Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Life series vs. Halo series

+18
Ukurse
Angatar
LH Justin
czar
Felix
Gauz
TNine
PiEdude
KrAzY
Nocbl2
Toaster
Rasq'uire'laskar
MrX
Ziggy
Divine Virus
Rotaretilbo
BBJynne
Zaki90
22 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Half Life series vs. Halo series

Half Life series vs. Halo series - Page 5 Vote_lcap28%Half Life series vs. Halo series - Page 5 Vote_rcap 28% 
[ 9 ]
Half Life series vs. Halo series - Page 5 Vote_lcap47%Half Life series vs. Halo series - Page 5 Vote_rcap 47% 
[ 15 ]
Half Life series vs. Halo series - Page 5 Vote_lcap0%Half Life series vs. Halo series - Page 5 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Half Life series vs. Halo series - Page 5 Vote_lcap25%Half Life series vs. Halo series - Page 5 Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 8 ]

Total Votes : 32

Half Life series vs. Halo series - Page 5 Empty Re: Half Life series vs. Halo series

Post by Toaster Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:13 am

BBJynne wrote:I always thought it sucked.

That's because it did. I don't know what these guys are talking about. The Needler in Halo CE had AMAZING tracking abilities, and the needles would blow you straight up into the air when they exploded. They were BRUTAL.

In halo 2... they were basically the covenant equivalent of the SMG... maybe with a longer range.

They weren't overpowered at all, and even if they were, they lacked the originality and usefulness of the needler in Halo CE.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Half Life series vs. Halo series - Page 5 Empty Re: Half Life series vs. Halo series

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:14 am

Gauz wrote:Yeah...

The needler was overpowered
Would have been even worse with the Halo CE needler. Remember that thing? Fun to use, but any more than seven needles caused an explosion, a full clip caused THREE explosions, and the darn thing could set off dropped grenades.

Gauz wrote:The AR was gone
Because people complained that the AR acted more like an SMG.

Gauz wrote:The pistol was shit compared to what it was (Why would the UNSC switch??)
It seems like the M6D is more of a spec ops weapon. All it has over the M6C is a scope, while the pistol ammo on the PoA seemed to be a rather special type (More explosive)

Gauz wrote:BR got boring without full auto
It was supposed to supplant the Halo CE pistol. It works well enough, and I don't really think full auto would have helped.

Gauz wrote:SMG's was a spray n pray
blargh
Because of the damage and the recoil... If they made it slightly weaker without recoil (IT'S A #$% SPARTAN HOLDING THEM!) it would have been good.

Gauz wrote:could go on about most weapons.
Dual-wielding handguns could have been more effective...

BUT WHY THE HELL DID THEY NIX THE SHOTGUN!?
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2929
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:24 pm

I remember the Plasma Pistol in Halo CE

Sad I miss it
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by BBJynne Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:25 pm

it shot faster than the rifle did and had more ammo

BBJynne
The Lord's Blood Knight

Male Number of posts : 5059
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:48 pm

You must have one hell of a mouse then.
In the original, the plasma pistol charged up if you clicked too fast, possibly because the mouse couldn't work so fast.

Oh, wait, XBox controller. Right.

Didn't use the PP in Halo 2 to notice any difference.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2929
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by BBJynne Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:06 am

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:Didn't use the PP in Halo 2 to notice any difference.

it was only really useful for charge attack imo

BBJynne
The Lord's Blood Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:40 am

In Halo CE it was more accurate and fast. Plus I liked to charge + punch all the ho's in my way.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:33 am

I remember when I first heard about dual wielding I was really exited to plasma pistol/pistol a bunch of stuff. Good times.

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2259
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Ukurse Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:08 am

Rotaretilbo wrote:Ah, but you make a key mistake, Ukurse. You play games for gameplay first, but plot second. Games are, after all, at their core, a media like books and movies, designed not only to entertain, but to involve a player in a story. Besides, Halo 2's gameplay was hardly a step up from Halo 2's. Dual wielding was cool, but the content included verse the content removed really hurt dual wielding, since very few of the dual wieldable weapons were...fun, except Needlers.

Im sorry, this is probably complete necro, and you guys are probably finished discussing this, but I just saw this post.

Of coarse being involved in a story is important, but if they compromise gameplay then it would be better off as a book or a movie or a peace of art or even a piece music if it is pretty much solely trying to persuade a story or an idea. I beat there have been games like such, but they don't sell, so they have to make entertainment the priority.
If you go up to people and ask them if they would like a game with a good in depth multiplayer and/or Singleplayer that has a lot of replayability value, or a Game with a good storyline that involves you and can be played once, a lot more people (Atleast at my school and every other school I know and have gone to) will choice the first, good storylines can only really be played through once and not many people find that appealing in games when you are paying $100 NZL for it, you could buy 5 movies or novels for that.
A good game with a good balanced gameplay can be played through for a year and far surpass the initial cost.

Halo 1's storyline I would say had more plot twists and was best, Halo 2's revealed quite a bit about the whole universe, and halo 3 kinda just continued the storyline and didn't really do to much, but that doesn't matter because it is more fun to have a game that if fun to play over and over again, and actually have a worth while campaign that can be played through with friends, with a large variety of weapons, vehicles, enemies and level designs, also some skulls and a campaign scoring system as an icing on the cake.

Not to mention it's Multiplayer, forge or theatre.

Last edited by Ukurse on Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:20 am; edited 2 times in total
Ukurse
Ukurse
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1441
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by MrX Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:11 am

GAMEPLAY COMES FIRST - this is the fun bit ;)

STORY NEXT - this entices the player to keep playing

THEN GRAPHICS - meks teh game prety

if you disagree your mentailly retarded to the max
MrX
MrX
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3080
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:57 pm

I think the order is...

EXPLOSIONS - they make every game good

GUNS - No game is good without guns

HOT GIRL ASS - this is a given, go watch transformers

MECH SUITS - Another given

ADVERTISING - If it has more commercials its obviously good

MOVIE/TV SHOW GAME - Who wouldn't like a Transformers 2 or Are you smarter than a 5th grader game?
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by BBJynne Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:00 pm

Gauz wrote:I think the order is...

MOVIE/TV SHOW GAME - Who wouldn't like a Transformers 2 or Are you smarter than a 5th grader game?

Stronghold (all versions) has none of those except very minor advertising. (I've never seen any of it, but I'm assuming it exists)

BBJynne
The Lord's Blood Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by kslidz Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:18 pm

Gauz wrote:I think the order is...

I agree

kslidz
Minion

Male Number of posts : 753
Registration date : 2009-02-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum