Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Valve looking to make Half-Life or Portal Movie.

+4
Nocbl2
Vtrooper
Rotaretilbo
Vigil
8 posters

Go down

Valve looking to make Half-Life or Portal Movie. Empty Valve looking to make Half-Life or Portal Movie.

Post by Vigil Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:48 pm

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/06/newell-valve-looking-to-make-portal-or-half-life-move-with-j-j/

With J.J. Abrams no less. I have no idea how he's going to find the time direct the next Star Trek film, the next Star Wars film and now a Half-life or Portal movie.
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Valve looking to make Half-Life or Portal Movie. Empty Re: Valve looking to make Half-Life or Portal Movie.

Post by Rotaretilbo Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:46 pm

Very Happy
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4541
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Valve looking to make Half-Life or Portal Movie. Empty Re: Valve looking to make Half-Life or Portal Movie.

Post by Vtrooper Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:10 pm

Now that story on my Breaking News app makes sense.

I guess we'll wait and see how this plays out.
Vtrooper
Vtrooper
Crimson Henchmen

Male Number of posts : 2885
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:54 pm

Oh, J.J.

Of course, that also means it will be good.
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:06 pm

That article indirectly implied that if there were a Half-Life/Portal movie, then it would be used as almost a prequel for more information for a future project - a game.

This implies that they're either going to make a game after Half-Life 3, or that the movie that they've just started considering is to come before Half-Life 3 (which would be possible as it'll inevitably be both about Half-Life and Portal). I don't know how I would feel if a movie came out before the 3rd Half-Life.

Anyways, I sure hope they're making a movie for the right reasons. Valve doesn't seem like they do things for nothing, or for pure profit. Valve actually cares to deliver the best product on the market, so this kind of announcement is interesting. I would assume that Valve want's this movie for a reason different than say... Halo wanted a movie.

Question: Assuming this follows Gordon Freeman, how do you deal with his muteism?

In hindsight, I think the movie wouldn't actually follow Gordon so much as reference him. I think it would be in the same setting, but about different characters. Hell, it could even follow Dr. Mossmans adventures discovering Borealis.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoon9105 Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:05 am

Portal and Halflife are more or less in the same universe so its not either or.

I would like it if they decided to do something with Shepherd from opposing force as he arguably did just as much as Gordon did in the time had. He also makes more sense for movie goers as a protagonist being a trained commando and all and not a scientist with a degree in crowbars and block puzzles. Razz
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:36 am

Does he die at the end of OpFor?

If not, then maybe. For some reason I get the feeling it would occur during or immediately after the events of HL 2 and episodes.
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:50 am

Could show the fight of the Resistance fighting against the Combine and center around Alyx trying to save humanity.

Goes through a whole adventure and saves Earth from some kind of threat before getting a call saying she needs to go City 17 and save an unarmed civilian from some Combine Police.

I like Gordon Freeman but not talking AT ALL with a ton of characters surrounding him talking to him would be a weird and bad thing to watch.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7574
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:31 pm

Isn't this J.J. Abrams' default state? Having six or seven irons in the fire at the same time?
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2929
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:20 pm

He's only directed three movies though. Super 8, Star Trek and Mission Impossible 3.

Those movies were all alright, but not like super awesome or anything. I'm wondering how the hell he gets the role of making a fucking STAR WARS movie after having basically not made anything of this magnitude.

And why the hell isn't Joss Whedon making Star Wars? He's proved himself of being able to handle a huge movie with multiple big characters who each have their own unique character along with large and epic fights happening. He's proven himself a capable director of a franchise like SW and I just don't see J.J Abrams as having earned it.

For this topics movie though Abrams said that he can push back Star Wars past it's deadline if possible. He WILL NOT rush a fucking STAR WARS film just because a deadline is coming up. It can be pushed back for Episode VII.

Gabe has also proven himself willing to put Half Life on hold if needed.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7574
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:23 pm

Gauz wrote:That article indirectly implied that if there were a Half-Life/Portal movie, then it would be used as almost a prequel for more information for a future project - a game.

This implies that they're either going to make a game after Half-Life 3, or that the movie that they've just started considering is to come before Half-Life 3 (which would be possible as it'll inevitably be both about Half-Life and Portal). I don't know how I would feel if a movie came out before the 3rd Half-Life.

Are we reading the same article? Because I didn't get that vibe at all from the article. It just said that Gaben and JJ Abrams were trolling one another, and said trolling led to them wanting to make a movie together.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4541
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:30 pm

Lord Pheonix wrote:He's only directed three movies though. Super 8, Star Trek and Mission Impossible 3.

Those movies were all alright, but not like super awesome or anything. I'm wondering how the hell he gets the role of making a fucking STAR WARS movie after having basically not made anything of this magnitude.

And why the hell isn't Joss Whedon making Star Wars? He's proved himself of being able to handle a huge movie with multiple big characters who each have their own unique character along with large and epic fights happening. He's proven himself a capable director of a franchise like SW and I just don't see J.J Abrams as having earned it.

For this topics movie though Abrams said that he can push back Star Wars past it's deadline if possible. He WILL NOT rush a fucking STAR WARS film just because a deadline is coming up. It can be pushed back for Episode VII.

Gabe has also proven himself willing to put Half Life on hold if needed.

I honestly felt that Joss Whedon would be a better choice for the Portal/Half-life because of his understanding and ability to pull of the humor in either setting, as his done in the past and this would be especially helpful for making a film around Portal. He also known how to write virtually-mute badass female characters (Serenity) and is a nerd favorite, while JJ is a lot more mixed.

I'll be interested to see what Abrams does with it, but I'll probably not make any snap judgement until Star Trek into Darkness comes out, because if he's going to do what I think he going to do.... A lot of people are going to be very very angry at him.
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down