Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's happening in Baltimore?

4 posters

Go down

What's happening in Baltimore? Empty What's happening in Baltimore?

Post by Nocbl2 Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:33 pm

There's riots happening there? why?
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

What's happening in Baltimore? Empty Re: What's happening in Baltimore?

Post by KrAzY Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:00 pm

freddie grey protests due to a guy who died in police custody, things got violent, mayor stupidly gave the people rioting room to destroy stuff.

national guard is there now, and the protests have been non-violent since the scuffle last night right when the city wide curfew was put into effect.

I understand the protests, and I support anyone who wants to do so peacefully. the rioters who take advantage of every situation to loot, hurt people, and burn stuff can be shot for all I care. my empathy has drained with how often this happens, I honestly feel bad for the peaceful protesters who are having their homes and community and reputation dragged through the mud.

I take offense to people defending the rioting, I keep hearing people say "it was peaceful before it became violent" as if that excuses the violence. I do think the protests and the riots should be kept seperate.

the thing that the rioters did that pissed me off the most was cutting the fire-hoses of firetrucks that were attempting to put out the fires that they lit on monday night. people could have died.

I've been called a racist for my opinions, maybe I am... I dont really give a fuck what people who think that burning down local business, cars, and elderly homes is justified when their beef is with the police.

dont get me wrong, the police are at fault here too, the mayor had them stand down, they literally stood 50 yards from people crashing burning cars into one another, and looting a store without going in and stopping anything. fuck that mayor, fuck those police, fuck the rioters. I have friends and family who live and work in baltimore (I'm from annapolis about 30 minutes away)... the whole situation is a fucking wreck
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3965
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:13 pm

As far as I can tell, there was definitely wrongdoing on the part of several individual police officers, but I don't get the rioting. As far as I can tell, the police opened an investigation and suspected six possible culprits pending that investigation, which is pretty much what you'd want someone to do in this situation. Attacking the police as a whole doesn't seem constructive, and destroying the community doesn't either.

Someone I was talking to the other day brought up how the American Revolution was a violent protest, which I thought was pretty funny. Discounting the fact that we openly declared independence and thus war, and that we didn't burn down our own communities or loot our own businesses, I'd say that the American Revolution was a really poorly justified violent protest. It doesn't make sense to chant "no taxation without representation" in response to a reduction in taxes when we have representation (by one of the founding fathers, no less). The person arguing it was trying to appeal to my patriotic spirit, but the American Revolution isn't really something I'm proud of, because in retrospect, we were kinda dicks about it.

But ya, pretty much what Mr.Inferior of the two Admins said. It sucks that this guy died, and the people responsible should definitely be held accountable, but I don't see how violent rioting is helping the situation at all. It seems more like the rioting is hurting the cause that it purports to support in the eyes of the public. Every time there's a violent riot in response to something like this, they play right into the violent stereotype that people want to write them off with.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4541
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Fri May 01, 2015 10:12 am

Maryland's gun laws are certainly better than, say, Massachusetts, but the odds of him getting a permit to carry a handgun or keep one inside his business are slim.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2929

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Fri May 01, 2015 8:02 pm

its actually not that difficult to get a gun permit in MD... it might be in baltimore city, but most of Maryland isn't baltimore.... even if most of the voting for stuff for the state comes from there and the area immediately surrounding DC. the eastern shore is all farmlands, hunting and skeet shooting are both huge recreational sports in MD
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3965

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum