Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Convoy

4 posters

Go down

Convoy Empty Convoy

Post by PiEdude Sun May 03, 2009 5:11 pm

This is something I've been making for Fallen Earth, and I've been posting it on their website.

This will make a lot more sense if you spend some time there, but let me break some things down for you:
The Enforcers are one of the many factions in Fallen Earth.
The Rouges are a clan of Enforcers that broke off from the main faction, and now protects the Convoy, which is a combo-guild of Travelers, CHOTA, and Techs.
The guild is something real I'm making for the game.
The name is a pun, "rouge" is spelled similarly to "rogue", and that's what we are. Rogue. Rouge is also french for red, and that's the guild's main color.
I'll post the flag I made later.
Anyway:

Prologue
_____The sharp hot pain darted through his leg. He let out a yell, then fell to his knees. Jake lowered his pistol, and walked towards him slowly.
_____"Jason, Jason, Jason, how did we get here?" taunted Jake.
_____ Jason said nothing. He just sat there and thought. How did we get here? What happened?
_____ It had all started a few days earlier. Both Jake and Jason were Enforcers, rogue ones, who were in a group called "The Rouges". The events leading up to this moment started on the Convoy.
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Convoy Empty Re: Convoy

Post by PiEdude Sun May 03, 2009 5:12 pm

Episode 1, Part 1
_____"Rambo, this is Watchtower,you got a Crater comin' up in 50 yards, you might wanna make a right, over."
_____"Copy Watchtower, turning right now,"
_____"Rambo" turned right to avoid the Crater, and his dull red Interceptor zoomed by it. A "Crater" was what the GSWACS(Ground Side Early Warning System) called any pothole more than 14 inches wide, and 4 inches deep.
_____It was a dull morning, and Jason--aka, Rambo--was still tired despite four cups of black coffee, and he was bored from the endless hours of driving the Convoy had been doing for the past 3 days.
_____After having been attacked by Enforcers, the Convoy was booking it to the nearest Traveler town. Mad Max (or to his friends, Martin) wasn't taking any chances.
_____And so there they were. A huge moving city, made up from an odd assortment of vehicles ranging from semi trucks to luxury cars. And every one of them needed the others to survive.
_____The semi trucks were the largest, and most versatile vehicles. They filled many roles, including water carriers, food carriers, homes, arsenals, supply rigs, command posts and of course GSWACS.
_____The Rouges mainly stuck to Interceptors, similar to the ones their own faction left behind. But the difference between to cars, which went hand in hand with their need to seperate themselves, was that all Rouge Interceptors were painted bright red (which dulled over a short period of time) and had the Rouge flag painted on the side.
_____The Rouges themselves were very different, having left the main body of the Enforcers for various reasons, most of which unique to the individuals. They were all hated by the Enforcers, even though they still wore the armor and used the guns, and high prices were placed on the heads of their leaders.
_____"All defense cars, this is Watchtower we're reading multiple unknown contacts coming in from our rear left flank. Contacts are nonresponsive, and may be Enforcers, use of force is advised if they fire the first shot."
_____"Looks like we're goin' all in again, eh Rambo?" said Ahnold, Jason's gunner. Jason would have loved to be on his gunning shift right now, but he had been driving when Max gave to order to freeze shifts until the Convoy arrived in the next town.
_____"Yeah, looks that way don't it?"
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude Sun May 03, 2009 5:13 pm

Episode 1, Part 2
_____Jason watched as the scratched up gray Interceptor slowly drifted towards the Convoy. "Watchtower, Watchtower, do we have permission to fire? Over."
_____"Negative Rambo, not until they get too close. Over."
_____"Copy that Watchtower, Rambo out." Jason switched off his microphone radio. " You shoot as soon as I tell you, okay?" he ordered Don(aka Ahnold).
_____"But what about the-" Jason cut him off right there.
_____"I don't care what they said, they get much closer and they could just toss a grenade anywhere they want. The hell with protocol, I'm not letting anyone get killed while I'm on duty, am I clear lieutenant?"
_____"Yes sir" he said, somewhat nervous now.
_____He looked back to his medic and radioman, who up until now hadn't said a word. "You guys here that? You take orders from me, not Watchtower. Clear?"
_____"Crystal sir." the medic replied for both of them.
_____The average Enforcer Interceptor was just a two-seat sports car, sometimes with weapons attached, but usually just up armored, and with bullet resistant windows. The ones used by the Rouges, however, have been made to seat up to five, have more trunk space(the running joke was that this was due to the Rouges being so closely tied to the Travelers, who have their origins in less-than legitimate businessmen) and have better armor, and thicker bullet resistant glass than their Enforcer counterparts.
_____In addition to this, the Rouge cars have more fuel efficient engines, as well as larger gas tanks, so that they can ride from town to town and usually not have to refuel at all.
_____"Sir, are you alright?" Don was shaking Jason by the shoulder. Damn, daydreaming again.
_____"I'm fine lieutenant, just keep your eyes on those Enforcers."
_____The gray Interceptor was closer now, and it showed no indication of backing off. "Bernard" Jason referred to his radioman.
_____"Radio Watchtower, ask them what's up."
_____Bernard did this, and in a few seconds, he said, "Sir, they say they've hailed them repeatedly, but they won't respond. As of now they are enemy contacts, and we can fire as soon as they're in range."
_____"Alright Don, you heard the man, fire when ready."
_____"Finally" muttered Don. He aimed his personal XM8 to just ahead of the gray Interceptor, and waited.
_____Jason saw movement just above the car, What the hell is-
_____His eyes went wide. "DON, FIRE NOW!"
_____Don pulled the trigger and let out a lengthy burst at the target. He hit the left windshield, and window, but he was too late, and aiming at the wrong target to begin with.
_____A flash of light came from just above the Interceptor. Six rounds impacted rear right side of Jason's car, and were all stopped by the armor and windows. The gunner in the other car was sitting on the door, window all the way down, using his own car as a shield. The driver was fully protected by his bullet resistant windows.
_____Don let out another burst, this one at the tires, but to no avail. They were run flats. The enemy gunner continued to fire at the car, now on full auto, and rounds could be heard pinging all around the outside.
_____Thud. Thud. "Agggghhhhrrr!" Don screamed as two rounds hit him. He he fell backwards into the car, jolting himself in both by instinct and as a painful reaction to the hits.
_____"MAN DOWN!" Jason yelled. The medic got the message, and grabbed Don, and pulled him into the back seat.
_____"He's been hit twice, one in neck, one deflected off the collar bone."
_____"Can you fix him up?"
_____"Yes, but not in time to fight again. He's out for now"
_____"****. Bernard, you think you can take the gun?"
_____"Damn right sir!" the radio man rarely saw much action, and he was already pumped full of adrenaline and pure rage after seeing his friend get hit.
_____"Good, get up here."
_____Bernard climbed across the seats, careful not to step on Don, and got into the passenger side. He picked up Don's rifle, put in a fresh clip, and chambered the first round. He fired at the enemy vehicle, which for the moment had stopped firing, probably not sure if the Rouge car had anyone else to shoot at them or not.
_____His shots were inaccurate, not as good as Don, but still better than nothing.
_____The Enforcers continued firing on Jason's car, and again came the constant ping, ping, ping, of bullets bouncing off of his vehicle's armor.
_____After five minutes of shooting with no luck, Jason finally lost his patience.
_____"Stop, just stop okay! You're not gonna hit anything shooting like that!" he criticized.
_____"Why don't you do it then!?" shouted Bernard, who, if it weren't for the stress of the moment, wouldn't dare question his commanding officer, let alone yell at him.
_____"I will then! Sherry, where's Lucile?"
_____"Right here sir" the medic told him, as she reached for Jason's M60 machine gun he had under his seat. She practically tossed it in his lap, then went back to her work.
_____"Private, lean your seat back, and position the front of my weapon so it is facing the enemy." Jason ordered.
_____Bernard leaned his seat back, and put the front of Lucile on the door, facing out the window at the enemy Interceptor.
_____Jason slid his weapon around on the door, one handed, until it was pointed just ahead of the Interceptor. He fired continueously, and the rounds impacted the car. The gray car's glass, weakened fron Don's earlier firing, didn't hold up against the large armor-piercing M60 rounds, and was demolished, leading said rounds directly into the driver, and they still had energy to kill the gunner.
_____The gray Interceptor turned erratically on open ground, and no longer having anyone to control it, slowed down until it stopped.
_____"And that, private," Jason said as he pulled his gun into the car. "Is why they call me Rambo."
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by BBJynne Sun May 03, 2009 8:06 pm

COOOOOOOOOONVOOOOOOOOOOOOY!!!!

BBJynne
The Lord's Blood Knight

Male Number of posts : 5059

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Sun May 03, 2009 8:09 pm

Why the _____s? Just put an extra space between your paragraphs. It looks nicer.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude Sun May 03, 2009 8:12 pm

Meh, I can't effectively tab, and this is more efficient.
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese Mon May 04, 2009 4:40 am

PiEman wrote:Meh, I can't effectively tab, and this is more efficient.

Do this pie

[.color=white]jjjjjjj[/color]

The j's act as indents.

I'll read it in a sec. Just grabbing some breakfast.

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2259
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down