Project Zomboid

Go down

Project Zomboid Empty Project Zomboid

Post by Gauz on Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:56 pm

I KNOW zombies are WAY overdone now, especially with WARZ having come out so soon... but this is a really good zombie apocalypse survival game that you guys can try for free. It's only in the Alpha phase so it's lacking in detail, but it's still really fun to survive.

http://projectzomboid.com/blog/
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Project Zomboid Empty Re: Project Zomboid

Post by Gauz on Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:58 pm

Just got it for steam and it's pretty sweet.  

My first run was awful in every sense of the word.  I started in some fucking trailer park or some shit and just kept running until I found a house.  

The door was locked.  

Should have seen that coming though.  In my infinite wisdom I break the window open (stupid) and cut myself.  Deciding to fuck that, I left trying to find a town.  

I didn't find a town.  I found more zombies and a logging company.  I died like a pig.

I'm hoping to get my friend to DL it too so we can geek co-op in the same room (don't even need a middleman like Skype) and actually survive.

Well I should have seen that coming, there were zombies in the house anyway.  I found another one pretty free from zombies.  Also locked.

In my infinite
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude on Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:42 pm

This looks pretty interesting. Maybe we could get a group together
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Elabajaba on Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:50 pm

Just remember when you buy it that they've made very little progress in the past year.

Elabajaba
Crimson Epileptic

Male Number of posts : 1114
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix on Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:21 pm

Played the demo today and it's kind of shit so far from what like half hour I played.

I couldn't even hold a shotgun and ammo without being over weighted, the combat system doesn't work very well, there is no explanation given at all on how to do anything (I assume you can plant crops at some point? and sleep is never told at all. Do I have to find a bed or something?)

Getting items was kind of wonky as well and I had to restart because it just wouldn't let me interact with my inventory. Couldn't drop or put away stuff or anything.

If they polished it then it would be a good game but if what Elab said is true then I wouldn't hold my breath.

Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7572
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz on Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:43 am

True they haven't been making much progress gameplay-wise, although they did just recently get it on steam.  I think they'll start to improve the current build as they get more money.

As for multiplayer, it's non-existent.  I think you can co-op, but only if you have it modded.

They also really need to work on making it more stable, I can barely run it in safe/compatability mode.  I mean, it doesn't seem like a game that shouldn't be able to run on a laptop, even if it's a shitty toshiba.

I had fun on my last playthrough, I managed to hold down a house for 4 days and even found a doctors office I raided for all their pills.

And I have to agree with pheonix on how shitty the inventory system is... becoming encumbered is really easy and really debilitating.  If you're encumbered you're basically dead.  Combat sucks too.  

That being said, I still think it looks promising if they actually do more work on it.

EDIT: I don't know how good the modding tools are, but I think you could make a cool silent hill mod with this. I mean, shitty combat controls make for a scary game. With the line of sight feature all you have to do is add thick fog, dark shaders, scury monsters and it'd be pretty boss.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down