Foreign or Domestic

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Foreign or Domestic (cars)

Foreign or Domestic - Page 2 Vote_lcap39%Foreign or Domestic - Page 2 Vote_rcap 39% 
[ 7 ]
Foreign or Domestic - Page 2 Vote_lcap39%Foreign or Domestic - Page 2 Vote_rcap 39% 
[ 7 ]
Foreign or Domestic - Page 2 Vote_lcap11%Foreign or Domestic - Page 2 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 2 ]
Foreign or Domestic - Page 2 Vote_lcap11%Foreign or Domestic - Page 2 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 2 ]
 
Total Votes : 18

Foreign or Domestic - Page 2 Empty Re: Foreign or Domestic

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:04 pm

I too, pick German because of Efficiency, and because German Engineering is sexy. I currently own an '85 300D I picked up and fixed for less than 2500 dollars. She's beautiful.

I would buy US (Never Japanese) if they weren't so crappy... If I was in charge, I would bail them out. And then I'd take everyone who has been making decisions for the past decade, I'd march them out behind the factory, and I'd shoot every one of them, execution style. And then I'd promote the engineers and hire a bunch of guys from Germany to help run the company.

@PiEdude wrote:
sargentbilco wrote:
i picked german because of efficiency

SIED HEIL DAS FURHER!

KILL DAS JUDEN!

WERK MACHT FREI! WERK MACHT FREI!
WERK MACHT FREI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jawohl. Werk macht Frie.
Du werkt, Du sterbt. Deutschland uber alles.

@PiEdude wrote:
@BBJynne wrote:does china even make cars?

They're going to start soon.

They'll do what they always do:
1. Find a brand name.
2. Precisely copy a few of their cars.
3. Market them under some new company name (Cheng Wa, Duck Zu ect...)
4. Completely ignore trade and copyright laws and get away with it.
5. ???????????????
6. Profit!

Sadly, Pieman is right. That's what they do. They ripped off a Ford something or another (Don't make me haul out the PopSci article) and produced it themselves... except, in the event of a serious crash, the engine block will end up on the passenger's lap.

I'd buy a Russian car too... just for the novelty.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2927
Age : 29
Location : Follow the cold shivers running down your spine.
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Foreign or Domestic - Page 2 Empty Re: Foreign or Domestic

Post by Kasrkin Seath on Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:10 pm

US cars are not that crappy, that was a fact a decade or so ago, but they ahve gotten waaaay better since then.

The illusion that they are still continues though, carried on by disgruntled people who pass their frustration on to their children.

Sure they have their bad cars, but so does every other company
Kasrkin Seath
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Male Number of posts : 3018
Location : Michigan
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Foreign or Domestic - Page 2 Empty Re: Foreign or Domestic

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:16 pm

@Kasrkin Seath wrote:US cars are not that crappy, that was a fact a decade or so ago, but they ahve gotten waaaay better since then.

The illusion that they are still continues though, carried on by disgruntled people who pass their frustration on to their children.

Sure they have their bad cars, but so does every other company

Not Mercedes-Benze.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2927
Age : 29
Location : Follow the cold shivers running down your spine.
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Foreign or Domestic - Page 2 Empty Re: Foreign or Domestic

Post by Kasrkin Seath on Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:19 pm

Some of their cheaper stuff sucks compared to other companies cheap vehiclesf(which are also normally cheaper)
Kasrkin Seath
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Male Number of posts : 3018
Location : Michigan
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Foreign or Domestic - Page 2 Empty Re: Foreign or Domestic

Post by Rotaretilbo on Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:15 am

Foreign or Domestic - Page 2 BailoutPlan

And seriously, Pie? "Kill das Juden!"? That isn't close to grammatically correct. What you are looking for is "Töten Sie die Juden!". Töten is the verb for to kill. Conjugated in the formal you form, you get töten. To make it a command, you put the subject after the verb, and add an exclamation point. And Juden is a plural, so it gets the accusative plural form of the, which is die (pronounced dee). So, basically, you fail at German. If you're going to make fun of us, at least do it right.

Für die Bundesrepublik! Alles für Vaterdeutschland! ;)

_________________
Foreign or Domestic - Page 2 Rot_cube_Signature-1
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4540
Age : 29
Location : Arizona
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Foreign or Domestic - Page 2 Empty Re: Foreign or Domestic

Post by KristallNacht on Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:33 am

German made cars are still the peak of automotive engineering, and that's not an arguable fact.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Location : San Diego, California
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Foreign or Domestic - Page 2 Empty Re: Foreign or Domestic

Post by KristallNacht on Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:37 am

@Onyxknight wrote:well i have seen a few BMW's in the area....

around here its BMW, Benz, some corvettes and a few lambos. But that's the normal street cars. For trucks and vans its mostly (read: virtually all) american made...
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Location : San Diego, California
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Foreign or Domestic - Page 2 Empty Re: Foreign or Domestic

Post by PiEdude on Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:17 am

Look, to tell the truth, I just fuckin' hate Jap and German cars.

I really just hate all foreign companies in general.

Dirty Jap bastards tryin' to flush the big three down the shitter so they have less competition.
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573
Age : 26
Location : In the middle of a hollowed crust.
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Foreign or Domestic - Page 2 Empty Re: Foreign or Domestic

Post by MrX on Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:41 am

Aston Martin
Bentley
Jaguar..........
MrX
MrX
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3080
Location : broadmore
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Back to top Go down

Foreign or Domestic - Page 2 Empty Re: Foreign or Domestic

Post by Rotaretilbo on Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:10 am

So, in short, Pie's just hates the Japanese and Germans, and thus doesn't need a logical reason to hate the car companies (well, at least in the Germans' case).

_________________
Foreign or Domestic - Page 2 Rot_cube_Signature-1
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4540
Age : 29
Location : Arizona
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Foreign or Domestic - Page 2 Empty Re: Foreign or Domestic

Post by KristallNacht on Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:17 pm

@PiEdude wrote:
Dirty Jap bastards tryin' to flush the big three down the shitter so they have less competition.

basically you hate capitalism....


okay guys, Pie is a Commie!!!
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Location : San Diego, California
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Foreign or Domestic - Page 2 Empty Re: Foreign or Domestic

Post by PiEdude on Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:53 pm

@KristallNacht wrote:
@PiEdude wrote:
Dirty Jap bastards tryin' to flush the big three down the shitter so they have less competition.

basically you hate capitalism....


okay guys, Pie is a Commie!!!

Ooh, would I send your ass to a SEVERE Workcamp so fucking fast...
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573
Age : 26
Location : In the middle of a hollowed crust.
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Foreign or Domestic - Page 2 Empty Re: Foreign or Domestic

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:44 pm

@Rotaretilbo wrote:So, in short, Pie's just hates the Japanese and Germans, and thus doesn't need a logical reason to hate the car companies (well, at least in the Germans' case).

In his defense, I don't like Japan automakers all that much either.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2927
Age : 29
Location : Follow the cold shivers running down your spine.
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Foreign or Domestic - Page 2 Empty Re: Foreign or Domestic

Post by KristallNacht on Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:58 pm

But german engineering is still peak. That's not even arguable.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Location : San Diego, California
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Foreign or Domestic - Page 2 Empty Re: Foreign or Domestic

Post by PiEdude on Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:02 pm

@KristallNacht wrote:But german engineering is still peak. That's not even arguable.

Of course it is.

German cars suck.
They're shit.

You see, I'm arguing.
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573
Age : 26
Location : In the middle of a hollowed crust.
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Foreign or Domestic - Page 2 Empty Re: Foreign or Domestic

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:06 pm

@PiEdude wrote:
@KristallNacht wrote:But german engineering is still peak. That's not even arguable.

Of course it is.

German cars suck.
They're shit.

You see, I'm arguing.

But, Pieman, you are not arguing with reason. You are just standing there in the middle of the aisle and screaming that "GERMUN CAREZ SUX"!!!

As someone who owns a German Car, the only problems I have with it are the aftermarket mods...

And the placement of the battery. Which is probably an aftermarket mod. Seriously, getting that bugger out is a 30 struggle against the laws of physics.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2927
Age : 29
Location : Follow the cold shivers running down your spine.
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Foreign or Domestic - Page 2 Empty Re: Foreign or Domestic

Post by PiEdude on Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:15 pm

GERMUN CAREZ SUX!
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573
Age : 26
Location : In the middle of a hollowed crust.
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Foreign or Domestic - Page 2 Empty Re: Foreign or Domestic

Post by Rotaretilbo on Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:59 pm

Which is why we all hate it when you try to debate. It's like you can't form your own arguments, and end up either trying to bludgeon us in the face with just your opinion or regurgitating something you heard on the Internet, usually copy pasted, and usually from a less-than-reliable source.

_________________
Foreign or Domestic - Page 2 Rot_cube_Signature-1
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4540
Age : 29
Location : Arizona
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Foreign or Domestic - Page 2 Empty Re: Foreign or Domestic

Post by KristallNacht on Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:01 am

Our uses anti reliable sources
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Location : San Diego, California
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Foreign or Domestic - Page 2 Empty Re: Foreign or Domestic

Post by Kasrkin Seath on Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:55 pm

hmmm.....
I honestly dont see how Ford and GM vehicles fail... my family has had the same vehicles for neary a decade(the third one FOR more than a decade) and they run perfectly fine.

Thats not considering they were cheap to buy and are cheap to fix(when needed, like when we decide to drive a truck through the forest... not too smart of a plan...).


And btw, all your debates are German Engineering is superior or that it sucks, which is basically not giving any real substance from either side...

You are all acting like a bunch of fanboys...
----------------------------------
Coming back form detroit, I counted 103 German Vehicles and 27 Japaneese vehicles(all driven by asians...)

A random thing, but, well, I dont have any reasoning at all...
Kasrkin Seath
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Male Number of posts : 3018
Location : Michigan
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Foreign or Domestic - Page 2 Empty Re: Foreign or Domestic

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:07 pm

@Kasrkin Seath wrote:

And btw, all your debates are German Engineering is superior or that it sucks, which is basically not giving any real substance from either side...

You are all acting like a bunch of fanboys...

  1. German cars, because of the materials that go into them, will survive a pile-on better than any of their foreign counterparts. The Smart Car will survive crashes better than a Chevy Suburban.

  2. German cars are typically designed to get better gas mileage.

  3. If you cross-cut any German engine in the right place, you will find the Nazi Swastika.

  4. The Germans were working on Diesels a hell of a lot longer and harder than their American counterparts were.

  5. My dad works on cars for a hobby. The Germans design their cars to be taken apart, serviced, and maintained a lot easier than the Americans do.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2927
Age : 29
Location : Follow the cold shivers running down your spine.
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Foreign or Domestic - Page 2 Empty Re: Foreign or Domestic

Post by PiEdude on Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:27 pm

@Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:[*] If you cross-cut any German engine in the right place, you will find the Nazi Swastika.

I knew it!

WORK MACHT FREI!

WORK MACHT FREI!
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573
Age : 26
Location : In the middle of a hollowed crust.
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Foreign or Domestic - Page 2 Empty Re: Foreign or Domestic

Post by Kasrkin Seath on Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:10 pm

1. Which almost always increases their costs. Many people would rather get a less expensive vehicle even if it had lower crash test ratings, especially in this day and age.

2. Typically doesn't quite cut it when it comes to an entire grouping of something. Thats like saying "Since this river has safe drinking water, all other rivers must have safe drinking water"

3. Which is bad, not good

4. Your point? The germans spent alot more time building one of their tanks than we did one of ours. Look how far that got them.

5. If me and my buddy were able to take a broken Ford vehicle, take everything under the hood out, replace/buff the broken pieces, put all back together and make it work in two hours with little more than a book saying what the parts are, that says something about how easy it is to repair and maintain.

Hell, most of the big three vehicles have been reknowned for the fact that anyone could repair them. Too bad its a litlle different now with all the electronics involved...
Kasrkin Seath
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Male Number of posts : 3018
Location : Michigan
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Foreign or Domestic - Page 2 Empty Re: Foreign or Domestic

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:23 pm

@Kasrkin Seath wrote:1. Which almost always increases their costs. Many people would rather get a less expensive vehicle even if it had lower crash test ratings, especially in this day and age.

Still means better engineering.

@Kasrkin Seath wrote:3. Which is bad, not good

That's a joke, although it's probably true. But if you cut and polish ANYTHING in the right way, you can get a swastika... or the Virgin Mary.

@Kasrkin Seath wrote:4. Your point? The germans spent alot more time building one of their tanks than we did one of ours. Look how far that got them.

The Panzer series was the most advanced MBT in the world at the time, with the exception of the T-38. The only reason why it failed was because of materials and politics, not engineering.

Hell, the Sherman... that thing was a fiery deathtrap, doesn't matter who you ask.

@Kasrkin Seath wrote:5. If me and my buddy were able to take a broken Ford vehicle, take everything under the hood out, replace/buff the broken pieces, put all back together and make it work in two hours with little more than a book saying what the parts are, that says something about how easy it is to repair and maintain.

Hell, most of the big three vehicles have been reknowned for the fact that anyone could repair them. Too bad its a litlle different now with all the electronics involved...

Yeah, I've helped my dad work on a Chevy. I doubt you did it in two hours, especially the buffing.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2927
Age : 29
Location : Follow the cold shivers running down your spine.
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Foreign or Domestic - Page 2 Empty Re: Foreign or Domestic

Post by Kasrkin Seath on Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:36 pm

1. well, it doesn;t mean better engineering since its simply better materials

3. That is probably very true

4. I believe you mean the T-34(which used a bit of Americal Technology)
They were better, but because of their complex design they were alot harder to build, which ultimately meant they were flooded by the Allies Cheaper and more numerous tanks.

Even with the proper materials and support they would not have been able to churn out enough vehicles.

5. There wasn't actually that much wrong with it, we had to replace a piece on the Drive Shaft and fix a piston. The fact that we had an entire workshop helped too. We had to do it to pass a class, 'To pass the class you need to be able to pull apart a complex mechanical device(which to someone like we were is a car) find what was wrong, fix it, and make sure it works'

The teacher would actually go and get broken cars from people and dealerships and bring them to school .
Kasrkin Seath
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Male Number of posts : 3018
Location : Michigan
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Foreign or Domestic - Page 2 Empty Re: Foreign or Domestic

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum