Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ABC News Special: Earth 2100

+3
dragoon9105
Cheese
Zaki90
7 posters

Go down

Was the show far-fetched or should it be taken serouisly?

ABC News Special: Earth 2100 Vote_lcap100%ABC News Special: Earth 2100 Vote_rcap 100% 
[ 6 ]
ABC News Special: Earth 2100 Vote_lcap0%ABC News Special: Earth 2100 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 6

ABC News Special: Earth 2100 Empty ABC News Special: Earth 2100

Post by Zaki90 Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:04 pm

http://www.hulu.com/search?query=earth+2100

It was a 2 hour global event on ABC on Tuesday about life from 2009-2100.

Do ya'll think it was far-fetched or should be taken serouisly.

I feel it focused too much on the bad on many scenes. Those few occurces that were good just need some bad and the many bad scenes need some good. Far-fetched in my eyes.

Zaki90
Minion

Male Number of posts : 764
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

ABC News Special: Earth 2100 Empty Re: ABC News Special: Earth 2100

Post by Cheese Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:06 pm

Hulu doesnt work for me, but sounds interesting. I'll give it alook on the more shady streaming websites that the UK love so much.

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2259
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaki90 Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:00 pm

Cheese wrote:Hulu doesnt work for me, but sounds interesting. I'll give it alook on the more shady streaming websites that the UK love so much.

The first and last act are on youtube.
First:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHxWoelYYYs

Last:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vZ-rraUMwU&feature=related

Zaki90
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoon9105 Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:21 pm

Your missing a moderate choice selection.

Your forgetting things aren't that extreme yet, swine flu isn't the humanity killing epidemic. The conflict in the middle east will resolve itself as long as we just keep our oil stealing noses out. The environment crisis can be solved easily and the only reason we haven't changed drastically yet is because nobody has force us yet.

But on the other hand you can't just ignore all the problems also. we cant keep using fossil fuels. We need to develop other sources of energy.

We need to stop being paranoid that whenever our vision of reality changes because a tree blossomed a day early, yet we also need to address that fact that other countries are making the same mistakes we made a century ago. I mean have you seen India or china lately. it looks like Gilded Age American cities, well excluding the modern technology and the fact that everyone is Asian/Indian.
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaki90 Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:49 pm

Everything was fine until the flood in New York. That "chance" that the gate might not shut was very unlikely. Then the disease strikes. BTW, it wasn't swine flu. How do you go in an airplane when the airport is shut down, the subways are shut down and flooded, the electric cars are dead, and the entire city in crumbles.

And I would have built the wall a bit bigger just in case. And if we know that methane will come out of the ground, why not prepare for it?

Zaki90
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoon9105 Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:55 pm

The Almighty Dollar thats why. Is it cost effective to "waste" money on preparing for global warming, no, thats why people arent doing it at the rate they should.
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaki90 Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:58 pm

dragoon9105 wrote:The Almighty Dollar thats why. Is it cost effective to "waste" money on preparing for global warming, no, thats why people arent doing it at the rate they should.

According to the video we have 75 years.

Zaki90
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoon9105 Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:24 pm

Considering permafrost is already melting in Alaska we may have even less time.

And its not going to stop, china is a brick wall, and if we go to war that will accelerate things.
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:44 pm

actually there is large chance that this interglacial period will end in the next one hundred years.

Regardless the only panacea for the planet is that everyone needs to not have as many babies as they possibly can. Normally there was an extremely positive chance a baby would die in the first few months (as it is with almost every single living organism on the planet), now with all these cure seekers cheating death, they are actually dooming the world to a terrible fate. the Population of India is going to increase and increase, and then what? things will get better? no, people are just going to starve to death more. Medical intervention has created a problem, as it solves temporary ailments, it interferes in the natural flow of things, the evolution of humanity. Diseases are supposed to kill people, but then, they become immune to them, and the problem is solved. I have asthma and I wear glasses, I wonder if all of civilization was to vanish, would I survive? could I shoot a bow and arrow? No, I am the product of this "better world". When did people stop being apes and started being talking, problem solving and tool making beings? Was it when we were living in caves? or when we spent half the day in front of a computer or a wheel?
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:14 pm

Ringleader wrote:actually there is large chance that this interglacial period will end in the next one hundred years.

Regardless the only panacea for the planet is that everyone needs to not have as many babies as they possibly can. Normally there was an extremely positive chance a baby would die in the first few months (as it is with almost every single living organism on the planet), now with all these cure seekers cheating death, they are actually dooming the world to a terrible fate. the Population of India is going to increase and increase, and then what? things will get better? no, people are just going to starve to death more. Medical intervention has created a problem, as it solves temporary ailments, it interferes in the natural flow of things, the evolution of humanity. Diseases are supposed to kill people, but then, they become immune to them, and the problem is solved. I have asthma and I wear glasses, I wonder if all of civilization was to vanish, would I survive? could I shoot a bow and arrow? No, I am the product of this "better world". When did people stop being apes and started being talking, problem solving and tool making beings? Was it when we were living in caves? or when we spent half the day in front of a computer or a wheel?

Some facts.

The amount of people with Asthma has risen dramatically recently. People are now more likely to become sunburnt without sunscreen, since they aren't exposed as much (more time inside, and, when outside, behind a layer of sun tan lotion or such). It will continue to go on and on, but the situation is, so what? What if humans are weak without technology, we are strong with it, so we can survive? Assuming we can get population under control, it won't really do anything, since the medications for the continuely increasing disieses will become more convenient undoubtedly.
TNine
TNine
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1200

Back to top Go down

Post by BBJynne Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:17 pm

hai guise, i herd teh world r gonna asplode lol

BBJynne
The Lord's Blood Knight

Male Number of posts : 5059
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Dud Doodoo Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:07 pm

Wait, they said swine flu was the next human killing epidemic?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HA

Dud Doodoo
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1528
Registration date : 2008-06-29

http://www.moddb.com/mods/broken-arrow-the-world-in-conflict-vie

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaki90 Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:19 pm

Ringleader wrote:actually there is large chance that this interglacial period will end in the next one hundred years.

Nature balances. I agree medical intervention has hurt. Medical intervention hurts in the long term. But it does not damage the balance permanently.

This better world disrupts the the balance. Never disrupt the balance.

TNine wrote:

Some facts.

The amount of people with Asthma has risen dramatically recently. People are now more likely to become sunburnt without sunscreen, since they aren't exposed as much (more time inside, and, when outside, behind a layer of sun tan lotion or such). It will continue to go on and on, but the situation is, so what? What if humans are weak without technology, we are strong with it, so we can survive? Assuming we can get population under control, it won't really do anything, since the medications for the continuely increasing disieses will become more convenient undoubtedly.

The amount of people altogether has risen dramatically. As population grows, so do mutations.

People are more likely to become sunburnt without sunscreen because of the ozone.

We only have 2 options.

1. Intervene and take complete control.

2. Become more efficient or return to the dark ages.

BBJynne wrote:hai guise, i herd teh world r gonna asplode lol

Explosion is the easy way out.

Dud Doodoo wrote:Wait, they said swine flu was the next human killing epidemic?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HA

Nope, it was the fictional Caspian Fever.

P.S.

This multi-quote select helps so much.

Zaki90
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: