Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are Humans Forerunners?

+14
Angatar
Kasrkin Seath
Ruski
Divine Virus
Rotaretilbo
Avenged
Rasq'uire'laskar
Gauz
A_Bearded_Swede
CivBase
Nocbl2
Vigil
KrAzY
Ringleader
18 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Are Humans Forerunners?

Are Humans Forerunners? - Page 3 Vote_lcap25%Are Humans Forerunners? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 7 ]
Are Humans Forerunners? - Page 3 Vote_lcap75%Are Humans Forerunners? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 75% 
[ 21 ]

Total Votes : 28

Are Humans Forerunners? - Page 3 Empty Re: Are Humans Forerunners?

Post by Vigil Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:34 am

Actually Avenged, most of the evidence points to us not being Forerunner.
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:41 am

There are a handful of things that potentially point to us being Forerunner, and a bunch of things that indicate rather strongly that we are not Forerunner.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4541
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaki90 Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:10 pm

I would like to point out that the Gravemind says in Halo 3, " Child of my enemy, why have you come? I offer no forgiveness for father's sins cast to his son."

He is directly talking about the Mantle, which basically entitles this race to be the guardians of the known galaxy, but comes with the enemies and issues that were brought on by the previous Mantle holders (the Forerunners).

Why would the Forerunners re-award themselves the Mantle if the reason they were passing it down was because they failed?

Zaki90
Minion

Male Number of posts : 764
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoon9105 Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:33 am

You know i was going to Post a long winded explanation as to why Guilty Spark was a Nutcase but i realized nobody in this thread is going to back down despite the facts.

Hell i could state Elites were mutated humans and find some random piece of evidence confirming it to defend blindly for 60 pages. I mean who cares if theres overwhelming evidence working against it, if i just refuse to listen to anyone else and insult anyone who brings up a valid point i'll win eventually. but that would be too intelligent of me i suppose Razz
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:49 am

''Protocol dictates action! I see now that helping you was wrong! You are the child of my makers, inheritor of all they left behind. You are forerunner. But this ring is mine.''

That's the line people should be paying attention to, not the one right after, as he's talking about the Mantle.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by RX Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:39 am

So basicly, he calls you the "new" forunners? The heir to their throne, if you want it cheesy?(we all love Cheese)
RX
RX
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1958
Registration date : 2008-12-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:45 am

Pretty much RX

Very Happy
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:22 pm

Okey dokey, so here's a really lengthy conversation I just had with a friend on facebook that adapted into a conversation about the forerunners and their antics (seen in red), this is not the first time that someone else had spontaneously told me that humans are forerunners in the halo universe either, so yeah.

If it's TL2R for your tastes, this surmises it:

10:46pm
But the Forerunner are supposed to be humans...

Hey, have you played the jedi outcast games?

9:43pm
no

ah
nevermind then

Dark Forces II only
and both KotORs, Battlefronts, and all 3 Lego Versions

9:44pm
dang, that was a long tim ago
I was gonna ask if you thought the star wars games concerning jedi should be more like the jedi outcast games then the force unleashed
where a jedi flies 500 feet in the air, force pushes a star destroyer into the planet, and massacres a batalion of storm troopers before landing

9:45pm
I think more Star Wars games should be more like KotOR and Dark Forces II
See that's overkill
If you can do that, than why have a lightsaber?

9:46pm
yeah, my sentiments exactly
I hate the direction the star wars games are going in

9:47pm
The ridiculousness of Force Powers as seen in the Force Unleashed series are heading towards eventually Force Pushing a Planet out of orbit

9:47pm
I was speaking with john about this, and he thought they same, like they should make another jedi outcast game, with a really good story
and on a really good engine
hehe, the ability to destroy a planet will actually be the power of the force

9:48pm
I think we're long overdue for more first-person Star Wars games like Dark Forces II

9:48pm
yeah big time

9:49pm
Regardless, I always played Battlefront from the first-person perspective

9:49pm
I just got finished with assasins creed 2, and I was thinking they should make any third person star wars games more like that, like instead of FLYING up a wall, they would sort of have to use the stairs
yeah, jedi outcast allowed first and third person, it was almost like battlefront mixed with force unleashed, but toned back, so it wasnt silly

9:50pm
And more RPGs like KotOR

yeah

Get BioWare to make an actual KotOR 3

9:51pm
like, if they combined kotor with jedi outcast, I would have to cry tears of joy
instead we get cartoons of the old republic

9:52pm
Or heck, just get BioWare to remake the two KotOR games with Mass Effect graphics/tech

9:52pm
yeah

9:53pm
I wish, instead of making TESV, Bethesda would make an official remake of Morrowind

9:54pm
has there been any recent info on TESV?

9:54pm
Heavy rumors that it's on its way
But there was a big gap between Morrowind and Oblivion, so you never know

9:55pm
yeah

And the only reason it wasn't longer is because they started work on Oblivion right after Morrowind launched

wow

After Oblivion, the did some work with the Fallout series

it is a pretty massive game

So it should be a longer wait

9:56pm
yeah, true, they should take thier time though

But like I said, remaking Morrowind wouldn't take as long

I have no trouble wating, especially if that meant newer, more advanced hardware
well, just a remake, or perhaps a little more then that?

9:57pm
And update

all things considered, it was'nt that large an island

2 things:
1) Morrowind had more named NPCs than Oblivoon
2) Morrowind had more towns and general places of human settlement than Oblivion

9:59pm
well, true, but it was 90 percent open grasslands or desolate mountains

3) Most people that have played both feel that Morrowind is actually larger than Oblivion due to the lack of rapid-transport, winding passages, and slower character movement

Im not saying it shouldnt be, but, if its going to be so open, I would prefer if they just increased the size of the island
have you played it on the PC?

10:01pm
No, only the console versions of each

10:01pm
ah
there are some mods out there that really improve the visual quality
for TES 4
no no, TES 3
like, almost oblivion like, and in some cases better
Your chat message wasn't sent because James is offline.
10:04pmJames is online.

10:06pm
I think that picture you linked had the terrain expansion mod
like you see those mountains really distant?

10:06pm
yeah
It looks badass

10:07pm
I'm worried to install mods like that though, they oftentimes cause a LOT of conflict with other mods
you don't need a high powered pc to run the vanilla TES 3 game, but these mods can be demanding
I think there's actually a mod to improve the silt strider
man, theres a thousand of them out there, 90% of them suck

10:10pm
I just figured
With all the expansion packs, plug-ins, and mods with Morrowind, can't be that hard to make larger

10:10pm
yeah man, if you have mass quantities of spare time or time at all, I'd recommend TES 3 on the PC

10:11pm
Already got it for the Xbox

for some reason, it's always sold in walmarts across the country

took me several months to get through everything, and this was after I already knew how to do them
First time I played took years

even so, just to enjoy the mods, which can almost be like a remake
if they formally announce TESV at next years E3, consider getting TES3 for the PC
mechanically, what did you think about me2? disregarding the story?

10:18pm
Sign of the times
Games are losing genre, all meshing into one genre

10:19pm
yeah
do you prefer the mass effect 1 gameplay?
even it it was weak?

10:20pm
The genre being an action game with RPG elements
i.e. leveling up, upgrading skills/equipment, etc.

10:21pm
yeah, I like the genre, but it can still be a mechanical trainwreck
Your chat message wasn't sent because James is offline.
yeah, I like the genre, but it can still be a mechanical trainwreck
10:21pmJames is online.

I liked KotOR, so I liked MEI

I think me2 had more shooter elements, but for some reason, they took away the RPG elements
the two can coexist

10:22pm
MEII had sacrificed a lot for action-oriented gameplay
2 had more flushed-out characters, but that really took up the whole story

10:24pm
eh, I wasnt a huge fan of that flushing out
I thought the charecter dialoge was pretty generic/flat
even supporting charecters
like Dr. Okeer: "She would kill my legacy with a damn valve!"...

10:25pm
Yeah but you got a better feeling of the character's respective arcs

10:27pm
hmm, I wasn't too keen on these characters having arcs that comprise the vast majority of the game, with the whole collector thing sort of on the sidelines, ME1 was more realistic in the fact that these teammates were just as much your coworkers as they were your teammates.
now its like, your helping jacob reconcile his father on that lord of the flies mission

I didn't like the fact that it was the whole game, but I do like the fact that they tried

yeah

10:28pm
Made your party-members more than just a certain set of skills

the collector thing was pretty eh anyways, so its good to take the spotlight off of it

It's like the end of the main quest in Fable II

people goo

An attempt at something different that wasn't entirely successful

hehe, true

But definitely pushing forward in video gaming

have you played fable 3 btw?

10:29pm
Trying to make it an art form
No, I had to pick between Rock Band 3 and Fable 3 and chose RB

10:29pm
ah

10:30pm
Waiting until Christmas (fingers crossed)
Although I hear the final boss is essentially Cthulhu

hehe, santy clauwwwws

Which excites me

hehe, you need mysterion
I dont think me 3 will have a great ending, judging by ME 1 and 2

10:33pm
I don't understand how it will work
Reaper invasion?
Didn't it take an entire fucking game just do defeat one of the fuckers?

the human reaper thing could have been done so much better I think, like you could have been in a gigantic room (with those collector pods on the walls), with the reaper fetus hanging from the ceiling by an ambilical, and your on floating platforms going around

And we're expected to beat an entire army of them in one game?

10:34pm
its not so much about killing the reaper, as it is about killing the hordes of collecters
and you should have had more then 2 teammates for the final battle

I was talking about Sovereign...

yeah

I wish there were more clues throughout 2 what the Collectors were actually doing

10:35pm
I was talking about an alternate to the ME2 ending, but yeah, sovereigns friends are probably less then thrilled about Shepard's progress
well, they were just making a reaper, that's how the reapers propagate their numbers I guess, they take all the space faring races, grind them up and process them into reapers for some reason
I dunno, I convinced my roommate to play mass effect 1, so that's a plus.

10:39pm
So were the Protheans a bunch of Squid-things?
Or are they the Keepers

10:39pm
I hope not
they could be anything, I assumed those statues on Ilos lent some indication as to what they may look like
but, they just look like people, with roots growing out of them or something
mmmaybe they were buglike, like the collectors, but that was another plot twist that could have been a little less patchy

10:41pm
No, those statues were the Forerunner

10:41pm
ah, gotcha

10:42pm
Halo arrays were actually built to stop the Reaper invasion

10:42pm
man if they expose the livelihood and appearance of the forerunners in halo 4, I will disown the franchise, and kick a puppy
nothing is sacred apparently, they feel the fans NEED to know every bit of intrigue that made the first one so great, even when, no matter how magnificently the portray the forerunners, it will never top the mystery of the forerunners
which is kinda sorta what I was sayin about the ME2 charecters, I didn't think they really needed some dilemma to overcome, ALL OF THEM AT THE SAME TIME

10:46pm
But the Forerunner are supposed to be humans...

10:47pm
yeah, that would have been a good hinter for the first halo, but then they made it so blatent, that if they were, it wouldnt even be such a shocker/great

10:47pm
That was the whole point of the Covenant attacking the humans - to assimilate/enslave humans because they can use the Forerunner tech in its original form

10:48pm
yeah, in the books?
retconned my friend, retconned all to heck

Books don't count for shit

in halo 4, the covenant are going to create a halo made of ground up humans

Halo: Reach was Halo 4

10:49pm
well, the halo that follows the saga of master chief and spartan 3's on the shield world
in the legendary ending of halo 3, I you see a forerunner planet, which I suspect is the shield world in question
but man, half the people I talk to say the forerunners cant be human
I try to point out the indexes on ark level, but they take the information the wrong way

10:51pm
I'd like to point to the fact that Forerunner tech LOOKS human
Like if you didn't know it was made by an alien race, you'd think there was a human hand in it

10:51pm
EXACTLY!!, thats another point I brought up, but nooooo
like all the holo buttons have human hand prints on them, or they're human hieght

10:53pm
Sharp edges, metallic colors

10:54pm
yeah, like, I can't seem to convince these guy's how clear it is
but I like the mystery
I hate to ask this, but have you seen halo legends?
that anime cartoon thing?
in there, they look like humans, with not very dissociating body armor: http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100208220206/halo/images/thumb/b/b4/Forerunner_Meeting.jpg/830px-Forerunner_Meeting.jpg
isnt keynesian when you can see feelings and taste feelings?

10:59pm
Keynesian is a form of economics

10:59pm
oh
right, right, I reemmber now

11:00pm
Also, you can point to anything you want to about the reasons why the Covenant went to war with the Humans, but you know assimilating them was a key priority

erm

Every race they went to war with got assimilated

the books made it clear it was a ploy put forth by the prophets because they new the truth

That's why there's so many

11:01pm
well, true, but if they were assimilated and if the covenant races knew humans were forerunners, the prophets would be in a bind

11:02pm
Only reason the prophets were in that position in the first place is because they were enslaved by the Forerunner

11:02pm
ehhh, where did you hear that from? lol
the forerunners werent really in the buisness of enslaving other species
that was made clear in the halo 3 terminals

11:03pm
Or rather, inhabited a former Forerunner planet

11:03pm
yeah, thats more like it, lol
the forerunners put up constructs on a boatload of planets

11:04pm
Regardless, if anyone knows what the Forerunner looked like, it's the Prophets

the terminals kind of explain it, but mainly it was for research, and when it came time to fire off the halo rings, they needed move everything to the ark

It'd be ridiculous to think that the Prophets saw the humans and didn't make the connection

11:05pm
well, the forerunners died out 101 thousand years ago, that's a long time to remember the appearance of an alien that probably wore a spacesuit

11:06pm
Dude

they probably didnt even contact them physically, if they were building portals, then they would have done so using sentinels
portals on all the inhabited worlds with sentient life

We could all die tomorrow and the images we left behind will survive for centuries
Also, you think they excavated all that tech and never found a skeleton?

