Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

well New York state assembly SUX!!!

+9
KrAzY
Vigil
Lord Pheonix
Rotaretilbo
Angatar
Toaster
Dud Doodoo
CivBase
Vtrooper
13 posters

Go down

well New York state assembly SUX!!! Empty well New York state assembly SUX!!!

Post by Vtrooper Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:53 am

trying to keep adult games off open shelves and behined a closed cabinet... GAY!!!

read it here

NY just lot its gaming community
Vtrooper
Vtrooper
Crimson Henchmen

Male Number of posts : 2885
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

well New York state assembly SUX!!! Empty Re: well New York state assembly SUX!!!

Post by CivBase Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:08 pm

Wait... adult games, or mature games?

V, have you read some of those things?

• COMMISSION OF A VIOLENT CRIME
  • SUICIDE
  • SODOMY
  • RAPE
  • INCEST
  • BESTIALITY
  • VIOLENT RACISM
  • RELIGIOUS VIOLENCE
  • SADO-MASOCHISM
  • SEXUAL ASSAULT
  • SEXUAL ACTIVITY
  • MURDER
  • MORBID VIOLENCE
  • ILLEGAL USE OF DRUGS OR ALCOHOL

The other ones (other than violent racism and religious violence) probably wouldn't cause much of a problem though. Some of those probably should be kept off of the shelves though.

I'm rather surprised they didn't put nudity up there.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

well New York state assembly SUX!!! Empty Re: well New York state assembly SUX!!!

Post by Dud Doodoo Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:20 pm

Murder? You better lock up every serious game ever made, including mario.

Dud Doodoo
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1528
Registration date : 2008-06-29

http://www.moddb.com/mods/broken-arrow-the-world-in-conflict-vie

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:41 pm

NYlaw wrote:"The legislature hereby finds that the youth of New York state are entitled to grow-up in a positive setting and be shielded from graphic violence and offensive depictions now found in video games

Shielded? That's a poor choice of words. We should not be "shielding" our youth from the realities of the world.

Civ wrote:I'm rather surprised they didn't put nudity up there.

'cause every 12 year-old kid alive has typed in "boobs" in google.

Dud wrote:Murder? You better lock up every serious game ever made, including mario.

I'm sure they mean "murder of humans." Just wait 'till they add "animal cruelty" to the list. We won't even be allowed to buy pokemon.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:54 pm

I live in New York. :/

This is a stupid law.
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:42 pm

Stupid politicians make stupid laws, and it would seem so few politicians are intelligent in this day and age that it was bound to happen somewhere.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4541
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:46 pm

If annon decieds to fight back and leads the charge in a fight, you can guarantee that there will be a sort of revolution going on.

I only say if annon does it as they will unite everyone and actually start the shit, thats why I like them. Instead of just bitching about stuff they actually do something about it.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7574
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:47 pm

Oh don't get me started, we've already had the Bryon Report about games here, and what did it achieve?

They basically came back and said to change the game ratings to the same systems as movies. Like that will stop people playing them.

Games are only a problem when the mind playing them is already heading down that way.
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:45 pm

Am I the only person in here that thinks these guys have a point? I'd rather not be walking down the aisle and have to see games about bestiality and incest. And I doubt many parents would want their kids to be seeing this either.

"Hey mommy, can we get this game?"

I mean, things like murder, crime, drugs/alcohol, that stuff I don't mind as much... but come on people!
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:58 pm

ive NEVER seen a game with bestiality, sodomy, incest or any of those... and if they had those they would be AO which is ILLEGAL to sell to anyone under 18 anyways

that list of warning things was probably written by some idiot like Jack Thompson who thinks all video games contain evil things

the law wants to put that label on ANY game with adult content... meaning that if you are below 18 now you have to explain to your parents that Halo 3 doesn't have Beatiality or Rape in it.

if this law becomes widespread games will become more and more... mainstream... boring... and child oriented... I don't know about you... but I like my Mature games to be gorey... companies will stop making mature games when this label saying all the bad things that are "in" the game gets slapped on their product.
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3965
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by BBJynne Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:04 pm

KrAzY wrote:... meaning that if you are below 18 now you have to explain to your parents that Halo 3 doesn't have Beatiality or Rape in it.

I dunno...

I've seen people ass-rape the brutes before

BBJynne
The Lord's Blood Knight

Male Number of posts : 5059
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:02 pm

That's their choice, not the games... Besides, was it the one of the homosexual brutes? If so, I'm sure he would have wanted it anyway, so it's not really rape.
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:29 pm

Angatar wrote:That's their choice, not the games... Besides, was it the one of the homosexual brutes? If so, I'm sure he would have wanted it anyway, so it's not really rape.

Now try to apply that to an opposite sex situation. Still hold up?
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Spartan Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:37 pm

You cant blame a game for a person's actions. So why would it matter? It's not the game's fault that the player wants to rape dead brutes.
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3405

http://www.fftu.info/forum/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:31 am

KrAzY wrote:ive NEVER seen a game with bestiality, sodomy, incest or any of those... and if they had those they would be AO which is ILLEGAL to sell to anyone under 18 anyways

that list of warning things was probably written by some idiot like Jack Thompson who thinks all video games contain evil things

the law wants to put that label on ANY game with adult content... meaning that if you are below 18 now you have to explain to your parents that Halo 3 doesn't have Beatiality or Rape in it.

if this law becomes widespread games will become more and more... mainstream... boring... and child oriented... I don't know about you... but I like my Mature games to be gorey... companies will stop making mature games when this label saying all the bad things that are "in" the game gets slapped on their product.

QFT.
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:43 am

ReconToaster wrote:
Angatar wrote:That's their choice, not the games... Besides, was it the one of the homosexual brutes? If so, I'm sure he would have wanted it anyway, so it's not really rape.

Now try to apply that to an opposite sex situation. Still hold up?
The last part wasn't really part of the argument, I was just saying that the homosexual brute would like it.
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:22 am

KrAzY wrote:ive NEVER seen a game with bestiality, sodomy, incest or any of those... and if they had those they would be AO which is ILLEGAL to sell to anyone under 18 anyways

Never played a japanese love hentai game lol

Though those don't apply to our law system
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7574
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:08 am

BBJynne wrote:
KrAzY wrote:... meaning that if you are below 18 now you have to explain to your parents that Halo 3 doesn't have Beatiality or Rape in it.

I dunno...

I've seen people ass-rape the brutes before

lol!
Good one BB.
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573

Back to top Go down

Post by Vtrooper Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:38 pm

well also this will end the only thing bigger them movies under and if so we will need a rebellion... or something
Vtrooper
Vtrooper
Crimson Henchmen

Male Number of posts : 2885
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by JB Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:28 pm

lol i can see it on the news

"any of the halo and Gears of war games have now been banned from the market due to T-Bagging, and the fact that when ur character dies they could end up in a sexual position!"
JB
JB
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1183
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down