Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TCF's Vote on the Republican Nomination

+17
Onyxknight
BBJynne
Vigil
Ruski
Lord Pheonix
Gauz
dragoon9105
Angatar
laxspartan007
Nocbl2
Vtrooper
KristallNacht
KrAzY
Rasq'uire'laskar
TNine
Tylertlat
CivBase
21 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

TCF's Vote on the Republican Nomination - Page 6 Empty Re: TCF's Vote on the Republican Nomination

Post by TNine Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:51 pm

Ideally, i agree with NT...

...but pragmatically, many laws may not be right but they are simply better. Laws against meth, crack cocain, etc. benefit EVERYBODY except those that would exploit others. Same with cigarettes. The government control in the economy can stop exploitation of the lower class, and was indeed necessary to form society as it is now (see, late 19th century). Now, the government may occasionally do stupid things (current corruption, prohibition of marijuana), but the positives outweigh the negatives.

We can't deal with the ideal or intended situation, we have to deal with reality.
TNine
TNine
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1200
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

TCF's Vote on the Republican Nomination - Page 6 Empty Re: TCF's Vote on the Republican Nomination

Post by KristallNacht Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:42 pm

Except laws against meth, crack, cocain, and heroin don't do anything to stop those drugs anyway. Heroin is 400x as pure and 50x cheaper than it was in the 60s.

If anything, keeping them illegal makes it more likely for people to be taken advantage of, as long as marijuana is still illegal. Once marijuana is legalized we'll have to see how it affects it, since now shady dealers won't have as many customers to push harder drugs on.

And a lot of that government control on the economy that was necessary back then, is currently fucking shit up more than its helping (minimum wage, etc)
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoon9105 Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:11 pm

Yea but you cant keep a system like a government in constant balance, It tilts like a Seesaw. When it gets to liberal it is tilted pressure goes on it to tilt it back towards the conservative end, and vice-versa. Problem is since Technology and Society aren't static means there's no way to find where it wont tilt either way. What we find acceptable for the government to do one day, We find unacceptable in a decade or two.
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:25 pm

just like all the people that wanted to go to war with Iraq quickly turned their backs on it, and then applied the same logic to Afghanistan, even though Afghanistan was a whole different situation.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:42 pm

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:
Alright. First it was the Xel Naga and raped apes, now its Harbinger and the electoral process.
Now I've got another year to think of a new sig for you. XD
I'm pretty sure someone else had the Xel Naga quote. Think it was XNate?

As for the new sig...think i already got another one.
KrAzY wrote:I was indeed praised on my ability to understand and draw a penis.
Teehee.

Last edited by TNine on Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
TNine
TNine
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1200

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:37 am

So I guess elections are coming up soon, and I'm too tired of politics to follow them. Someone run down the Republican candidates for me. Need to know if I'm voting Republican or independent this year.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4541
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:52 am

IMO...

Mitt Romney and Newt Gingrich are moderate conservatives and both are front-runners. Their positions are determined by whatever will get them the most votes. Typical politicians.

Ron Paul is libertarian as always and Santorum is conservative. They both have strong values and stand up for what they believe in, which is why they've fallen behind.

The sad thing is that Romney and Gingrich are the most likely to win the nomination and nothing will change in the White House. Things wont improve because they're too afraid of doing something that might jeopardize their next elections. But as things continue to deteriorate, they'll fall out of favor anyway and be replaced by someone from the opposing party.

I like Santorum, but I'd still much rather have Ron Paul than Romney or Gingrich. Same thing happened with the 2008 campaign Neutral
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:32 pm

Sanatorum is a goddamn moron.

Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyxknight Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:57 pm

Anyone else voting to put Obama back into office?
Onyxknight
Onyxknight
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1833
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Vtrooper Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:48 pm

Onyxknight wrote:Anyone else voting to put Obama back into office?

Thats if Ron Paul isn't nominated.

The other three will just make things worst.
Vtrooper
Vtrooper
Crimson Henchmen

Male Number of posts : 2885
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:01 pm

Gauz wrote:Sanatorum is a goddamn moron.
I keep hearing this without seeing any support for it.

I doubt Romney and Gingrich will make things much worse but I also doubt they'll make it much better. More of the same. Issues come and go and both parties love to fight about them. The real problems, though, go completely untouched.

I tend to like Romney and Gingrich's stances on issues better than Obama's, but they all have the same political character. They love playing games and abusing the system to better themselves.

Honestly, I think even George W. Bush would be better than any of the three. Even if people didn't like some of the things he did (a fair amount I'd agree with), he got to the point and had principals that weren't dependent on his political party.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:30 pm

Ron Paul, still the best.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Vtrooper Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:20 pm

Also, Gingrich is a fucking idiot.

Build a moon colony in 8 years? i know the plan is to set up an outpost there is set for 2020, but not a fucking colony.

idiot wants the NASA/Nerd vote even though most of us are smart enough to know we don't have the money for it right now.
Vtrooper
Vtrooper
Crimson Henchmen

Male Number of posts : 2885
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:25 am

and that NASA is garbage...
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by laxspartan007 Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:01 am

it is suppose to be the 51st state, the moon, tololololololollollolllolloolololol...
laxspartan007
laxspartan007
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1272

Back to top Go down

Post by BBJynne Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:18 pm

Gingrich is my roommate.

BBJynne
The Lord's Blood Knight

Male Number of posts : 5059
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:03 pm

Vtrooper wrote:Also, Gingrich is a fucking idiot.

Build a moon colony in 8 years? i know the plan is to set up an outpost there is set for 2020, but not a fucking colony.

idiot wants the NASA/Nerd vote even though most of us are smart enough to know we don't have the money for it right now.
What's NASA's budget right now? 15 billion? 20 billion, max. How many hundreds of billions of dollars are spent on the military?

We have plenty of money for the job, you just want to keep it for something else.
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:54 pm

Except NASA can't even do shit with the budget they have.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:19 pm

Because they have such a low budget compared to everything else. During the Sixties their budget was atleast double what it is now, and look at what they accomplished.
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:21 pm

Angatar wrote:Because they have such a low budget compared to everything else. During the Sixties their budget was atleast double what it is now, and look at what they accomplished.

Doubt that's taking into account the difference of the worth of the dollar.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7574
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:27 pm

Lord Pheonix wrote:
Angatar wrote:Because they have such a low budget compared to everything else. During the Sixties their budget was atleast double what it is now, and look at what they accomplished.

Doubt that's taking into account the difference of the worth of the dollar.
The worth of the dollar has gone down, so if anything it's more than double their budget now.
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:29 pm

actually, during the 60s counting for inflation their budget was 1/3 less than it is now, and military spending was relatively higher than ours is now.

NASA doesn't have anything to work twoards, they don't plan on having a new space ship for several years... nasa is good at science, but space stuff is better left to private companies, who do more for MUCH less money.

at the moment the only thing that NASA does is provide jobs for scientists to do science. giving more money wouldn't benefit our country at all, as the SAME work would be done for the same budgets.... they would just try to tack on a new space program that in the end wouldn't go anywhere.

I love NASA, but they don't need a bigger budget
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3965
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:34 pm

$5,000 dollars in 1960 would have the same buying power as $38,000 dollars and you could buy a brand new car for $2,000, buy a house for $12,700, and a dollar would get you a double-decker hamburger with French fries, salad, and ice cream for dessert.

So no, their look at the dollar was quite different.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7574
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:13 am

@Krazy

Yeah, it seems like the plan is to advance the science and have the scientists invent the spacecraft/colony ideas/etc., and THEN proceed and actually make the shit.
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:17 am

NASA's budget in 1960 was pitiful, even after factoring in inflation. But their budget between 1964 and 1966 was practically double what it currently is, factoring in inflation.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4541
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6