11:07pm
well, again, the forerunners werent really in the buisness of leaving pictures of themselves either, this is a large part of the intrigue, the constructs dont really clarify whom built them because the forerunners really didnt leave that kind of histroy behind
the flood
ate them

11:08pm
You think they ate everything? Even the bodies that had been dead for generations?

and the ones that did survive were wiped out by halo, or perhaps were steeled away in a shield world or the ark
sure, its all nutrition I guess
they wanted to add to thier biomass

Just fucking bones?

what bodies would have been left around for centuries?
Im sure they properly dispose of thier dead,

You ever hear of dinosaurs?
Same thing

11:09pm
ehh, I dont know about that

11:09pm
Also, does it every say how the Halo arrays kill you?

11:10pm
if the forerrunners evolved on earth, they it would just be those ancient human bones in africa or whatever, aside from that, I assume they would just shoot thier dead into stars
it showed it briefly in halo legends, it vaporizes everything

See what you call evolution I call refugees
Okay

halo legends not really bieng the final word on such things

AT ALL

11:11pm
well, they could have evloved on earth, been advanced some how, then left earth, leaving the rest of humanity to progress in thier own way

11:11pm
Somewhat like that
After all, weren't the humans called "Reclaimers" or something like that?

11:12pm
they were more interested in safegarding the biodiversity of the galaxy, including thier primative cousings
yeah

I mean like there were the leftovers

dude, read the books, it explains the backstory in a way that makes sense in the scope fo the games
not exactly
there pretty well written too

11:13pm
I mean, a small group of Forerunner flee to some isolated, backwater planet we know as Earth that they built a portal on long ago.
Being so small and so far out of the fucking way of everything, Flood don't follow them there, nor find them
Think Kal-El

11:14pm
well, the people that support the human = forerunner theory suggest the forerunners were uplifted by another space faring civilization (similar to how the forerunner were), to safeguard the milky way, so that group left, while the other humans remained on earth

11:15pm
Entire civilization about to be blown to bits, send out a small group to secure the continuation of the race
Moses down the river, Kal-El to Earth, etc.

11:16pm
well, they didnt exactly go hand to hand, their weapons could destroy entire planets, also, the forerunenrs probably prospered for a time, as in time had passed since that initial group was uplifted
the terminals describe thier fleet in the thousands
and just one of those ships could power high charity on low power mode

11:17pm
And how they were getting butt-f**ked by the Flood

11:18pm
they underestimated it, and it managed to spread to secondary civilian ships/colonies
plus, the gravemind was so ridiculously powerful, Im sure it was just able to control them
at least when it was in contact with the
them*

11:19pm
Like I said, small group to a backwater planet

these civilian ships would spread out in every direction, infecting everything, including warshis

Unless there was Flood with them when they landed, no one would ever know about it

hey, they probably werent even based on earth
once they were uplifted, Im sure they felt it would be unethical to share the earth with other primitive humans
they built artifical planets for crying out loud, Im sure they could set up shop somewhere else then earth

11:20pm
I think you're missing what I'm saying

11:21pm
in fact, the the whole uplifting process involved taking humans off of earth
what you mean how the flood found earth??

No I mean why the Forerunner "chose" Earth, in my scenario

choose it for what?
building the portal?

survival

11:22pm
survival?
what?

11:23pm
About to get wiped out by the Flood. Fighting it failed miserably. Do you really think none of them thought to HIDE?

11:23pm
hide on earth? the halo effect would have wiped them out, if they did take refuge it would have been on a shield world or on the ark, far away from active instellations

11:24pm
Which would be exactly where the Flood would find them

plus, they essentially failed as a civilization, even with super advanced technology, they probably felt it best to let the other humans have thier turn

Unless you forgot, Gravemind could assimilate information

11:25pm
well, shield worlds have biospheres surrounding them, but on the inside is sort of like a safe haven

Like they thought their colonies were
And ships
And fleet
And military
all taken down

it was a last ditch effort, it probably only involved like 4 forerunner leaders, and the rest was done by a quadrillion sentinels over a course of a few weeks
well, thats why they were slow to act, they didnt think the flood could get to them in thier ships, but it adapted, remember in halo 3 when the elites landed at the crashed floodship? one said that one infected ship managed to break thier lines, the arbiter responded saying "but we had a fleet of hundreds!", then the first elite said "alas brother, the flood, it has evolved!", of that fleet, the only ships left were the ones that came to earth after the floodship landed
I suspect something similar happened with the forerunner

11:28pm
Yeah
And when all that failed, they fled to some backwater planet they never thought the Flood would find them on

11:29pm
the flood would have continued to spread, everwhere including the ark and halos eventually, if they hadnt fired them off at least

11:29pm
I mean, do you really think it's coincidence that the portal to the arc is almost exactly where archaeologists speculate is where human life on Earth began?

11:30pm
Im sure some would have, maybe civilians or whatever, but they would have gotten wiped out by the halos or the flood, or both
well, the terminals explain that dude, you gotta read them
just one forerunner surveyor landed on earth, and when he did, humans were already there, that doesn't mean that they couldn't have been estranged relatives on the tree of life, but it does mean that the last forerunner on earth would not have been able to propogate the rest of them, plust he died when the halos fired
most of the excavation and portal construction was done by sentinels, everything they did was automated probably, like building the halos and the ark
the terminals also indicate that the portal on earth wasnt the only one, in fact it suggested that there was one an nearly every populated world with sentient life

11:33pm
Which raises a point
Why didn't the Prophets have one?

11:33pm
since the portal went strait to the ark, its likely that it would have been used to ferry all the lifeforms from the planet to the ark on a moments notice without risking getting infected by the flood
they might have had one and not known how to use it, or perhaps they hadnt discovered it

11:34pm
But within a few weeks of finding Earth they found the portal there

11:34pm
I dont like to think of the second one as an option because supposedly they had forerunner devices that allowed them to dectedc other forerunner technology, also humans
well, Im not sure they would have built these portals everywhere, if they had inhabited the prophet homeworld, then perhaps they would have ferried them to the ark while the other portals were being constructed
I mean, the terminals make it semi clear that they had only just found earth in the last few weeks prior to the halo firing

11:37pm
I don't believe they actually built that thing in a week
They'd need more pylons for that

11:37pm
actually, when your in the terminal screen, a sound byte plays, and when you play it backwards, it has a secret message embedded.
hehe, of course
it probably happened quick though, lemmie actually get a picture used in the marketing of halo 3
damn, cant find it, anyway its a picture of two scraggly looking africans overlooking these two jumbo sized sentinels excavating a dig site

11:41pm
i know

11:41pm
that wwas only 101 thousand years ago, and in the scope of human history, only covered a relativly small part
considering all the migrations of Neanderthal man and cro magnon and such
another think I noticed in halo 3, is that each halo had its own topographical features, i assume this was to mimic the features of the 7 main inhabited worlds in the halo univesrse

11:44pm
really?
what were those features?

11:44pm
yeah, its hard to see, because they were so bright
but, one had a cratered surface like the moon
another looked like mars
another looked sort of like an ocean world

I used to have screenshots of them, lemmie check my bungie account
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Halo3/Screenshot.ashx?size=medium&ssid=2C9C2824D9AFF83E6271E11A987624D5

11:48pm
screenshot not found

11:48pm
thats just one, the rest are on my account (not file share) so I can only send them via a download link
ah, damn
the one I ttried sending looks like venus
anyway, if you want you can always get a better look in halo, they're also numbered too
the one ring that was damaged in halo CE has the forerunner symbol for '4', so I assume there in order
oh, lemmie show you something I've been working on too.
https://2img.net/h/i890.photobucket.com/albums/ac107/EthanNino/Halo%20Ship%20Renders/In%20Game/UNSC%20Ships/ss00339.jpg
https://2img.net/h/i890.photobucket.com/albums/ac107/EthanNino/Halo%20Ship%20Renders/In%20Game/UNSC%20Ships/ss00337.jpg
https://2img.net/h/i890.photobucket.com/albums/ac107/EthanNino/Halo%20Ship%20Renders/In%20Game/UNSC%20Ships/ReachLatest.jpg
thats some of the latest progress

Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:53 am

Doesn't really support your argument Ring.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:17 am

I'm just saying that other people have arrived at the same conclusion with the given information.

Which is kinda my argument, people arriving at that conclusion with the given information. I don't think I claimed that the information was 100% conclusive, but when other people say the same thing spontaneously...
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3