Halo 4

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Halo 4 - Page 39 Empty Re: Halo 4

Post by Avenged on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:17 am

KristallNacht wrote:I still don't like the multiplayer armor styles.

Well it's a good thing that doesn't really matter.

Avenged
Minion

Male Number of posts : 983
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht on Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:36 pm

In the end it's not a game changer, but I just feel that Reach's styles had more common sense and REAL design put into them, as opposed to just slapping ugly shapes together.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Dud Doodoo on Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:44 pm

It was fucking grand. Cortana's rampancy was done so well...although I had my complaints about the game overall it was very well made. They actually attempted to focus on the characters as well as the story...something Bungie was never quite good at. Judging by ODST and Reach that is.

It played so fucking well though. If nothing else, it had some of the best fights of the series. 2 scarabs never dropped from orbit unfortunately Sad

I have to agree with NT though, the armor is garbage. Some of it is so abstract that it doesn't share basic similar qualities with the MK 6 in any way.

Dud Doodoo
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1528
Registration date : 2008-06-29

http://www.moddb.com/mods/broken-arrow-the-world-in-conflict-vie

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase on Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:10 pm

So the basic consensus is that, unless you're extremely invested in the raw cannon, Halo 4 was pretty good.

Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar on Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:34 pm

Finished the campaign. Wasn't dissappointed or impressed with the story. It was strange. There were many fun and interesting fights and sequences, though. AI wasn't improved much, might have gotten worse. Also, I only noticed one or two graphical glitches, but the game didn't look as good as I expected, probably just the color palette. Most of the game is orange, blue, and white. Blindingly bright and shiny. At least it's not brown.

Multiplayer is a blast. I can't remember having this much fun in Reach or 3. They increased the pacing and it's great. I love how much faster it's gotten. I love most of the new weapons. I don't like how few maps there are- only four maps in Slayer? Bad!

Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 on Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:30 pm

Halfway done with the story. Pretty good thus far, but some of the missions are a little... eh. The story is okay, except Lasky and Palmer have yet to mention having known the Chief in the past, even though they both talked to him directly previously. Granted, it was like 30 years/5 years respectively, but still.

Cortana's descent into rampancy is somewhat rushed, but still mildly saddening.

Multiplayer is very well done (from the two matches I played). The loadouts are pretty evenly balanced. My one complaint is that the maps are not symmetrical, at least in terms of weaponry. On Complex, blue team starts with the sniper and wrecks. I got two Killing Frenzies in my first match with that, and then got similarly destroyed when on Red the next round. Other than that, fine.
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Arty on Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:08 am

I loved the game. They could have explained more behind the story, but I suppose they just expected players to have read the books/watched the series/keep up with the extra stuff. I don't really see where they could go with Halo 5 though...

I concur with the armor though. Sucks.
Arty
Arty
Minion

Male Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2008-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase on Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:19 am

I really don't like the new weapon sounds.

Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Dud Doodoo on Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:54 am

Really? I love them. I love Halo 4s weapons and the changes they made to them. The saw and railgun are especially badass.

As far as canon goes, they drew more from the books than Reach did. I know that isn't a fair comparison since Reach ass raped Fall of Reach, but if canon is your issue then Halo 4 is not the worst offender. What did bother me however was blowing away a Covenant cruiser with one archer missile...even if its shields were down it would take at least one volley.

Dud Doodoo
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1528

http://www.moddb.com/mods/broken-arrow-the-world-in-conflict-vie

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 on Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:31 pm

The Warthog sounds extremely strange to me.
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase on Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:15 pm

Dud Doodoo wrote:Really? I love them. I love Halo 4s weapons and the changes they made to them. The saw and railgun are especially badass.
The generic weapons just sound really week to me, though. To me, the AR sounds like a playing card running through bike spokes.

Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:38 pm

KristallNacht wrote:In the end it's not a game changer, but I just feel that Reach's styles had more common sense and REAL design put into them, as opposed to just slapping ugly shapes together.
Thank you.

Arty wrote:I loved the game. They could have explained more behind the story, but I suppose they just expected players to have read the books/watched the series/keep up with the extra stuff. I don't really see where they could go with Halo 5 though...
The idea was that you got extra from the story if you've read the supplementary materials.
Instead, if you were a casual fan of the lore (IE, games) you've be left confused as to half of the new stuff and what was going on.
But if you read the new EU, you'd be left wondering why the Didact is suddenly a Disney villain. And it gets worse if you watch the Terminals.

Dud Doodoo wrote:Really? I love them. I love Halo 4s weapons and the changes they made to them. The saw and railgun are especially badass.
The only one that sounds remotely right would be the Needler.
Everything about the sound is wrong.

When you can actually hear the music, it rarely has anything to do with what is going on. It's not just lacking Halo's themes, it's lacking any distinctiveness of its own.
The Warthog... yeah, everything they did to it was a step backward, not just the engine sound.
The Covenant... why are the Elites suddenly speaking Japanese? Why do the Grunts sound like Smeagol? What happened to them speaking English?

Dud Doodoo wrote:As far as canon goes, they drew more from the books than Reach did. I know that isn't a fair comparison since Reach ass raped Fall of Reach, but if canon is your issue then Halo 4 is not the worst offender.
I really hate this argument.
"X is not as bad as Y, so you can't complain about X."

Sorry, but we spent months bitching about Y, so we have every right to complain about X.

Dud Doodoo wrote:What did bother me however was blowing away a Covenant cruiser with one archer missile...even if its shields were down it would take at least one volley.
Hyperion missile. Even if it's shields were down* it should have shot the missile down with PDS lasers.
And whatever happened to Covenant ships being strong enough to take a MAC without breaking apart?

*Why does every Covenant ship drop its shields when it's convenient for the protagonists? In Reach, I imagine that the Corvettes lost their shields due to previous fighting, and the one you boarded probably got MAC'ed by the Savannah before the level started, but there's no excuse here.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2927

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht on Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:40 pm

Nocbl2 wrote:Halfway done with the story. Pretty good thus far, but some of the missions are a little... eh. The story is okay, except Lasky and Palmer have yet to mention having known the Chief in the past, even though they both talked to him directly previously. Granted, it was like 30 years/5 years respectively, but still.

Lasky does say "Never thought I'd see you again".
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase on Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:40 pm

All of Rasq's complaints are legitimate, but meh... it's no more than the usual amount of retcons and whatnot. I still haven't played through it, unfortunately. I still think it looks like a pretty good game, but nowhere near the praise IGN gave it.

Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht on Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:09 pm

but probably above what EGM gave it.

It's definitely proof 343i isn't COMPLETELY off the mark, but in SOME aspects, its a step in the wrong direction....a more cod-y direction.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo on Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:32 am

Your posts seems to imply that there were steps in the right direction. From what I'm hearing both here and elsewhere, these were few and far between.

Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4540
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht on Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:30 am

Bringing more emotion and philosophical characteristics to the story? check. Bringing more humanity to the SPARTANs? check. Episodic COOP content? check.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo on Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:54 pm

KristallNacht wrote:Bringing more emotion and philosophical characteristics to the story? check.

Was this actually the case, however?

KristallNacht wrote:Bringing more humanity to the SPARTANs? check.

And this is good how, exactly? The thing that made the SPARTAN-IIs interesting and unique was how little humanity they retained. They were frequently referred to Halsey's wind-up soldiers, for bugger's sake! We saw humanization and personalization of the Spartans in Reach, and it was disgusting - one of my bigger gripes with the game.

KristallNacht wrote:Episodic COOP content? check.

What would make this a step in the right direction as opposed to how co-op was handled in Halo 3 is if the lore of the co-op was good. More content is worthless is the content itself is bad. Did the co-op content suffer from all of the many problems of the singleplayer content?

Magnificent Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht on Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:48 pm

yes....all three of those things happened, and all three of them are good.

Them being wind-up soldiers was never portrayed in the books. Showing them as being emotionally and socially broken despite their raw efficiency has. The games never showed it.

The story of MC and Cortana was raw and reminiscent of many of sci-fis greats.

Halo 3 didn't really have any dedicated co-op. And the episodic content is both awesome, and refreshing.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:07 am

So, HBO has a 343 Guilt-O-Lantern contest. Thought you guys might appreciate some of the entrants.

http://halo.bungie.org/misc/guiltolantern12/voting.html#

Number 40 is simply amazing.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2927

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo on Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:33 pm

KristallNacht wrote:Them being wind-up soldiers was never portrayed in the books. Showing them as being emotionally and socially broken despite their raw efficiency has. The games never showed it.

Maybe you should reread the books. The Spartans displayed limited emotions, but followed their orders. They did not display fear and I cannot think of any examples of displayed anger after the recruitment process (with exception to Kurt). They rarely express joy or sadness or anything at all. They do as they are told. They are almost always reserved, analytical, and dutiful, to the point that Kurt is considered unique in that he actually gets along with other people, leading to him being selected to lead the S-III project.

KristallNacht wrote:The story of MC and Cortana was raw and reminiscent of many of sci-fis greats.

John is your run of the mill Spartan who occasionally makes dry puns but otherwise expresses very little emotion. This was an important part of his character; an important part of all of the Spartans' characters. Drastically changing his character like this without real cause is not a step in the right direction. If they wanted to do something raw and emotional, there were plenty of other avenues to travel.

KristallNacht wrote:Halo 3 didn't really have any dedicated co-op.

The entire Halo 3 campaign was designed such that you could play it either singleplayer or coop and it would still make sense. It didn't have separate coop content, but it didn't need separate coop content.

KristallNacht wrote:And the episodic content is both awesome, and refreshing.

I'll have an opinion from someone who isn't so daft as to insist that the Spartans were represented as being emotional in the books. The quality of the content itself is the only defining quality of Halo 4's coop. The manner of delivering coop in itself was not inherently superior to previous games.

Magnificent Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY on Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:50 pm

while I do disagree with NT about the display of the spartans in the books (all I can weigh in on here as I havn't played halo 4) I do think that episodic content is an extremely good way of telling a story in interactive media
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3965

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht on Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:33 pm

I never said they were emotional. I said they were emotionally broken, which was never shown at all in the games until now, but WAS in many of the books.

The most memorable bits of the books was that aspect.

Being a stupid killing machine is cods place in the world, not Halos.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader on Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:51 pm

Hi guys! Ready to hear my opinion on Halo 4?!

Actually, I haven't even played it yet, but I did watch a playthrough of the first few levels on YouTube.

Huh, boy, where to start? LOL, I will say that I /like/ it more than a few people here surprisingly enough. Most of my complaints are minor, or aesthetic, and it seems like those complaints have already been filed. For the sake of convenience I'll break it up into sections.

Be forewarned, most of this is just a critique on the visual design of Halo 4, and a little on the weaponry, not much else yet.

Aesthetics

The aesthetics was my biggest issue with Halo 4, and most of those problems can be solved simply by firing Sotaro Tojima from the design team. Seriously, if they hadn't dropped the ball on the artistic design of this game, I would actually think pretty well of it. Not just the design work, but the way some stuff looks, just ugly. The bloom is intense, and ground textures sub par, even compared to older installments. There are some lovely vistas though, on occasion you'll come across one, but between them it's just one ugly, homogenized, and sloppily designed environment after another.

In my humble opinion, Halo reached it's artistic height in Halo 3/ODST, the design of units & vehicles, the majestic vistas, the ships, the guns even, it was all very well done, and the concept art reflects this:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/teohyc/3147118455/
http://media.nowpublic.net/images//78/4/784ffda0066d76d8861d51f563f3033d.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_ezXfXwVkn3k/TTi6Vd6SsXI/AAAAAAAAAC0/xMmtlHRP2pM/s1600/ih_brute09_stealthb.jpg
Couldn't really find the pictures I was looking for, just check out 'The Art of Halo 3' to see what I'm saying, really impressive work. To me, it looked better 5 years ago, but that probably has a lot to do with the limitations of an aging console.

Forerunner Architecture:

I know Forerunner Architecture as being stoney, flat, and simplistic. Depending if it was exposed to the elements, it would be a little worn looking: http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070518155808/halo/images/thumb/b/bb/Halo_Combat_Evolved-Infinity.jpg/750px-Halo_Combat_Evolved-Infinity.jpg
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090803101253/halo/images/8/80/Barrier_Tower.jpg
https://2img.net/h/i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k531/Chewit-Chewit/untitled.jpg
http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Images_with_unknown_source

Nothing too extreme, even blending in with the the environment a little. In Halo 4, everything looks like the TRON grid, everywhere. Everything is pristine and ultra shiny. When there are light beams and glow stripes going everywhere, it smacks of being lazy in designing it:

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/30/2329472-h4_campaign_forerunner_firstperson_05_copy.jpg

Just a bunch of crap to keep your eyes busy more than anything else. In the first Halo, the Forerunner scarcely used holographic paneling & consoles except for the map room and that sort of deal, most of it was dull, burnished metal/stone, and I thought that was pretty neat. The atmosphere in Forerunner structures was set by the fog, or ambient lighting, they looked like they've been uninhabited for thousands of years. In halo 4, light strips all over the place, and bloom to cover up the general crappiness and laziness of the design.

And another thing! Why do Forerunners now use physical push buttons? In previous games, one of the few applications they had for glowing holograms was for panels and buttons: http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080729133003/halo/images/b/b1/Holo_panel_1.jpg
It's a little thing, but Lord Pheonix damn it get's on my nerves... I LIKED pushing Forerunner Holographic buttons! Remember pushing the holobutton to activate the light bridge in the first Halo? That was exiting, and memorable.

Vehicles:

My critique of Reach's vehicles x10

MJOLNIR Armor:

I think you already know what the problem with the MJOLNIR armor is, he's wearing a different set from when he stepped into the cryopod.

What's the point of redesigning his suit anyway? To show of your shiny new tech and graphics engine? Simply increase the detail on his current suit for that, and maybe add a few nicks and scratches from his previous adventures, no need to redo it from scratch and make it look stupid. With Halo 2 to Halo 3, they only changed a few things here and there, like the hand guards, and it turned out great, and we weren't left scratching our heads in confusion as to why his suit is different now than it was moments ago in game. They got Sotaro Tojima from the MGS design team to do a lot of the conceptual work, and you know how that goes, if your good at designing certain things in one universe, you're therefore good at designing certain things in a completely different universe. People are going to notice the difference, and it can't possibly be an improvement. You can have 100,000 MJOLNIR suit designs that look fantastic, but only one will make sense given what's happened in the story (Chief steps in a cryopod, literally freezing himself in time until the next installment).

Which kinda sucks, because I actually like the MGS art style quite a bit, Metal Gear Rex and the Gekko and whatnot. Too bad Halo =/= MGS.

Cortana:

Why does she look different again? Just stick with the Halo 3 version, or even the Halo CE version (those 2, because the Halo 1 and 3 Cortana's look closer together than to the Halo 2 version). Is anyone else even a little bit bothered by this? I mean she's an AI and can change her appearance and all, but give me a break. When has it ever been OK to change what one of the main character's face looks like?

Here's Cortana in Halo 3: http://api.ning.com/files/Qnpw7da1WbclvUDmMvjoM*XUhVbFBph8EYGhkAb0Ufo7UNXLXwE6DwkdP1t0z0fxfi9mqG7MZBj5OSBPt7adWA__/Halo3Cortana.jpg
Sure, her hands are a little blocky, but that's where the updated graphics come in! You don't have to completely overhaul the design of something to show of improved tech and graphics. Here, she actually looks like a real person, someone made in the image of a scientist, at the very least, she's more than one shade of blue.

Covenant Units:

I'm fairly unimpressed with the design of the Covenant units, just another instance of 'changing things for the sake of changing things, because they can be changed'

Phantom Boarding Craft:

In Halo, there's a Covenant ship whose sole function is to board other ships, why not just use it to board the FUD? Why resort to making a ridiculous alternative that's just a lazy modification of another ship?

Forerunner/Promethean Units:

The Promethean units are comical. Again, I haven't played through the game myself, and only watched the first 3 levels, so I don't know why the hell they look like that, but seriously?

So far, the Forerunner have used strictly floating drone units, the Sentinels, the Enforcers, the mini Sentinels that kinda look like plasma pistols, and the Monitor. Not to say they can't diversify beyond that, but let's have some semblance of continuity here.

What they did in Halo 4 was, extreme... The doggy units, the mini Ceph dropships with the 2 ring wings, (which I would argue ought to look something like the Sentinels), and the Promethean Knights, which... How, wha? Who thought that was a good design for a Forerunner unit? Terrible, and lazy design, they remind me of Megatron in the worst possible way there is to be reminded of Megatron. They clearly can't be laughed to death, so why do they look like that?

Maybe this is just in my head, but I always thought the Forerunner to be noble and dignified, and not really interested in making their robots look like evil skull monsters: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9Ag0ms_y9g&feature=youtu.be&t=2m45s, just look at Spark and the Sentinels. Hell, I've found better Forerunner suit designs just by Googling them:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_rKD9J81p8Gk/TT5Fgc8e2zI/AAAAAAAAAps/7CDiT7WGNVs/s1600/halo-conceptart-forerunner-battlesuit.png

Not missing an opportunity to plug my work, I'd say I've even done better:
https://2img.net/h/i890.photobucket.com/albums/ac107/EthanNino/Concept%20Art/Halo/Halo%20Characters/Forerunner%20Characters/Assaultsuitfinalcopy.jpg
https://2img.net/h/i890.photobucket.com/albums/ac107/EthanNino/Concept%20Art/Halo/Halo%20Characters/Forerunner%20Characters/Helm3.jpg
My idea of a Forerunner battlesuit-defense AI is a tall, magnificent-looking mobile statue, not gimpy little trolls with grunt-like back gear and monster faces. Cortana said something about them being advanced defense AI, so why do they have skulls? Mr. Tojima, there's the door.

Pelican:

What have they done? It looks retarded now, with the 4 maneuvering thrusters on the bottom, and the ridiculous looking engines.

It's like if Microsoft was working on a legit Halo movie, and at the same time, some knockoff Anime movie called 'Angel Ring' was released solely to ride the hype and hopefully trick a few parents and grandparents into buying it instead of the real deal, and instead of 'Master Chief', you had 'The Commander', and instead of the Pelican we've all known and love, we get this horribly redesigned flying turd. Except that Microsoft is the one that ruined the Pelican. My personal favorite was the Halo 3 Pelican, that was one beautiful bird:
http://images.wikia.com/halo/images/0/07/H3_-_D77H-TCI.png
http://images.wikia.com/halo/images/5/54/PelicanTop-TheCrow%27sNest-Halo_3.jpg
http://images.wikia.com/halo/images/4/47/Pelicans5e_copy.jpg
http://images.wikia.com/halo/images/9/9e/HRS_D77H_TCI_Pelican_Bottom.jpg
http://www.supercheats.com/xbox360/guides/halo3/images/pelican.jpg

Now we have this:
http://images.wikia.com/halo/images/4/46/H4-PelicanDropship.png

Just can't leave well enough alone! First the Reach Version, now this?!

Gameplay

Personally, I like being given the choice between 3 sniper rifles that do almost exactly the same thing, don't you? Also 4 mid-far range precision weapons, couldn't imagine doing without any 1 of them... Now, of course I'm kidding, but know there's no problem AT ALL with having a few guns that do the same thing for the various factions, UNLESS it takes up room that would otherwise be used by a unique weapon. That's one of the things I loved so much about Halo CE, and to some extent 2, 3, and Reach, the factions didn't have equivalent weaponry, and they would compliment each other, or only be good at certain types of combat forcing you to play tactically, not just 'shoot in head with precision weapon X times'. They did some back peddling in Halo 2 by making the Fuel Rod gun shoot projectiles forward instead of arcs, so it was basically an alien rocket launcher, and the same goes for the Carbine & the BR, but it was left at a modest '2 weapons that do the similar things', nothing more.

Remember the beam rifle in Reach? At least that was an attempt to make a sniper weapon with different attributes than the human one, and I personally liked what they did. Hell, I wouldn't even mind if they took the old Halo 2-3 Beam rifle design, and made it shoot the sweeping beam it did in Reach, that would be a good evolution of that gun. They did the exact opposite of what I think they ought to have done in Halo 4 by changing the design of the Beam Rifle, while having it shoot the single shot projectiles, just like all the other sniper weapons... Pretty boring.

Rasq actually had a pretty cool idea for a Forerunner sniper weapon, when you zoom in, hold down the trigger lock onto targets like the Plasma Launcher in Reach, and shoot a semi maneuvering projectile that might even be able to pass through walls if your target lock stays, and BOOM! The downside is that it takes a little while to lock onto enemies, leaving you exposed to enemy snipers, and there you have it, a balanced weapon.

Can we ever hope to see such unique and varied weapons in future installments? I sincerely hope so.

If you played Halo CE on the PC, you'll probably know about the Gravity Gun, it was a weapon they left out of the game, but just imagine if they added something like that in instead. There are a few Custom Edition Maps that let you use it, and its pretty damn fun blasting warthogs all over the place with your mighty grav-beam (no, the Concussion Rifle is no substitute for it, it's actually a prostitute for it). I would take a gravity gun over another freaking precision weapon any day. Imagine a gravity gun with an alt fire that removes the gravity of a object in motion, so if a warthog was mid jump, it would keep on flyin', OR, maybe it INCREASES the gravity, freezing vehicles and enemies in place! Does that sound more fun than just shooting enemies in the head from a moderate range with a different looking gun?

Also, with the Forerunner guns, you'd figure them to be more tweaked to fight hordes of flood, like crowd control, not so much precision, and to some extent they were with the Scattershot and the Suppressor, but what happened to the beam weapons? Specifically the Sentinel Beam? The Forerunner guns play almost exactly the same as the human and Covenant ones. The Enforcer Sentinels had a few unique weapon types, why not bring them back? Remember the slow moving red needler weapon? There's your Suppressor right there! Remember the mortar weapon it shot? There's your 'Incineration Cannon' (retarded name)! Be creative with it, it's a whole new avenue of weapons no one's ever seen before. The Light Rifle coulda shot sweeping beams in a burst fire mode, or maybe the more you shoot it, the more powerful it gets, OR, maybe it blinds your enemy, something! This was 343's big chance to make something new, but instead they went back and changed the look of old stuff for no apparent reason.

Did the Scattershot NEED to look JUST like a generic shotgun? Be a little more creative next time, please.

Story

The story seems a little wonky from what I've seen in the first 3 levels, but I'm more accepting of it than Rasq and a few others here. It really does seem like a piece of Fan fiction, which is a little disappointing I guess.

Cortana had access to Forerunner technology when on the first Halo ring, and again on the 2nd Halo ring AND the Ark, and she couldn't figure out how to make herself live as long as Guilty Spark? All that knowledge was glorious, but not that useful it seems. I knew AI's deteriorated over time, but still, that doesn't mean you HAVE to go with that story despite all other events that have occurred within Halo.

I haven't thought of many logical issues with the game just yet, though I was a little confused why Halsey was being questioned, I mean, her work DID singlehandedly save the entire galaxy multiple times, give her a break. ALSO, what's all this about the Spartan's being emotionally stupid? Why is this even brought up? When in Halo were Spartan's ever portrayed as being emotionally broken? When did any of them have nervous breakdowns? The flashbacks? The PTSD? Don't they have medicine or therapy in the future to treat that? The Spartan's did seem mechanical in their actions, but that's the idea, it's not a vice that needs to be overcome. They seemed to be nonsexual in behavior, but that's because they scrambled their brains, nothing they can do about that.

Something about the relationship between Chief and Cortana, I-I-I don't know about that, sounds dangerous.

In the beginning when the Frigate was drifting into the planetary orifice along with everything else, the alien ships didn't have raised shields... Uh, what the fuck? Why not? Also, what missile did you shoot at that CCS? A nuclear missile? Why couldn't they see that you fired a missile and raise shields, shield raising is a pretty instantaneous process in Halo. It just seemed kinda stupid, but whatever.

I could go on and on about my views on the Forerunners, and how I think they should've just been humans uplifted by the Precursors to safeguard the Milky Way, but you've heard all that before. Now we have the Didact, a goofy movie villain with nefarious plans.

Summery:

Artistic Design: 4/10
Visuals: 5/10
Story: 6/10 (really, where were they going to take the story?)
Gameplay: 8/10
Multiplayer: 9/10

Overall: 6.4/10 What a Face

What I liked:

Huh, I guess I should mention a few things that I liked:

I liked how the rockets have long trails, unlike before.
I liked how they took out Armor Lock
I haven't played MP, (or the game at all for that matter), but I does look pretty sweet
I like the increased Forge options.

Last edited by Ringleader on Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader on Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:14 pm

KrAzY wrote:I think a lot of the halo 4 designs look kinda silly
Pretty much my entire critique right there.
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next