Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Halo CE Remake coming this November

+19
Gold Spartan
Angatar
Kasrkin Seath
Ascendant Justice
Onyxknight
Divine Virus
KristallNacht
A_Bearded_Swede
dragoon9105
Vtrooper
TNine
CivBase
Rasq'uire'laskar
PiEdude
Ringleader
Gauz
laxspartan007
KrAzY
Vigil
23 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Halo CE Remake coming this November Empty Halo CE Remake coming this November

Post by Vigil Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:38 am

Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Halo CE Remake coming this November Empty Re: Halo CE Remake coming this November

Post by KrAzY Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:50 am

this could be cool

it could also suck

I hope they don't change it too much, as personally some of the astetic choices from the later games I did not like as much as in the original
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3965
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Halo CE Remake coming this November Empty Re: Halo CE Remake coming this November

Post by laxspartan007 Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:04 pm

online multiplayer, also mucho milking of halo, but id like to play online with it...ORIGINAL ASSULT RIFLE BITCHES!!!
laxspartan007
laxspartan007
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1272
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:29 pm

I really liked how Halo CE looked, plain and simple. However, if they keep the plot almost entirely the same with the only changes to the art direction and perhaps game mechanics, I dont think it'll be bad.

Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:39 pm

Rasq, am I authorized to throw up my intestines in my lap now? This is good though, because Microsoft will destroy Halo, and then Bungie will be destroyed by Activision, so the series can be ended sooner, which is much better then later. Master Chief WILL have armor lock, and they WILL have Rhino's in game, as something you can use to blow up shield bubble spires like in Halo Wars/Reach.

Krazy, how come your never on xfire anymore? Are you really busy or something?
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:01 pm

I propose a complete copy/paste of the plot/dialogue/weapon mechanics/enemy placement/Johnson's Awesomesauce, and change only the game engine and update the graphics.

But aside from that everything must be the same.
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:22 pm

^Too bad there going to do the exact opposite of that.

It's OK though, because these newer kids that got birthed out after we did, the ones that were playing with blocks and Lincoln logs when the first Halo came out will love this remake, because it's gonna have SPRINT™, DMRs™ and ARMOR LOCK™.

For crying out loud, it's not even the Reach engine, I bet it's going to look worse. When we play this game, our generation will collectively exhale in contempt, like if they went back and remade Raiders of the Lost Ark to sell it to kids. Pie, I seriously would give my left arm if they did that, but let's be realistic, Microsoft is going to screw it up, there's no possible way they can't screw it up. When it does come out (even if these guys cancel it, like the Halo movies(s), someone else is going to do it eventually), were going to scratch our heads and wish we did something to stop Microsoft and their bitch company from ruining art.

We have a chance now to say "No Microsoft, Fuck you, fuck everything you've done, stop doing things and retire, distribute your billions of dollars evenly and move to Costa Rica where you can die in peace."
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:12 pm

I am never on xfire because I spend maybe 4 hours a day at my dorm

and those are sleeping
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:39 pm

Sigh... you know, I would have brought this up when I first heard about it, but I figured everyone's reactions would be like Ringleaders.

That said, I call tricky buggers on this one.
-It not being handled in-house by 343i already makes it suspicious to me. As far as I know, 343i is set up to become a developer, so they don't need to contract it out, na?
-Not using Reach's engine is nonsense. Bungie was bragging about how the engine was built from ground up to be used for future games. Going to the trouble and expense of building a new game engine? Ridiculous! Are you going to equip a warship's AI with an encyclopedic knowledge of troop deployments, weapons research, and Human history next?

Even though I don't think this is going to happen, and I think it's a bad idea overall, I have faith in the ability of people besides Bungie to faithfully reproduce Halo: CE. I did, after all, grow up on Halo PC.

With any luck, any such overhaul will be released for PC as well, and give the Halo modding community new tools to work with.

Finally, I wish I had KrAzY's metabolism, if he's still functioning after a month of 4-hour sleep per day. Your E-mail is still Maluck at dgcomic, right?
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2929

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:14 pm

-Great
-Good
-Average
-Bad
-Very Bad
-Fuck
-Crystal Skull

Joystiq has learned that the previously rumored remake of Halo: Combat Evolved will indeed launch this holiday season for Xbox 360 with a full visual overhaul. Sources explain that the re-release is not Bungie's 2001 Xbox game simply running at a higher resolution -- it's being remade with new art assets. While Halo's audio will likely remain unaltered, the controls will allow for more recent Halo configurations.

The Halo: Combat Evolved remake is allegedly being developed by New Jersey-based Saber Interactive, the company behind TimeShift and Namco's upcoming Inversion, but we've been unable to confirm the nature of the engine powering it. We understand that it's something other than the Reach engine.

The Halo: Combat Evolved update, one of two Halo games currently in development under the watchful eye of 343 Industries, is expected to support 1080p resolution and 3D televisions. Details on multiplayer are supposedly still being worked out, but we understand the remake will likely feature online co-op (the original game supported two-player split-screen co-op).

The game is expected to re-evolve on November 15, 2011, ten years after Halo: Combat Evolved launched alongside the Xbox. Our sources didn't know of any plans to similarly upgrade the recently disconnected Halo 2, but it's hard to imagine Microsoft playing favorites with its biggest franchise.

Sigh... you know, I would have brought this up when I first heard about it, but I figured everyone's reactions would be like Ringleaders.
Because no one else here wants Halo ruined, which it undoubtedly what 343i, Saber Interactive, or whoever Microsoft contracted to sell this game to a new generation with lower expectations will do.

Watch, WATCH it be rated Teen...

Even though I don't think this is going to happen, and I think it's a bad idea overall, I have faith in the ability of people besides Bungie to faithfully reproduce Halo: CE. I did,
Your faith is misplaced. Halo was unique and Bungie itself barely managed to retain it's core elements throughout the series, the temptation to optimize these game's profits over keeping stuff the same was too great for M$ to resist, for he who pays the piper, calls the tune, and Microsoft is generally not good at calling tunes.

after all, grow up on Halo PC.
Then you should know exactly why what you said prior to this statement cannot be.

I grew up with halo PC too, I love that game, and I still play it on occasion when I'm not busy with work or school. The point I'm trying to make is that it's basically a work of art, a masterpiece that really can't get much better then how it is now. Disenfranchising the series for a quick buck is really really low, and If I worked for Bungie, and I knew this would happen, I would make sure to completely kill off the series before someone else like 343i got a hold of it.

It's shameful to see someone else destroy/discredit your life's work in a matter of months.
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:38 pm

By "new art assets", they better not mean "we're re-making the game the way WE thought it should have looked"

Why do they need a new engine? Why? Seriously? Why make a new engine for EVERY game? Valve makes billions of games on a single engine and their games are GREAT. WHY!? Halo: Reach's engine is perfectly fine if all they're interested in doing is a visual overhaul.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:43 pm

New engine would mean no button glitches, making CQB shallow.

Someone here has to worry about the competetive merit. Most competetive players would rather have CE than the Holy Grail, so i'm kinda siked to try this out.
TNine
TNine
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1200
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:48 pm

CivBase wrote:By "new art assets", they better not mean "we're re-making the game the way WE thought it should have looked"
http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s06e09-free-hat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFxuuByoyZE

Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Vtrooper Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:54 pm

well, its official, we are all screwed

well we all knew the series that brought us all together was gonna get fucked up anyways yes?
Vtrooper
Vtrooper
Crimson Henchmen

Male Number of posts : 2885
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Vtrooper Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:00 pm

Ringleader wrote:
CivBase wrote:By "new art assets", they better not mean "we're re-making the game the way WE thought it should have looked"
http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s06e09-free-hat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFxuuByoyZE

Commentary gives me an idea, we need South Park on the Old School Halo players side
Vtrooper
Vtrooper
Crimson Henchmen

Male Number of posts : 2885
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:26 am

what a lot of eople dont realize is that a lot of the aesthetic choices in Halo 2 that got carried on to 3 and reach were the result of lack of time and a rushed development cycle.

and Rasq, every couple of days I have to crash for 8-12 hours.... yesterday I did 16 after 3 full all nighters
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:46 am

Ringleader wrote:^Too bad there going to do the exact opposite of that.
Proof, please.

Ringleader wrote:It's OK though, because these newer kids that got birthed out after we did, the ones that were playing with blocks and Lincoln logs when the first Halo came out will love this remake, because it's gonna have SPRINT™, DMRs™ and ARMOR LOCK™.
As much as I prefer AA over equipment, it's kinda hard to go back to the older Halos without Sprint.

Ringleader wrote:Rasq, am I authorized to throw up my intestines in my lap now?
Yes, you don't need my permission to do that. But please, cover your computer with a plastic sheet first. This isn't worth ruining a $500 dollar machine over.

Ringleader wrote:Master Chief WILL have armor lock, and they WILL have Rhino's in game, as something you can use to blow up shield bubble spires like in Halo Wars/Reach.
Yeah, instead of judging it before we even know for sure if it's not a rumor, I'll wait until I see screenshots of the new game, alright?

Ringleader wrote:
Because no one else here wants Halo ruined, which it undoubtedly what 343i, Saber Interactive, or whoever Microsoft contracted to sell this game to a new generation with lower expectations will do.

Halo is one of the franchises I thought was rated too harshly in the first place. I mean, c'mon. There's blood, but it isn't red. Nobody cares about it if it isn't red.

That said, I doubt rating it lower will have any impact on the people who play it. Multiplayer is already awash with 13-year-old shriekers.

Ringleader wrote:
Even though I don't think this is going to happen, and I think it's a bad idea overall, I have faith in the ability of people besides Bungie to faithfully reproduce Halo: CE. I did,
Your faith is misplaced. Halo was unique and Bungie itself barely managed to retain it's core elements throughout the series, the temptation to optimize these game's profits over keeping stuff the same was too great for M$ to resist, for he who pays the piper, calls the tune, and Microsoft is generally not good at calling tunes.
They're not exactly creating something new. They're basically imitating the old version with new technology/higher graphics. It's easier to imitate than to innovate, and the Halo PC and Halo 2 Vista were ported rather well, DRM issues with Halo 2 Vista notwithstanding.

Ringleader wrote:
Then you should know exactly why what you said prior to this statement cannot be.

I grew up with halo PC too, I love that game, and I still play it on occasion when I'm not busy with work or school. The point I'm trying to make is that it's basically a work of art, a masterpiece that really can't get much better then how it is now. Disenfranchising the series for a quick buck is really really low, and If I worked for Bungie, and I knew this would happen, I would make sure to completely kill off the series before someone else like 343i got a hold of it.
Definitions of "Disenfranchising" aside, the story of Halo: CE and the visuals were spectacular. But it wasn't as perfect of a game as you say. Ghosts couldn't hit stationary targets past 15 meters, or so it seemed. The only way to run over an enemy with the Ghost was to park it right on top of them. Hunters provided precisely ZERO challenge to face (I mean, did anyone ELSE resort to beating them with a plasma pistol for a challenge?)

The physics and encounters were often fun, and I sincerely hope this remains unchanged. But lets not go put Halo: CE up on a pedestal as an example of something that cannot be, under any circumstances, better.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2929

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoon9105 Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:08 pm

Ringleader wrote:
Joystiq has learned that the previously rumored remake of Halo: Combat Evolved will indeed launch this holiday.
You see red, i'm seeing green here.

Ringleader wrote:
season for Xbox 360 with a full visual overhaul..
What would you expect.

Ringleader wrote:
[/u] Sources explain that the re-release is not Bungie's 2001 Xbox game simply running at a higher resolution -- it's being remade with new art assets. While Halo's audio will likely remain unaltered, the controls will allow for more recent Halo configurations..
Ok lets explain this for you, what they mean by not simply running at a higher resolution they mean that it is being remade with new art assets, keeping the original halo soundtrack and more modern controls. all good things in the right direction [/quote]

Ringleader wrote:
The Halo: Combat Evolved remake is allegedly being developed by New Jersey-based Saber Interactive,the company behind TimeShift and Namco's upcoming Inversion

Lets give a reminder here, they are remaking a game not making it. For all we know all they are adding is multiplayer and forge.

Ringleader wrote:
[/u][/color] but we've been unable to confirm the nature of the engine powering it. We understand that it's something other than the Reach engine.
How is this bad? there are plenty of other good engines out there, Crytec's engine, the unreal engine, source, the list goes on.

Ringleader wrote:
The Halo: Combat Evolved update, one of two Halo games
2 halo games, in development, again how is this bad, you know you look like an jerk if they are both phenomal right? give em a chance stop being closed minded

Ringleader wrote:
[/color] currently in development under the watchful eye of 343 Industries, is expected to support 1080p resolution and 3D televisions. Details on multiplayer are supposedly still being worked out, but we understand the remake will likely feature online co-op (the original game supported two-player split-screen co-op).

does online co-op not get a color, may i approve purple for the color list for F***ing awesome?.

Ringleader wrote:
The game is expected to re-evolve on November 15, 2011, ten years after Halo: Combat Evolved launched alongside the Xbox. Our sources didn't know of any plans to similarly upgrade the recently disconnected Halo 2, but it's hard to imagine Microsoft playing favorites with its biggest franchise.
not much to say about this, A Plan to remake halo 2?. so what, that gives them 2 chances to get a halo remake right instead of just one.

Ringleader wrote:
I grew up with halo PC too, I love that game, and I still play it on occasion when I'm not busy with work or school. The point I'm trying to make is that it's basically a work of art, a masterpiece that really can't get much better then how it is now. Disenfranchising the series for a quick buck is really really low, .

Halo CE on the Xbox came out first you know.
I played halo since launch on the Xbox, and it was by no means perfect, good game, but its not some sort of god game like your making it out to be. There is no such thing as a 'perfect' game. Besides microsoft isn't going to break down your door and smash your original disk becuase they released a new one.

don't like it? dont buy it.

Ringleader wrote:
It's shameful to see someone else destroy/discredit your life's work in a matter of months.

You do know your over-reacting right? Your not going to have a stroke over a bad halo game coming out so stop acting like it.

Ensemble destroyed halo wars becuase they were going out of business anyway, and besides halo wars wasn't THAT Bad, It can actually be pretty fun sometimes. You just cant be uptight and serious about it, its a game, made for you to have fun with it, like a toy.
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:07 pm

@Ring

I have just about enough of you. If you really cared about Halo, you would have moved on and stop complaining about every single minor thing with any single piece of evidence or logical thought behind it. You dislike anything changed or added about Halo, and you never seem to understand the concept of evolution of a series, or at the very less compromising for sake of gameplay.

Halo Wars deserved every piece of venom that piece of shit got. Halo 3 and Reach could of been better, but for what they were they worked.

I might have even more open and accepting of your point of view if you did't come off as a condoscending arrogant rude asshole in every single sentence you utter. I think I speak for many people on this site when say, please for your benefit and for ours stop now. Think about how you come off, and when entering a debate, at least think about the merits of the other view are instead of your usual view: '' I AM RIGHT, MY VIEW IS 100% FACT AND JUST AND YOUR A FUCKING IDIOT FOR DISAGREEING WITH ME." I frankly tired of it, and it doesn't help your case.

Your painting this is such a negative making such broad assumptions about things you have absoultely no factual evidence to back you up as if it's a for gone conclusion. For christ sake this remake is celebrating the 10th Anniversary of Halo and that first great game, and you treat it as if it's the worst thing ever to blight the series? There have been far far worse things and to be honest a visual upgrade and bit more online ability to Halo CE wouldn't harm it and would only elevate it.

This is a fitting tribute to a series we all grew up with, and if it's as bad as you claim, the original will always be there and playable.

Stop being so melodramatic.

Last edited by Vigil on Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Bearded_Swede Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:22 pm

Just just saying to Vtrooper and Ringleader.

This is a remake of a game.

Its not the end of the world. We're not "all screwed" as V likes to say.

I understand where you guys are coming from, Halo CE was your baby you think its perfect, (its not, but that's a different story) you don't want to see it change in anyway.

But for God's sake quit being so negative about it! You're making it seem like the game is a spawn of the devil itself! But its just a remake of a game! If you don't like it that's fine, just don't try to make the game seem like some horrible thing.

So, please take a chill pill.

^-^
A_Bearded_Swede
A_Bearded_Swede
Crimson Chef

Male Number of posts : 1743
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:55 pm

the gameplay elements I wouldn't mind them changing is giving hunters a backwards attack (like in halo 2) and maybe adjust some troop movements and AI, but keep all those major moments the same (like the T&R Hunters and everything on 343 Guilty Spark)
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:42 am

@ Dragoon, Vigil and Baconsen:

Halo CE Remake coming this November Clapping-gif

I did not have the time nor the patience to make a post like those so I thank you three. Because lord knows I wanted to.
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 3125
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyxknight Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:55 am

Divine Virus wrote:@ Dragoon, Vigil and Baconsen:

I did not have the time nor the patience to make a post like those so I thank you three. Because lord knows I wanted to.
agreed
Onyxknight
Onyxknight
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1833
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:04 pm

Ringleader wrote:^Too bad there going to do the exact opposite of that.
Proof, please.

Well, right here!

http://www.microsoft-careers.com/go/343-Industries-Jobs/190537/

Look, their homepage has Halo Wars on it, like that's the one game in the series that, like needs to be on the homepage of their site.

The one stand out game in the series, not Halo CE or Halo Reach with it's fancy graphics, but that one Cutscene in Halo Wars where the Spartans (that look different from the other Spartan's were all familiar with, for some reason), say that line: "If they want war, we'll give em war!" that made you want to cry.

Ringleader wrote:It's OK though, because these newer kids that got birthed out after we did, the ones that were playing with blocks and Lincoln logs when the first Halo came out will love this remake, because it's gonna have SPRINT™, DMRs™ and ARMOR LOCK™.
As much as I prefer AA over equipment, it's kinda hard to go back to the older Halos without Sprint.

Good thing neither AA or equipment belong in Halo CE.

How exactly is it 'hard to get back to the older Halos without sprint'? Halo CE, the irrefutable best game of the series managed not to be another generic shooter with sprint and prone and perks pretty well I think. As hard as you think it's for the Halo CE remake not to have SPRINT™, it's arguably harder for them to shoehorn in SPRINT™, from a story/making sense/continuity perspective, not a making tons of money perspective.

Do you work for 343 Industries?

Ringleader wrote:Rasq, am I authorized to throw up my intestines in my lap now?
Yes, you don't need my permission to do that. But please, cover your computer with a plastic sheet first. This isn't worth ruining a $500 dollar machine over.

I don't think I own a 500$ keyboard, I should check though.

At any rate, yes, it is worth ruining a 500$ machine, it's worth ruining a 5,000$ machine, a 1,700,000,000$ franchise, and the life's work of hundreds of hard working employees at Bungie.

At least, that's how M$ sees it.

Ringleader wrote:Master Chief WILL have armor lock, and they WILL have Rhino's in game, as something you can use to blow up shield bubble spires like in Halo Wars/Reach.
Yeah, instead of judging it before we even know for sure if it's not a rumor, I'll wait until I see screenshots of the new game, alright?

Let's not wait for it to suck to acknowledge that it will suck/be worse then the original Halo CE.

Ringleader wrote:

Halo is one of the franchises I thought was rated too harshly in the first place. I mean, c'mon. There's blood, but it isn't red. Nobody cares about it if it isn't red.

The rating really wasn't the bulk of what I said up there, but yeah, it wasn't really gory or graphic enough to get the M rating, but perhaps Bungie wanted it just crossing the threshold so that mostly adults would play it, ones that could appreciate it for the masterpiece it was. If I didn't want my community to be a bunch of little kids that shell out money for dumb stuff, I would rate it M too.

That said, I doubt rating it lower will have any impact on the people who play it. Multiplayer is already awash with 13-year-old shriekers.

That's not on Bungie or 343i, however the act of rating it M is what's important here, not parents allowing their kids to play whatever.

Ringleader wrote:
They're not exactly creating something new. They're basically imitating the old version with new technology/higher graphics. It's easier to imitate than to innovate, and the Halo PC and Halo 2 Vista were ported rather well, DRM issues with Halo 2 Vista notwithstanding.
How do you know exactly what their doing? They said they weren't just going to improve the graphics, they thought it so much as to make that one of the main points of their announcement.

Halo CE and Halo 2 Vista were ports, not remakes, is that the strength of your evidence used to support your point?

Ringleader wrote:

Definitions of "Disenfranchising" aside, the story of Halo: CE and the visuals were spectacular. But it wasn't as perfect of a game as you say.
Well, your idea of perfect is like, making the ghost shoot farther and making them run people over easier, that's not really closer to perfection as it is closer to your idea of how it could be better.

Ghosts couldn't hit stationary targets past 15 meters, or so it seemed.

That's not really a problem though, that's just kind of, part of the gameplay?

The only way to run over an enemy with the Ghost was to park it right on top of them.
So for the game to be more perfect, the ghosts need to run people over better, so the ghosts can be more powerful, because instead of the ghosts doing other stuff like, strafing around or perhaps moving within 15m of the enemy, other things that would make them deadlier for some reason, gameplay and balance would best be suited if the ghost, a vehicle that can kill people with a slight bump in Halo CE, needs to be able to run over people better and shoot farther.

Hunters provided precisely ZERO challenge to face (I mean, did anyone ELSE resort to beating them with a plasma pistol for a challenge?)
They were easy to kill in the other games much in the same way (continuity? what's that?), You can kill both hunters with plasma pistols on that ark level in Halo 3. Hey, maybe the developers wanted to make an enemy that would would have to confront in a certain way in order to beat them? And not just something you would be pulling your hair out and throwing your controller at the screen every time you came across one.

For the game to be perfect, things that were well balanced within the game need to be harder I guess, even though they are much harder on the harder difficulties.

The physics and encounters were often fun, and I sincerely hope this remains unchanged. But lets not go put Halo: CE up on a pedestal as an example of something that cannot be, under any circumstances, better.

Well, my point is that Halo CE cannot be better when Microsoft, 343, and Saber Intererative, the company that brought you such memorable games as Will Rock and Timeshift are at the wheel.

Why bother pretending it can be with the three stooges in control?
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:05 pm

Divine Virus wrote:@ Dragoon, Vigil and Baconsen:

Good thing Divine thinks everything is good.

I heard the Halo CE remake will be UBER EPIC, so I assume they already have your money in their pockets. I think I'm pretty safe in that assumption.
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next