Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

600 A.D. 4 dead

Go down

600 A.D. 4 dead Empty 600 A.D. 4 dead

Post by Ben Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:25 pm

Chapter One
The night began as all nights do, disrobing. Removing my armor, chainmail, boots, and setting aside my weapons. I walk across my bedchamber to lay next to my beautiful wife, but I stop. Hesitating for reasons unsure to me. Then I shake off my baseless worries and head to sleep. This night however was different, for my worries had a very real foundation. A plague had been lumbering across the lands for the longest of times. It is said that it came from an East Asian Empire and found its way into Africa. Then came across the sea into Southern Europe and then found us here, in Iceland. Actions however, the plague itself, was the only event I had ever seen travel faster than the rumors of it. Wildfire moved like a snail in comparison. The plague of which I am speaking, can be most readily described as Death. Death had found a way to manifest itself and accumulate an army of those fallen. Myself and my house have managed to avoid Death thus far, but i fear, as I stand before my bed, that we will be incapable of withstanding them much longer. I hear moans and squeals off in the distance and know that Death's men are approaching. Their decomposing stench cannot be mistaken for anything else. I have heard rumors that many men with ships, from fishing boats to warships of vast size, are currently out at sea, with enough resources to outlast this plague. At first I figured I knew better because no man woman or child can outlast Death, but now, now I wish I was on the sea. I am just creeping into the sheets when I hear a bang on the door. Before I can address the noise, my dear friend and fellow warrior named Agaeus walked into my chamber.

"Prince Roderick, I have news!" he said, obvious shock lit up his facial expression.

"Speak Agaeus," I told him. I rose from my bed, but my wife remained deep in her sleep.

"The demons, the walking dead, they are fast approaching in numbers we couldn't combat at our best!" I didn't let Agaeus get into a worrisome rant about Death's minions. That isn't what I needed at the moment.

"Agaeus, ready everyone who can fight, but order Ronan, Dane, and Brude to take all women and children away from here! They are leaving."

"And what of our King, my Prince?" he asked me.

"Our King? My father can stay and fight alongside us who are also staying. So be ready, we are about to kill death!"

Ben
Minion

Male Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-06-23

Back to top Go down