Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MASS EFFECT 3 [now with spoilers]

+27
Rasq'uire'laskar
Elabajaba
Kasrkin Seath
Rotaretilbo
Carlos Spicyweiner
Lord Pheonix
Onyxknight
CivBase
Ascendant Justice
A_Bearded_Swede
RX
JumpingJet
TNine
Vtrooper
dragoon9105
Ukurse
Angatar
Gauz
Ringleader
Death no More
Gold Spartan
Vigil
Divine Virus
Felix
KristallNacht
PiEdude
Nocbl2
31 posters

Page 21 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Go down

MASS EFFECT 3 [now with spoilers] - Page 21 Empty Re: MASS EFFECT 3 [now with spoilers]

Post by Vtrooper Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:11 pm

dragoon9105 wrote:I think its symbolic of EA telling them how the ending will be no arguments, Shepherd expresses Bioware's Submissive pain in choosing the lesser of three evils, Destruction, direct Control or Synthesis, The Fact that Destruction is the only choice that has shep potentially live means that Bioware would rather die than go the way of countless companies before it.

Think of it,

Godchild, EA shows up at the very end of development, tells them how to do their own ending so they can milk the franchise more.

Bioware, Shepherd, has no choice but to listen to this nonsensical business sense and only has to nod their head and agree of suffer the three fates of those who anger EA.

Bioware makes a statement with the destroy ending that they'd sooner die and live again then end up a puppet of their vile overlords.

And before you say blaa blaa ea hate blaa blaa, remember its bioware, bioware knows how to write, which also means they understand the concept of allegory. Ehh? probably just crazy ramblings on my part.

THAT makes more sense then Shepard being Indoctrinated.
Vtrooper
Vtrooper
Crimson Henchmen

Male Number of posts : 2885
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

MASS EFFECT 3 [now with spoilers] - Page 21 Empty Re: MASS EFFECT 3 [now with spoilers]

Post by Lord Pheonix Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:10 pm

"Yo Dawg, I heard you don't want to be killed by synthetics, so I made a race of synthetics to kill you every 50,000 years so you don't get killed by synthetics."
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7574
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruski Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:23 pm

Lord Pheonix wrote:"Yo Dawg, I heard you don't want to be killed by synthetics, so I made a race of synthetics to kill you every 50,000 years so you don't get killed by synthetics."
Fucking stupid terrible writing. Would have been fine to have just kept it to what Sovereign said.
Ruski
Ruski
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1218
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:05 pm

Ruski wrote:
Lord Pheonix wrote:"Yo Dawg, I heard you don't want to be killed by synthetics, so I made a race of synthetics to kill you every 50,000 years so you don't get killed by synthetics."
Fucking stupid terrible writing. Would have been fine to have just kept it to what Sovereign said.

thats FAR over simplifying it and if you really believe that that is what he said, then you are a fucking retard.

the concept was that life will make synthetics that will kill ALL organics. So the reapers show up and knock off the highest level civilizations before they reach that point, so that low level organics have room to evolve.

Hence why the prothean knew of all the council races (except asari cause they were relatively new to the galaxy).
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Avenged Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:15 pm

I really liked the story.....

Avenged
Minion

Male Number of posts : 983
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:54 pm

Space Jesus believes that organics will create synthetics that will kill all organic life.

He makes Synthetics to kill all organic life and turn them into synthetics.

They lets new organic life grow so that it will be killed by HIS synthetics later

Solid plan.

"If you continue down your path you will be killed by the synthetics you create. Let my Synthetics kill you so that low level organics will keep living. That is until I kill THOSE organics with MY synthetics later of course"
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:25 pm

MASS EFFECT 3 [now with spoilers] - Page 21 Cmyk
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4541
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:46 pm

That would be hilarious actually.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoon9105 Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:06 pm

More Crazy Theories about GodChild!

GodChild is as the Name states Lord Pheonix thus his logic doesn't need to make sense since its obvious the Kid, Program, Citadel, Space Spaghetti whatever the hell he is has convinced himself his argument makes sense, And it does explain why Humans, Salarian and Turians lived through the Prothean Cycle. That or He is just what he looks like, a Kid. But that i get too later.

Remember Saren's Logic, "Lets Help all Reapers Kill all Organics so that they don't kill us that will work, right?" His logic fail is done through indoctrinating so we are led to believe it comes from godchild. The Kid is a Batshit AI who went crazy with power when some old race gave him the keys to a Fleet of robotic death machines, He doesn't need to make sense because he thinks hes a Lord Pheonix.

He sets about this Massive Grand Scheme, Organics are his play things, He doesn't do this to save them, He does this to watch them squirm, He doesn't kill all organics because he wants to get kicks off murdering the next batch.

First He kills of all Intelligent life. Then he ensures through several remaining reapers technology develops on a very specific route. This is to Prevent some race from perfecting lets say a Giant Ion Cannon and thus making him look like a laughing stock when he arrives with an army of robots only to all be disabled in one shot and dismantled for spare parts.

Next he Makes sure the Capitol of the Galaxy is Centralized, Because as a child he doesn't actually want coordinated resistance. He wants them to roll over and die so he can feel like the Self righteous child he is. Its like the guy who takes the most overpowered faction in an RTS, he doesn't want a fair fight, he wants to win.

Then this child takes the survivors of the races that remain and uses them to fuel his growing collectible toys, Reapers. He has One for every Cycle, something to remember them by, These ones had massive clone armies, These were lizard people who devoured everything in their path, This was a player run faction from Master of Orion... Lets not talk about that cycle. He uses them like personal trophies of his conquests. He isn't preserving them, Hes displaying them to all his imaginary godchild friends, like trading cards!

Then when all is lost for him, He see's a Fleet arrayed against him, he pouts, and yells and kicks and screams. If he can't win Nobody can, he says, "If they don't make me happy i'm taking my toys and leaving" So he blows up all the Mass Relays and the Citadel, If he can't have them nobody can, And no Human despite the odds is going to tell him what he can and can't do or stop him, Because he is just that, a Spoiled child.

The problem with the Ending isn't Godchild though, Its Shepherds reaction, Regardless of what he Picks he is still listening to this Kid, Crazy personal allegory theories that EA is Godchild aside its just arbitrary and frustrating.

Last edited by dragoon9105 on Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:15 pm

who cares it sucks

when does Half Life Ep. 3 come out already?
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoon9105 Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:17 pm

MASS EFFECT 3 [now with spoilers] - Page 21 256px-Battlefield_2142_box_art
Then
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:28 am

It didnt even suck.

Its the same thing the forerunners did with the ark.

Its better for life to go on then to end completely, even if that requires not letting everything live.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Vtrooper Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:34 am

So anyone see the new endings yet?
Vtrooper
Vtrooper
Crimson Henchmen

Male Number of posts : 2885
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:42 am

nope, will be a while before I get my xbox from TMO
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:39 pm

I've doing it now.

Will have a bigger post latter about it.

All I'm going to say right now, is that there are now 4 endings.

Spoiler:
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:21 pm

What ME3 needs is an ending where Shephard puts on a pair of pointy red shades, shouts "WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM!", and then fights in an awesome boss battle with the Starchild while he continues to spout his nonsense.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:19 pm

with galaxy sized robots?
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by BBJynne Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:57 pm

He has to take his shirt off to complete the image though.

BBJynne
The Lord's Blood Knight

Male Number of posts : 5059
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:30 pm

I've watched the episodes up to Kamina's death 3 times but only completed the series once.....

I just don't care as much once Kamina is gone....
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:26 am

You're missing the best bits, then, P. Episodes 9-11 and 26 are probably my favorite throughout the entire series.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:48 am

Anywho about those endings.

They only really add clarification, filling in some( but not all) of the plot holes.

If you disliked the ending because it was a deus ex machina and it didn't acknowledge your previous decisions, well you still won't like it.

There's more closure to it, as we see what happens to the universe after our choice, but there isn't really a lot of detail on what your team mates did, which was a little disappointing.

Good thing is they removed that obnoxious DLC prompt after the credits now.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:17 pm

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/08/02/mass-effect-3-leviathan-dlc-revealed/

That DLC they've been hinting at finally got confirmed.

Not sure about this one, given that the story is done in this series, and all they're adding is mid-game fluff.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:29 pm

Don't tell starbrat to fuck off. You lose.
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:17 pm

Vigil wrote:http://www.joystiq.com/2012/08/02/mass-effect-3-leviathan-dlc-revealed/

That DLC they've been hinting at finally got confirmed.

Not sure about this one, given that the story is done in this series, and all they're adding is mid-game fluff.
Saw that during the EA livestream. I'm not sure if I'm going to get it, if it's about the Leviathan of Dis (which I assume it is) I might consider it, but we all know how it's going to end so what's the point?
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:53 am

Nocbl2 wrote:Don't tell starbrat to fuck off. You lose.

Who the fuck does he think we are?
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next