Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Left 4 Dead 2

+8
Lord Pheonix
KristallNacht
Angatar
Cheese
Toaster
Ukurse
Felix
Zaki90
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Left 4 Dead 2 Empty Left 4 Dead 2

Post by Zaki90 Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:30 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSfsMJgypdwhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSfsMJgypdw

I hate this. Should have just released more content in updates. Many people don't even have the first one.

What do ya'll think?

Zaki90
Minion

Male Number of posts : 764
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Left 4 Dead 2 Empty Re: Left 4 Dead 2

Post by Felix Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:47 pm

Zaki90 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSfsMJgypdwhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSfsMJgypdw

I hate this. Should have just released more content in updates. Many people don't even have the first one.

What do ya'll think?

already been posted.
Felix
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Ukurse Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:23 pm

10,000 people already decided to boycotting L4D2 because they promised to update and support the first game as much as they support TF2 and they are already making a L4D2 so people assume that they are finished with the first L4D.
Which is funny because if it had been InfinityWard, or EA they wouldn't have cared, InfinityWard have alread anounced CoD7 and they haven't even made Cod6 MW2. The problem is Valve have set such a high standard, and the fans feel betreyed when they see Valve's other successful multiplayer (TF2) getting updates and patch etc, and feel almost no effort being put into L4D.

Which you guys probably have heard of, but I thought it was interesting.
Ukurse
Ukurse
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1441
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:27 pm

I have no problem with it(except that now so many good games are coming out in the same time range, I'll never be able to afford all of these Sad )

Anyway, the first L4D was basically an "experiment" and this one would be more like the final product.
Felix
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:05 pm

Ukurse wrote:Which is funny because if it had been InfinityWard, or EA they wouldn't have cared, InfinityWard have alread anounced CoD7 and they haven't even made Cod6 MW2. The problem is Valve have set such a high standard, and the fans feel betreyed when they see Valve's other successful multiplayer (TF2) getting updates and patch etc, and feel almost no effort being put into L4D.

Well yeah... Valve has a history of being extremely good to its fans. The thing that bothers me is not having to pay for it. I'd be perfectly happy to pay a 10 or 20 dollar fee for the upgrades that L4D2 is going to bring. However, a full, $50 price tag, is simply too expensive for what looks to be very small changes to core game mechanics, in such a short time.

The only reason I continue to buy other game series' is because their release dates are adequately spaced out, and much of the time, they offer a continuation of some kind of narrative. I'm a sucker for storytelling in games.

Valve is releasing what Left 4 Dead should have been from the beginning, for a full fifty dollars, and breaking apart the community.

Left 4 Dead is a whole different kind of game. It is, at its heart, a fully online game. Fully online games are supposed to be continuously updated and, even if for a small fee, added onto with map packs and the sort.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:59 am

ReconToaster wrote:their release dates are adequately spaced out,

This made me laugh. I've still got withdrawal symptoms from the long awaited Half life Ep 3! Razz

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2259
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:12 am

My reaction to this:

"What's this? Valve releasing a sequel in less than 6 years of the original? Blasphemy!"
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:37 pm

Cheese wrote:
ReconToaster wrote:their release dates are adequately spaced out,

This made me laugh. I've still got withdrawal symptoms from the long awaited Half life Ep 3! Razz

Yeah, the time they make us wait for episodes is really becoming... wrong.

It's really not Episodic content at this point. Still, this is the final episode (after this they'll decide whether or not to do more episodes, or make half life 3)

So I guess they're just making it as epic as they can. That or they're too busy working on L4D2
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:13 pm

Man I really do hope they make a Half life 3. Episodic content is great, but there's nothing that can beat the grand campaign of Half Life 2, from the sprawling swamps to zombie infested towns and the epic finale in the city. And more in between.

There's really so much more they can do in a full title. Although I admit the story has gotten much better in the episodes. I'm sure you'll have no trouble remembering Alyx's run in with the hunter.

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2259
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:37 pm

The thing is, L4D2 has a new engine entirely. It's not the same old source engine.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaki90 Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:08 pm

KristallNacht wrote:The thing is, L4D2 has a new engine entirely. It's not the same old source engine.

Really!!!

Link plz

Zaki90
Minion

Male Number of posts : 764

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:11 pm

dude, LOOK at it.

That is NOT source.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:41 pm

If there is a new engine then they obviously can't just give L4D1 an update and make it the same game.

This is going off info that NT presented though, so im not sure how reliable it is.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7574
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:36 pm

KristallNacht wrote:dude, LOOK at it.

That is NOT source.

dude... it looks just like every other source game ever made. If it was a new engine, they would have said so. They would not have kept quiet about the first time they've used a new engine in a DECADE.

