Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chairman

5 posters

Go down

Chairman  Empty Chairman

Post by JumpingJet Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:00 pm

Today after 4 years or hard work i finally made my City's Chairman.

The LYC (Leeds Youth Council) is a collection of representatives from high schools and colleges accross my city, 1 from each. Every city has a youth council.

In each youth council there are normally around 50-70 councilors depending on the amount of schools and colleges in the city. My council amounts to a total of 56 councilors.

Each councilor has had to rise through the ranks of the high school/college council to become school president, they are then placed onto the cities Youth Council as a Junior member.

After that they then become a senior member. From there they can choose to be placed onto the Executive Board and become the councils Treasurer, Minute Secretary, Procedural guidence officer and other ranks.

Once being elected onto the Executive Board they then get the chance to run for Chairperson who represents the whole council and the city. The position has the same rights as an MP (US Congressmen) to represent the young peoples voice in the house of Commons and Lords (US Congress)

Smile
JumpingJet
JumpingJet
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1269
Registration date : 2009-03-22

Back to top Go down

Chairman  Empty Re: Chairman

Post by Lord Pheonix Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:29 pm

Good, good.

My Plan is slowly working....
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7574
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JumpingJet Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:03 pm

Say what?
JumpingJet
JumpingJet
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Spartan Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:23 pm

Congratz JJ.
Now don't screw it up.
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://www.fftu.info/forum/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:02 pm

except doesn't all that which the individual has to go through to get there, put them out of touch with the core people they are there to represent?
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by JumpingJet Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:15 pm

Gold Spartan wrote:Congratz JJ.
Now don't screw it up.

Thanks man Smile

KristallNacht wrote:except doesn't all that which the individual has to go through to get there, put them out of touch with the core people they are there to represent?

How do you mean?
JumpingJet
JumpingJet
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:30 am

you've done all that, which most likely has taken the place of a fair amount of the stuff that 75% of the people you represent do.

much like politicians who like to talk for the 75% of people that have to work every day, while barely working at all, and getting paid a shit ton.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:04 am

Chairman huh? Sounds fancy.

Well done JJ, well done.
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 3125
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by JumpingJet Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:30 am

KristallNacht wrote:you've done all that, which most likely has taken the place of a fair amount of the stuff that 75% of the people you represent do.

much like politicians who like to talk for the 75% of people that have to work every day, while barely working at all, and getting paid a shit ton.

I'm not a politician. It's Voluntary Smile

Unlike being a politician, whose role is to be lazy ass bastard, i have to liaise with a lot of people, and do a lot of work myself to keep with good terms with the rest of the council.

I have to plan, with my Executive team, the Full council meetings. By doing so i need to be in the know in what has happened recently in different working groups and departments which involves going to a lot of the meeting as a normal member.

When someone or a body of people with to consult with us i have to personally meet with them before hand with my Procedural Guidance Officer along with my Equality And Diversity Rep to consider terms and be the face of council.

By being the face of the council i have to be in a lot of places a lot of the time.

In addition, anything that happens within the council must pass by me first, I could neglect this duty of checking through propositions and work to my Vice, but then what does that say about me?

There's so much more to do than just sitting in a leather chair and drinking coffee. In fact i rarely spend more than 2 hours a week in my office...

JumpingJet
JumpingJet
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by JumpingJet Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:31 am

Divine Virus wrote:Chairman huh? Sounds fancy.

Well done JJ, well done.

Thanks man, the best bit is its funny to see people 3-4 years post my age working with me and passing work through me Smile
JumpingJet
JumpingJet
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum