Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Darwin Awards.

+11
kslidz
Rasq'uire'laskar
Ringleader
Cheese
KrAzY
CivBase
tiny tim
Lord Pheonix
BBJynne
Nocbl2
Vigil
15 posters

Go down

The Darwin Awards. Empty The Darwin Awards.

Post by Vigil Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:03 pm

Should we be endorsing this? Discuss.
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

The Darwin Awards. Empty Re: The Darwin Awards.

Post by Nocbl2 Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:14 pm

That is retarded...
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by BBJynne Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:43 pm

RANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANTRANT.......................

BBJynne
The Lord's Blood Knight

Male Number of posts : 5059
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:48 pm

Please try to take this seriously.

I don't think this is something that people should ignore.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by BBJynne Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:55 pm

okay

how about this?

many people don't care about other people

some of them are more disturbed than others

not anything can really be done about this situation

BBJynne
The Lord's Blood Knight

Male Number of posts : 5059

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:57 pm

I laughed too at the story of the kid in the limo
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7574
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:02 pm

True, but that person had a family, and they had to cope with his dead.

I have no problem with you laughing at it, as you not laughing because he's dead, your laughing at the irony of the death, but it's just the site's mission statement that I disaggree with, much like the person in the video.

It's close to Hitler and the Final solution.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny tim Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:06 pm

i think he fails to see that it is not just the genes that contribute to natural selection it is the behaviors passed down by the parents. So by dying that kid effectively removed his stupidity from being passed down.

tiny tim
Crimson Cripple

Male Number of posts : 1762
Registration date : 2009-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:12 pm

Evolution doesn't work like that.

He pointed out a very important point. It wasn't an instinctive descision it was a poorly thought out one.

We all make stupid mistakes. It's just some cost people their lives.

It would only be natural selection if they had died because their natural adaptations had failed them.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:14 pm

I doubt that story is even true, the Height limitation of a bridge/tunnel that low?

That is not the point, but just wanted to point that out.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7574
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:24 pm

Ture, it was probably some stories some high school kids came up with, and it got circulated.

But that's besides the topic, most of the stories on the site are real, and the people who died had real families. Sure their stupidity got them killed, but that doesn't mean that our species is any better.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny tim Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:36 pm

it kinda does though because if someone dies of lighting a match inside a fuel tanker for some light, then that serves as an example of something not to do. Or if someone likes to do a lot of wheelies, then his son or something will probably think that is cool. If he falls and dies while doing a wheelie, then his son will know that it is dangerous and that he could die if he tries it.

tiny tim
Crimson Cripple

Male Number of posts : 1762
Registration date : 2009-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:23 pm

While the stories aren't funny and should not be, this guy is messed up in the head as well.

PS: Darwin sucks.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:51 pm

people die all the time.... soldies tell war stories of enemy combatants who lost their lives in gruesome or odd ways... is that wrong? because those "bad guys" had families also.

if I died because something I was doing was stupid... than it is my fault. feel bad that I am dead, but I expect that if how I died was funny, that people will laugh.

lets put it this way... if you are dumb enough to do something that is extremely stupid (like stick you head out of limo after the driver told you its dangerous)... then its your own fault.

nothing wrong with it...
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3965
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:25 am

I cant watch the vid cos im on my neighbours wavering internet, but I have a Darwin awards book and I have to say some of them are pretty funny.

And I should also add most of them are way more stupid than sticking your head out of a limo.

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2259
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:40 am

Well, stupidity is becoming increasingly prolific, one story was a lady and a guy sleeping on a roof, and the lady rolled off, this was not an easily avoidable one, because they chose to sleep up there, because there stupid and didn't sleep inside or somewhere on the roof that had a guard wall. 9 of 10 retarded babies are aborted while still in the womb, does that mean the mothers of the 9 of 10 babies are evil, heartless monsters like this guy is implying? I don't think so, more likely they aptly think that they are not prepared to do so. You mean that people are not born to handle situations that would never naturally occur? Yes, and they shouldn't be pressured into doing so.

The success of people is built off of failures of other people, this not only applies if someone is trying to invent a new toaster, but the people themselves are the product of millions of years of evolutionary refinement, refinement that occurs where today? You would be surprised how dependent acceptability, and rock solid morals are on preexisting cultural conditions, if you were to go to the island nations of the pacific, or the tribes of the Amazon, do you think they still have the same moral standing as we do regarding all of this?

I don't think its that funny that a kid got decapitated, but I realize the importance of natural selection, and that a concept is no less legitimate just because it aint pretty, or make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

NONTHIESTIC! BUZZWORD!
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:08 am

Like sneaking into a hardwood forest with the intent to make off with some precious teak...
Climbing up in one of the trees...
And where cartoon characters die by sawing off the branch they're standing on, you decide to (and you feel oh-so-clever about this) saw off the branch directly above you.

So yeah, it's rather cool, but if I die because I wanted to prove that "those Ice Truckers aren't so tough" and drive my Hummer out on the lake in February, I want people to laugh. And the "Gene Pool" thing only makes it funnier.

The gene pool aspect is a joke, and a funny one at that. If it wasn't... then it would be terrible.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2929
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by kslidz Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:30 pm

Ringleader wrote:9 of 10 retarded babies are aborted while still in the womb

thats a good thing?

kslidz
Minion

Male Number of posts : 753
Registration date : 2009-02-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:54 pm

Cheese wrote: I should also add most of them are way more stupid than sticking your head out of a limo.

Yeah, that one really isn't all that funny. I mean, it's dangerous to stick your head out of a limo, but it's also dangerous to hold your hands above your head on roller coasters. Everyone does it. That one isn't really worthy of a Darwin Award.

There was one 'given' to a guy who sold these high quality windows to corporations. They were supposed to be extremely strong, and so he would demonstrate this quality to potential clients by going up to the 70th story on one of the sky scrapers with those windows, and throw himself as hard as he could onto the glass.

One day... his windows failed... and he fell seventy-some stories to his death.

Anyways, The guy in the video is over-reacting to quite an extreme. He's just ranting for the sake of ranting. While the death situations in the book/magazine may not be satire, the mission statement is. The editors of the site do not honestly believe that those people deserved to die. However, their deaths were IRONIC, and so they offer a good laugh. I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

Kslidz wrote:thats a good thing?

O hellz yeah! Don't start nothin' now...
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Ukurse Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:45 am

I can't watch the video now, but as some of you were saying, somethings that people do to get themselves killed helps other more than if they had stayed alive.

Nowadays people can tell if something is deadly by just running a few lab tests, but in the old'n days, how could people tell that 5 minutes in freezing cold lake can kill you, or a type of frog is deadly...
People had to die from them, so future generations can be safer and smarter.

But somethings still apply in today. Man falls off something at fairly safe hieght, maybe half a story. But he falls is a certain way that makes him land on his neck or back and breaks his spine, he dies, and then someone puts it on the internet, rails start poping up.
Ukurse
Ukurse
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1441

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:29 am

Well even the user of that video felt he went a little too far in that video, and made a second softening his points a great deal.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:40 am

I stopped watching at 1:31.

This is why I don't go full nerd.
I don't like nerds.

He takes shit too seriously, I mean, I don't really like these stories any more than he does, but still, the way he's describing all this.
I can't stand people who think they're better than the primary body of people because they're more intelligent.
It just irritates the hell out of me.

I'm so sick of this stuck up shit.
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573

Back to top Go down

Post by czar Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:42 pm

BBJynne wrote:okay

how about this?

many people don't care about other people

some of them are more disturbed than others

not anything can really be done about this situation
ex. Seinfeld, that is all
czar
czar
Minion

Male Number of posts : 570
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:15 am

kslidz wrote:
Ringleader wrote:9 of 10 retarded babies are aborted while still in the womb

thats a good thing?

I never said it was good or bad, I meant simply that the parents of the babies thought it appropriate to do this, which is the most blatant and intentional "rooting out" of humans, probably in the world.

Good and Bad are very vague and subjective points of view, good to my self esteem? good for our civilization? our "gene pool"? or good for those aborted babies? Lets theorize on this, if I was born with some rare disorder, in which I have no brain, and have to be in life support my whole life, costing millions of dollars to other people who they themselves have their own situations. If I was aware of such a drain on others, that they would have to devote their valuable time and money and effort into me, who will amount to nothing my whole life, I would prefer not to hinder progress. It's a question of moral obligation not subjective to culture, but inherent in all who can comprehend self sacrifice, and putting others before yourself. What do we do with crazy people? we put them in an asylum because they cannot think for themselves, we project our thought to those who cannot think for themselves and put them in their place that would benefit them the most and benefit the majority the most. Putting people in their place is a strong concept, we imprison law breakers, or we entice smarter or harder working people into college with scholarships. But there is an invisible boundary that seems ominous and taboo to cross, what do we do when the only solution that can amount to the ultimate gain of the majority is elimination? Well, we do this already with people who commit a capital offense, of course this only shows that they can amount to nothing or too little too little for the trouble, and they absorb other individuals into their actions, do you see a connection here? These people may have some personality disorder or society may have put them their, either case, if they had a choice, to change their lives, I am pretty darn sure they would, but they cant, proving life is not fair. Concurrently, this holds true with people who are born with mental retardation, life has dealt them a bad hand, similarly to how the person with an antisocial personality disorder is more prone to committing a murder.

Its not a question of why or what their disorders are, assigning different social labels to inhibitors is irrelevant when we know there is only one true flavor of progress (whether we know it or not). We must ask ourselves, how will this help? how will this hurt? and this helps clear up many hairy social issues that may seem confusing and impossible to resolve. I personally think that it is cruel to block someone from experiencing life to its full potential.
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum