Hawken

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hawken Empty Hawken

Post by Divine Virus on Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:47 pm

I'm a sucker for Mech games. So this just makes me drool. Ever sence Chromehounds went down, I've needed my fix.

Hawken Hawken_thread_img

Platforms: Xbox 360, PS3 and PC
Release: TBA
Reviews: TBR

Debut Trailer


Gameplay Trailer


GameTrailers Page

IGN Page

GameSpot Page

Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 3125
Age : 29
Location : Seattle, WA
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Hawken Empty Re: Hawken

Post by Onyxknight on Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:12 pm

i jizzed in my pants
Onyxknight
Onyxknight
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1833
Age : 25
Location : wherever i want to be....maybe in your house o.O
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Hawken Empty Re: Hawken

Post by BBJynne on Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:08 pm

idk about the first person part...

I always liked being able to see the mecha's beautiful exterior

BBJynne
The Lord's Blood Knight

Male Number of posts : 5059
Age : 26
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Hawken Empty Re: Hawken

Post by Divine Virus on Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:19 pm

BBJynne wrote:idk about the first person part...

I always liked being able to see the mecha's beautiful exterior
I'm fine with it either way, but I do agree seeing it makes it that much better. Especially if it's customizible. Which I hope it will be. On the other hand, the interior looks beautiful here too.

It is possible though that they may do something like a 3rd person or make it so you can toggle it. In the gameplay trailer @ 2:22 it did show it going out to 3rd person to do something. But he got interupted and went back into first person. Not sure what he was going to do.

The videos are of a pretty early build so it's entirely possible. Then again, they do stress the "FPS mech combat" part. So, we shall see.
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 3125
Age : 29
Location : Seattle, WA
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Hawken Empty Re: Hawken

Post by Nocbl2 on Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:14 pm

The mechs look a lot more like oversize Elementals rather than Hounds or Mechs.
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Age : 20
Location : California
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Hawken Empty Re: Hawken

Post by KristallNacht on Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:52 pm

Nocbl2 wrote:The mechs look a lot more like Elementals Mechs.

wait....wat?
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Location : San Diego, California
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Hawken Empty Re: Hawken

Post by Divine Virus on Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:18 am

Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 3125
Age : 29
Location : Seattle, WA
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Hawken Empty Re: Hawken

Post by Felix on Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:40 am

Looks a little...clunky so far.
Felix
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2083
Age : 26
Location : Unlocking Alchemy
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Hawken Empty Re: Hawken

Post by Divine Virus on Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:18 pm

Seems to control just fine by looking at the gameplay trailer.

Then again, you are in a mech so maybe it's fitting in the sence of weight and such.
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 3125
Age : 29
Location : Seattle, WA
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Hawken Empty Re: Hawken

Post by Nocbl2 on Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:34 pm

KristallNacht wrote:
Nocbl2 wrote:The mechs look a lot more like Elementals Mechs.

wait....wat?
Elementals
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Age : 20
Location : California
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Hawken Empty Re: Hawken

Post by KristallNacht on Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:40 am

my bad, i fucked up my quote edit...

i meant to point out that you said that the mechs looked more like X than like mechs...


so...mechs don't look like mechs?
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Location : San Diego, California
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Hawken Empty Re: Hawken

Post by Nocbl2 on Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:10 am

KristallNacht wrote:my bad, i fucked up my quote edit...

i meant to point out that you said that the mechs looked more like X than like mechs...


so...mechs don't look like mechs?
I mean, they're a LOT smaller than regular Mechs or Hounds.
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Age : 20
Location : California
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Hawken Empty Re: Hawken

Post by KristallNacht on Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:31 am

but not smaller than the mechs in phantom crash and code geass
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Location : San Diego, California
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Hawken Empty Re: Hawken

Post by Carlos Spicyweiner on Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:03 am

Divine Virus wrote:
BBJynne wrote:idk about the first person part...

I always liked being able to see the mecha's beautiful exterior
I'm fine with it either way, but I do agree seeing it makes it that much better. Especially if it's customizible. Which I hope it will be. On the other hand, the interior looks beautiful here too.

It is possible though that they may do something like a 3rd person or make it so you can toggle it. In the gameplay trailer @ 2:22 it did show it going out to 3rd person to do something. But he got interupted and went back into first person. Not sure what he was going to do.

The videos are of a pretty early build so it's entirely possible. Then again, they do stress the "FPS mech combat" part. So, we shall see.
I think that 3rd person part at 2:22 was some sort of protection ability maybe, almost like, and it pains me to compare anything to this because of my hatred towards it, armor lock. But that's just what it looked like to me.
Carlos Spicyweiner
Carlos Spicyweiner
Minion

Male Number of posts : 803
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Hawken Empty Re: Hawken

Post by Nocbl2 on Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:23 pm

KristallNacht wrote:but not smaller than the mechs in phantom crash and code geass
I meant BattleMechs. Battlemechs are anywhere from 3 to 10 stories tall, hounds are even bigger. These ones look like just big powered armor suits.
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Age : 20
Location : California
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Hawken Empty Re: Hawken

Post by Vigil on Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:16 am

Carlos Spicyweiner wrote:
Divine Virus wrote:
BBJynne wrote:idk about the first person part...

I always liked being able to see the mecha's beautiful exterior
I'm fine with it either way, but I do agree seeing it makes it that much better. Especially if it's customizible. Which I hope it will be. On the other hand, the interior looks beautiful here too.

It is possible though that they may do something like a 3rd person or make it so you can toggle it. In the gameplay trailer @ 2:22 it did show it going out to 3rd person to do something. But he got interupted and went back into first person. Not sure what he was going to do.

The videos are of a pretty early build so it's entirely possible. Then again, they do stress the "FPS mech combat" part. So, we shall see.
I think that 3rd person part at 2:22 was some sort of protection ability maybe, almost like, and it pains me to compare anything to this because of my hatred towards it, armor lock. But that's just what it looked like to me.

I thought he was trying to get out of the mech hence why the thing dropping. Looking at the ammo counter, it could also equally be trying to resupply.

Looks interesting, I'd at least try the demo if it ever comes out.

In the mean time, if you really want your fix, we do have Trenched in the summer.

_________________
Hawken Viggy
Hawken House

A still more glorious dawn awaits.
Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
A morning filled with 400 billion suns
The rising of the milky way

You can fight like a Krogan, run like a Leopard
But you'll never be better than Commander Shepard
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Age : 30
Location : Unknown.
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Hawken Empty Re: Hawken

Post by Nocbl2 on Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:54 am

Trenched?
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Age : 20
Location : California
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Hawken Empty Re: Hawken

Post by Vigil on Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:15 am

http://www.trenchedgame.com/

Looks fun. A mix of tower defense and mechs.

_________________
Hawken Viggy
Hawken House

A still more glorious dawn awaits.
Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
A morning filled with 400 billion suns
The rising of the milky way

You can fight like a Krogan, run like a Leopard
But you'll never be better than Commander Shepard
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Age : 30
Location : Unknown.
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Hawken Empty Re: Hawken

Post by Ruski on Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:49 am

I never really liked Mech games. However, this looks kinda cool.
Ruski
Ruski
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1218
Age : 24
Location : Canton, Ohio
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Hawken Empty Re: Hawken

Post by Divine Virus on Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:53 am

Vigil wrote:http://www.trenchedgame.com/

Looks fun. A mix of tower defense and mechs.
Yeah I saw this a while ago and showed it to Onyx.

Looks pretty cool to me. Like I said, sucker for mech games. Razz
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 3125
Age : 29
Location : Seattle, WA
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Hawken Empty Re: Hawken

Post by CivBase on Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:42 pm

Apparently this is made by several indy designers. Pretty cool

_________________
Hawken Bzsigy2
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Location : Etchisketchistan
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Hawken Empty Re: Hawken

Post by Onyxknight on Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:40 pm

Divine Virus wrote:
Vigil wrote:http://www.trenchedgame.com/

Looks fun. A mix of tower defense and mechs.
Yeah I saw this a while ago and showed it to Onyx.

Looks pretty cool to me. Like I said, sucker for mech games. Razz
that it does ^.^
Onyxknight
Onyxknight
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1833
Age : 25
Location : wherever i want to be....maybe in your house o.O
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Hawken Empty Re: Hawken

Post by Divine Virus on Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:00 pm

I'm so happy to see this game is still alive.

Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 3125
Age : 29
Location : Seattle, WA
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Hawken Empty Re: Hawken

Post by Divine Virus on Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:35 pm

Oh man...I want this game like...right now.

Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 3125
Age : 29
Location : Seattle, WA
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Hawken Empty Re: Hawken

Post by Onyxknight on Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:26 pm

O.O amazing lol
Onyxknight
Onyxknight
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1833
Age : 25
Location : wherever i want to be....maybe in your house o.O
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Hawken Empty Re: Hawken

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum