Page 21 of 37 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 29 ... 37  Next

Go down

Halo: Reach 2.0 - Page 21 Empty Re: Halo: Reach 2.0

Post by Angatar on Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:07 am

Nocbl2 wrote:
dragoon9105 wrote:
Armor abilities counter eachother, Armor lock counters sprint like a beast
Hologam counters Bubbledrop and so on.
Armor lock is a piece of shit. Just wait a few feet off and PLASMA GRENADE!!! Dropshield I haven't experienced yet. But Hologram is also a piece of shit. Doesn't draw out campers or snipers.

EDIT: No need for Jorge to die. Jump out of the ship? Also, Six 1. Survived atmospheric re-entry 2. Why leave 4 million dollar space fighters to explode in space? WHY EVEN USE THE SPACE FIGHTERS??? Wouldn't it be much simpler to hijack a few Phantoms and fly them into the Assault Carrier tagged as friendlies, detonate the bomb and fly away?
If you're going to be a critic, you should know what you're talking about. They clearly explain in-game why they cannot use the fighters. Also, you can't escape what is basically a black hole. Light cannot escape one, neither can a guy on foot.

Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Ukurse on Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:52 am

Avenged wrote:Honestly it just sounds like your bad at the game
Lol...
Yea, I am pretty shit.

Also, my brother got a inconceivable (35 kill streak), Killamanjaro, and extermination within his first day of playing. It is too easy to rape and be raped in this game. More consistency would go a long way for this game.

But I have to say this game is a lot of fun when playing an classic (No loadouts, only sprint armour ability) gametype (anything but Headhunter really), on a small to medium sized map; without any vehicles. Like 4v4 Classic Slayer on the Cage.
DMR starts are stupid as everyone begins with far too much firepower, why not just spawn everyone with a god damn nuclear missile. AR and pistol are really good. It is a ridiculously small amount of time it takes to kill someone if you use a DMR at any range.

Also, I think all the other parts of the game are good, like Forge is amazing, aswell as firefight, but when this game comes to PvP, Reach fails.
Ukurse
Ukurse
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1441
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 on Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:24 am

Angatar wrote:
Nocbl2 wrote:
dragoon9105 wrote:
Armor lock is a piece of shit. Just wait a few feet off and PLASMA GRENADE!!! Dropshield I haven't experienced yet. But Hologram is also a piece of shit. Doesn't draw out campers or snipers.

EDIT: No need for Jorge to die. Jump out of the ship? Also, Six 1. Survived atmospheric re-entry 2. Why leave 4 million dollar space fighters to explode in space? WHY EVEN USE THE SPACE FIGHTERS??? Wouldn't it be much simpler to hijack a few Phantoms and fly them into the Assault Carrier tagged as friendlies, detonate the bomb and fly away?
If you're going to be a critic, you should know what you're talking about. They clearly explain in-game why they cannot use the fighters. Also, you can't escape what is basically a black hole. Light cannot escape one, neither can a guy on foot.
Oh, and Six survived the detonation HOW? If you're going to be a critic, know what you're talking about.
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:00 am

Nocbl2 wrote:EDIT: No need for Jorge to die. Jump out of the ship?
Jorge clearly said that the timer on the drive was fried, and it would have to be activated manually. And since the jump into Slipspace is just about instantaneous, hitting the button and running is only going to leave you tired.

Nocbl2 wrote:Also, Six 1. Survived atmospheric re-entry 2. Why leave 4 million dollar space fighters to explode in space?
Yeah.
They survived atmospheric re-entry in Halo 3 and First Strike. Why not here?
And who says that those 4 million dollar space jets were still around? Could have been destroyed when reinforcements showed up.

Nocbl2 wrote:WHY EVEN USE THE SPACE FIGHTERS??? Wouldn't it be much simpler to hijack a few Phantoms and fly them into the Assault Carrier tagged as friendlies, detonate the bomb and fly away?
Oh, yeah. I'm SURE the Covenant are going to let you dock without requesting a landing space, telling them what you're landing for, establishing a holding pattern, or any of the other frackin' things that get done in real life.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2927
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY on Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:05 am

for the multiplayer unbalances... halo 2 and 3 were both highly unbalanced in the first few weeks after release... its called patching, and bungie is pretty good about that
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3965

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 on Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:34 am

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:
Nocbl2 wrote:EDIT: No need for Jorge to die. Jump out of the ship?
Jorge clearly said that the timer on the drive was fried, and it would have to be activated manually. And since the jump into Slipspace is just about instantaneous, hitting the button and running is only going to leave you tired.
If they used the Phantoms I will talk about in a bit, the timer wouldn't have been fried.

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:
Nocbl2 wrote:Also, Six 1. Survived atmospheric re-entry 2. Why leave 4 million dollar space fighters to explode in space?
Yeah.
They survived atmospheric re-entry in Halo 3 and First Strike. Why not here?
And who says that those 4 million dollar space jets were still around? Could have been destroyed when reinforcements showed up.
They did't survive atmospheric re-entry in Strike. They survived a high altitude jump, and even then they were all injured, some even killed. In Halo 3, Chief has Mark 6. In Halsey's Journal, one of her upgrades in Mark 6 was to have the capability to survive atmospheric re-entry.

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:
Nocbl2 wrote:WHY EVEN USE THE SPACE FIGHTERS??? Wouldn't it be much simpler to hijack a few Phantoms and fly them into the Assault Carrier tagged as friendlies, detonate the bomb and fly away?
Oh, yeah. I'm SURE the Covenant are going to let you dock without requesting a landing space, telling them what you're landing for, establishing a holding pattern, or any of the other frackin' things that get done in real life.
First Strike. The S-II team lands a Spirit in the Unyielding Hierophant by having Cortana hack into the Covenant systems and allow them to land. Or, they could have done what Foehammer did in Halo 1 and make the dropships look like Covenant ones on their scanners.
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar on Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:40 am

Nocbl2 wrote:
Angatar wrote:
Nocbl2 wrote:
dragoon9105 wrote:

Oh, and Six survived the detonation HOW? If you're going to be a critic, know what you're talking about.
Because the black hole is not a supermassive one, and it was artificial? Scientists can make artificial black holes now, and we're still here. When a human ship goes into slipspace, I believe they have to be moving near the speed of light for them to be able to get into the tear they make because it lasts for a very small part of a second. If could kill Noble Six, then it probably would have destroyed Reach, too.

Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY on Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:04 am

just too be clear... Noble 6 was wearing an atmospheric reentry pack... you can see it in co-op

also the slipspace ruptures are designed for the size of ship... I believe they said the one they sued was frolm a destroyer... which is a very small classification of ship, noble 6 was far beyond the range of the explosion

@ Noc... spartans have survived crashed at beyond terminal velocity on many occations... a fall from orbit can only make you go at terminal velocity at the most... add in noble 6's reentry pack... its not surprising he didn't die
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3965

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 on Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:04 pm

Angatar wrote:
Nocbl2 wrote:
Angatar wrote:
Nocbl2 wrote:
dragoon9105 wrote:

Because the black hole is not a supermassive one, and it was artificial? Scientists can make artificial black holes now, and we're still here. When a human ship goes into slipspace, I believe they have to be moving near the speed of light for them to be able to get into the tear they make because it lasts for a very small part of a second. If could kill Noble Six, then it probably would have destroyed Reach, too.
I know that it's only open for a few seconds, but Six didn't travel very far before the bomb blew up.
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Avenged on Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:37 pm

There's a difference between being a critic and being butt hurt

Avenged
Minion

Male Number of posts : 983
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoon9105 on Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:01 pm

He didn't need to travel far, he just needed to escape the blast radius witch he did.
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 on Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:30 pm

KrAzY wrote:
So thats what that red thing in the cutscene after is....

Anyways, in Ghosts of Onyx, Kelly was thinking about jumping from the Beatrice, but didn't, one, because Halsey couldn't come with her, and two, because the heat would cook her inside the MJOLNIR. Since Six was wearing a re-entry pack, or what you claim to be one, maybe he could have survived. One thing I still don't get, though, is how Six was thrown out the window and able to get away in time, and how he would be able to control his fall. After all, he was thrown outside backwards, and could be seen struggling around.
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Avenged on Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:49 pm

This is retarded I mean when you watch an action movie do you sit around and bitch about how none of those awesome scencs make sense, no. so shut the fuck up you dumb shit.

Avenged
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Vtrooper on Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:06 pm

Noc... it clears say "Re-entry Pack" on the Re-Entry pack

i also assume Jorge didn't have one, and him being in slightly improved Mk.IV armor, i would assume he would of died in re-entry
Vtrooper
Vtrooper
Crimson Henchmen

Male Number of posts : 2885
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine on Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:19 pm

The story was good. It didn't follow canon, but at least it didn't have the pretense that it was canon and a bunch of stupid handwaves to try to force it in. And it really only seemed to be one (major) retcon to actually fit right in.
TNine
TNine
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1200
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoon9105 on Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:23 pm

Halo Reach Overrights fall of reach anyway, the games take higher priority in cannon than the books not the other way around.
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice on Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:01 pm

dragoon9105 wrote:Halo Reach Overrights fall of reach anyway, the games take higher priority in cannon than the books not the other way around.

Almost everyone knows this but I think the reason people are pissed with the rewrite of canon is that up until now, the games and the books were one when it came to lore. Since everyone has come to know the Halo story as being built up over the years with certain events leading up to certain events in games, both were tied together and now that a giant wall has been placed between book and game canon, the Halo universe has literally been split in half, with one side being "novel canon" and the other side being "game canon". It makes following the story difficult in some places.
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2136
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar on Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:54 am

Avenged wrote:This is retarded I mean when you watch an action movie do you sit around and bitch about how none of those awesome scencs make sense, no. so shut the fuck up you dumb shit.
Go troll somewhere else. This is a forum, people are allowed to voice their opinions.

Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Avenged on Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:04 am

There's a difference between voicing your opinion and bitching at nothing

Avenged
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo on Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:04 am

Avenged wrote:This is retarded I mean when you watch an action movie do you sit around and bitch about how none of those awesome scencs make sense, no. so shut the fuck up you dumb shit.

Interesting point. Except that Halo isn't supposed to be an action movie. It's supposed to be a science fiction. We don't complain when action movies have plot holes the size of the Gulf of Mexico because we went in knowing it was going to be stupid. When you pay money to see a science fiction movie, you expect the movie to at least attempt to make sense. We humor action movies because we have such low standards for the genre, but deep down, most of us would prefer if action movies would make more sense. The same goes with video games.

dragoon9105 wrote:Halo Reach Overrights fall of reach anyway, the games take higher priority in cannon than the books not the other way around.

Which is great and all, except that Bungie's story writing has always been mediocre at best. The original Halo was really immersive, but beyond that, all Halo games to date have been mediocre in the story department. When it came to the Haloverse, continuity, and deep plots, you had to rely on Eric Nylund for your fix. So you'll forgive me if I'm a bit upset that Bungie couldn't just keep pumping out mediocre shit, but instead had to take its mediocre shit and rewrite all the actually good shit.

Avenged wrote:There's a difference between voicing your opinion and bitching at nothing

Exactly. Which is why we want you all to go fuck off.

Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4540
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Avenged on Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:09 am

Fair enough

Avenged
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoon9105 on Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:46 am

Rotaretilbo wrote:

Which is great and all, except that Bungie's story writing has always been mediocre at best. The original Halo was really immersive, but beyond that, all Halo games to date have been mediocre in the story department. When it came to the Haloverse, continuity, and deep plots, you had to rely on Eric Nylund for your fix. So you'll forgive me if I'm a bit upset that Bungie couldn't just keep pumping out mediocre shit, but instead had to take its mediocre shit and rewrite all the actually good shit.

The books are still there for you to enjoy reach isn't going to magically change the text nylund wrote.

The logic that if you never have even picked up a halo book reach's story is perfectly fine. Under the same logic the books are still perfectly fine if you never play reach. and from your opinion on the storyline it might be best that you dont get it if your not going to enjoy it (why waste the 60$). The game is already out, its the last halo game bungie is going to make (supposably), ranting on about the cannon isn't going to make it go away.

Lets put it like this i have a feeling 343 studios is going to destroy the haloverse anyway, i would rather bungie make break some things than someone else.
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix on Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:36 am

dragoon9105 wrote:
The books are still there for you to enjoy reach isn't going to magically change the text nylund wrote.

While it isn't "magical" they plan on re-writing the Fall of Reach to better suit Halo: Reach (or they were just re-writing it, I forgot)

dragoon9105 wrote:
The logic that if you never have even picked up a halo book reach's story is perfectly fine. Under the same logic the books are still perfectly fine if you never play reach. and from your opinion on the storyline it might be best that you dont get it if your not going to enjoy it (why waste the 60$). The game is already out, its the last halo game bungie is going to make (supposably), ranting on about the cannon isn't going to make it go away.

Doesn't seem to make sense (to me anyway) that you would read the books, but not play the game. I mean, the reason you read the book is to better enrich the story of the game universe. Or maybe you just like reading a lot I guess.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the campaign, it was a lot of fun. It just completely raped canon.

dragoon9105 wrote:
Lets put it like this i have a feeling 343 studios is going to destroy the haloverse anyway, i would rather bungie make break some things than someone else.

Is breaking a lamp different if someone else does it? Anyway, why would Bungie even have to break it? I mean there so many obvious things they could have avoided, but didn't.

But I still enjoyed it.
Felix
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase on Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:24 am

I'm currently re-reading Ghosts of Onyx. After that, I'll read First Strike for the first time (I found out that I forgot to read that one >.>). Until then, I can't really say much about the canon.

BUT... that game is FUN.

Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo on Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:36 pm

dragoon9105 wrote:Lets put it like this i have a feeling 343 studios is going to destroy the haloverse anyway, i would rather bungie make break some things than someone else.

Why do you say that, dragoon? If you ignore the books, 343 Studios has done very little to damage the Haloverse. Halo Wars and Halo Legends are only condemned by book canon.

Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4540
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 37 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 29 ... 37  Next