Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost

+2
Carlos Spicyweiner
Gold Spartan
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Lost Empty The Lost

Post by Gold Spartan Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:52 pm

this is my first attempt at writing an FF so bear with me, keep in mind though that it is not based on Halo, though it is involved.

Prologue
Situation Report

Time: 39th Millennia, 38768

Destination: Armageddon

Ship: Retribution, Mars Pattern Battle Cruiser

Status: Critical, major infrastructural damage, shields at twenty three percent, major hull damage, Nova Cannon offline. Ammunition, Twelve torpedoes left, enough energy for three lances, weapon batteries at thirty percent
WARNING!!! WARNING!!!WARP DRIVE CRITICAL!!!WARP DRI-

Admiral Tiberius Harken sighed as he closed the report. Jumping into the Warp was a desperate move. It was either that or be destroyed by the heretics, but was it worth getting lost in the Warp? Without their Navigator they were as good as dead. So many repairs to be done, so many servitors to replace…oh well thought the Admiral, problems for tomorrow. He took a look around the bridge and sighed again. The Bridge was in ruins, the sickly-sweet smell of burning flesh was overwhelming. But it was his ship, so he must endure it. Mangled corpses of long dead servitors and engineers could still be seen on the deck. His train of thought however was interrupted when Colonel Jordan Akarius barged in.
“Admiral! I demand you tell me what is going on!”Shouted the Colonel. He was a short man, paled skin, with short gray hair. He was short tempered and arrogant, but he was a good commander.
“If you must know Colonel”, said the Admiral,” Were lost in the Warp, and our ship is heavily damaged, so go back to your men and tell them to brace for an impact.” Harken didn’t think the colonel’s face could get any paler, but the admiral was paler than usual.”I’ll alert my surviving men,” stammered the Colonel.”The emperor protects…” the Colonel continued to mutter prayers while leaving the Bridge. Why did I tell him that? Thought Harken, he was still contemplating this while he was looking over the status report again. Suddenly a warning appeared on his comm. They had been lost in the warp for a week now, and they had to find a way out even without a Navigator. None of the Psykers had survived the warp storm they had passed through three hours ago.
“WARNING! WARNING! WARP DRIVE DISABLED! EMERGENCY EXIT OF THE WARP!”

“Fuck.”Was all the Admiral had to say before he was knocked unconscious by the unexpected servitor falling from the above wreckage.

Chapter 1

When Harken regained consciousness he had a monstrous headache and found himself on a bed in the Med bay, at least that was operational, mused the Admiral. He made a move to get up but was pushed down by the medic,
”You just suffered a head injury Admiral,” said Medic Alexandros,”It’d be best if you stayed down.”

“I don’t have time for this...” The Admiral murmured, still dazed. ”...Must get back to the Bridge, I mu-“ he was stopped short when Captain Augustus stepped into the room.

“We have already exited the Warp, if not in the way we were hoping for.” He calmly stated.

“Were there any difficulties?”Asked Harken,

“In a way, yes; the weapon batteries are all but destroyed, and the hull has taken extensive damage. Not to mention the warp drive is useless. Shields are at five percent” Augustus replied grimly. The news stunned Harken, even a stray battery shot could pierce their shields.

“What is the nearest planet? We must find a location to make repairs, or else be destroyed by the next assault” Said the Admiral grimly.

“That’s the problem Admiral,” replied the captain.”I have no clue where we are, I think we're in uncharted space.” At word of this Harken’s face turn ghostly white. Uncharted space? Impossible! It couldn’t be! The wards should’ve stopped them!

Sighing, the Admiral continued “What is the nearest planet?”Asked Harken.

“I’m not sure what it’s called, but our initial scans are telling us it’s a temperate planet with a primarily methane atmosphere.”What has the colonel done to explore this planet?” Asked the Admiral. “The Colonel? He sent in his remaining Kasrkin units to scout the surface and clear a landing zone.” Replied Augustus.

“The Emperor protects” Mumbled Harken, “Hopefully we won’t need to shed blood. I don’t think this ship could take any more damage.” He said in a louder voice.”Report to the Colonel and tell him I request an audience.”He told Augustus.

He only replied ”As you say Admiral.”

“Admiral, I hope you are felling better after your incident on the bridge.” Said Green dryly. The Colonel could be very irritating at times, but at least he was a competent commander.

“I’d like to know why you have decided it would be wise to send your best troops when we can barely keep this ship moving.” Questioned the Admiral. It was more of a demand, but at the moment he could care less.

“We're searching the planet for any sign of life. The Kasrkin are the only ones suited for the job due to the atmosphere; now unless you think Retribution can just land on an uncharted planet you had best leave me to handle the surface.” Said Green with a hint of acid in his voice. Before the Admiral could respond Captain Augustus barged into the room looking like an army of Heretics were chasing him.

“Sir, your wanted on the bridge immediately! Incoming message from an unknown ship that has just entered the sector!” reported Augustus with anxiety written across his features.

“Well, I guess we will have to cut our meeting short, Colonel. The Emperor protects” Finished the Admiral as he rose from his sickbed to go to the bridge. As he walked down the halls of the ship towards the bridge, he saw how bad the damage actually was. Even here, where incoming fire would be weakest, the servitors were working to repair what damage they could. The ship will never be the same again, thought Harken glumly, stepping over another piece of debris as he threaded his way to the Bridge. “Admiral,incoming transmission! Trying to patch it through now! Good to see your alright!” Shouted Ensign Keith, he was a short man, with graying short hair. He always looked like he was ready to tear your face off.

“Good, let us see if we can’t find out where we are.” Said the Admiral thoughtfully.

However, instead of the expected voice of a fellow Human, a strange voice spoke, the words unkown to the crew of the (insert hsip name here). This could mean only one thing...

“Xenos!” Shouted Harken as the other ship’s batteries started to glow. ”Prepare a lance! They won’t live to regret their mistake of entering our site! But we can’t let them shoot first or were done for!”

Marraktus peered over the reports methodically as the plasma torpedoes were fired into the hostile ship. He was the Commander of The Lightbringer, a supercarrier class Covenant ship. The Great Journey was to happen soon, but these demons must be eliminated first. He watched in satisfaction as they detonated on the enemy ship, but his grin faded away as he saw nothing had happened to the ship.

“Prepare the Energy Projectors!” Shouted Marraktus to the gunners.”These demon's shields are stronger than we thought.” But then a giant red beam of light was suddenly seen headed towards the bridge, and it was the last thing he saw before he was obliterated.

Harken let out a breath as the entire upper half of the Enemy ship was obliterated by the Lance. He had thought when the blue, shining beams of energy would pierce the hull, but they just slid off, like water.
“Search the wreckage, we may find something useful.” Said Harken to Augustus.

“As you command Admiral.” he replied.

The search was taking longer than Harken had originally anticipated. So as he anxiously waited for the search party to return, he went over the reports again, nothing was different than before, but at least it gave him something to do. So after at least eight hours, they returned.

“What do you have to report Sergeant?” Inquired Harken. Sergeant Hoffman was a tall, well built with broad shoulders. He had Green eyes that always reminded the colonel of death.

“We found logs of some kind that are being decrypted as we speak, and other files as well. As we know as of now though is that they were heading for something called the Ark, we believe it to be a structure of some sort.” Reported Hoffman in a cold voice to match his eyes.

“Does it give coordinates?” Asked Harken, luckily the warp drive had been partially repaired, so they could at least jump a dozen systems.

“No, but we should know soon enough.” Said Hoffman.

“Oh well, now we wait for the recon teams to return, we must land and make repairs before anything else.” Said the Admiral in a voice he hoped didn’t sound hollow.
It was cold and dark inside the troop bay of the Valkyrie, but the squad of Kasrkin inside paid little attention. Their minds were set on the mission. Inside the troop bay, all members of the recon party prepared themselves. One particular soldier however, fidgeted with his Hellgun, hands shaking so much that he barely kept his grip on it.

“So this is your first mission?” Asked Kasrkin Jake, turning his head to the nervous soldier.

“Yeah.” Responded Kasrkin Seath.

“Don’t worry,” Said Jake,”Just don’t get shot, and you’ll be fine.”

“Yes sir!”Was all Seath could say before the Valkyrie jolted as it touched down.

"EVERYBODY MOVE!" the Sergeant barked, and the squad quickly exited the craft onto the surface of the unknown world.

Last edited by Gold Spartan5 on Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://www.fftu.info/forum/index.php?

Back to top Go down

The Lost Empty Re: The Lost

Post by Carlos Spicyweiner Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:05 pm

Good job gold
Carlos Spicyweiner
Carlos Spicyweiner
Minion

Male Number of posts : 803
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasrkin Seath Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:55 am

I knows where this is going
Kasrkin Seath
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Male Number of posts : 3018
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Death no More Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:12 pm

oh wow this is a pretty good FF MOAR PLEASE Razz
Death no More
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2178
Registration date : 2009-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Spartan Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:55 pm

Ch. 1 is up.
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasrkin Seath Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:04 pm

woot
Kasrkin Seath
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Male Number of posts : 3018
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Death no More Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:31 pm

...some mistakes, I kinda twitched when you said Kasrkin seath -_- hes not cut out to be in the imperial Gaurd
Death no More
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Spartan Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:33 pm

Death no more wrote:...some mistakes, I kinda twitched when you said Kasrkin seath -_- hes not cut out to be in the imperial Guard

Learn to spell. His name is KASRKIN, not your average Guard. and ANYONE can join the Guard. The mistakes are probably form this site's retarded way of treating gigantic posts.
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Death no More Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:41 pm

Gold Spartan5 wrote:
Death no more wrote:...some mistakes, I kinda twitched when you said Kasrkin seath -_- hes not cut out to be in the imperial Guard

Learn to spell. His name is KASRKIN, not your average Guard. and ANYONE can join the Guard. The mistakes are probably form this site's retarded way of treating gigantic posts.
Idiot I didnt spell guard wrong nor Kasrkin UNLESS ITS SUPPOSED TO BE IN CAPITALS LIKE THIS.
Death no More
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Spartan Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:44 pm

No, you didnt spell Kasrkin, and yes, you spelled Guard wrong. Yo usaid Gaurd.
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Death no More Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:50 pm

Gold Spartan5 wrote:No, you didnt spell Kasrkin, and yes, you spelled Guard wrong. Yo usaid Gaurd.
>.< sorry I just looked back at my post, usually you just high light the post and not correct it..... I feel stupid now
Death no More
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:01 pm

people need to stop posting in this thread, keeps making me thing that Civ's or OB's story updated
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7574
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Death no More Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:05 pm

Lord Pheonix wrote:people need to stop posting in this thread, keeps making me thing that Civ's or OB's story updated
You know other people have fan fics too, and they want them to be read.
Death no More
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:13 pm

And I care?
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Death no More Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:14 pm

Lord Pheonix wrote:And I care?
and you only care about their stories because there based off TCF
Death no More
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:20 pm

Because its relatable unlike a story based off of a Universe I have never played the games of, read the books of, played the card games of, or had any interaction at all with.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Spartan Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:21 pm

you've never played Halo? confused
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:22 pm

Based off of Warhammer isn't it?
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Spartan Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:23 pm

It's a hybrid of both.
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:34 pm

Well when I browsed through to see what it was about I just noticed the WH material
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Spartan Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:37 pm

Gold Spartan5 wrote:Marraktus peered over the reports methodically as the plasma torpedoes were fired into the hostile ship. He was the Commander of The Lightbringer, a supercarrier class Covenant ship. The Great Journey was to happen soon, but these demons must be eliminated first. He watched in satisfaction as they detonated on the enemy ship, but his grin faded away as he saw nothing had happened to the ship.

God forbid you read that.
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:39 pm

Thats more than a skim, and when I looked through id see "Harken" and "Augustus"
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Spartan Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:44 pm

Since when does READ mean skim? There's going to be more Halo universe POVs later on, but right now it's mainly about the W40k part.
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:53 pm

Lord Pheonix wrote:Well when I browsed through to see what it was about I just noticed the WH material
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasrkin Seath Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:09 pm

lololol.

Death, you REALLY shouldn't be talking about who is cut out for what
Kasrkin Seath