Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Follow! Follow! FOLLOW!

+13
Lord Pheonix
CivBase
team dfc
KristallNacht
BBJynne
KrAzY
Dud Doodoo
PiEdude
thane321
Toaster
Angatar
Kasrkin Seath
Rasq'uire'laskar
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Follow! Follow! FOLLOW! - Page 2 Empty Re: Follow! Follow! FOLLOW!

Post by Toaster Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:10 pm

Rasq wrote:You liked him too, huh?

Your standings confuse the hell out of me Rasq.

Rasq wrote:
I'll try. But you just had to bring religion into this, right? This is, if not anything, a political discussion.

lol, my referencing to him as the messiah was more supportive of your side. I was making a joke out of the way he has been portrayed by the media as some sort of a god. Forgive me for saying something, anything, that has to do with religion.

Rasq wrote:And yet you believe that the Universe just... appeared... inflated from a superdense particle that floated in out of nowhere, bringing time and space along with it.
Oh, and you also believe in String Theory, which for all of it's mathematical beauty... cannot be tested.

Thank you for deciding what I believe in cheers
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:02 pm

ReconToaster wrote:
Rasq wrote:You liked him too, huh?

Your standings confuse the hell out of me Rasq.
Sometimes... I'm confused myself.
Let me put it this way: I believe that the National Government has grown too powerful as compared to the states, and a few issues need to be left to the states. I love the Constitution, because it is a remarkable work of engineering that has held strong for so long, and we need to follow it, and stick to Free Enterprise, as that is what the Founders intended.

But, in a perfect world, I believe in a Statist government with more control over the social sphere than the economic sphere... what you would call Fascist, but has no connections to fascist ideology. The idea is to control and not oppress.

But I also believe that a 10-year Constitutional Statist Government could get us out of our current economic mess. Look at what it did for Germany. If it wasn't based on hatred, but patriotism, it could get so much done without the negative side-effects.

ReconToaster wrote:
Rasq wrote:
I'll try. But you just had to bring religion into this, right? This is, if not anything, a political discussion.

lol, my referencing to him as the messiah was more supportive of your side. I was making a joke out of the way he has been portrayed by the media as some sort of a god. Forgive me for saying something, anything, that has to do with religion.
Then I ask for your forgiveness. I read what you wrote, and I assumed that you meant the worst.

ReconToaster wrote:
Rasq wrote:And yet you believe that the Universe just... appeared... inflated from a superdense particle that floated in out of nowhere, bringing time and space along with it.
Oh, and you also believe in String Theory, which for all of it's mathematical beauty... cannot be tested.

Thank you for deciding what I believe in cheers
Then forgive me again, because it seemed like a logical conclusion at the time.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2929
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:32 pm

Rasq wrote:Sometimes... I'm confused myself.
Let me put it this way: I believe that the National Government has grown too powerful as compared to the states, and a few issues need to be left to the states. I love the Constitution, because it is a remarkable work of engineering that has held strong for so long, and we need to follow it, and stick to Free Enterprise, as that is what the Founders intended.

But, in a perfect world, I believe in a Statist government with more control over the social sphere than the economic sphere... what you would call Fascist, but has no connections to fascist ideology. The idea is to control and not oppress.

But I also believe that a 10-year Constitutional Statist Government could get us out of our current economic mess. Look at what it did for Germany. If it wasn't based on hatred, but patriotism, it could get so much done without the negative side-effects.

So, you support a constitutionally sound government with a slight hint of fascism? I guess I understand what you mean with patriotism, but I don't know if social control would be totally necessary.

Prevalent patriotism is created through propaganda, for which I'm quite sure you would need a bit of presidential support from the media.

I guess I'm more confused about your stance on the war. This is probably the one thing that I have come to disagree with Ron Paul about. While I was supportive of his plans at first, I've grown more wary. Yanking all the troops out of the middle east would be a pretty awful idea, though removing them from places like Japan and Korea is something I would very strongly be in favor of.

So what are your views on the Iraq War?

BTW, it's all good. Reviewing my history... it's not hard to expect a bit of anti-religion embedded statements to be coming from me. Razz
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:31 am

Hmm.....well as an outsider of the U.S this whole Bollock O'Bilmey business has been rather interesting to watch. He's got the same popularity that JFK had when he was elected, which is ironic, with all the comparision between them.

I was a bit surprised he won at first, espically with the southern states, and their 'views'

Bush made lots of mistakes, what set him appart from other presidents was that they were visible mistakes, were as his predecsors were very good at keeping them quiet. It didn't help that he wasn't very good at expressing himself (We misunderestimated him I believe Very Happy )

So Have fun Rasq, I've always wanted to go to D.C just to have a look around, and you'll be there at a historic event that you can tell the grandchildren.

Let's hope he doesn't get asassinated though......... I have a hunch he's got quite a few enemies. :twisted:
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Maginot Line Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:06 pm

Vigil wrote:

I was a bit surprised he won at first, espically with the southern states, and their 'views'

Do not even go there...

Good luck Rasq! Bunch of people from my schools choir are going... entertaining to watch...

Anyways... have fun...
Maginot Line
Maginot Line
Minion

Male Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:47 pm

KristallNacht wrote:its funny how Bill Clinton was impeached but left office with the highest approval ratings of any president, and bush stayed in and is leaving office with the lowest approval ratings of any president

Maybe that's because the economy was in good shape when Clinton left.
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:30 pm

Follow! Follow! FOLLOW! - Page 2 TrustCNN

You keep believing, Pie. It'll get you somewhere someday.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4541
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:40 pm

lol
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Spartan15 Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:56 pm

Rotaretilbo wrote:Follow! Follow! FOLLOW! - Page 2 TrustCNN

So how long do you have to be here not to be classed as a noob?
Spartan15
Spartan15
Minion

Male Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2009-01-12

http://www.halowars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:19 pm

doesn't matter how long to be classified as noob.

If your a noob your a noob no matter what.

Now Newb, you will not be after staying around and posting enough to be known by everyone.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7574
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:10 pm

Rotaretilbo wrote:Follow! Follow! FOLLOW! - Page 2 TrustCNN

Follow! Follow! FOLLOW! - Page 2 Foxnewssucks
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2