Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hacking

3 posters

Go down

Hacking Empty Hacking

Post by CivBase Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:56 pm

What is it in your guys' opinions?

I don't consider anything to be hacking unless it uses some form of malware. Likewise, I wouldn't consider making new accounts on the schools computers in order to gain administrative privileges and remotely logging out or shutting down other computers to be hacking either, so long as there is no malware involved.

The reason I want to know is because I am constantly correcting my friends when they say I 'hack'. Just seeing how accurate I am in the general POV. (not that this would ever come in handy should the school catch on to what I do)
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Hacking Empty Re: Hacking

Post by BBJynne Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:47 pm

hacking (to most people) is using computers to do something you're not supposed to do

since I've never hacked i don't know what it really is

BBJynne
The Lord's Blood Knight

Male Number of posts : 5059
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:12 pm

Unless you're well versed in the programing languages of HTML/Java script/C++/ and other network security codes, you are not a hacker.

I can make a batch file that will completely destroy everything on your computer and shut it down. I still don't consider myself a hacker.

Someone who simply takes advantage of obvious loopholes is not a hacker, but rather just very slightly clever.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:17 pm

Agreed. lol, batch files are fun to make, but I never have a use for them. Nothing I ever do needs to be automated.... And I know very mild HTML, and no java scripting... but I don't see how either would be effective when hacking. Unless, of course, you're talking about hacking over the internet, something I never quite understood. I've always been interested in learning C++, but never took the time nor effort to do so.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:21 pm

Yeah, I guess I'm more just referring to network hacking. Still, you need to be well versed to do any real hacking of any kind. Simply creating an administrator's account is no feat.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:24 pm

Precisely.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot