Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Confederate History Month in Virginia

+8
PiEdude
Offensive Bias
Cheese
KrAzY
Ukurse
Kasrkin Seath
Indecisive One.
Gold Spartan
12 posters

Go down

Do you agree with Confederate History Month

Confederate History Month in Virginia Vote_lcap67%Confederate History Month in Virginia Vote_rcap 67% 
[ 10 ]
Confederate History Month in Virginia Vote_lcap33%Confederate History Month in Virginia Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 15

Confederate History Month in Virginia Empty Confederate History Month in Virginia

Post by Gold Spartan Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:10 pm

Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell has stated April 2010 as Confederate History Month in Virginia. It's designed for people to study and honor the Confederate Men who fought and died during the Civil War. Now I ask you this, do you agree with the proclamation of this?
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/virginiapolitics/2010/04/post_666.html?hpid=topnews Link with more details.
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://www.fftu.info/forum/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Confederate History Month in Virginia Empty Re: Confederate History Month in Virginia

Post by Indecisive One. Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:49 am

I can't decide. If you don't learn from history you are doomed to repeat it but it really depends on how it is taught. If it is taught without bias then I see no problem. But on the other hand, if they teach that slavery was right then I have to vote no. I can't pick.
Indecisive One.
Indecisive One.
Minion

Male Number of posts : 349
Registration date : 2010-03-22

Back to top Go down

Confederate History Month in Virginia Empty Re: Confederate History Month in Virginia

Post by Kasrkin Seath Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:56 am

I've got no problem with it based on that article and the main website itself.

But, just to calify...
UNION > CONFEDERACY
Kasrkin Seath
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Male Number of posts : 3018
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Ukurse Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:28 pm

I don't even care.

And don't even know why I am posting in this thread...
Ukurse
Ukurse
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1441
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:48 pm

the confederacy may have had some misguided thoughts about slavery... but they were still a very important group in American history, one that still lives on with us..... people don't seem to realize that the Confederacy was not made up of the equivalent of modern day White Supremacists and KKK members, these were people who at their time held a belief, that many northeners shared also...

they didn't agree with laws being imposed by them, so they decided to try and create their own nation, just as the rest of the country had 150 years prior...

the Confederacy has been villianized... kids do need to know that some of their ideals were morally wrong, but they still need to learn about AND respect the people for what they did for our country.
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3965
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:09 pm

Hey an equivalent would probably help out knowledge of the English civil war - all anybody can remember about that is the haircuts.

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2259
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Offensive Bias Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:18 pm

What? There is plenty known about the English Civil War?
Offensive Bias
Offensive Bias
Minion

Male Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2009-11-15

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:22 pm

KrAzY wrote:the confederacy may have had some misguided thoughts about slavery... but they were still a very destructive group in American history, one that still lives on with us..... people don't seem to realize that the Confederacy was entirely made up of the equivalent of modern day White Supremacists and KKK members, these were people who at their time held a belief, that Africans were not people...

they didn't agree with laws being imposed by them, so they decided to try and create their own nation, just so they could continue to use their free labor...

the Confederacy has been under-villianized... kids do need to know that all of their ideals were morally wrong, and they still need to learn about AND hate the people for what they did to our country.

Fixed.
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Spartan Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:24 pm

PiEdude wrote:
KrAzY wrote:the confederacy may have had some misguided thoughts about slavery... but they were still a very important group in American history, one that still lives on with us..... people don't seem to realize that the Confederacy was entirely made up of the equivalent of modern day White Supremacists and KKK members, these were people who at their time held a belief, that Africans were not people...

they didn't agree with laws being imposed by them, so they decided to try and create their own nation, just so they could continue to use their free labor...

the Confederacy has been under-villianized... kids do need to know that all of their ideals were morally wrong, and they still need to learn about AND hate the people for what they did to our country.

Fixed.
Pie...Just for the sake that you won't be my enemy forever, and that I wouldn't have to hunt you down and kill you slowly and painfully, I pray to god that you are only joking.
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3405

http://www.fftu.info/forum/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:29 pm

Maybe...
<.<
>.>
<.<
>.>
<.>
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573

Back to top Go down

Post by Grey101 Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:05 pm

Indecisive One. wrote:I can't decide. If you don't learn from history you are doomed to repeat it but it really depends on how it is taught. If it is taught without bias then I see no problem. But on the other hand, if they teach that slavery was right then I have to vote no. I can't pick.

I agree with this. If they try to bring up the whole slavery act it's going to end up getting twisted into the idea that slavery wasn't that bad of an idea, which it was.

Seeing how a large population of Virginia are descendant from former slaves, i don't think they will like this at all.

Grey101
Minion

Male Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2010-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Indecisive One. Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:37 am

Grey101 wrote:
Indecisive One. wrote:I can't decide. If you don't learn from history you are doomed to repeat it but it really depends on how it is taught. If it is taught without bias then I see no problem. But on the other hand, if they teach that slavery was right then I have to vote no. I can't pick.

I agree with this. If they try to bring up the whole slavery act it's going to end up getting twisted into the idea that slavery wasn't that bad of an idea, which it was.

Seeing how a large population of Virginia are descendant from former slaves, i don't think they will like this at all.
I didn't know about the population part.
Indecisive One.
Indecisive One.
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:43 am

Offensive Bias wrote:What? There is plenty known about the English Civil War?

Mainly because Cromwell screwed up our country so badly when he was in power his name has lived on in Infamy.

It's also one of the reasons why we are not ruled by extreme Quakers.
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810

Back to top Go down

Post by Indecisive One. Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:46 am

Vigil wrote:
Offensive Bias wrote:What? There is plenty known about the English Civil War?

Mainly because Cromwell screwed up our country so badly when he was in power his name has lived on in Infamy.

It's also one of the reasons why we are not ruled by extreme Quakers.
That would be interesting....
Indecisive One.
Indecisive One.
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:52 am

The Dude thought life was a test and was all about working and toiling without any real enjoyment.

He cancelled Christmas when he was in power.
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810

Back to top Go down

Post by Indecisive One. Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:55 am

Vigil wrote:The Dude thought life was a test and was all about working and toiling without any real enjoyment.

He cancelled Christmas when he was in power.
Was this person killed?If not he should've been. Who takes away Christmas?!
Indecisive One.
Indecisive One.
Minion

Back to top Go down

Confederate History Month in Virginia Empty really?

Post by C-Slay Tue May 11, 2010 7:26 am

Gold Spartan5 wrote:Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell has stated April 2010 as Confederate History Month in Virginia. It's designed for people to study and honor the Confederate Men who fought and died during the Civil War. Now I ask you this, do you agree with the proclamation of this?
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/virginiapolitics/2010/04/post_666.html?hpid=topnews Link with more details.
How do you celebrate this! they lost the war over a 100 years ago. Southerners need to give it up. Black people are free, well a few.. the others are locked up in jail. Be happy that they sell drugs and shoot people.
C-Slay
C-Slay
Minion

Male Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2010-05-01

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1628013855

Back to top Go down

Post by Indecisive One. Tue May 11, 2010 8:58 am

Nice Necro. And I'm black. :jk: But not all black people shoot people, deal drugs, or are in jail.
Indecisive One.
Indecisive One.
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Tue May 11, 2010 11:18 am

I believe it's a noble jesture... but devoting an entire month to those who faught against the union... who fought for slavery... isn't right. They diserve their honor, but not a month of it. A day? A week? Sure. But 1/12 of a year? No.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Indecisive One. Tue May 11, 2010 4:19 pm

CivBase wrote:I believe it's a noble jesture... but devoting an entire month to those who faught against the union... who fought for slavery... isn't right. They diserve their honor, but not a month of it. A day? A week? Sure. But 1/12 of a year? No.
I agree ultimately and completely. YMCA Hahahahahaha there dancing. ROFL
Indecisive One.
Indecisive One.
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum