ankle and pulled him down faster than he ever could have fallen. He landed on the roof of a dark red Ford truck and broke his spine. There was no way of knowing whether he'd survived and just couldn't defend himself, but I wish that God was merciful and spared him from pain. The entirety of the trip must have taken its toll on Preston because he nearly missed the jump, barely grabbing on to the edge of the roof. I screwed my landing up because I looked down at Chris and didn't focus, so I
anded on my side, breaking my left shoulder. When I did on reflex, everything in my body tensed up, every muscle. It was when I felt a tingling burning sensation in my left calf that I realized I'd shot myself in the leg.

“KALE HELP ME!” Preston yelled. I could feel how afraid he was that the infected with the long tongue was going to drag him down, so through my pain, I limped over to him as fast as I could. I grabbed him by his collar with my right hand and pulled as hard as possible, getting him up the ledge. Then I saw another roof of the same height, in the same direction.

“Preston, this is the last order you are ever going to receive from me. I want you to jump over to the next roof and let me distract the infected so you can keep going. I've got a broken shoulder and a gunshot to the leg, I can't go on." I handed him the clip to my sidearm and the sidearm itself. He merely shook his head, with watery eyes and mouth open.

“Listen, you can actually make it out! You need to get out and make sure that other survivors know what happened here! That the heroism expressed by the three of ours fallen isn't forgotten! This, all this, it happened and I don't want to die knowing that no one knows about it. I want you to brag about us you fucking pogey.” I knew my little speech at the end of the order got to him and it gave him the conviction to continue alone. I only prayed that he would make it. He shook my hand and placed his hand on my right shoulder.

“Semper fi,” he said to me.

“Semper fi.” With that farewell, he ran and this time made the jump and was out of sight. It was then, at this moment, where I looked over the events leading up to the moment. I reviewed everything in order that would lead up to when Death came knocking on my door. He hadn't knocked yet, but he was standing on the welcome mat. It struck me that Jim, was also technically a survivor of this mess. Unless the infected truly were how they looked, which was dead. But I knew I didn't want to survive if that's what it took to do it. I walked over to the ledge opposite that of where I knew the long tongued infected was and looked down. Eighteen stories of down. I smiled, at the corner of my mouth and shut my eyes. Before I jumped, a group of the infected actually broke through the wall of dead bodies and jumped over to my roof. I couldn't believe my eyes when I looked at who lead the charge. Alan Schmidt, who I'd felt so guilty over, who was most certainly dead, was leading the attack that would kill me.

“It's my fault this happened, I'll take responsibility,” I said, opening my arms to my lost brother. He ran to bite me, but I ducked slightly so he rolled me over and we both fell off of the roof. The fall didn't take as long as the jump across the roof it seemed, I held Alan's head down so it would make contact and kill this catastrophe that had happened to his body and I. I was already gone. I was happy the last thing I did with my life was make my only regret, somewhat OK. I loved to think I redeemed myself on the way down, but I thought this only for a moment.......

The End.

there...
JB
JB
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1183
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down