Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Resistance

4 posters

Go down

The Resistance Empty The Resistance

Post by Carlos Spicyweiner Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:46 am

The Resistance- Or for you frenchies, La Resistance
First of all this is not a Halo story, but I strongly suggest, even if you don't like non-Halo stories, that you read this. It's full of action, epicness, and just plain fun. And if you're like that, I'll put in some romance for you. Have fun, please leave comments.

Prologue- The Resistance
"It's been three years since the revolution. It was not our revoltution but the revolution of a new race. Not alien, not human, a hybrid. Something people created to force themselves into power. Although we have not been able to analyze one fully yet, we know they have a human body, yet with a robots' organs. These things, people have called human, tried to reason with them. Those people's limbs dot the landscape, a barren landscape of death and destruction. It has been taken over by the desert, and the machines. We have been fighting an unstopable force, and we've waited three years to find a way to stop it. We will not stop until they are dead... or we are. But that will not happen, because we have what they don't, minds. They do what they are told in a straight-forward fashion, but we can change our tacitcs. We have a chance to win this war, so let's take it, and kill these goddamn machines, once and for ALL! My name is Grant Philips, and we're on our way to finishing this fight."

Chapter 1- Time and Place: April 23, 2015: New York, New York

Grant awoke with a blood-curdling scream. Once he realized where he was, he stopped and put his head in his hands. Amy, his fiance, got up to comfort him.

"Is it the dream again?" she asked.

"Yes," Grant said softly as tears welled up in his eyes.

"Can you tell me about it?"

He blinked away the tears and waited a second before answering, "No. There is a time and place for everything and this is not that time."

"Ugh fine just try to sleep," Amy said. She was tired of Grant hiding his past from her. She couldn't understand why, but she guessed it was bad, so she put up with it.

Amy fell back onto their bed and closed her eyes. Grant fell back as well, but he couldn't close his eyes. He knew the dream would just come back. Grant didn't sleep that night. He didn't sleep most nights.
April 24, 2015
Grant silently got up, he made sure not to wake Amy. She needed her sleep.

He grabbed his radio and turned it to David's secure channel. David was his base's mechanic, and he like most important people at his base, he had a radio channel all for his own.

"David? You there?"

"Yeah I'm here Grant what do you need?" David replied, classic rock blared in the background. Grant recognized it as Baba O' Reilly.

"First, turn your music down. Second, do you have that motorcycle ready?"

David paused for a few seconds to turn the music down, "Yes come over to the garage anytime to pick it up."

"Okay thanks Dave."

Grant slipped his clothes on and started out the door but a noise caught his attention. He looked suspiciously at a wall vent and gazed in, and he thought he saw something move. He briskly walked to the vent and detatched it and reached in and felt something. Suprised, Grant ripped it out and inspected it, and found it to be a camera.

"***," he said silently.

Just then the base alarm blared and he heard soft pops outside.

"Amy wake up!" Grant yelled running to the bed.

"What's going on?" she asked groggily.

"We're being attacked get dressed we gotta go!"

Amy sprang up and threw clothes on and grabbed two guns for her and Grant. Together, they left the room silently.

"How'd they find us?" Amy asked.

"Spy cameras," Grant replied holding up the camera he had found.

Grant ran down the last hallway after telling Amy to stay put and emerged into the base's hanger, which was in chaos. His men were fighting the machines with little luck as they were cut down one by one. Grant quickly found cover with David. He knew he would have to do something quick or they would be dead.

"David, give me cover I'm gonna flank them!" Grant screamed over the gunfire and the death screams of his men.

David nodded and started to blind fire and tell the survivors to as well. Grant crouched and dove and slid from cover to cover along the eastern wall carefully, trying to stay out of sight. Grant looked up to find that he was behind the machines. He got back in cover and right before he was going to leave cover to sneak in, he saw a sniper rifle a few feet away. He reached out to grab it, but a foot came down on it, and crushed it. Grant looked up to find a machine looking down on him, it's face emotionless. It swiftly grasped Grant by the shirt and threw him into the wall. Grant hit the wall hard as well as the ground and the blow caused him to cough up blood. The machine walked to him and pinned him against the wall with Grant's neck. Flailing, Grant desperately grabbed at the machine's arms as it's grip tightened. David looked over and saw the scene and ran out of cover towards Grant, firing his pistol at the machine, but only made it halfway before bullets started to hit him. David didn't notice at first but then he touched his chest and his hands emerged covered in blood and he fell to the ground, barely alive as he bled out. Another machine walked to David and David reached out to it's leg, hoping in a desperate attempt to somehow stop it. But he failed, and the machine stomped David's head into the ground, causing gore to fly out from under it's boot. The machine that had Grant nodded to the other, and David's killer got back to work on the other survivors. Here, Grant saw his chance. He spit in the eye of the machine, and kicked it's leg. Sparks flew from the eye, and Grant reached for his pistol and put one shot into both of the machine's kneecaps, causing it to fall down. Grant grabbed a nearby M4.

He walked to the machine, got down and whispered in it's ear, "You may be a robot, you may be stronger than us, but we have instinct, and last time I checked, most machines don't survive a M4 clip to the head.

With this, Grant turned the machine over, put the gun's barrel in it's mouth, and let loose.

Grant turned and saw that some of his men had followed his suit and flanked the machines, and as a result, the parts of six machines lay strewn across the hangar. Grant sighed and started to walk away to help clean up, but he was pulled to the ground by a strong force.

The machine he thought he had killed pulled Grant on top of him and said in a monotone, "Most machines don't, but I do."

It hit Grant across the face and Grant puched back, almost breaking his knuckle against the machines face. He forgot he wasn't fighting a human. The machine had the advantage, even though Grant was on top. But then he heard a loud noise, almost like a car. He and the machine looked over and saw a motorcylce flying towards them. Grant eyes widened and he jumped off the machine just in time. The motorcycle tore right over the machines head and neck, flattening it to the ground. It was dead now.

Amy hopped off the motorcycle and ran to Grant.

"Are you alright?" she asked in a worried tone.

"Yeah pretty much. *** things are strong," he said, rubbing his already bruised neck, "I thought I told you to wait inside."

"You did, I just couldn't resist the fight, plus it looked like you needed some help."

"I would've been fine."

"Sure."
Things had calmed down and the hangar had been cleaned up. The dead would be buried the next day. Grant and Amy were in bed.

:"Are you going to sleep tonight?" Amy asked.

"Probably not," Grant said gloomily, "I saw David get his head curb-stomped into the ground by one of those things. If I sleep I'll throw up from the dreams."

"Honey you never..." Amy started.

She was cut off by the base's loudspeaker.

"Attention all Resistance bases in New York, this is HQ, you need to gather all your supplies and men and evacuate your bases within two days. The machines have found our base locations, and have already attacked 3. Although their attacks have been unsuccesful, we are concerned some will be. We are taking this chance to attack the robot's main facility here in U.S., which is in Buffalo, New York. Any bases in surrounding states, please send any possible men and or supplies to the nearest New York base. This is attack will occur in 7 days' time. Thank you, and good luck."

The loudspeaker went dead.

"Fine," Grant said, "I'll try to sleep tonight."

"Thank you," Amy said.

She gave him a kiss, laid back and closed her eyes. Grant did the same. He shuddered. He wondered what hell his dreams would put him through tonight.

The Bridge:
Shock, a flash of light..

"I hid, I hid like a coward."

A short drive. A knock on the door.

"Grant! Jesus you look terrible what happened? Where's Heather?"

"Um .At her mom's, do you still have that shotgun?"

"Yeah why?"

"Can I see it again?"

"Grant are you okay?"

The cock of a pistol.

"WHERE IS IT!"

"Jesus! It's in the closet! Don't hurt me! Please!"

"Thanks for the gun."

Pop.

"It doesn't help you much though.

Last edited by Mr. Grenade on Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:41 am; edited 4 times in total
Carlos Spicyweiner
Carlos Spicyweiner
Minion

Male Number of posts : 803
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

The Resistance Empty Re: The Resistance

Post by Onyxknight Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:57 pm

did you get this idea from terminator i guess? but notheless good intro
Onyxknight
Onyxknight
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1833
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Carlos Spicyweiner Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:10 pm

Onyxknight wrote:did you get this idea from terminator i guess? but notheless good intro
Thank you and yes I did
Carlos Spicyweiner
Carlos Spicyweiner
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Carlos Spicyweiner Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:11 pm

Chapter 1 is up
Carlos Spicyweiner
Carlos Spicyweiner
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Elabajaba Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:15 pm

Good job grenade, though the setting is basically ripped from Terminator.

Elabajaba
Crimson Epileptic

Male Number of posts : 1114
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Carlos Spicyweiner Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:32 pm

Elabajaba wrote:Good job grenade, though the setting is basically ripped from Terminator.
Shh don't tell anybody :p
Carlos Spicyweiner
Carlos Spicyweiner
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Carlos Spicyweiner Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:42 am

A short bridge chapter is up to show what Grant dreams sometimes and what he dreams between Chapter 1 and Chapter 2, which will effect him later
Carlos Spicyweiner
Carlos Spicyweiner
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:48 pm

Good stuff. I like the first bit of chapter one and the dream at the end.

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2259
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Carlos Spicyweiner Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:02 pm

Cheese wrote:Good stuff. I like the first bit of chapter one and the dream at the end.
Thanks
Carlos Spicyweiner
Carlos Spicyweiner
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Carlos Spicyweiner Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:51 am

Chapter 2- A Shot in the Dark- April 25, 2015- 6 days from attack (There will be POV changes, these are marked by a cross-screen line)
GRANT

The evacuation on Grant's base had started around 6. The base had gotten a large influx of men overnight, so getting the supplies out was easy. The bases' forces would meet up right outside of Buffalo at an old hotel They had been driving ever since down a safe path, it would take a while and it was around 7 p.m.

"*** it's getting dark," Grant told his right-hand man, Rogers, "if we get ambushed we're going to be screwed."

Rogers replied with, "Well they don't usually attack at night, but it's been known to happen. We just gotta keep our eyes peeled for enemies."

Rogers was an ex-Navy SEAL, and was built like a rock. He was born in New York in 1978, and grew up in the slums. At age 15, his brother was executed on a live broadcast on a local news channel. In 2005 he joined the Navy SEALS and was forced to retire when the robots took over. He was a hard and quiet man and Grant had a lot of respect for him.

Most of the vehicles in Grant's convoy were light jeeps. It at least gave the machines a smaller target to fire at then the larger trucks that they've seen other bases leaving with.

Grant and Rogers drove a few more miles without conversation. Amy was in the backseat sleeping, she had been exhausted from the evacuation, where she had helped a lot.

Rogers finally broke the silence, "What do you think is going to happen with the attack?"

Grant thought for a moment, "Personally, I think we're going to lose, we're gonna need something major if we want to win this."

"What? Like something from aliens?" Rogers asked sarcastically.

Grant laughed as they drove by a run-down gas station.

"Ha, stop here I'm gonna go in and look for some gas."

"You want me to come in?" Rogers asked.

"No thanks, I'll be fine."

Rogers signaled to the three other cars in their convoy to stop and pull over.

Grant pulled over and got out, "I'll be back in a minute or two. If Amy wakes up tell her I'll be back soon."

"Gotcha," Rogers said.

Grant nodded and walked towards the gas station. Weird place for a gas station. Grant thought, he knew this area from before the revolution, very few people drove out here. They were in the light woods and the gas station just seemed plain strange. As he walked in he recognized the posters of some movies and TV shows that were on right before the revolution. It was almost nostalgic and it made Grant smile. He liked that part of the past. But that smile soon went away as flashbacks came to him. What?! No please! Pop. It made Grant knell down, it hurt him. He wiped away some tears when he realized he needed to hurry. Just then loud pops came from outside and an explosion. He turned and watched through the front doors as Rogers was cut down from an unseen assailants' sniper rifle. He started to run but was stopped from the sound of a pistol cocking. He barely had time to say fuc- before the bullet of a pistol was lodged deep in his skull.

ROGERS (Picks up right after Grant leaves for gas)

Rogers turned to look towards Amy.

Grant is a lucky man to have her.

Rogers heard loud music from one of the convoy cars. Amy shuffled in her seat in the back.

"What's going on?" She asked groggily, "Where's Grant?"

"He went inside to look for gas, he'll be back soon. Stay here I'll be back in a second."

Amy nodded and Rogers hopped out of the car and started to walk back to the other two cars. The men from the cars were chatting outside and listening to some old punk rock.

"Ha turn that *** off your gonna get us killed!" Rogers ordered.

"Fine," one of them said, "We'll turn it off."

As Rogers turned to walk away and from the corner of his eye he saw one of them give him the bird. He rolled his eyes and walked back towards the car slowly. Out of nowhere Grant's car exploded and sent Rogers to the ground. White noise filling his ears, he slowly stumbled up and heard the pops of guns.

He turned to yell, "GET DOWN!!"

Then he felt a sharp pain in his chest and looked down to find blood gushing out of him. He fell to his knees and another bullet flew through his skull.

AMY(right after the alien comment from Rogers)

Grant and Rogers didn't know Amy hadn't been asleep this entire time. She had been faking it and just listening to their conversations. It bothered her that Grant didn't think that they could win. She thought he had lost some of his faith when he watched David die. She didn't know though. She was preoccupied with something else anyway. She had been pregnant for three weeks now and she couldn't find it in herself to tell Grant. She had no idea why but she couldn't. She agreed with herself to tell him next time they got alone.

She heard Grant say that he would go inside for gas and waited for him to leave before she shuffled in her seat.

"What's going on?" She asked, "Where's Grant?"

Rogers didn't know she was playing coy.

"He went inside to look for gas, he'll be back soon. Stay here I'll be back in a second," he said.

She nodded and waited for him to leave. When he did, She silently slipped out of the car and ran to the back to find an alternate entrance to the gas station. She walked in when she did and found herself in a back room. She silently slipped through the next door and heard an explosion and gunfire. Then she saw Grant turn to run but then out of nowhere she heard footsteps behind her and felt her pistol come out of her holster and heard it ***. Everything seemed to turn into slow-motion. She turned and saw a man in black shoot her gun and hit Grant in the back of his head. Then the man hit her over the head and knocked her out.

She heard him get down next to her and say, "Don't worry, I'm just helping you people."

Then she fell completely out of consciousness.

THE HELPER(Right after Amy came into the gas station)

The Helper watched as Amy walked into the back room. He waited for the explosion outside and the gunfire. He walked briskly through the next door and waved his hand. He focused as time slowed. He grabbed Amy's pistol and pointed it at Grant's head, cocked it, and fired. Then he hit Amy over the head.

Then he got down next to her and whispered, "Don't worry, I'm just helping you people."

He waved his hand again and time resumed as normal. He looked outside at Rogers' body.

"That wasn't planned," he said to himself.

He got down next to Grant and put his hands on him. He closed his eyes and focused as his power drained quickly from him into Grant.

He got back up when he was done and waved his hand to the right. Everything rewinded around him. He pushed his hand forward an hour after he started this. He felt so drained, he barely had enough strength to raise his pen to the paper he had in his hand and write down the directions he had for Grant. When he finished he snapped his fingers and the paper disappeared out of his hand. He pushed his hand down and the building fell down around him and Amy and Grant's bodies sunk into the ground. They were just things at this point, the new real ones were on their way his way.

He then raised the pistol to his head and said, "Grant, your the only hope humanity has left."

He fired and he and the pistol fell to the ground. His body laid there in the middle of the dirt where the fake gas station he had set up for this had once been. His body laid there as Grant's convoy drove by. His body laid there until his fellow Helpers decided to take it.
Carlos Spicyweiner
Carlos Spicyweiner
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Elabajaba Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:11 pm

Bit of a strange chapter, though it'll (hopefully) be explained later.

Good job, Mr. Grenade

Elabajaba
Crimson Epileptic

Male Number of posts : 1114
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Carlos Spicyweiner Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:13 pm

Thank you and that's a relief to hear that the plot twist at least excepted. I was worried people would hate it
Carlos Spicyweiner
Carlos Spicyweiner
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum