Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How many ppl in the armed forces

+20
Onyxknight
TNine
Tylertlat
Vtrooper
Gauz
Elabajaba
RX
noir
R!zZle BiZzl£
Kasrkin Seath
Dud Doodoo
Ascendant Justice
Felix
Death no More
Lord Pheonix
KrAzY
PiEdude
Cheese
JumpingJet
Nocbl2
24 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How many ppl in the armed forces - Page 2 Empty Re: How many ppl in the armed forces

Post by Vtrooper Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:52 pm

if im not over 2.20 GPA im joing the army, as a medic
Vtrooper
Vtrooper
Crimson Henchmen

Male Number of posts : 2885
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

How many ppl in the armed forces - Page 2 Empty Re: How many ppl in the armed forces

Post by noir Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:55 pm

Gauz wrote:Basically...

And I did not try to pick an argument with you, i'm just angry for your reasoning to join the military.

I'm not either~

But still, I don't get it, why not go with a civilian career that lets you see the world, like, say geography or something... the idea of seeing the world through the sights of a rifle seems a bit narrow minded...no offence.. <3
noir
noir
Minion

Female Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2009-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:01 pm

I want to see the world some day Very Happy

Seeing the world is great.

Seeing the world in a violent area with a gun killing people however, is not.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by noir Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:06 pm

Heheh Smile
noir
noir
Minion

Female Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2009-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:46 pm

ROTC. IF i can't get into any colleges.
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Tylertlat Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:02 pm

If my college workload ever lightens up enough (im an archy, which is as bad as law or med) I'll seriously consider becoming a Marine Reservist. (I'm already familiar with the Marines at the local Armed Forces Career Center, and being an Eagle Scout will get me that initial promotion)
Tylertlat
Tylertlat
Architect of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 625
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:14 pm

Tylertlat wrote:If my college workload ever lightens up enough (im an archy, which is as bad as law or med) I'll seriously consider becoming a Marine Reservist. (I'm already familiar with the Marines at the local Armed Forces Career Center, and being an Eagle Scout will get me that initial promotion)
Hate to ask the question but...who are you?
TNine
TNine
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1200
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Tylertlat Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:17 pm

Hate to ask the question but...who are you?.
Im one of Knightsniper's RL friends, the one who was virtually without internet access all summer.
Tylertlat
Tylertlat
Architect of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 625
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyxknight Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:22 am

well i plan to join since it'll be the only way for me to get through college so once and if i do get out i can get a "normal" job and im also joing so shit like what happened on 9/11 wont happen again for the sake of all the worlds people
Onyxknight
Onyxknight
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1833
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:13 pm

Onyxknight wrote:well i plan to join since it'll be the only way for me to get through college so once and if i do get out i can get a "normal" job and im also joing so shit like what happened on 9/11 wont happen again for the sake of all the worlds people
Not to start debate or arguement... but if you join the marines you wont be preventing another 9/11 from happening...

In fact I think there would be more of a chance of that happening. That was an attack on america, in America. You might be stopping more suicide bombings and unjust ruling in Afghanistan/the Middle East however..
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Vtrooper Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:14 pm

Gauz wrote:
Onyxknight wrote:well i plan to join since it'll be the only way for me to get through college so once and if i do get out i can get a "normal" job and im also joing so shit like what happened on 9/11 wont happen again for the sake of all the worlds people
Not to start debate or arguement... but if you join the marines you wont be preventing another 9/11 from happening...

In fact I think there would be more of a chance of that happening. That was an attack on america, in America. You might be stopping more suicide bombings and unjust ruling in Afghanistan/the Middle East however..

*shoots gauz* i hate hippys
Vtrooper
Vtrooper
Crimson Henchmen

Male Number of posts : 2885
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyxknight Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:28 pm

Gauz wrote:

i realize this but i just used that as an example of that im just pissed of at whats happening all over the world
Onyxknight
Onyxknight
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1833
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by JB Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:16 pm

noir wrote:Why would anyone want to join the army? - I am currently studying for BA Geography at University.

Whats the attraction, guys?

They want the Call of Duty experience (jk) anymore it's about the only sound job you can really think of, not particularly safe, but you wont be out of work at least >.>
JB
JB
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1183
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Ziggy Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:27 pm

Army pays well, gets you into shape, and sets you up for a lot of other jobs. You come out after a few years with A) a lot of money B) generally no debts and C) high level of fitness.

It's not too bad, apart from the getting-hit-by-suicide-bomber part.
Ziggy
Ziggy
Minion

Male Number of posts : 366
Registration date : 2009-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruski Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:15 pm

Well, I do want to work with the Central Intelligence Agency one day, but I want to join the NG before that or if that fails.

*Cough* Spy for Russia *Cough*
Ruski
Ruski
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1218
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:35 pm

*cough* you can't even converse with them *cough*

^assumption
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Offensive Bias Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:51 am

JumpingJet wrote:Im thinking of joining but i also want to be a politition....

Im part of my school council
Im part of the Leeds(City in england) Youth Council
Lastly im also a MYP, (member of the youth parlement) Which is basicaly a member of the national parlement but for young people, i represent east leeds...
So yeh, im going quite high.... Ill be prime minister one day...
Look out for Tom!
Shouldn't a member of Parliament be able to spell Parliament?
Razz
Offensive Bias
Offensive Bias
Minion

Male Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2009-11-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Dud Doodoo Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:26 pm

Ziggy wrote:Army pays well, gets you into shape, and sets you up for a lot of other jobs. You come out after a few years with A) a lot of money B) generally no debts and C) high level of fitness.

It's not too bad, apart from the getting-hit-by-suicide-bomber part.
Statistically you have a better chance of getting hit by a car.

Dud Doodoo
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1528
Registration date : 2008-06-29

http://www.moddb.com/mods/broken-arrow-the-world-in-conflict-vie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum