Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting Banned: The Quick and Easy Way!

+13
Divine Virus
Gauz
Felix
Ascendant Justice
Rotaretilbo
KrAzY
Rasq'uire'laskar
KristallNacht
A_Bearded_Swede
Angatar
JumpingJet
BBJynne
Ringleader
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Getting Banned: The Quick and Easy Way! Empty Getting Banned: The Quick and Easy Way!

Post by Ringleader Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:44 pm

Would have posted this sooner if I checked my inbox more often,

A PM sent to me by Krazy after the Art Contest fiasco and my response:

three things you did wrong here

one- You insulted the admin of the website you were trying to post it on. currently I am the only reason you havn't been banned from this website, since there was a unanimous vote from all of the mods to do so. I was the only one who said no on the issue.

Well, majority rule, if they really think that, then let them.

How did I insult you again? By not allowing you from competing when you unnecessarily voiced a dissenting opinion for no reason? What wording did I use that directly insulted you?

After you posted your edifying retorts, I was more then obliged to remove you from the contest...

this is a kind of boring art contest
^Thank you so much for saying this...
theres no artistic merit about a bunch of people coming up with texh sheets about guns.... theres not really any artistic merit of designing a gun for a universe with a pre-established visual theme anyways....
You know? I didn't care HOW stick figury the guns turn out or even if like, 2 people drew anything, I just wanted someone to do SOMETHING.
doing what is basically fanart for a game that I already think has an unpleasent aesthetic is not an art contest.
...Krazy already thinks it, I guess we can't really do anything now.
and you can't bar me from competeing RL
Why not? I mean, it's my contest right? I can set it up however I wan't right? Why not?

You can set up your contest and bar me from competing, and I wouldn't care, why is this such a big deal to you?
for one I don't want to compete in a boring competition
Yeah, no kidding, you don't want anyone else to compete either, that's why you verbally boycotted it for all to see.
if I was barred from competing this topic would be locked and tossed in the garbage section.
Wow, um, way to completely fly off the handles there.

Do any of these comments strike you as particularly constructive or necessary?

You actually didn't have to say anything at all and make your own perfect art contest, or discuss it privately via PM, like what the Admin is supposed to do...

Come to think of it, why didn't you make an art contest right after locking mine? I thought it's part of your job to organize community events and stuff, I'm surprised we hadn't already had an art contest...

two- banning one of the only artists on the website from the competition, again your running into an issue here since I am the admin.

Actually, it's my 10 dollars, so, I mean, I can flush them down the toilet if I wanted to.

Barring you from competing is the polite way of removing you from the competition, I could have simply allowed you to compete and then not chose you as winner no matter how qualifying your entry.

Also, I don't CARE if your 'one of the only artists on the website', that doesn't really matter. Your entry is just as valid as anyone else's, step down from thy high horse Don Quixote before you asphyxiate from the lack of oxygen up there.

Plus, I doubt you would have entered anything anyway, so...

three- your art contest was not artistic and you know it, next time you run one make it broader so that more people will want to participate, or I will lock it again.

What are you talking about? People don't at all have to participate in the contest if they don't want to! If you wanted to make a broader contest, just make one yourself! It's as artistic as people make it, if you can't see any areas to explore within predefined design, that's entirely on you. It beats the heck out of... absolutely NO contests at all right? I could make an entire GALLERY of mass effect heavy weapons, all unique, and all fitting the design memes, I should just to illustrate my point.

Ohhh, because it's a design contest and not an ART contest... Hey, how about next time, just PM me to change the title of the thread if semantics are really that important. I'm sure most everyone couldn't figure out what the heck was going on when I said 'art' and not 'design'.

Christ's sake... 'make it broader so that more people will want to participate, or I will lock it again.' = 'Make it the way I want it to be or I will lock it, you have to know what I am thinking it should be because I can only be retroactive in my criticisms and suggestions... NO, I can't make it myself, you have to make it the way I want it after I tell you how it should be!'

if you send me a highly worded sarcastic response to this PM, I will not read it and then I will ban you on the spot. Understand?

Don't threaten me, if your going to ban me, actually come up with a good reason to do so, other then "You didn't give me a chance to win your 10 dollars." and "Your contest isn't as general as I want it to be!"

Your handing of this whole situation has been embarrassing and pathetic, over something as stupid as an art contest, you lock it for being sore about getting what you deserved and tell me your going to ban me.

So then go right on ahead and ban me.

I guess this means goodbye,

So long everyone!
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Getting Banned: The Quick and Easy Way! Empty Re: Getting Banned: The Quick and Easy Way!

Post by BBJynne Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:15 pm

posting in a thread before it gets deleted

BBJynne
The Lord's Blood Knight

Male Number of posts : 5059
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Getting Banned: The Quick and Easy Way! Empty Re: Getting Banned: The Quick and Easy Way!

Post by JumpingJet Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:30 pm

Wow Krazy, That was really pathetic.

If this thread gets deleted then that really is even more pathetic...

Not the best word choice right now.
-Bacon

*Edit*Actually I apologize I didn't know the whole story.

JumpingJet
JumpingJet
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1269
Registration date : 2009-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:36 pm

There's a reason it was sent in a private message.
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by JumpingJet Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:00 pm

JumpingJet wrote:Wow Krazy, That was really pathetic.

If this thread gets deleted then that really is even more pathetic...

Not the best word choice right now.
-Bacon

*Edit*Actually I apologize I didn't know the whole story.

Come again Bacon?
JumpingJet
JumpingJet
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1269
Registration date : 2009-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Bearded_Swede Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:06 pm

Pm.
A_Bearded_Swede
A_Bearded_Swede
Crimson Chef

Male Number of posts : 1743
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:54 pm

inb4 404
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Getting Banned: The Quick and Easy Way! Empty At the Funeral

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:38 pm

*Hauls himself up to podium*

Wow. I guess I never thought I'd be up here, doing something like this. I guess I could say we're all here to remember Ringleader, but we all know that. I mean, if any of you didn't know that, you wouldn't be here.
And of course, I know that you know that, and pointing this all out is completely red-

*Dodges champagne glass.*

OK, I'll cut to the point.
Ringleader was... complicated. You know, there was a lot of times where you felt like pulling to the side of the road, reaching across him to open the passenger door, and then asking him if he'd prefer to walk. Of course, I don't think anyone here ever got around to doing that. I know I didn't; there was always somebody tailgating me.
So hey, I'm defensive about my car. I like her. Who isn't?

I'd say that Ringleader's second biggest fault is that he could never come to terms with the idea that he might, just might, be wrong. We all argued with him at one point in time, even when we were ostentatiously on the same side. I don't know. There's some times where he could have won just by backing down, but he never did. There's times when he could have taken the criticism on his art, but took it personally instead.
Maybe if he'd learned at an earlier age how to deal with adversity, he would have been a better artist and a better man. Who knows?

His absolutely biggest fault, probably related to the first one, is that he always picked the wrong wars to fight. You know, he was like a chihuahua growling at a rottweiler, always with someone who had the ability to kick him around or kick him off.
First it was with people championing his side, then it was with admins, and it only went downhill from there. I remember this time when he was driving and I was in the passenger seat, and he got pulled over. So the cop comes up and asks him if he knows what he was pulled over for. Ringleader's response was to demand the cop's badge number, the serial number of the cop's radar gun, and argue that the speed limit on the road was not clearly marked.
And here I am, in the passenger seat, slowly banging my head against the dash. Anybody else ever end up in a situation like that? KrAzY? Vigil? No? Let me tell you, you want to reach over and smack some sense into him, but you laugh about it afterward.
So, yeah. After forum admins and police, I guess grizzly bears were the next, and final, step. After much deliberation, we decided on an open-casket funeral here. After everyone is done speaking, we're going to form a line so you can walk past the casket, pay your last respects, whatever. If you don't think you can handle it, feel free to stay in your seats.

And really, it's 'last respects' for a reason. No poking the eyes, prodding the face until he looks constipated, and no urinating in the casket. I'm looking at you, NT. Yeah, I see all those martinis you're guzzling. You honestly think I don't know you're planning anything?

So, whose next?
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2929
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:44 pm

Ringleader has been banned for 2 weeks

PM's are there for a reason RL. if you ever post a PM I send to you in public again, the ban will be IP, and it will be permanent
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3965

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:59 pm

I see both sides, here. As far as the contest goes, RL has the right to make it as narrow and unartistic as he wants, since he's forking up the prize. But on the other, you can't host competitions with cash prizes and just disallow certain people, especially if they're likely to win, from entering. Also, ya, way to take the private out of PM.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4541
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:01 pm

I love this site so much!
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2136
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:06 pm

I never knew much about RL. In fact, we hardly ever spoke to one another. But deep down, I knew I had this feeling inside of me. Now that he is gone, I don't know how else to say this other than this.

I had a deep burning hatred for this man. And now that he is gone, I don't know who could take his place for the next two weeks.

Here's to you RL. *raises glass*

Anyone else?
Felix
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:06 pm

I didn't know Rasq knew Ringleader for reals.

Anyway, I hope he doesn't get perma-banned. I think he's kinda cool
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:15 pm

Matter of time I suppose. Everyone already said what's on my mind too...

Rotaretilbo wrote:I see both sides, here. As far as the contest goes, RL has the right to make it as narrow and unartistic as he wants, since he's forking up the prize. But on the other, you can't host competitions with cash prizes and just disallow certain people, especially if they're likely to win, from entering. Also, ya, way to take the private out of PM.
Yes. Especially the "see both sides" part.

Gauz wrote:I didn't know Rasq knew Ringleader for reals.
Getting Banned: The Quick and Easy Way! Ditto
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 3125
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:48 pm

Gauz wrote:I didn't know Rasq knew Ringleader for reals.
Ach, nein, I don't. I was just having fun there. A LOT of fun.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:56 pm

Ditto has fainted!
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 3125
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:20 am

wow...srsly?

people didn't get you were joking around?

and rasq! what ever happened to the 'unholy demon of flame' speech you made about me on HWF?
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:11 am

Phew. Ugh, no more mustard gas space ODSTs... or was that Zaki?
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:13 am

KristallNacht wrote:wow...srsly?

people didn't get you were joking around?

and rasq! what ever happened to the 'unholy demon of flame' speech you made about me on HWF?
I still have it, in some shape or form. Not something I'm proud of, so it'd take a while to dig up.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:58 am

Nocbl2 wrote:Phew. Ugh, no more mustard gas space ODSTs... or was that Zaki?

I believe that was Zaki. Razz
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4541
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RX Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:23 pm

Rasq, I'm hiring you to speak at my wedding, funeral and so on.
RX
RX
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1958
Registration date : 2008-12-12

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:32 pm

im going to go ahed and lock this thread

but be warned, push my buttons and I will not hesitate to ban people, and putting things like this out in the open for all to see will just make your ban a public issue instead of a private one as well as make the duration of the ban more severe (I was going to only ban him for a day or two before I saw he had posted this)

KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:54 pm

except for me.

Im never locked out
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7574
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:56 pm

Felix wrote:
I had a deep burning hatred for this man. And now that he is gone, I don't know who could take his place for the next two weeks.

used to be that was a feeling reserved for NT lol
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7574
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:07 pm

of course your never locked out Pheonix
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum