Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Union Torn (WIP)

4 posters

Go down

A Union Torn (WIP) Empty A Union Torn (WIP)

Post by Omega 505 Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:51 pm

Alright, my new story, just a time line teaser for now, make sure you read it all.
Omega 505
Omega 505
Minion

Male Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2008-11-21

http://omega505.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

A Union Torn (WIP) Empty Re: A Union Torn (WIP)

September 1, 1939: Germany invades Poland, setting off a chain of events that begins World War Two. France and Britain, pledged to Poland’s safety, declare war on Germany.

December 7, 1941: A date which will live in infamy, Japan attack Pearl Harbor. The United States enter World War Two soon after.

January 1, 1942: The "United Nations" is established: 25 Allied nations sign a Joint Declaration against the Axis. The term "United Nations" is first officially used to describe the Allied pact. The United States does not officially join.

June 5, 1944: Rome falls to the Americans. It is the first capital of an Axis nation to fall. The United States declares Italy under its control.

June 6, 1944: D-Day commences with the landing of 155,000 Allied and American troops on the beaches of Normandy in France. The allied soldiers quickly break through the Atlantic Wall and push inland in the largest amphibious military operation in history.

August 25, 1944: Paris is captured by American Forces. This marks the beginning of the American war machine.

September 14, 1944: American troops reach the Siegfried line, the West wall of Germany's defense system.

March 7, 1945: When German troops fail to dynamite the Remagen Bridge over the Rhine, Americans begin crossing the Rhine into Germany.

March 31, 1945: General Eisenhower broadcasts a demand for the Germans to surrender.

April 30, 1945: Berlin is surrounded, Hitler and his wife commit suicide.

May 2, 1945: The Battle of Berlin ends when German General Helmuth Weidling, commander of the Berlin Defense Area, unconditionally surrenders the city of Berlin to the United States forces.

May 7, 1945: Germany surrenders unconditionally to the United States. The US claim Germany and its conquests as its own. Britain and the Soviet Union, furious at this action, declare war on the United States.

August 6, 1945: Enola Gay drops the first atomic bomb "Little Boy" on London, Britain surrenders soon after. The Soviet Union, eager to avoid a similar fate, surrenders most of their eastern lands to the United States. The European war concludes.

August 9, 1945: Bockscar drops the second atomic bomb "Fat Man" on Nagasaki. Japan surrenders, ending the Pacific campaign.

August 10, 1945: The United States claims all land participated in the war, including Britain, Japan, and most of Western Europe. No power remains that can dispute them.

September 6, 1945: The United States is re-founded under a monarchy, setting to rest the last scrap of democracy left in the modern world. US forces occupy Moscow, the USSR surrenders. The United States now controls over 75% of the globe.

October 1, 1945: The United States now enforces global rule. Soldiers occupy all major cities, and anyone outspoken is executed.

December 12, 1945: This, is where our story begins.

December 12, 1945
About noon
Minneapolis outskirts
Minnesota, ‘Old’ USA

It was an average December day. The wind swept lazily through the trees, bringing the temperature even lower then it needed to be. Snow lay blanketed over the cityscape, blending with the city’s usually vibrant colors, every meter or so a blotch of orange or red would try futilely to escape the covering, only to be swept up by the wind. It was, perhaps, just cold enough that one would rather sit in front of a fire all day long with a book, or a friend, but that’s not for everyone. I prefer to spend my winter days outdoors, in the cold, like a real person.

Who am I kidding, it’s cold as hell and I really would rather be anywhere but here. If someone wasn’t paying me, I would be long gone. Yet here I stand, in an iced-over park in Minnesota. It was pleasant, in a cold, wintered sort of way, and it could have been soothing were it not for the wind. Someone had to have hated Minnesota right now, because negative thirty with breeze is just ridiculous. I shrugged, trying to remember why I was stuck in this dismal place, figuring that I couldn’t just get in the junk heap I have the honor of calling a car and drive away.

I froze when I saw two protection officers coming down the sidewalk. Their silver-grey uniform was dull compared to the snow surrounding them. Black trim ran down the seams, and a nice little hat completed the outfit. Silver buttons and campaign ribbons ran down their jacket. Great, another group of war “heroes” that think that they are so much better then the rest of the population, I nodded politely as they got closer, but apparently that was too much.

“Well well, what do we have here?” said the closest one. He was taller, and dark brown hair stuck stubbornly out from under his cap. “For what reason would a fine citizen of our country be out in weather like this? I may have a feeling that you’re up to no good citizen. I think I may have to put you under arrest.” I gave him a cocky smile, which seemed to anger him. “Don’t play around, that’s a federal offence, and we wouldn’t want you to end up executed now do we?” This time I laughed in spite of his threat. “Why you…”

I pulled the pistol that was holstered under my jacket, an old German piece I was able to get off a black market. The Germans got one thing right, they made one stylish pistol. I leveled it at his chest as his jaw dropped in shock. I fired two rounds, it only took one. The man fell backward, his chest torn from the point blank shot. The other officer turned and tried to run. Again I sighted and fired, hitting him in the leg. He tumbled, flinging his hat and sidearm down the sidewalk. I strolled over to the wounded man and put the pistol to the back of his head.

I sighed, “You know, we could have done it the easy way, but your friend there insisted,” I said coolly, keeping the gun steady. “So, why would two government sanctioned soldiers be walking through the park the fine afternoon?”

“Shove it merc, I don’t speak to scum like you, the war’s over, can’t you people just get that through you’re skulls?” he said defiantly, eyeing the pistol laying just feet away from him.

I laughed, “You think I’m a mercenary? Wow, they really don’t tell you guys much do they. I’m no merc, but I’ll kill you all the same. The war isn’t over, not by a long shot. You may have trampled us, but we’re just getting started. First lesson, war is hell.” Coolly, I retracted my finger and pulled the trigger. The man died before he heard the gunshot, his arm reaching out for his discarded weapon.

I holstered the pistol and moved out of the park, figuring that my job was done. Two dead protection officers wouldn’t draw much attention, not these days. I got into the little green military issue jeep and started it up. The engine hummed, and I set off for my office. There was planning to be done, and some darn blood that got splashed on my pistol, what a shame. This war was going to last for as long as I breathe. America will never be the same.

Last edited by Omega 505 on Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Omega 505
Omega 505
Minion

Back to top Go down

-reserved-
Omega 505
Omega 505
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoon9105 Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:30 pm

intresting so wait who is president did rosevelt die? It like it its like an alternate reality showing what might have happened if we beat the soviet union to berlin.
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Omega 505 Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:07 pm

Prologue'ish thing is up
Omega 505
Omega 505
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyxknight Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:56 pm

hmm alternet worlds are cool storys to read since the author can do what ever he wants based on previous events.
Onyxknight
Onyxknight
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1833
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:13 pm

And also account for events that are yet to happen! I'm going to be writing a book that alters its own fictional timeline from time to time. Will be hard.

Anyways, I promise I'll read and give my full attention once I've finished this. It should take about a day. I'll be back to you then!

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2259
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down