Gaming's Great Debate!

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The Great Debate

Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 3 Vote_lcap67%Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 3 Vote_rcap 67% 
[ 24 ]
Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 3 Vote_lcap6%Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 3 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]
Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 3 Vote_lcap19%Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 3 Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 7 ]
Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 3 Vote_lcap8%Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 3 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 3 ]
 
Total Votes : 36

Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 3 Empty Re: Gaming's Great Debate!

Post by Vtrooper on Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:31 pm

i agree with Krazy
Vtrooper
Vtrooper
Crimson Henchmen

Male Number of posts : 2885
Location : The reaches of Space
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 3 Empty Re: Gaming's Great Debate!

Post by Ringleader on Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:33 pm

CivBase wrote:
Ringleader wrote:Oh, and this must have made perfect sense to you:
Even if a lot of its popularity came from past success, that doesn't make the current success any less real.
Even if a lot of it's popularity

came from past success

that doesn't make the current success

any less real.


I don't see how you DON'T understand it.

Well, maybe because 1, it makes no sense? and 2, it supports no argument made on either side, its pretty much a straw-mans factoid. "HEY, JUST BECAUSE IT WAS, POPULAR THEN, DOESN'T MEAN THAT IT'S CURRENT POPULARITY IS FAKE!!!"

Yeah, sure, it doesn't mean it's current success is fake, but it really doesn't mean it's current success is real either?

Oh, and hell yeah previous success can affect whether current popularity is just hype, do you think Halo Wars would have been rated lower without the previous Halo titles? You should. Yeah, games are rated pretty much right after the're released if not right before, so yeah, hype can and does affect success/popularity/ratings of games.



But I applaud your ability to break up the sentence in 3 separate lines, that's some pretty serious business right there.


Last edited by Ringleader on Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Age : 27
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 3 Empty Re: Gaming's Great Debate!

Post by BBJynne on Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:38 pm

Ringleader wrote:
CivBase wrote:Even if a lot of it's popularity

came from past success

that doesn't make the current success

any less real.
But I applaud your ability to break up the sentence in 3 separate lines, that's some pretty serious business right there.

I also applaud your ability to count.

BBJynne
The Lord's Blood Knight

Male Number of posts : 5059
Age : 27
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 3 Empty Re: Gaming's Great Debate!

Post by Ringleader on Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:41 pm

I must have skipped one, whoops...

If I thought he was throwing down some serious business before with three lines, you can just imagine how awe-struck I am with the realization that he divided up that sentences into 4 whole pieces. He must be really serious about pushing this completely irrelevant point across.

Also, you have one more post on your counter, let's throw a party!
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Age : 27
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 3 Empty Re: Gaming's Great Debate!

Post by Angatar on Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:30 pm

Gold Spartan wrote:
Gauz wrote:Why we dont like halo?

Halo: Wars
Halo 3
Halo: ODST
Explain. The campaign was weak but it's multiplayer is still widely played today.
I find the multiplayer is rarely fun (except custom games), and the campaign is Halo CE but with better graphics.

_________________
Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 3 Angatarcopy-1
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Age : 24
Location : Long Island
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 3 Empty Re: Gaming's Great Debate!

Post by Ringleader on Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:51 pm

Halo 3 with any amount of lag is a real doozie, but the matchmaking is pretty kick ass when the stars line up.

Also, Halo 3 custom games would be fun if they weren't all zombie survival, where the zombies get killed over and over again.
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Age : 27
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 3 Empty Re: Gaming's Great Debate!

Post by Nocbl2 on Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:03 pm

Ringleader wrote:Halo 3 with any amount of lag is a real doozie, but the matchmaking is pretty kick ass when the stars line up.

Also, Halo 3 custom games would be fun if they weren't all zombie survival, where the zombies get killed over and over again.
Not all of them are zombie survival. Jenga and duck hunt are awesome.
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Age : 20
Location : California
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 3 Empty Re: Gaming's Great Debate!

Post by Gauz on Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:13 pm

I do not find halo's multiplayer fun. Halo Reach was better, because of the... "perks" and such... but halo 3 bores me.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 3 Empty Re: Gaming's Great Debate!

Post by dragoon9105 on Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:41 am

Halo 3 was a stable base for Halo mutiplayer on the 360 guaz, it had a little of everything and forge mode allowed to to outlive most other games released around the same time.

That combined with bungie releasing new maps made to be serious multiplayer maps to be played over and over and over again as a part of the game and not just as quick cash-in is enough to say Halo 3 has good multiplayer.

And its not all zombie survival, i random games all the time that aren't infection gametypes, sounds like someone forgot about grifball, Rocket-race, Everyone crush dragoon with a tank in forge and arena style slayers games.
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 3 Empty Re: Gaming's Great Debate!

Post by Gold Spartan on Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:27 am

Gauz wrote:I do not find halo's multiplayer fun. Halo Reach was better, because of the... "perks" and such... but halo 3 bores me.
It was better? When the fuck did you get Reach?
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3405
Age : 24
Location : Kentucky, where else?
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://www.fftu.info/forum/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 3 Empty Re: Gaming's Great Debate!

Post by KrAzY on Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:52 am

I believe he is talking about the beta... which will have improved by the time the game releases
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3965
Age : 30
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 3 Empty Re: Gaming's Great Debate!

Post by Gauz on Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:27 pm

dragoon9105 wrote:[words]
I... don't care. I still find it boring.

Gold Spartan wrote:
It was better? When the fuck did you get Reach?
What krazy said...
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 3 Empty Re: Gaming's Great Debate!

Post by Rotaretilbo on Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:30 pm

It was a tough vote, but I voted equally good. The original Call of Duty and the original Halo were both really good games. Most games after that have been mediocre and had a heavy focus on multiplayer. I'll stick with Valve, thank you.

_________________
Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 3 Rot_cube_Signature-1
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4540
Age : 29
Location : Arizona
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 3 Empty Re: Gaming's Great Debate!

Post by Gold Spartan on Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:50 pm

Rotaretilbo wrote:It was a tough vote, but I voted equally good. The original Call of Duty and the original Halo were both really good games. Most games after that have been mediocre and had a heavy focus on multiplayer. I'll stick with Valve, thank you.
i have to agree with Rot's statement. Valve>The choices on this poll.
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3405
Age : 24
Location : Kentucky, where else?
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://www.fftu.info/forum/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 3 Empty Re: Gaming's Great Debate!

Post by tiny tim on Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:55 pm

Except for when they made it so you have to buy deathmatch.....

tiny tim
Crimson Cripple

Male Number of posts : 1762
Registration date : 2009-03-01

Back to top Go down

Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 3 Empty Re: Gaming's Great Debate!

Post by CivBase on Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:04 pm

Gauz wrote:Why we dont like halo?

Halo: Wars
Halo 3
Halo: ODST
Fixed.

Seriously, Halo 3 was an amazing game. The story was poor compared to the first two - which is expected as a closer (no new set pieces) - but it sure as hell wasn't bad. Moderate at worst. Other than that, the remainder of the game was top-notch. As for ODST, it was a wonderful game that was a tad overpriced for lack of multilayer, but was a wonderful game none the less.

Ringleader wrote:
CivBase wrote:
Ringleader wrote:Oh, and this must have made perfect sense to you:
Even if a lot of its popularity came from past success, that doesn't make the current success any less real.
Even if a lot of it's popularity

came from past success

that doesn't make the current success

any less real.


I don't see how you DON'T understand it.

Well, maybe because 1, it makes no sense? and 2, it supports no argument made on either side, its pretty much a straw-mans factoid. "HEY, JUST BECAUSE IT WAS, POPULAR THEN, DOESN'T MEAN THAT IT'S CURRENT POPULARITY IS FAKE!!!"
Get some f***ing glasses before you start acting like a smartass. I said SUCCESS not POPULARITY. Jesus!

It has success right now because it's good, not because it was successful in the past. It got a lot of popularity from its past games, which persuaded people to buy the new one. What made it successful, though, was that they liked it; it was a good game, not just hyped up.

Ringleader wrote:But I applaud your ability to break up the sentence in 3 separate lines, that's some pretty serious business right there.
ey
BB summed this up nicely for me.

Angatar wrote:I find the multiplayer is rarely fun (except custom games), and the campaign is Halo CE but with better graphics.
Most people would disagree. But what game has better multiplayer?

Oh, and I play (literally) 10x as many custom games as matchmaking. They're as much part of the game as anything else.

Ringleader wrote:Also, Halo 3 custom games would be fun if they weren't all zombie survival, where the zombies get killed over and over again.
You need to try a few games with some REAL forgers then Razz

Gauz wrote:I do not find halo's multiplayer fun. Halo Reach was better, because of the... "perks" and such... but halo 3 bores me.
That's about as descriptive as a blank page. Care to tell us WHY you disliked it... kinda like I originally asked? Besides, the perks didn't add much more than equipment did.

Gold Spartan wrote:i have to agree with Rot's statement. Valve>The choices on this poll.
Well, I'm thinking Halo Reach will trump Half Life 2 and its extensions... so Razz to that

Though HL2 was still an epic game that I highly recommend to just about everyone I see.

_________________
Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 3 Bzsigy2
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Location : Etchisketchistan
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 3 Empty Re: Gaming's Great Debate!

Post by tiny tim on Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:25 pm

but will it top the mods?

tiny tim
Crimson Cripple

Male Number of posts : 1762
Registration date : 2009-03-01

Back to top Go down

Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 3 Empty Re: Gaming's Great Debate!

Post by Angatar on Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:39 pm

I enjoy CoD multiplayer more than Halo just because I'm very good at it and I can troll people because more people have mics. If more of my friends had a working Halo 3 disc I would love to play customs with them, but they all have CoD so I have more fun with that.

Custom games are fun, but (as I said before, no one really plays it much).

_________________
Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 3 Angatarcopy-1
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Age : 24
Location : Long Island
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 3 Empty Re: Gaming's Great Debate!

Post by Divine Virus on Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:55 pm

I enjoy Halo's multiplayer way more then COD's.

With Halo Reach being released soon, and the game seeming to have the best of a couple worlds in it, it's going to be good times.

Both Multiplayer AND Single player.
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 3125
Age : 29
Location : Seattle, WA
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 3 Empty Re: Gaming's Great Debate!

Post by CivBase on Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:16 pm

Angatar wrote:I enjoy CoD multiplayer more than Halo just because I'm very good at it and I can troll people because more people have mics.
You like a game because you can troll? Somethings wrong with that...

Oh, and almost everyone has mics on Halo 3 (definable not less than CoD from what I've seen).

Angatar wrote:If more of my friends had a working Halo 3 disc I would love to play customs with them, but they all have CoD so I have more fun with that.
Wait... you can actually get more than three or four people into one CoD game? I have yet to do be able to that on even the newest CoD game...

Angatar wrote:Custom games are fun, but (as I said before, no one really plays it much).
...but I turned on Halo 3 the other day for the first time in nearly a year and seven people joined the game within half an hour. Only two were sent invites. Tons of people still play Halo 3; in fact, we just had a big game of forge yesterday with Bacon, XNate, Onyx, Don Corleone, and Hammerboy.

_________________
Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 3 Bzsigy2
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Location : Etchisketchistan
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 3 Empty Re: Gaming's Great Debate!

Post by Gauz on Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:19 am

Civ wrote:*something about perks not changing much in Halo Reach*
O RLY?!

The equipment did sure change tactics, but so did the perks. So much that it made reach enjoyable for me.

Liiike being able to use a jetpack to access a position higher up that was otherwise inaccessable? Or using armor lock to distract your enemy while your teammates take them out? Or how about turning invisible? That definately gives you a LOT of new opportunities that Halo 3's multiplayer didn't have.


And as to why I think Halo 3 is boring.... well.... I don't know, it just is (for me). Then again COD is no better.



Honestly though, I dont know why these two were picked. I haven't played CoD2 or the other good ones, and Halo: CE is the only halo game I really liked.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 3 Empty Re: Gaming's Great Debate!

Post by Ringleader on Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:22 am

Get some f***ing glasses before you start acting like a smartass. I said SUCCESS not POPULARITY. Jesus!
When it comes to video games, popularity is synonymous with success, which is kind of why I used the two words interchangingly.

...If it was really that hard to deduce that. Unless of course, you're playing dumb on purpose to peddle this irrelevant point across with chin held high. Lets not forget that the original argument was that you said ODST is an expansion, not a full, stand alone game. And even though this thread is about which games are good, and even though we both basically share the same stance on ODST (being good), I guess making up ridiculous points like "Even if a lot of its popularity came from past success, that doesn't make the current success any less real.", and trying to push them across as some kind of fact of life is more important then that sort of thing. But, you still seem to think ODST is an ekspanshun, even though it is a stand alone game that you do not need another game to play, I'm afraid I cannot parse that level of reasoning.
It has success right now because it's good, not because it was successful in the past. It got a lot of popularity from its past games, which persuaded people to buy the new one. What made it successful, though, was that they liked it; it was a good game, not just hyped up.
I specifically did not disagree with this point because the phrase: "Even if a lot of its popularity came from past success, that doesn't make the current success any less real.", doesn't make the opposite false automatically, the only reason I singled this one phrase out was because it had no direction in terms of supporting your argument. It's not false, it just has no meaning, and shows that you cannot support your opinions properly.

Another example of this being your anecdotal response to what Angatar was saying about how few people play custom games now, the logical conclusion would be to agree, fewer people would be playing Halo 3 after 3 years and people moved on to different games, right? Also, isn't your rebuttal completely depended on your friend's preferences? You see, I can say that I had a game of COD with 12 of my friends, but that doesn't really mean anything, because for all we know, I could have added them FROM PLAYING COD, and similarly, you could have added those seven from Halo, so don't act like your friends list is representative of all gamers because that's a pretty weak platform to support your point.
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Age : 27
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 3 Empty Re: Gaming's Great Debate!

Post by Angatar on Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:07 am

CivBase wrote:
Angatar wrote:I enjoy CoD multiplayer more than Halo just because I'm very good at it and I can troll people because more people have mics.
You like a game because you can troll? Somethings wrong with that...

Oh, and almost everyone has mics on Halo 3 (definable not less than CoD from what I've seen).
Whenever I play matchmaking, only a couple people have mics. Usually it's people who just got the game.

Short list:
-I like the faster gameplay
-Barebones
-I have friends with this game
-S&D Riot Shields+Throwing Knifes
-Nazi Zombies
-It's easier to carry a CoD game than any Halo game
-Faster matchmaking

I'll enjoy Halo: Reach a lot more than any other games multiplayer (other than Halo CE), it seems to have combined the best parts of both, and expanded on it.

CivBase wrote:
Angatar wrote:If more of my friends had a working Halo 3 disc I would love to play customs with them, but they all have CoD so I have more fun with that.
Wait... you can actually get more than three or four people into one CoD game? I have yet to do be able to that on even the newest CoD game...
Sometimes it's hard in Ground War, but we can easily get the 6 people needed for S&D or Demolition.

CivBase wrote:
Angatar wrote:Custom games are fun, but (as I said before, no one really plays it much).
...but I turned on Halo 3 the other day for the first time in nearly a year and seven people joined the game within half an hour. Only two were sent invites. Tons of people still play Halo 3; in fact, we just had a big game of forge yesterday with Bacon, XNate, Onyx, Don Corleone, and Hammerboy.
Invite me! I play Halo 3 with you guys, but no one ever sends any invites so I don't join. As I said, very few of my friends play Halo, and when they do it's Halo Wars (which I will NEVER own) so I can rarely play in a good custom game.

_________________
Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 3 Angatarcopy-1
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Age : 24
Location : Long Island
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 3 Empty Re: Gaming's Great Debate!

Post by dragoon9105 on Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:25 am

Hey i used to play halo 3 all the time but nobody invites me into anymore games, probably becuase i dont have any maps past heroic?
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 3 Empty Re: Gaming's Great Debate!

Post by RX on Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:05 am

When it comes to Halo multiplayer and CoD multiplayer, I personally prefer the Call of Duty multiplayer.. atleast it's the one I miss the most Sad
RX
RX
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1957
Age : 25
Location : Ancient Kingdom of Norwegia
Registration date : 2008-12-12

Back to top Go down

Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 3 Empty Re: Gaming's Great Debate!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum