Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Terminator Salvation trailer

+6
KrAzY
Cheese
BBJynne
Vigil
Rasq'uire'laskar
Toaster
10 posters

Go down

New Terminator Salvation trailer Empty New Terminator Salvation trailer

Post by Toaster Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:53 pm

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/need-to-know-terminator-salvation.html

Scroll to the bottom of the page. Be amazed. I AM SO EXCITED!
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

New Terminator Salvation trailer Empty Re: New Terminator Salvation trailer

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:00 pm

Haven't seen much of Terminator: Salvation yet, but after T3 (The fanfiction that everybody would love to forget) and the Sarah Connor Chronicles (WTFH? Wasn't anybody paying attention to the stuff Reese was saying about the Resistance? How the Hell does John Connor build a time machine when it took Skynet 30 years?)

I don't have high hopes for this.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2929
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:42 am

I can't take this film seriously after this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTihsJQHt48
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by BBJynne Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:17 am

/dance

BBJynne
The Lord's Blood Knight

Male Number of posts : 5059
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:37 am

Vigil wrote:I can't take this film seriously after this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTihsJQHt48

That was actually pretty catchy Razz

But I'm looking forward to this film. I'm not really going to think of it as a sequel, more as a sci-fi budget with a good budget, lasers, and lots and lots of killer robots!!! All in all, it should at least provide some good explosions. Just so long as we remember it shouldn't be compared to one or two, I think it should be ok.

And hey, we already know the lighting will be good! Very Happy

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2259
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:45 am

Give the guy a break. That outburst occured around 6 months ago, and he has made a public apology. Don't let the off-screen actions of an actor change your thoughts about a movie.

Many have reported that Russel Crowe is a complete asshole on set. I could care less. Gladiator is an amazing movie.

AS for canon, the reason why Terminato 3 was awful, was because it attempted to re-do the James Cameron formula without James Cameron. The whole "terminator traveling back in time" was spiced up in T2 by adding a second, good guy terminator. By terminator 3, the formula was over-done and tired.

Also, the director was a complete idiot who did not take the IP seriously. A girl terminator? Really? The only reason they did it was for sex appeal, and it didn't work.

I have not seen the sarah connor chronicles.

I'm taking this movie quite seriously. It looks to be a fresh new look on the series, and I'm very excited. Nothing beats the first, I know, but this could come close.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:29 pm

I think part of the previous magic was the grit of the 80s and the rubbishness of the tech they had back then. You only have to look at the music to see it.

That, and we've seen a lot of fourths in the trilogy recently... Indiana Jones, Rocky, Die Hard, Rambo... While they were maaaybe good (Die Hard and Rambo being the only ones I've seen) - I could never watch them as true sequels because they're of a different time period. I expect as much for Terminator.

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:27 pm

the widespread use of CG is starting to kill movies

some of my favorite movies are the old Mel Brooks films.... Robin Hood, space balls, ext.... movies they try to copy the randomness of movies liek that now use a bunch of CG to make their scenes... makes the movies just... dumb...

I just wish some film makers would go back to using models...
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3965

Back to top Go down

Post by thane321 Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:41 pm

Cheese wrote:That, and we've seen a lot of fourths in the trilogy recently... Indiana Jones, ... While they were maaaybe good
HAHAHAHAHA
Razz

well, it was good up untill the ending -.-
thane321
thane321
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1142
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:02 pm

thane321 wrote:
Cheese wrote:That, and we've seen a lot of fourths in the trilogy recently... Indiana Jones, ... While they were maaaybe good
HAHAHAHAHA
Razz

I knew that was gonna happen Razz Well the others were good - and I still havent seen that

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:58 pm

KrAzY wrote:the widespread use of CG is starting to kill movies

I agree with that to some extent. The fact that the new indiana jones movie used CG kinda got to me. Still, in the case of terminator, this movie is on a much bigger scale, and even the second movie used quite a bit of CG. You can't honestly say that go-motion from the first film would be good enough today.

The small "future segments" in the first two movies were kinda crummy too.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:38 pm

I don't think CG should stop being used.... but I think that it shouldn't be used in a lot of cases... I like watching movies made in the 70s and 80s just for the look of them... alien and aliens for example had people in the alien costumes... making them seem so much more real

I dunno... it just seems that movies are starting to look and feel more and more like those crappy movies that only show up on the sci fi channel
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3965

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:49 pm

Trailer looks pretty awesome.
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:41 pm

KrAzY wrote:I don't think CG should stop being used.... but I think that it shouldn't be used in a lot of cases... I like watching movies made in the 70s and 80s just for the look of them... alien and aliens for example had people in the alien costumes... making them seem so much more real

I dunno... it just seems that movies are starting to look and feel more and more like those crappy movies that only show up on the sci fi channel

which is why I love Starship Troopers so much.
Archangel
Archangel
Most Holy Angel of the Flame

Male Number of posts : 574

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:43 pm

If the film is set 11 years BEFORE Johns father was sent back, then how would John Connor be raised his entire life knowing about the Skynet take over?

God damn time paradoxes
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7574
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:02 pm

Lord Pheonix wrote:If the film is set 11 years BEFORE Johns father was sent back, then how would John Connor be raised his entire life knowing about the Skynet take over?

God damn time paradoxes

Yeah, the whole terminator story is pretty much infeasible. John Connor's father was reece, meaning that reece had to be sent back, meaning that connor had to already be born to send him back *head asplodes
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:52 pm

ReconToaster wrote:
Lord Pheonix wrote:If the film is set 11 years BEFORE Johns father was sent back, then how would John Connor be raised his entire life knowing about the Skynet take over?

God damn time paradoxes

Yeah, the whole terminator story is pretty much infeasible. John Connor's father was reece, meaning that reece had to be sent back, meaning that connor had to already be born to send him back *head asplodes
Which came first?

The chicken, or the Schwarzenegger?
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:14 am

I think the series ended after T2.

I went to see T3 in the theatre, and while it was no means the worst film I've ever seen, it was no where in the league of the last film.

Like Recon said it seem like they were trying to re-do the last film, only with more CGI.

The Sarah Connor chronicles are more in line with T2, so two seperate timelines seem to have spawn from after T2. In one Judgement Day still happens, as they only delayed it and in the other it's simlar yet more confusing as they Sarah connor is still alive and they travel into the future (2007-Cool and Judgement day still hasn't occured.

I watched a good argument about why this film won't be very good. In the first two films, and even to a degree in the third, the future John Connor is always talked about, but never really seen. There is a mystique around the character, and hype built about his reputation.

When that is finally put on screen for all to see, it's not going to live up to your expectations, and you'll leave disapointed.

Cristian Bale is a decent actor, but nobody can compete against that.
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:27 am

ReconToaster wrote:

God damn time paradoxes

I wrote a book in which that was the way the book's universe was sorta created Razz (different one - this one was a lot more comedic and random)

God bless ontological paradoxes...

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:08 pm

ReconToaster wrote:
Many have reported that Russel Crowe is a complete asshole on set. I could care less. Gladiator is an amazing movie.
He's been indicted on charges of assault in Australia. But you're right.

ReconToaster wrote:AS for canon, the reason why Terminato 3 was awful, was because it attempted to re-do the James Cameron formula without James Cameron. The whole "terminator traveling back in time" was spiced up in T2 by adding a second, good guy terminator. By terminator 3, the formula was over-done and tired.
Exactly! And the only reason Ahnuld was in the second one was for that "Wait, what?" moment when you realize that HE is the good guy. And that moment in the insane asylum, when Sarah Connor freaks out.

He dragged down T3.

ReconToaster wrote:Also, the director was a complete idiot who did not take the IP seriously. A girl terminator? Really? The only reason they did it was for sex appeal, and it didn't work.
He was good with U-571, but he didn't take this movie seriously. And quite honestly, a female Terminator would have worked. BUT, and this is a big but, the TX was a very STUPID concept. The T-800 kept a low profile and went at things with a machine like perseverance. The T-1000 was a shadow, infiltrating and executing. The TX found the flashiest leather suit she could find, raced around in a silver Lexus, and did NOT do anything that made sense.

KrAzY wrote:the widespread use of CG is starting to kill movies
Not quite. The CG of Terminator 2 and Lord of the Rings was AWESOME! It wouldn't have been the same without it. In fact, I'm a proponent of going back and "Digitally redoing" the Xenomorph in Alien and Aliens, so they don't look like people in suits.

But people like Lucas... have forgotten that it is a good story that makes a great movie, and CG is just the salt that makes it taste better.

KrAzY wrote:I just wish some film makers would go back to using models...
George Lucas's space fights looked so much better 30 years ago...

thane321 wrote:
HAHAHAHAHA
Razz

Not even then.
Ever hear the expression "nuking the fridge?"

ReconToaster wrote:
The small "future segments" in the first two movies were kinda crummy too.
No, they were pretty good.
But the one in the third movie... sure, the HKs looked good, but the actual Terminators... just marching off towards the camera, looking not-so-menacing just swarming over everything...

Vigil wrote:
When that is finally put on screen for all to see, it's not going to live up to your expectations, and you'll leave disapointed.

Cristian Bale is a decent actor, but nobody can compete against that.
Heath Ledger could have pulled it off...
*Goes and uses cross-franchise portal gun to steal Skynet's time machine... the only one that really existed.

ReconToaster wrote:

God damn time paradoxes

But that's the thing... the very universal accident that gave birth to John Connor also gave birth to Skynet. Remember, the remains of the first Terminator were what gave Cyberdyne the technology to create Skynet. Without the Terminator, Skynet could not have happened.

So, the War was created at the exact same moment Reese and Ahnuld-1 came through that portal. Maybe not in the 1-2-3 series of dimensions, but the 4-5 dimensions...

I'm not making any sense, am I?
So, instead look at it as 'iterations'. In the first iteration, the first timeline, a Machine Intelligence rose and was defeated, perhaps after many decades of struggle. It was not the Skynet we know, but it had time travel, and sent some sort of technology into the future, which did little to change the war.

Over many iterations of the Machine Intelligence sending back machines, nothing was ever changed. Sure, the dates and events changed, but the Machine Intelligence never won, since it would not need to send machines back through time, and the time-loop would be broken. However, eventually the time-loop stabilized, and two major characters rose into being. One was John Connor, the leader of the Resistance, and the other was Skynet.

Each iteration is different. In the one directly before Reese was sent back in Terminator 1, Sarah Connor lived to within several days of the end of the war before dying in an ambush to aerial HKs, somewhere in Mexico. In Terminator 3, a new iteration (Although one I do not consider to be strictly canon) arose, in which the war lasted until 2033+, and did not end until soon after John died... in one of the most stupid ways imaginable.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2929

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum