Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Faveorite quote

+21
Kasrkin Seath
Nocbl2
Ringleader
Jamiesway
BBJynne
KrAzY
Avenged
KristallNacht
Ukurse
Ascendant Justice
RX
R!zZle BiZzl£
XNate02
Yam Head
Death no More
czar
Toaster
tiny tim
Vtrooper
PiEdude
Gauz
25 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Faveorite quote Empty Faveorite quote

Post by Gauz Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:07 am

"Example"-Persons name who made the quote

go
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Faveorite quote Empty Re: Faveorite quote

Post by PiEdude Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:09 am

"When I think of the technology of tomorrow, I do not dread the fact that I will not live to see it, but that the sceptics will not live to dread it."
-PiEman, June 24, 2009
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:24 am

Cortana: You mean this?
[Holds up the Index]
343 Guilty Spark: A construct in the core? That is absolutely unacceptable!
Cortana: Sawed off!
343 Guilty Spark: Why... I shall purge you at once!
Cortana: You sure that's a good idea?
[the Index vanishes from her hands]
343 Guilty Spark: Why I-I...
Cortana: -Do what? I have the Index! YOU CAN JUST FLOAT AND SPUTTER!

Not my faveorite, but Cortana rapes spark in this argument.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Vtrooper Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:50 am

i have a bad fealing about this Captain

when have you ever have a good fealing

from saving privet ryan
Vtrooper
Vtrooper
Crimson Henchmen

Male Number of posts : 2885
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny tim Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:32 pm

"I know not with what weapons WWIII will be fought with, but I do know that WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones."
-Albert Einstein

"Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country. Men, all this stuff you’ve heard about America not wanting to fight, wanting to stay out of the war, is a lot of horse dung. Americans traditionally love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle. When you were kids, you all admired the champion marble shooter, the fastest runner, the big league ball player, the toughest boxer. Americans love a winner and will not tolerate a loser. Americans play to win all the time. I wouldn’t give a hoot in hell for a man who lost and laughed. That’s why Americans have never lost and will never lose a war. Because the very thought of losing is hateful to Americans.

Now, an Army is a team. It lives, eats, sleeps, fights as a team. This individuality stuff is a bunch of crap. The bilious bastards who wrote that stuff about individuality for the Saturday Evening Post don’t know anything more about real battle than they do about fornicating.

We have the finest food and equipment, the best spirit and the best men in the world. You know, by God I actually pity those poor bastards we’re going up against. By God, I do. We’re not just going to shoot the bastards, we’re going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We’re going to murder those lousy Hun bastards by the bushel.

Now, some of you boys, I know, are wondering whether or not you'll chicken out under fire. Don't worry about it. I can assure you that you will all do your duty. The Nazis are the enemy. Wade into them. Spill their blood. Shoot them in the belly. When you put your hand into a bunch of goo that a moment before was your best friend's face, you'll know what to do.

Now there’s another thing I want you to remember. I don’t want to get any messages saying that we are holding our position. We’re not holding anything. Let the Hun do that. We are advancing constantly and we’re not interested in holding onto anything except the enemy. We're going to hold onto him by the nose and we're going to kick him in the ass. We're going to kick the hell out of him all the time and we're gonna go through him like crap through a goose.

There’s one thing that you men will be able to say when you get back home. And you may thank God for it. Thirty years from now when you’re sitting around your fireside with your grandson on your knee and he asks you what did you do in the great World War II, you won’t have to say, "Well, I shoveled shit in Louisiana."

Alright now, you sons-of-bitches, you know how I feel. Oh, and I will be proud to lead you wonderful guys into battle – anytime, anywhere.

That’s all."

-George S. Patton

tiny tim
Crimson Cripple

Male Number of posts : 1762
Registration date : 2009-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:21 pm

tim....

obey the laws of TL;DR!!!!
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:49 pm

My favorite quote of all time is written on a plaque on the launch pad where the Apollo 1 disaster occurred. It reads:

"In memory of those who made the ultimate sacrifice, so others could reach for the stars. Ad astra per aspera"

That Latin at the end means 'A rough road leads to the stars.' The whole thing makes me tear up every time I read it. Sad
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by czar Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:57 pm

"Look, the people you are after are the people you depend on. We cook your meals, we haul your trash, we connect your calls, we drive your ambulances. We guard you while you sleep. Do not... fuck with us. "
czar
czar
Minion

Male Number of posts : 570
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Death no More Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:02 pm

"We have nothing to fear but fear itself." Franklin D. Roosevelt

So true...
Death no More
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2178
Registration date : 2009-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Yam Head Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:48 pm

Truth: "Can you see Arbiter the moment of salvation is at hand?"
Arbiter: "It will not last."
Truth: "Your kind, never did believe in the promise of the sacred rings."
GM: "LIES FOR THE WEAK. BEACONS FOR THE DELUDED."
Arbiter: "I will have my revenge, on a Prophet, not a [i]PLAGUE"
Truth: "My feet tread the path...I shall become a god!
GM: "YOU WILL BE FOOLED. NOTHING MORE."
Truth: "Nooo!"
Truth: "I. Am. Truth. The voice of the covenant!"
Arbiter: "And so, you must be silenced."
Truth: "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"
Arbiter: "RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWR!"

My favorite scene from Halo 3 Razz
Yam Head
Yam Head
Minion

Male Number of posts : 730
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post by XNate02 Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:50 pm

Soldier: Sir we're surrounded!
Captain: Good! Then we can attack in any direction

O.o
XNate02
XNate02
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2345
Registration date : 2008-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by R!zZle BiZzl£ Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:59 pm

"i got the sucka" Barack Obama
R!zZle BiZzl£
R!zZle BiZzl£
Minion

Male Number of posts : 354
Registration date : 2009-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:31 pm

"NO ZOMBIE IS SAFE FROM CHICAGO TED!" - Chicago Ted
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Yam Head Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:39 pm

BY AZURA, BY AZURA, BY AZURA! ITS THE GRAND CHAMPION! STANDING HERE! NEXT TO ME!
Yam Head
Yam Head
Minion

Male Number of posts : 730
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post by RX Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:21 pm

ReconToaster wrote:My favorite quote of all time is written on a plaque on the launch pad where the Apollo 1 disaster occurred. It reads:

"In memory of those who made the ultimate sacrifice, so others could reach for the stars. Ad astra per aspera"

That Latin at the end means 'A rough road leads to the stars.' The whole thing makes me tear up every time I read it. Sad
I've heard that one before, but I forgot where it came from.

I do love that quote aswell..
RX
RX
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1958
Registration date : 2008-12-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:07 pm

XNate02 wrote:Soldier: Sir we're surrounded!
Captain: Good! Then we can attack in any direction

O.o

LOL.

Now my turn. "STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM!!" -One of Oblivion's random telepathic guards.
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2136
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Ukurse Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:01 am

"I sexed your mum"
-Maji (Sp)
Ukurse
Ukurse
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1441
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:05 am

There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.
Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Freedom is not free, but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share.
Ned Dolan

I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all.
Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders

Hell, these are Marines. Men like them held Guadalcanal and took Iwo Jima. Bagdad ain't shit.
Marine Major General John F. Kelly

We signed up knowing the risk. Those innocent people in New York didn't go to work thinking there was any kind of risk.
Pvt. Mike Armendariz-Clark, USMC; Afghanastan, 20 September 2001
As reported on page 1 of the New York Times

The safest place in Korea was right behind a platoon of Marines. Lord, how they could fight!
MGen. Frank E. Lowe, USA; Korea, 26 January 1952

Marines know how to use their bayonets. Army bayonets may as well be paper-weights.
Navy Times; November 1994

Why in hell can't the Army do it if the Marines can. They are the same kind of men; why can't they be like Marines.
Gen. John J. "Black Jack" Pershing, USA; 12 February 1918

The United States Marine Corps, with its fiercely proud tradition of excellence in combat, its hallowed rituals, and its unbending code of honor, is part of the fabric of American myth.
Thomas E. Ricks; Making the Corps, 1997

For all of those that have son's or daughter's at bootcamp let me pass on what I found. Let me give you a little back ground first. When my son left home he had no motivation, he was lazy, slobby, no pride, no self worth. This is the boy that got off the bus March 18th at Parris Island. The man that I met on Thursday for parents day is AWESOME. There is no way I can describe to you all the difference. He looks different, he walks different, he talks different, he has such a sense of bearing and pride all I could do was look at him in awe. Oh yes, the training is hard, what he went through is unimaginable to any one that has not been there. They are definitely taught to be Warriors. Let me tell you the surprise of what else they are taught. My Marine son has better values, better morals, better manners than any one I know. It is so much more than Yes Sir, Yes Mam...so much more. He cares about how he looks, he cares about what he does, and its not a boastful, bad ass thing. He is a true gentleman. I saw patience, and a calmness in him that I have never seen. I could never express my gratitude enough to the Marine Corps for what they have given my son. I know this, I have an 11 year old Devil pup still at home. When the time comes for his turn if I had to I would take him kicking and screaming all the way. Although I'm sure that will not happen. The hero worship I see in my younger sons eyes for his Marine brother tells me I will have two Marines in the family, and I will be one very proud mother.
"Cybil", Mother of a Marine writing to the myMarine Group

The raising of that flag on Suribachi means a Marine Corps for the next five hundred years.
James Forrestal, Secretary of the Navy; 23 February 1945
(the flag-raising on Iwo Jima had been immortalized in a photograph by Associated Press photographer Joe Rosenthal)

I have just returned from visiting the Marines at the front, and there is not a finer fighting organization in the world!
General of the Armies Douglas MacArthur; Korea, 21 September 1950

We have two companies of Marines running rampant all over the northern half of this island, and three Army regiments pinned down in the southwestern corner, doing nothing. What the hell is going on?
Gen. John W. Vessey Jr., USA, Chairman of the the Joint Chiefs of Staff
during the assault on Grenada, 1983

The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!
Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945

Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985

Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat.
RAdm. "Jay" R. Stark, USN; 10 November 1995

They told (us) to open up the Embassy, or "we'll blow you away." And then they looked up and saw the Marines on the roof with these really big guns, and they said in Somali, "Igaralli ahow," which means "Excuse me, I didn't mean it, my mistake".
Karen Aquilar, in the U.S. Embassy; Mogadishu, Somalia, 1991

For over 221 years our Corps has done two things for this great Nation. We make Marines, and we win battles.
Gen. Charles C. Krulak, USMC (CMC); 5 May 1997

Come on, you sons of bitches! Do you want to live forever?
GySgt. Daniel J. "Dan" Daly, USMC
near Lucy-`le-Bocage as he led the 5th Marines' attack into Belleau Wood, 6 June 1918

Gone to Florida to fight the Indians. Will be back when the war is over.
Colonel Commandant Archibald Henderson, USMC
in a note pinned to his office door, 1836

Don't you forget that you're First Marines! Not all the communists in Hell can overrun you!
Col. Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC
rallying his First Marine Regiment near Chosin Reservoir, Korea, December 1950

Marines die, that's what we're here for. But the Marine Corps lives forever. And that means YOU live forever.
the mythical GySgt. Hartman, USMC; portrayed by GySgt. R. Lee Ermey, a Marine Corps Drill Instructor using his own choice of words in Full Metal Jacket, 1987

You'll never get a Purple Heart hiding in a foxhole! Follow me!
Capt. Henry P. Crowe, USMC; Guadalcanal, 13 January 1943

We are United States Marines, and for two and a quarter centuries we have defined the standards of courage, esprit, and military prowess.
Gen. James L. Jones, USMC (CMC); 10 November 2000

There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.
Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Freedom is not free, but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share.
Ned Dolan

I love the Corps for those intangible possessions that cannot be issued: pride, honor, integrity, and being able to carry on the traditions for generations of warriors past.
Cpl. Jeff Sornig, USMC; in Navy Times, November 1994

I have only two men out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold.
1stLt. Clifton B. Cates, USMC
in Belleau Wood, 19 July 1918

Courage is endurance for one moment more…
Unknown Marine Second Lieutenant in Vietnam

My only answer as to why the Marines get the toughest jobs is because the average Leatherneck is a much better fighter. He has far more guts, courage, and better officers... These boys out here have a pride in the Marine Corps and will fight to the end no matter what the cost.
2nd Lt. Richard C. Kennard, Peleliu, World War II

A Marine should be sworn to the patient endurance of hardships, like the ancient knights; and it is not the least of these necessary hardships to have to serve with sailors.
Field Marshal Bernard Montgomery

Lying offshore, ready to act, the presence of ships and Marines sometimes means much more than just having air power or ship's fire, when it comes to deterring a crisis. And the ships and Marines may not have to do anything but lie offshore. It is hard to lie offshore with a C-141 or C-130 full of airborne troops.
Gen. Colin Powell, U. S. Army
Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff
During Operation Desert Storm

This was the first time that the Marines of the two nations had fought side by side since the defence of the Peking Legations in 1900. Let it be said that the admiration of all ranks of 41 Commando for their brothers in arms was and is unbounded. They fought like tigers and their morale and esprit de corps is second to none.
Lt Col. D.B. Drysdale, Commanding
41 Commando, Chosen Reservoir, on the 1st Marine Division Division

The wonderful love of a beautiful maid,
The love of a staunch true man,
The love of a baby, unafraid,
Have existed since time began.

But the greatest of loves, The quintessence of loves.
even greater than that of a mother,
Is the tender, passionate, infinite love,
of one drunken Marine for another.

"Semper Fidelis"

General Louis H. Wilson
Commandant of the Marine Corps
Toast given at 203rd Marine Corps Birthday Ball
Camp Lejueune, N.C. 1978

You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth- and the amusing thing about it is that they are.
Father Kevin Keaney
1st Marine Division Chaplain
Korean War

There was always talk of espirit de corps, of being gung ho, and that must have been a part of it. Better, tougher training, more marksmanship on the firing range, the instant obedience to orders seared into men in boot camp.
James Brady, columnist, novelist,
press secretary to President Reagan, television personality and
Marine

The bended knee is not a tradition of our Corps.
General Alexander A. Vandergrift, USMC
to the Senate Naval Affairs Committee, 5 May 1946

By their victory, the 3rd, 4th and 5th Marine Divisions and other units of the Fifth Amphibious Corps have made an accounting to their country which only history will be able to value fully. Among the Americans who served on Iwo Island, uncommon valor was a common virtue.
Admiral Chester W. Nimitz, U.S. Navy

Being ready is not what matters. What matters is winning after you get there.
LtGen Victor H. Krulak, USMC
April 1965

The Marine Corps has just been called by the New York Times, 'The elite of this country.' I think it is the elite of the world.
Admiral William Halsey, U.S. Navy

I still need Marines who can shoot and salute. But I need Marines who can fix jet engines and man sophisticated radar sets, as well.
General Robert E. Cushman, Jr., USMC
Commandant of the Marine Corps, 17 May 1974

I can't say enough about the two Marine divisions. If I use words like 'brilliant,' it would really be an under description of the absolutely superb job that they did in breaching the so-called 'impenetrable barrier.' It was a classic- absolutely classic- military breaching of a very very tough minefield, barbed wire, fire trenches-type barrier.
Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf, U. S. Army
Commander, Operation Desert Storm, February 1991

I am convinced that there is no smarter, handier, or more adaptable body of troops in the world.
Prime Minister of Britain, Sir Winston Churchhill

The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle.
Gen. John "Black Jack" Pershing, U.S. Army
Commander of American Forces in World War I

Do not attack the First Marine Division. Leave the yellowlegs alone. Strike the American Army.
Orders given to Communist troops in the Korean War;
shortly afterward, the Marines were ordered
to not wear their khaki leggings.

The American Marines have it [pride], and benefit from it. They are tough, cocky, sure of themselves and their buddies. They can fight and they know it.
General Mark Clark, U.S. Army

They (Women Marines) don't have a nickname, and they don't need one. They get their basic training in a Marine atmosphere, at a Marine Post. They inherit the traditions of the Marines. They are Marines.
LtGen Thomas Holcomb, USMC
Commandant of the Marine Corps, 1943

I've always been proud of being a Marine. I won't hesitate to defend the Corps.
Jonathan Winters, comic and Marine

Every Marine is, first and foremost, a rifleman. All other conditions are secondary.
Gen. A. M. Gray, USMC
Commandant of the Marine Corps

A Ship without Marines is like a garment without buttons.
Adm. David Dixon Porter, USN in a letter to
Colonel Commandant John Harris, USMC, 1863

The Marines have landed and the situation is well in hand.
Attributed to Richard Harding Davis (1864-1916)

If I had one more division like this First Marine Division I could win this war.
General of the Armies Douglas McArthur in Korea,
overheard and reported by Marine Staff Sergeant Bill Houghton, Weapons/2/5
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny tim Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:29 am

"Join the Marines if you want to fight. Join the Army if you want the job you signed up for."
-my former tech teacher.

The marines are a great fighting group but they bring all of their supplies with them so they really could not survive without the Army's supply lines and support. The Marines usually do not serve as an occupational force without the Army.

tiny tim
Crimson Cripple

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:42 am

thats because marines aren't an occupational force.

they're a spearhead.

and about the whole 'job you signed up for' that's bullshit.

I signed up for Avionics. I'm getting avionics. I can't do anything outside the avionics field without filling out paperwork and applying for it.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny tim Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:46 am

It was a joke. Although I think the Marines are more likely to have you moved to a combat role than the Army is.

tiny tim
Crimson Cripple

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:47 am

as in 0% without my consent?

even 75% of infantry don't even see combat.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny tim Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:50 am

I am well aware of that. But if you think about it the Marines need more combat forces and thus would be more likely to pressure you somehow to fill a combat role. Don't get me wrong here, I am a huge supporter of the armed forces but I may be a little biased as my cousin and my brother are both in the Army and I plan on joining the Army.

tiny tim
Crimson Cripple

Back to top Go down

Post by Ukurse Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:53 am

KristallNacht wrote:
even 75% of infantry don't even see combat.
That is good?
Ukurse
Ukurse
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1441
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Death no More Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:11 am

Ar-Ex wrote:
ReconToaster wrote:My favorite quote of all time is written on a plaque on the launch pad where the Apollo 1 disaster occurred. It reads:

I've heard that one before, but I forgot where it came from.

I do love that quote aswell..
Challenger
Death no More
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2178
Registration date : 2009-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down