Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Halo Wars 2

+2
KrAzY
Death no More
6 posters

Go down

Halo Wars 2 Empty Halo Wars 2

Post by Death no More Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:27 pm

Official E3 Trailer

It has a beta on Xbone from June 13th to the 20th! Its going to be on PC and xbone so im pretty excited about that. Hopefully they do something different with the base building? Id like to see a C&C type base building where you have some choice in what to with the base, resource gathering wise I'm fine if they do it the same way in Halo Wars where it was just the supply depot that generated income for you.

What do you guys think?
Death no More
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2178
Registration date : 2009-03-29

Back to top Go down

Halo Wars 2 Empty Re: Halo Wars 2

Post by KrAzY Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:26 pm

Ill probably watch some videos about it, if they learn from their past mistakes good for them. the base building was my biggest gripe about the game (and also the unit spam) so if they improve on that then it could end up being good.

I havn't played an xbox in like 3 years now though, so I doubt I will ever play this one even if it is good unless it comes to PC some day
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3965
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:16 pm

I'll try to get another interview with the Devs to see how things are going.
Felix
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Death no More Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:13 pm

Mr.Inferior of the two Admins wrote:Ill probably watch some videos about it, if they learn from their past mistakes good for them. the base building was my biggest gripe about the game (and also the unit spam) so if they improve on that then it could end up being good.

I havn't played an xbox in like 3 years now though, so I doubt I will ever play this one even if it is good unless it comes to PC some day

Yea that how I feel but I have a xbone and I may as well play it. If anyone wants to play with me, feel free to add me: BERGUTTI367

Felix wrote:I'll try to get another interview with the Devs to see how things are going.

Sweet, how would you pull that one off exactly? Sorry I don't know if you're a reviewer or something along those lines. It would be interesting to see nonetheless.
Death no More
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Elabajaba Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:12 am

From the gameplay they showed, it looked like its still socket bases.

Can see them ~15 seconds in.

Elabajaba
Crimson Epileptic

Male Number of posts : 1114
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:33 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-GFPrCarxU

Yep, still sockets. Looks pretty similar to the first game in most respects, sadly.
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:36 pm

Felix wrote:I'll try to get another interview with the Devs to see how things are going.

Sweet, how would you pull that one off exactly? Sorry I don't know if you're a reviewer or something along those lines. It would be interesting to see nonetheless.[/quote]

Oh I was just talking out of my ass since I met with the Devs for the last game.  It would be neat if they let me do it again, especially when I'm not a young idiot any more.  I am an adult idiot now.

But to go on the socket base issue, it could be the case with the 06 build and they drastically change it before launch. Not saying it is likely (if at all possible) that it will happen seeing as how the release is less that a year away, but just saying the demo and the actual game have been changed before so that is something to keep in mind.
Felix
Felix
Banana

Back to top Go down

Post by Death no More Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:22 am

So I've played around 17 games of Halo Wars 2 and its pretty much the same as Halo Wars. Socket bases and all that jazz. They did change up the resource mechanics a bit with adding a power generating building along with the regular supply generating building. You now upgrade your base to achieve tech levels and the base with the highest tech level is your tech level. Command powers are now part of a skill tree, albeit very simple and you have to assign points to that tree before you can use any of those skills. You have a generally higher population for more units but the units themselves seem to cost more pop. The domination game mode in the beta right now ends to quickly, I would like if they added more tickets so you could have some diversity and maybe just try to take your opponent out of the game while ignoring the capture points.

I've encountered a lot of bugs so far.

• 2 Crashes, one in the main menu and the other while loading a multiplayer match.

• Sometimes units will not have projectile animations for their attacks, such as a Wraith firing a plasma mortar but it will be invisible.

• The radial build menu will act very finicky sometimes, not as smooth in Halo Wars.

• Your Cursor will occasionally jump a good distance, this has happened to me twice.

• Units and their interactions with each other are a mess, for example I had two covenant snipers at a rally point while they tried to occupy the same space and bounce off each other endlessly.

• Both me and my friend had our terrain disappear and become a black void. It vanished within about 10 seconds and returned to normal.

• There is no feedback when you give orders, for example if I move a squad of grunts there is no marker to say 'yes they are moving to this specific point' such as in Star craft 2.

But so far I've enjoyed the beta. I would love if they had a different building system but they probably wont.
Death no More
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:37 am

Played it during the beta.

Still uses the worst rock paper scissors counters I've ever seen. Still has frustratingly limited base building with practically no evolution on what they had before. Still clunky as hell to control - made all the worse by the unit abilities which requires stupid amounts of micro. Still features a pathetically stripped down economy which encourages netbuilds over adaptation and cunning. Still shoves in a bunch of new, poorly-conceived vehicles and tech instead of utilizing most of what Halo already has to offer. Still focuses far too much on spartans, which have been so overexposed that I now consider them to be one of Halo's most boring story points. Still not visually impressive - especially considering the improved hardware.

I'm glad that it's coming to PC. However, I will not be buying it on any platform.

Seriously... why the hell would you focus on micro in an RTS meant to be played with a controller?
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:27 am

Comes out in a few days. Anyone plan on getting it? I would be interested in getting the pc version to play with my buds (you guys).
Felix
Felix
Banana

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:01 pm

Felix wrote:Comes out in a few days.  Anyone plan on getting it?  I would be interested in getting the pc version to play with my buds (you guys).
I'd have to install Windows 10 so probably not. Unless I decide to see if I can dual boot 7 and 10 just for Halo Wars and Halo 5 Forge.
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:25 pm

missed out on that free upgrade?

I actually like windows 10 more than I liked either 7 or 8 (I hated Cool

it has some stuff I dont like, but im savvy enough with computers to get around most of them with a little research or work
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3965
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:36 am

I agree, the key binding menu seems to be a hot mess for PC so I don't know if I'll wait for a patch (if one ever comes) or just pick it up and deal with it just to have funz.
Felix
Felix
Banana

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:10 pm

Mr.Inferior of the two Admins wrote:missed out on that free upgrade?

I actually like windows 10 more than I liked either 7 or 8 (I hated Cool

it has some stuff I dont like, but im savvy enough with computers to get around most of them with a little research or work
I played around with 10 a bit on my laptop, got angry at it and decided never to install it on my actual PC.

Basically, too lazy to change. Halo 5 Forge/Custom Games and HW 2 might, might make me change or figure out how to dualboot if HW2 turns out to be worth it.
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:01 pm

so I caved and bought halo wars 2 and I must say I have been enjoying. Looking to see if anyone else wants to feel nostalgic and have a game or two lol
Felix
Felix
Banana

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down