Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not in Life...

3 posters

Go down

Not in Life... Empty Not in Life...

Post by JB Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:38 pm

Prologue

This is me trying to write a zombie fan fic so bear with me here tryin my best >.>

You've never experienced it. You've never experienced the fact of being truly terrified, the pain, or the sorrow of your own death. This is me, and its the 2nd worst thing I’ve ever experienced. Driving down the freeway on your way to go see your little boy. An 18-wheeler slamming into your side as he falls asleep at the wheel, lying there as your decrepit shell of a body is smashed and burned under 6 tons of steel and glass. Waiting for a death that seems it’s never going to come. You can hear the sirens wailing, muffled voices of men trying to rescue you before its to late.
Pronounced dead at the scene.
Waking up during the operation to remove your still intact organs in pain and agony.
You’ve never felt death.

My name is Tyler Welks and my story isn’t a happy one.

Chapter 1: The Hospital

After 5 months of rehabilitation people tend to forget, but this was to quiet.

I had just gotten out of my hospital bed and as I looked into the hall, it seemed like everyone had disappeared. I managed to wobble my way down the hallway. The painkillers were still having a huge effect on my motor skills. As I rounded the corner to the elevators I saw the first one. He is, sorry “was” about 6’2” Caucasian with a huge head wound and he was crouched over what I assume was once a nurse. That’s when I made my first mistake, unknowingly with a few raspy breaths I said Sir are you alright? That’s when I knew I was in trouble. He stood up and turned around slowly to show me the blood smeared all over his face to his chest. Now he started coming at me. So instinctively I pushed a Medical tray in front of him just in time to have him run into it and flip over it, with the terrible cracking sound as his neck broke against the floor, and his body turn into a lifeless heap. By now I obviously knew something was wrong. I took out the IV and continued down the hall. A few doors down I saw a Biohazard sign with locked doors and 3 people inside. One I believe was a patient, and the other 2 doctors. I quietly made my way past with a bone saw I found on a tray. Now I was at the elevators. Quickly I hit the button. Another mistake, when the elevator hit my floor it made a high pitched Ding and right then I heard crashing sounds. As the doors opened the 3 came rushing at me from the right and another 5 from the left. I quickly ran into the elevator, Adrenaline Rushing I hit the 1st floor button. The door closed right as they converged on my door. I was safe for now. Putting on the Scrubs lay in the corner I found a Beretta 9 millimeter handgun laying on the floor that I now noticed that I was standing beside what used to be a police officer torn to bits.

As the doors opened a 12 gage Shotgun and an M16 assault rifle met me.
“Speak,” said the man, a tall burley man at that, kinda reminded me of a lumberjack.
The woman standing beside him was clearly his wife/ girlfriend she was stunning, with long black hair, and a figure to die for.
“Don’t shoot,” I quickly said after reminiscing to myself.
They lowered their guns after looking me over, I assume to see if I had any wounds of sort. To my surprise the lobby was quite free of bodies.
They walked away and as they reached the door I got nothing less than a blunt
“You comin or what?”
I quickly followed.

Chapter 2: The streets
Date: 6/12/10
3:00 P.M.

As we walked through the streets it was that scene you'd think of when a nuke had just hit, Cars were randomly placed throughout the streets. There were a few of them in view, but far away that I assume they didn't notice us. Either that or they didn’t care.
"Where we goin"? I said as we went into the alley across the street.
"SHHH don't draw attention", they both said simultaneously.
We walked for about another 3 blocks rounding corners, changing route to avoid groups of them, and avoiding dark places. As we walked through about the seventh alley the pain started to kick in, I’d almost forgotten that I’d just gotten off of painkillers. The Wooziness from them was long gone, but the pain came back and I collapsed to the ground incidentally I grabbed for anything and managed to knock over a garbage can. Instantaneously I knew I’d fucked up. They both turned around and I saw the color leave their faces, standing right over me was one of them with about 7 and more coming behind him. Without hesitation I brought out the 9mm I’d gotten in the hospital and shot twice at the once man. The first one struck him in the Jugular, the second right through the forehead. He stood for a moment and then began to fall forward. I rolled out of the way just as he fell right where I was lying. By now there was about 20 of them in the alley. I got up quickly and ran after the other two. By now they were almost out the other side. I would’ve said something if my life wasn’t at risk. I ran as fast as I could and I knew they were right behind me.
“C’mon!” said the man.
They had run into a convenience store that was boarded up and barricaded and were taking aim at those of them who were behind me. With extraordinary accuracy they were picking them off right from behind me. I was about 10 meters away from the store now. I noticed more muzzle flashes coming from the boards. I dove as one of them came in right behind me and was quickly shot through the head. They slammed the door shut right behind me. The people in the store were hastily picking off the rest of them. It took about 2 minutes until things became quiet again.
“What the hell were you doing?” the man from before said.
“He fell Mike leave him alone”, said the woman.
By now the 5 people in the room were all looking at me.
“Well, what’s your name”? said an older man out of the group.
“Tyler Welks” I replied
“My name is Paul Reed” it’s nice to meet you
“You’ve already met Mike and Terry Hesse, and the guy sittin in the corner over there is Dean Weston, and the last girl over there is Kelly Delton.”
Paul was about 60 years old from what I assume he was pretty charismatic for the current situations.
Dean was a shorter man about 5’10” with brown hair and a mustache to go along with it probably about 30-40 years old.
Kelly was the youngest of the whole group. She looked about 16 years old and 5’6” and pretty shy.
“Got any family Tyler?” Paul said.
Immediately I remembered that I was on my way to see my son, and I went into a panic.
“I NEED TO SEE MY SON!” I was very concerned now.
“ Where’d you find this one Mike?” Dean stated.
“ Hospital, he came outa the elevator”.
“ Well I’d say he’s alright”
“ Whoa whoa where’s your son live?” he looked a little concerned when he said that, that made me uncomfortable
“ He lives in the Westwood suburbs”.
Now my hopes were immediately drained as Kelly looked away and Paul’s face went white.
“I’m sorry to be the one to tell you this but that was the first place to get hit, Kelly was the last one outa there.”
I didn’t believe them. I tried to stand up but the pain overwhelmed me and I passed out.
The last thing I remember was someone saying “take him to a bed”. After that there was silence.

Chapter 3: Safehouse
Date: 6/13/10
Time: 11:13 P.M.

I awoke in a cold sweat; I had a bad dream that I couldn’t remember.
“Bout time you woke up” said that very familiar old voice.
I looked over to see Dean sitting in a chair across the room with an M16.
“What’s with the heavy weaponry?” I already assumed what for.
“Can’t be to careful during times like this can we?”
“What do you mean?”
“You haven’t seen one turn yet have you?”
“What do you mean?”
He took a long breath and began to tell me how things happen to these “People”.
“When you turn into one of the “zombies” first you’ll go into an uncontrollable rage, lashing out on anyone or anything near you. Soon after you pass out kinda like you did. Which is why we assumed you might turn. We like to call the time your passed out the “incubation period” because of the fact that during the time your body becomes more resilient to wounds that would normally kill an average human. For instance you put a hole through a man with a twelve gauge they’re more than likely dead, but not those things. You shoot them anywhere but the head they’ll keep coming. Now that we know your not one of them though we can have you help us with down time.”
“Wait, what’s down time?”
“By God you haven’t been out that much have you?”
“I haven’t gotten out much lately. How long has this been going on?”
“About 3 weeks now, Army couldn’t contain it so they pulled out, left the rest of us to die, but we’ve been listening to broadcasts that tell us that it’s been contained to the U.S. and Southern Canada. The farther south you are the worse it is.”
Maybe Sarah took him there.
“I almost forgot, down time is when we try to rest, but unfortunately those things don’t and are more sensitive to noise and light. It’s pretty rare to get a night in where they don’t try and attack.”
“Luckily they broadcasted a route of safe areas like this one to get through the cities to make it north.” Dean held up a colored map of the U.S.
“Wait what’s with all the shading?”
“Well, the darker the shade the more infected there are. As you can see down towards Mexico where Mike and Terry came from. They started with a group of 16 and they’re all that’s left. According to them you couldn’t take one step without touching one of those things.”
“Good God.” It astonishing how fast this “infection” had spread. According to the map all of South America was infected and most of the U.S. and Middle America. However the farther north you went the less it got. It was as if they were prone to warmth. Either that or they hadn’t decided to head north, yet, somehow….
“They’re Coming!” someone shouted from the main room.
“Showtime”, Dean picked up a rifle and threw it to me.
“Hope you’re a good shot, and aim for the head”.
We both ran out the door of the bedroom, I was not prepared to see what was about to happen.

Chapter 4: Things take a downturn
Date: 6/14/10
Time: 12:56 A.M.

These “infected” as they called them had been assaulting the safe house for over an hour now, and despite being well supplied we were running low on ammunition, and on top of that most of us were exhausted past the point of full consciousness. I even found myself falling asleep between reloads. There was well over a four hundred bodies out there now, they’d been coming in wave after since the first came and they’d been getting more and more persistent, and to top that off some of these “infected” were jumping insane distances, they were just silhouettes against the streetlights, but despite the fact that they were now flesh hungry beasts of instinct, and were much faster and stronger than an average human there was no way that they could jump that far. We didn’t get to see any of them up close until one of them came crashing through the vent shaft from the roof. The creature was human at one time, but not so much anymore. It had claws the size of a bears, and its jaw looked like it had been hit with a baseball bat, but was still fully functioning with oversized teeth, and its calf muscles had grown to be way outside the range any man could obtain. It almost immediately jumped at Paul, and before we could do anything to get the creature off of him it managed to tear open his stomach in all but 2 fatal swipes with its razor like claws. I still can’t get those blood curdling screams out of my mind. Mike shot it in the face but not before it managed to attempt to escape by destroying the barricade. Unfortunately Paul had died due to his wounds despite our best efforts, but the best doctors in the world would not be able to help him with gashes that deep. We fought them for at least another half hour, it had almost become a sequence now, aim shoot, aim shoot, reload, repeat, the bodies were piling up like flies to a bug zapper in the middle of a bog. I swear I recognized my old boss from the office, but there was no way to be sure as soon as he fell to the ground another had been shot and taken his place.

“We gotta bail guys!” Mike finally said after a few more minutes of intense fighting. As a sort of final attempt to hold position.

We all silently acknowledged his statement and after gathering what supplies and munitions we had we soon found ourselves in the middle of a back street that was luckily blocked off from the main street where they’d all been assaulting us. However they would surely break through what of the barricade was left and move through the building like a swarm of locusts. Quietly we all moved through the street avoiding the scattered infected that would happen to hobble into our way, no one saying a word, watching for any signs of a horde or another one of those creatures.

Finally after a few hours of traveling we managed to find another safe house. This one was based in a cellar, of a quite large house which the north side had collapsed sealing the entire inside making the whole building into a sort of fortress. However the it had long been searched and raided by whoever else might be alive so it didn’t do us a lot of good to stay there any longer than needed. After some long minutes of silence and recuperation we finally decided what our next point of interest was.

“Well we have two choices” Dean stated, “We can head west towards the safe house that leads us into Davenport, or we can go to Harrisburg, a more populated which would mean that there’s more of those things, but there would be more supplies there if we gave it a good look.”

After some argument and exchanges of profanity we finally decided we’d head into Harrisburg. It might be more dangerous but we needed the supplies or we weren’t going to make it to the next town. I was beginning to wonder if any of us would make it out of this alive. I had noticed some writing on the walls, and I decided to read it, most of it was just idiotic arguments and gibberish of people who were either insane or angered due to this whole situation, until I saw a familiar signature. Brock, my ex’s husband had signed the wall after a note reading:

Dear Tyler:
We may not have ever gotten off on the best of terms, but I think this kind of calls for some cooperation. Sarah and Jake are fine, and we have a group with us of about 7, if you are still alive we are heading through Harrisburg, which I assume if you’re with a group that would be your best bet. North of there is an outpost left by the army with some transportation. Once we get there we will wait for about 5 days, which should be enough for you to get from here to there. Best of luck to you.
Sincerely Brock

“… He’s still a dick…”

P.S. We hid some supplies under the fireplace hatch, its under a padlock, the combo is Jakes birthday.

Alright, not so much, but I still don’t like him.

Last edited by JB on Wed May 06, 2009 9:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
JB
JB
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1183
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

Not in Life... Empty Re: Not in Life...

Post by XNate02 Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:58 pm

nice one dude
XNate02
XNate02
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2345
Registration date : 2008-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by JB Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:29 pm

workin on the 2nd chapter right now, be up in about a 1/2 hour or so >.> (realizes no1 cares) idc im doin it anyway
JB
JB
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by JB Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:24 pm

well i guess ill work on another chapter, i assume some1 will read it sometime
JB
JB
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyxknight Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:27 pm

id just read it kool zombies!!!
Onyxknight
Onyxknight
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1833
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by JB Wed May 06, 2009 9:37 pm

Well if anyone actually cares, chapters 3 and 4 are up, feel free to coment, always open to alittle advice/feedback
JB
JB
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by XNate02 Thu May 07, 2009 2:56 pm

Yay ive been waiting to see what happens next
XNate02
XNate02
Lord's Personal Minion