Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LP DnD, fixed and good to go for sereal this time

+7
PiEdude
CivBase
Rasq'uire'laskar
laxspartan007
Felix
Ruski
Lord Pheonix
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

LP DnD, fixed and good to go for sereal this time - Page 2 Empty Re: LP DnD, fixed and good to go for sereal this time

Post by Rotaretilbo Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:13 pm

MapTools > everything else I've tried
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4541
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

LP DnD, fixed and good to go for sereal this time - Page 2 Empty Re: LP DnD, fixed and good to go for sereal this time

Post by Kasrkraw Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:14 pm

Rotaretilbo wrote:MapTools > everything else I've tried
MapTools beats out roll20 even?

Kasrkraw
Minion

Male Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2017-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:21 pm

In my opinion, yes. My experience with roll20 left me wishing it was as robust and versatile as MapTools. The only downside to MapTools is that, to take advantage of that robust versatility, you need to have a basic understanding of coding. The area where MapTools really shines for me is in the macros. The roll20 macros seemed really limited in what I could do, especially as far as display goes. MapTools just integrated HTML with its code, so you just use HTML to control the output.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasrkraw Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:23 pm

Rotaretilbo wrote:In my opinion, yes. My experience with roll20 left me wishing it was as robust and versatile as MapTools. The only downside to MapTools is that, to take advantage of that robust versatility, you need to have a basic understanding of coding. The area where MapTools really shines for me is in the macros. The roll20 macros seemed really limited in what I could do, especially as far as display goes. MapTools just integrated HTML with its code, so you just use HTML to control the output.

That does sound nifty. I'll have to make sure Tyler knows since he was musing about running a game sometime in the near future.

Kasrkraw
Minion

Male Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2017-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:25 pm

Ya, if you guys have any questions, I know a few basic things about MapTools that can probably make your lives easier.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:56 pm

I would be down for a DnD game if you start a new one.
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by laxspartan007 Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:31 am

they all die, but I'd be game.
laxspartan007
laxspartan007
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1272
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2