Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Breakup of the United States

+9
Rasq'uire'laskar
Toaster
Rotaretilbo
Maginot Line
Onyxknight
KrAzY
CivBase
PiEdude
Kasrkin Seath
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Breakup of the United States Empty The Breakup of the United States

Post by Kasrkin Seath Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:09 pm

Im sure you have all heard about this. If you have not:

RUSSIAN ANALYST PREDICTS DECLINE AND BREAKUP OF USA
Tue Nov 25 2008 09:04:22 ET

A leading Russian political analyst has said the economic turmoil in the United States has confirmed his long-held view that the country is heading for collapse, and will divide into separate parts.

Professor Igor Panarin said in an interview with the respected daily IZVESTIA published on Monday: "The dollar is not secured by anything. The country's foreign debt has grown like an avalanche, even though in the early 1980s there was no debt. By 1998, when I first made my prediction, it had exceeded $2 trillion. Now it is more than 11 trillion. This is a pyramid that can only collapse."

The paper said Panarin's dire predictions for the U.S. economy, initially made at an international conference in Australia 10 years ago at a time when the economy appeared strong, have been given more credence by this year's events.

When asked when the U.S. economy would collapse, Panarin said: "It is already collapsing. Due to the financial crisis, three of the largest and oldest five banks on Wall Street have already ceased to exist, and two are barely surviving. Their losses are the biggest in history. Now what we will see is a change in the regulatory system on a global financial scale: America will no longer be the world's financial regulator."

When asked who would replace the U.S. in regulating world markets, he said: "Two countries could assume this role: China, with its vast reserves, and Russia, which could play the role of a regulator in Eurasia."

Asked why he expected the U.S. to break up into separate parts, he said: "A whole range of reasons. Firstly, the financial problems in the U.S. will get worse. Millions of citizens there have lost their savings. Prices and unemployment are on the rise. General Motors and Ford are on the verge of collapse, and this means that whole cities will be left without work. Governors are already insistently demanding money from the federal center. Dissatisfaction is growing, and at the moment it is only being held back by the elections and the hope that Obama can work miracles. But by spring, it will be clear that there are no miracles."

Do you take this guy seriously?
If not, maybe you should. I mean, the Federal Goverment is agreeing with him.

The Pentagon is militarizing the US with 20,000 troops who will walk the streets in uniform AND armed, even though this is in direct violation of the Posse Comitatus Act, which states that troops cannot be used in Domestic Law Enforcement.

They say they are doing this to increase security and
respond to terrorism events
. I believe thats not what they are really for. If you have studied up on your history you will know that the only time that such quantities of troops are stationed within their own nation's borders is to do one thing: Quell opposition to the centralized state.

This is good and bad... while it would help keep the United states whole if there were signs of it breaking apart, it also sends the signal that we do not live in a world so free as which many have come to believe.

That is the end of my primary statement.
What are your thoughts?
Kasrkin Seath
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Male Number of posts : 3018
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

The Breakup of the United States Empty Re: The Breakup of the United States

Post by PiEdude Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:17 pm

Are you fucking kidding me?

When I first saw this thread, I thought it was BB screwing around.

Well anyway, this isn't true.
The National debt has been building up since WWII, and was not only $2 Trillion 10 years ago.
There's so much bullshit dripping out of this guy's mouth right now, I had to dowse my computer in Febrese to keep myself from puking.
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:18 pm

You know the funny thing? Germany had the same thing, only 500x worse.... right before WW2, when they took over all of Europe (with the exception of a few rogue Brits). Not exactly a breakup. Not that I think we will go all power hungry and invade Canada or anything The Breakup of the United States Paranoid
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:37 pm

I can see it happening... especially if we don't stop outscourcing jobs and giving away free money to those who CAN'T PAY IT BACK

the USA will never "split" tho... 911 showed us that we are a very proud nation who is overjoyed to stand together in times of crisis... what we need to do however is to close our fucking borders (at least SECURE them from illegal aliens)... stop giving free shit to illegal aliens who DON'T PAY TAXES... and stop outsourcing our fucking jobs.... oh yea... and how about we knock an eensie little bit of money off of fucking celebraties salaries... there are some people who get paid 10,000,000 dollars to read lines dramatically for a 2 hour movie... while someone who does an important job... like you know... a fucking teacher, gets paid less than 20,000 dollars a year.

oh yea... about that last point... we need to up our standards in school. India and China are statistacally smarter than us... but you know why kids here are so dumb? because they spend their whole fucking lives trying to figure out how to do one of those jobs that will make them super wealthy.

so our main problems

Immigrants
Celebraties
bad investments
generations becoming progressively dumber as teaching becomes a "backup" job
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3965
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:44 pm

KrAzY wrote:I can see it happening... especially if we don't stop outscourcing jobs and giving away free money to those who CAN'T PAY IT BACK

the USA will never "split" tho... 911 showed us that we are a very proud nation who is overjoyed to stand together in times of crisis... what we need to do however is to close our fucking borders (at least SECURE them from illegal aliens)... stop giving free shit to illegal aliens who DON'T PAY TAXES... and stop outsourcing our fucking jobs.... oh yea... and how about we knock an eensie little bit of money off of fucking celebraties salaries... there are some people who get paid 10,000,000 dollars to read lines dramatically for a 2 hour movie... while someone who does an important job... like you know... a fucking teacher, gets paid less than 20,000 dollars a year.

oh yea... about that last point... we need to up our standards in school. India and China are statistacally smarter than us... but you know why kids here are so dumb? because they spend their whole fucking lives trying to figure out how to do one of those jobs that will make them super wealthy.

so our main problems

Immigrants
Celebraties
bad investments
generations becoming progressively dumber as teaching becomes a "backup" job

China isn't one of those nations.

Their education is "Why Capitalism Failed", and "Why Mao can Never be Wrong".
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:21 pm

PiEdude wrote:China isn't one of those nations.

It's not capitalism that failed us Pie. It's all the extra crap the government is adding into capitalism. Things like well fare. Really, the only govt intervention that I approve of (that I can think of right off the bat) is minimum wage, and that only so long as it stays low.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:49 am

CivBase wrote:

It's not capitalism that failed us Pie. It's all the extra crap the government is adding into capitalism. Things like well fare. Really, the only govt intervention that I approve of (that I can think of right off the bat) is minimum wage, and that only so long as it stays low.
I was saying that China has a corrupt eduational system.

And we need welfare.
Yes, there are some who abuse the system, (I know some) but others desperately it. If someone loses their job to an illegal immigrant, or has it outsourced, it's not like they can just show that they're better workers.
They lose their jobs because immigrants, or Indians(in India) will do their same job for next to nothing pay-wise, and with no Union.

It's not quality, it's quantitiy(of money paid).
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyxknight Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:21 pm

*thinks back to WWII where some of our shit could only be made by us since we were heavily industrilazed*
Onyxknight
Onyxknight
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1833

Back to top Go down

Post by Maginot Line Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:04 pm

...The Breakup of the United States ConfederateFlag

...well...

No, I don't think the U.S. will split apart...if it does, I certainly don't think part of it will go to Russia...

The Russian scientist, Igor Panarin, is clearly out of his mind...like most Russians right now...

But, comrades, the Soviet Union will rise again, and when it does, sane minds will prevail!
Maginot Line
Maginot Line
Minion

Male Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:08 pm

I'm not sure whether or not to take comrade Igor seriously. I don't think breakup will have occurred in next two years, but I think it is possibility.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4541
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:43 am

I think the idea of the United States politically dividing itself on a state-to-state level is quite far-fetched. Today, there is a much different mentality towards the independence of a single state. It's not like it was in the 1800's.

In my opinion, marching the troops down the streets sounds like the worst of ideas. Sure, it may seem to work in the VERY short term, but the only thing I can really see it doing is provoking resistance.

It'd kinda be a slap to the face to anyone who feels uneasy about this nation's situation. I would like, if available, a link to any story about this marching of troops thing happening, as I have not heard of anything like it.

Maginot wrote:the Soviet Union will rise again

And with it so will Space travel...
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:50 am

Krazy wrote:a fucking teacher, gets paid less than 20,000 dollars a year.

Well, that's a bit of an exaggeration, but you've got the right Idea. I personally live in a pretty good area, so the teachers are payed well, and the average GPA is decent (in comparison,) so Public schooling can indeed be very successful.

The problem with low teacher salary is that when you're getting payed in such low quantities, you don't exactly have the utmost enthusiasm for what you do.

It seems thought, that schooling is more just a problem in the cities. Suburbs seem to have gotten in generally right.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:23 am

Don't forget to look at the flip side though. Raising saleries for jobs like that will also atract people with no expertiese or desire to exceede, they just want money. At least when it's low, the only people that will take the job are generaly those with a desire to teach.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:03 am

by your reasoning all of the people who are janitors at schools have a desire to mop up puke and clean up after kids

ive only had a couple of teachers that I knew wanted to be in school teaching... one even had an hour and a half commute to school every morning because his salary is so low that he can't afford to live in the annapolis area'

my school started at 7... so he was up at around 5 every morning
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3965

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:37 pm

KrAzY wrote:by your reasoning all of the people who are janitors at schools have a desire to mop up puke and clean up after kids

ive only had a couple of teachers that I knew wanted to be in school teaching... one even had an hour and a half commute to school every morning because his salary is so low that he can't afford to live in the annapolis area'

lol

But janitors don't have to go to school, do they?

I actually have several very good teachers in my school that want to be there.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:43 pm

I get up at 5....
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:17 pm

CivBase wrote:

Actually, China has a very good education system we should be using. Screw "art" and screw "Music". Those should be extracurricular events. Learn science, math, English, and history. Take a test in fifth grade. Did you pass? If not, you end up being a concession stand worker or a janitor. Fail the test in Eighth Grade? Congratulations: You go to a trade school. Graduate from High School? You get higher education and better job opportunities. But unless you graduate from High School, there go your dreams of becoming an actor or a professional football player.

KrAzY wrote:I can see it happening... especially if we don't stop outscourcing jobs and giving away free money to those who CAN'T PAY IT BACK
Bingo. There is a dangerous sense of entitlement in this country. Are you a 9-11 survivor, or a relative of someone deceased in 9-11? You get money! Same for the folks who got caught up in the Oklahoma City bombing.
And don't get me started on New Orleans. We get in there HOURS after the Hurricane hits, but the News Media makes a field day about how the federal government failed them. What about the State Government, which basically said "Screw you guys"? What about the local citizens who can't understand the simple phrase "Get out".

And now they want the Government to pay for cleanup, pay for housing, pay for everything, when it's THEIR fault that the levees broke, and THEIR FAULT that they are living in a BOWL LOWER THAN SEA LEVEL... SEVERAL MILES FROM THE OCEAN!
New Orleans is still a dump, people, and the citizens are complaining because the trailers contain certain levels of formaldehyde they don't have the ambition to move out.

I vote we get the National Guard to set up a perimeter around New Orleans, burn the perimeter with napalm and work our way inwards.

KrAzY wrote:what we need to do however is to close our fucking borders (at least SECURE them from illegal aliens)... stop giving free shit to illegal aliens who DON'T PAY TAXES... and stop outsourcing our fucking jobs....
My vote is we set the FBI to work rounding the illegals up and herding them into cattle trucks. Ship them back across the border and set up land mines and tank traps so they don't come back. Those who don't willingly come forward get branded with bar codes so we can easily identify them the next time around.

And we start bombing heroin fields in South America.

KrAzY wrote:oh yea... and how about we knock an eensie little bit of money off of fucking celebraties salaries... there are some people who get paid 10,000,000 dollars to read lines dramatically for a 2 hour movie... while someone who does an important job... like you know... a fucking teacher, gets paid less than 20,000 dollars a year.
Right. Put an education tax on 'commercial entertainment incomes'. If an actor gets paid more than 75,000 dollars to work on a movie... congratulations! 50% goes to Uncle Sam for education. Hell, is there any REAL reason Tom Cruise gets paid so much?

KrAzY wrote:oh yea... about that last point... we need to up our standards in school. India and China are statistacally smarter than us... but you know why kids here are so dumb? because they spend their whole fucking lives trying to figure out how to do one of those jobs that will make them super wealthy.
Don't forget that about three-fourths of their students are legally out of the education system by the time they are in high school. So all of our kids are only compared to the top 25% of their students.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2929

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:39 pm

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:
CivBase wrote:

Actually, China has a very good education system we should be using. Screw "art" and screw "Music". Those should be extracurricular events. Learn science, math, English, and history. Take a test in fifth grade. Did you pass? If not, you end up being a concession stand worker or a janitor. Fail the test in Eighth Grade? Congratulations: You go to a trade school. Graduate from High School? You get higher education and better job opportunities. But unless you graduate from High School, there go your dreams of becoming an actor or a professional football player.
So that explains why they have a very poor population and have so many people to manufacture goods...
Besides, they have such a huge population that they need more community workers (such as janitors and concession stand workers) because their population is so huge. But due to higher population, they don't need more artists and football players though.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:44 pm

Put an education tax on 'commercial entertainment incomes'.

50% goes to Uncle Sam for education.

herding them into cattle trucks

branded with bar codes

set up a perimeter around New Orleans

burn the perimeter with napalm and work our way inwards.

I pray you're being sarcastic, 'cause my god you sound like a soviet.

The one part I would Agree with you about is the "Screw art and music" part. Science and history need much improvement. I've had the scientific theory taught to me every year for the past 5 years and all I ever learn about in history is Early American History. Maybe if they taught us about relevant issues of the modern world (IE events of the past 100 years) We'd be a more aware populace.

I do find learning about world cultures and civilizations to be important as well, but for fuck's sake, I'm tired of hearing about Ben Franklin.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:49 pm

Recon, the Russian guy wasn't saying the entire US was going to break up into 50 different nations. I believe he was saying more along the lines of six different regions that would be controlled by other powers.

And Rasq, branding illegals with a bar code? That's friggin' genius! I can't believe I hadn't thought of that. What better way to discourage repeat border crossers? We set up the primary wall on the border, twenty feet high, ten feet underground, and ten feet thick, and then we put guard towers once each mile with mounted machine gun (providing both lessthanlethal and lethal ammunition), then we set up several layers of chain fences behind it to discourage tunneling, and finally, any illegals that do get through get branded. Meanwhile, I think the process to legal immigration should be streamlined ever so slightly (seven years is a bit lengthy to get into the country) and with the stream of illegals coming in cut off, legal immigration will be able to expand a bit more. I think a path for citizenship should be offered to illegals here, though. For children, if they do well enough in school, they can get citizenship (DREAM Act), and for the rest, they can join the military and serve their eight years (four active) and then become citizens.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4541
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:17 pm

ReconToaster wrote:
Put an education tax on 'commercial entertainment incomes'.

50% goes to Uncle Sam for education.

herding them into cattle trucks

branded with bar codes

set up a perimeter around New Orleans

burn the perimeter with napalm and work our way inwards.

I pray you're being sarcastic, 'cause my god you sound like a soviet.
I was sarcastic about the perimeter and cattle trucks, but I'm serious about the US needing to be beaten back into shape.

Also, I believe in strong controls over social issues and moderate controls over economics. Strictly speaking, that makes me fascist, not socialist. In my defense, I DO eschew a lot of Mussolini's doctrine.

Conversely, I also believe that the Federal Government has overstepped it's boundaries and has absorbed too much power from the states. So technically, that also makes me libertarian or something like that. Weird, no?

ReconToaster wrote:I do find learning about world cultures and civilizations to be important as well, but for fuck's sake, I'm tired of hearing about Ben Franklin.
Same here, but we covered ALL of US history in my last history class, not just the revolutionary period. Would like to know more about Europe...

Rotaretilbo wrote:
And Rasq, branding illegals with a bar code? That's friggin' genius! I can't believe I hadn't thought of that.
The idea was originally to capture people coming across the border, brand them, and deport them. I called it the "Catch 'em, Tag 'em, and Release 'em Back Into the Wild Plan."

Rotaretilbo wrote:What better way to discourage repeat border crossers?
Land mines and AUV gunships.

Rotaretilbo wrote:We set up the primary wall on the border, twenty feet high, ten feet underground, and ten feet thick, and then we put guard towers once each mile with mounted machine gun (providing both lessthanlethal and lethal ammunition), then we set up several layers of chain fences behind it to discourage tunneling,
I was watching the news yesterday, and it occurred to me that Israel has a pretty good fence in place. Why don't we buy one from them?

Rotaretilbo wrote:and finally, any illegals that do get through get branded.
Reward them for persistence...

Rotaretilbo wrote:For children, if they do well enough in school, they can get citizenship (DREAM Act), and for the rest, they can join the military and serve their eight years (four active) and then become citizens.
The one thing I disagree with is the whole "Automatic citizenship" you get when you are born here. If your parent's aren't citizens, I think you should get streamlined citizenship applications, and you have to take a test to earn it when you are old enough. But until then, you're not a citizen.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2929

Back to top Go down

Post by BBJynne Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:42 pm

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:eschew

I know what that word means Very Happy

and

your views sound a lot like my friend's...

almost exactly now that I think about it. O_o

@ recontoaster

I know lots of history
and I learned it in public school

AP classes ftw

BBJynne
The Lord's Blood Knight

Male Number of posts : 5059

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:06 pm

Rasq wrote:that makes me fascist

so..... I get flamed for attempting to call the bullshit on Noah's ark... but you openly state that you are "Fascist" and it's A-OK?
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasrkin Seath Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:11 pm

DOWN WITH FASCISM!!!!
Kasrkin Seath
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Male Number of posts : 3018
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:19 pm

The only thing about building the wall is, with no illegals, who the fuck is gonna build it?

I say, we have them build the wall, then say, "Hey, it looks good on this side. Why don't you go around and see how it looks on the other side?"
Then, when they go, close the gates.
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next