It is source.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:42 pm

Dude, when was the last time you saw source to realistic model decay?
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Ukurse Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:43 pm

ReconToaster wrote:

That is NOT source.

dude... it looks just like every other source game ever made.
Besides TF2
Ukurse
Ukurse
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1441
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:58 pm

Ukurse wrote:
ReconToaster wrote:

That is NOT source.

dude... it looks just like every other source game ever made.
Besides TF2

and L4D

and HL2

and CS:S
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:10 am

and L4D

and HL2

and CS:S

NT, it's Source engine. You're looking at a fucking CG trailer. It obviously doesn't LOOK like the other games.

How about you look at an ACTUAL gameplay demo?
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:14 am

In all honesty, that didn't look pre rendered to me. And plenty of other people I talked to feel the same.

Plus there is WAY too much focus on the model decay for that not to translate into the game even if it is pre rendered.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:58 am

Frankly, doubling the size of the versus campaign and adding a survival mode to every area of the game plus a new level, all being free, is more than enough DLC for me to be happy. Anyone who disagrees should think twice.

The game looks wicked and I'd gladly pay $60 if it's anything like the original.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:28 am

NT wrote:In all honesty, that didn't look pre rendered to me. And plenty of other people I talked to feel the same.

Plus there is WAY too much focus on the model decay for that not to translate into the game even if it is pre rendered.

Did you see the blood and gore animation? It was very obviously pre-rendered. It was CG, just like the video at the beginning of the original L4D.

The source engine is EXTREMELY versatile. Valve developed it with the intention of continuing to build upon it for years. It is a VERY efficient engine, built to be easily upgraded.

Model decay is not something that they could not have possibly upgraded Source to be capable of doing. It wasn't capable of doing that sort of thing in Half-Life 2 AT ALL, but the original Left 4 Dead has some of it.

They have released REAL IN GAME DEMO videos. IT IS UPDATED SOURCE ENGINE... just like every other valve game since HL2.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:31 pm

So many acronyms, so little time.
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:29 pm

Valve, Blizzard, and Bungie all receive so much shit for not caring for the community when they drop their standard (actually, more Bungie, this time Valve, never seen Blizzard). The reason is they are very in depth and supportive for the community, and the community feels betrayed when they do something that might offend them.
TNine
TNine
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1200

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:08 pm

TNine wrote:Valve, Blizzard, and Bungie all receive so much shit for not caring for the community when they drop their standard (actually, more Bungie, this time Valve, never seen Blizzard). The reason is they are very in depth and supportive for the community, and the community feels betrayed when they do something that might offend them.

I can't recall anything Bungie has done like this... other than announcing that ODST will be a full priced game D:

Anyways, I may continue to cool down about this in the next couple months, and be more willing to pick up Left 4 Dead 2 when it comes out... but it's likely that I'll wait until a major Steam deal.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:25 pm

ReconToaster wrote:
TNine wrote:Valve, Blizzard, and Bungie all receive so much shit for not caring for the community when they drop their standard (actually, more Bungie, this time Valve, never seen Blizzard). The reason is they are very in depth and supportive for the community, and the community feels betrayed when they do something that might offend them.

I can't recall anything Bungie has done like this... other than announcing that ODST will be a full priced game D:

Anyways, I may continue to cool down about this in the next couple months, and be more willing to pick up Left 4 Dead 2 when it comes out... but it's likely that I'll wait until a major Steam deal.
People are complaining about them "selling recon", that they just want to make money off the map packs (no shit sherlock), about them hardly caring about "game-breaking glitches" (generally, they aren't serious at all). Which is funny, cause Bungie gave away Cold Storage, are always fixing glitches (HLG spots, Halo 3's BxB (which was B-reload-interupt reload with B), Orbital glitch), and generally making Halo 3 as enjoyable as possible.

Edit: Moar, moar: Not giving money to the screenshot taker if you buy a screenshot, not fixing the ranking system, anything that might be wrong.

Here's me telling someone on Bungie.net off for complaining about the Screenshot buying, BTW:

Posted by: jorj17
Posted by: BurntBiscuits

I love the way we're treated like nothing, every time. Of course, you may have taken the shot yet it doesn't belong to you. Just the kind of thing I'd expect from Bungie, anyway to get some money in their hands and leave the people who know what they're doing out on a limb.

Cold Storage. Updates every friday. Interactive employees. Constantly changing and working on Halo 3 matchmaking. Of all the companies i've seen, Bungie is easily the second most interactive and listening to their userbase (Blizzard takes the cake though). Of course, that means they get held to a standard, and when they dip even slightly below that standard, their fanbase starts whining. Wanna see a game and company that just wants to make a few bucks? Check out Halo Wars, pretty much only made for making money, and not for gameplay.

Posted by: BurntBiscuits
Why should other people be making money off MY (Example, my stuff isn't very good) stuff, which I took and I should therefore own.
It's their scenery, their effects, their screenshot-taking software. Any ounce of creativity you put into it is already signed away when you first buy the game. It's NOT yours by any right, legally or morally.

Last edited by TNine on Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
TNine
TNine
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1200

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next