Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Iron Lady is dead.

4 posters

Go down

The Iron Lady is dead. Empty The Iron Lady is dead.

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:21 pm

Going to be interesting to hear Vigil's thoughts.

Well, don't know a whole lot about British politics, but she broke up powerful unions and tried to disestablish the British welfare state, both of which are positions that I usually agree with.
But let's not let that get in the way of the humor.

The Iron Lady is dead. 755758626

-"Looking forward to hearing about who found all the horcruxes" - Frankie Boyle

-"Thatchers been in hell for more than 20 minutes and she has already shut down 3 furnaces." - Someone on Youtube

-"Just seen the plans for Thatcher's grave. Beautiful really, but I think they should have made the dancefloor bigger." - Twitter

Don't worry, Cher fans. We ain't that lucky.

Last edited by Rasq'uire'laskar on Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2929
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

The Iron Lady is dead. Empty Re: The Iron Lady is dead.

Post by Lord Pheonix Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:57 pm

All I really know about her is that they made a movie about her that looked like the biggest fucking Emmy Bait that i've ever seen in my entire life.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7574
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:20 pm

That video is great.

"How much is the funeral?"

"3 million"

"wut? fo tree myllion weuh cud give erry blok a shuvel ahn digg a hule suo dheep thut weuh cud hahn hur ohvur to shatan phersonally"
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7574
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:26 am

I suppose I should speak about this, given the woman was one of the most divisive leaders in my country's recent memory (Until Tony Blair dies.... any time now Tony).

Unfortunately I was born just around the tail end of her political career, so I have no strong memories about her as she was before my time. As for what she did in power? Like many politicians she had her triumphs and her failures. I do agree somewhat with her Union stance as at the time they were completely strangling growth here, and they needed to curbed.

I think here Right to buy scheme was a terrible idea as it gave incentive for people in local council homes to sell their properties to the private sector and is the main reason why we have such a huge housing crisis in London today.

I also think her decision destroy all our manufacturing and turn us into a country that's economy is based mainly on the finnacial sector was a bad move, as it gave no safety net when the 'greed is good' culture there lead us to the banking crisis which other European countries like Germany had which is why they've been more stable than us.

So to me she was a mixed bag and honestly I don't have any strong feelings for her in either direction, which is why I find it insane that people my age or younger are angry/celebrating her death as we weren't around when she was in power.

A 3 million cost for a state funeral (I know they tried to say it wasn't, but it was) when the UK is supposedly in Austerity makes no sense and I get why people are angry about it. It really should of been a private thing. But on the other hand she was our first (and possibly last?) Female Prime Minister and left a huge impact on this country, so I get the need to have a funeral like that.

Overall the whole thing has left me oddly conflicted and indifferent, as while I get she played a major role in shaping the country I live in today, her influence was felt long before I even was able to be concious of it, so I have little reaction to it.
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny tim Fri May 10, 2013 8:07 pm

That's the amazingly wise Vigil I remember.

tiny tim
Crimson Cripple

Male Number of posts : 1762
Registration date : 2009-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down