Gaming's Great Debate!

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The Great Debate

Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 2 Vote_lcap67%Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 2 Vote_rcap 67% 
[ 24 ]
Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 2 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]
Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 2 Vote_lcap19%Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 2 Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 7 ]
Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 2 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 3 ]
 
Total Votes : 36

Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 2 Empty Re: Gaming's Great Debate!

Post by Divine Virus on Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:33 pm

I don't even know who Nathan Fillion is.

So...Doesn't effect my point score. Razz

Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 3125
Age : 29
Location : Seattle, WA
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 2 Empty Re: Gaming's Great Debate!

Post by Rotaretilbo on Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:52 pm

Ring doesn't like Nathan Fillion

-100 (days from your life span)

_________________
Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 2 Rot_cube_Signature-1
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4540
Age : 29
Location : Arizona
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 2 Empty Re: Gaming's Great Debate!

Post by Ringleader on Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:16 pm

ODST was alright, but the addition of Fillion was just a marketing tool that really added nothing to the game, because when your playing the game and you see Nathan Fillion, you think: "Oh, that's Nathan Fillion I guess... Wait, why is he in Halo?"

The completely unnecessary addition of Fillion just made it seem like some kind of big Hollywood production or something, I mean, he's an actor, not even that great of one for that matter (especially his voice acting), so why throw him in? It's not really that big of a deal, certainly not one to make the game go from good to bad, but the devs decision to throw him in is sort of like throwing in a barrel rolling space fighter with turbo boosters. In all, I'd give ODST a 7-8, but like most games, there are certain little nitpicks that keep the it from being great.

ODST just didn't feel like a complete game to me, like, most of Halo is an online experience, and all ODST had to offer in that department was Firefight, something you wouldn't want to play more then one game at a time.



"C'mawn Verawnica, wacoubeMMMORE immportn thn that Carrier?"


Last edited by Ringleader on Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Age : 27
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 2 Empty Re: Gaming's Great Debate!

Post by CivBase on Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:18 pm

When you have to come out with 6 games to keep a crowd going - compared to just an expansion - you know the game isn't really that great.

CoD's campaigns have never had any replay value to me (especially when they don't have co-op) except to get laptops and death cards. Even with MW2's "special co-op" I only played through it till I had the stars, then I never came back. I'd still gladly replay Halo 3 or ODST's campaigns, though. Only Nazi Zombies really kept me coming back to any CoD game, and that's even wearing off much faster than Halo 3.

As for multiplayer, Halo definitely takes the cake. It's better balanced, has constant support from Bungie (even now), has forge and a great gametype editer, and just flat out has better games IMO.

And who is Nathan Fillion? Neutral

_________________
Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 2 Bzsigy2
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Location : Etchisketchistan
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 2 Empty Re: Gaming's Great Debate!

Post by Ringleader on Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:21 pm

He's the main character of Firefly, a 'Space-Western' series...
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Age : 27
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 2 Empty Re: Gaming's Great Debate!

Post by BBJynne on Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:21 pm

Ringleader wrote:ODST just didn't feel like a complete game to me, like, most of Halo is an online experience, and all ODST had to offer in that department was Firefight, something you wouldn't want to play more then one game at a time.

That's cause it kinda wasn't. It was a vastly overpriced expansion, and imo you have to think of it as that.


CivBase wrote:And who is Nathan Fillion? Neutral


.........

His most famous role is as Captain Malcolm Reynolds.

BBJynne
The Lord's Blood Knight

Male Number of posts : 5059
Age : 27
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 2 Empty Re: Gaming's Great Debate!

Post by Gauz on Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:35 pm

You still replay Halo 3's story? For what?
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 2 Empty Re: Gaming's Great Debate!

Post by CivBase on Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:36 pm

Fun. You should try it some time.

_________________
Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 2 Bzsigy2
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Location : Etchisketchistan
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 2 Empty Re: Gaming's Great Debate!

Post by Ringleader on Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:39 pm

ODST had a pretty lengthy campaign, and It's closer to a full game then an expansion, that's not really why it doesn't feel like a complete game. It's because your playing a game with not a whole lot of new content. Your basically paying for a side story with not very interesting characters:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtpdpnIGGwc

Listen to how flat and unrealistic the dialogue is in the first 5 minutes of the game. I know it's just a video game, and not really that dependent on a convincing story, but for a game that's sole purpose is to tell a story, it didn't really do a great job, and Sadie's story definitely did NOT AT ALL make it any more worth buying/playing. Crucify me for expecting a little more out of Bungie...
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Age : 27
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 2 Empty Re: Gaming's Great Debate!

Post by CivBase on Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:47 pm

Ringleader wrote:ODST had a pretty lengthy campaign, and It's closer to a full game then an expansion...

...It's because your playing a game with not a whole lot of new content. Your basically paying for a side story...
That's called an expansion. Say it with me: ek-span-shun.

I thought ODSTs campaign was plenty interesting. It was a good story and a nice break from the "omg im am teh epic sprtanzor". It was a more believable story for the halo-verse and well played out. Why do you have a problem with this? I'm sure if it was another MC vs Covies vs Flood (on a Halo ring), you'd have thrown a fit.

I know some people like to attack things just because they are popular, but sometimes things are popular because they're good. Even if a lot of its popularity came from past success, that doesn't make the current success any less real.

_________________
Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 2 Bzsigy2
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Location : Etchisketchistan
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 2 Empty Re: Gaming's Great Debate!

Post by Ringleader on Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:04 pm

That's called an expansion. Say it with me: ek-span-shun.
Why have you activated dick mode?

And no, it's not at all closer to an expansion then it is to a stand alone game. You see, an expansion is something like that Kasumi DLC pack for ME2, like, an hour or so tops, with some new content. ODST's campaign was equitable in length to Halo 3 and with significantly more content then any DLC I've ever heard of. It's almost like Bungie's attempt at copying what Infinity Ward did for the last six games, re-releasing a game, with small engine improvements, and a 75% complete story.

I know some people like to attack things just because they are popular, but sometimes things are popular because they're good.
You seem to think that Halo is immune to criticism in the mildest of forms. Didn't I say that I still thought it was an alright game? ODST is hardly a popular game, I mean, maybe in the first week after release, but no one really plays it anymore for the aforementioned reasons. COD is a heck of a lot more popular then ODST, and COD is a pretty weak game, it's popular because it's gameplay is addictive, not really because it's that great.

Even if a lot of its popularity came from past success, that doesn't make the current success any less real.
Current success or current popularity? I don't think anyone here was trying to argue either point. Also, what? Remember the Star Wars prequels? They were popular because they were so grossly anticipated, and after all the hubbub cleared, they sucked, they were easily forgettable movies more akin to a fad then something we will be talking with our kids about, whereas the classic Star Wars films will continue to live on.
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Age : 27
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 2 Empty Re: Gaming's Great Debate!

Post by Nocbl2 on Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:52 pm

Ringleader wrote:
That's called an expansion. Say it with me: ek-span-shun.
Why have you activated dick mode?

And no, it's not at all closer to an expansion then it is to a stand alone game. You see, an expansion is something like that Kasumi DLC pack for ME2, like, an hour or so tops, with some new content. ODST's campaign was equitable in length to Halo 3 and with significantly more content then any DLC I've ever heard of. It's almost like Bungie's attempt at copying what Infinity Ward did for the last six games, re-releasing a game, with small engine improvements, and a 75% complete story.
Diablo IIs "expansion" was a near-fully fledged game. But, like most NON DLC expansions, it didn't make huge improvements, i.e. adding a PvP only mode or updating graphics. Same with Brood War. Not too many changes, just a few units and a campaign.

I know some people like to attack things just because they are popular, but sometimes things are popular because they're good.
Ringleader wrote:You seem to think that Halo is immune to criticism in the mildest of forms. Didn't I say that I still thought it was an alright game? ODST is hardly a popular game, I mean, maybe in the first week after release, but no one really plays it anymore for the aforementioned reasons. COD is a heck of a lot more popular then ODST, and COD is a pretty weak game, it's popular because it's gameplay is addictive, not really because it's that great.
Ring, Halo has had criticism from every corner since it started. I agree with Civ, you're simply using the "OMFG sinc3 u say it g00d I say n0" argument. ODST was a very fun game, trying to stealth around Brutes and avoid detection. Although, it did have its flaws, like the clearly audible "silenced" pistol, where enemies could hear you from 3 radii to the galactic center. In this case, your arguments both have flaws, so you lose. Goodbye.

Even if a lot of its popularity came from past success, that doesn't make the current success any less real.
Ringleader wrote:Current success or current popularity? I don't think anyone here was trying to argue either point. Also, what? Remember the Star Wars prequels? They were popular because they were so grossly anticipated, and after all the hubbub cleared, they sucked, they were easily forgettable movies more akin to a fad then something we will be talking with our kids about, whereas the classic Star Wars films will continue to live on.
I lost you completely here. Don't know what to say.
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Age : 20
Location : California
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 2 Empty Re: Gaming's Great Debate!

Post by Angatar on Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:01 pm

I agree with Ringleader. ODST was not worth the $60 dollars.

All the game did was change your health and add a couple new guns and a few boring levels. Both guns were in the normal game, this time around they looked different.

_________________
Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 2 Angatarcopy-1
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Age : 24
Location : Long Island
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 2 Empty Re: Gaming's Great Debate!

Post by Ukurse on Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:44 pm

Both are shit compared to good games.

/troll


Last edited by YouCurse on Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Ukurse
Ukurse
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1441
Age : 25
Location : Auckland, New Zealand
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 2 Empty Re: Gaming's Great Debate!

Post by Ringleader on Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:39 pm

Diablo IIs "expansion" was a near-fully fledged game. But, like most NON DLC expansions, it didn't make huge improvements, i.e. adding a PvP only mode or updating graphics. Same with Brood War. Not too many changes, just a few units and a campaign.
Oh, ok, so an expansion is an expansion is an expansion? That's some pretty rigid reasoning, I mean, ODST was sold as a complete game, with a campaign equitable in length to that of a full game, with online capabilities, but I guess that a game sold under the banner of a full game is an expansion now. I honestly can't tell if you're trying to sell me the idea that ODST is an expansion or is a full fledged game? You just threw out a bunch of information with no conclusive direction.

Ring, Halo has had criticism from every corner since it started. I agree with Civ, you're simply using the "OMFG sinc3 u say it g00d I say n0" argument.
If you say so, but no, not at all, if you would be so kind as to direct your limited attention to my original post:
ODST was alright, but the addition of Fillion was just a marketing tool that really added nothing to the game, because when your playing the game and you see Nathan Fillion, you think: "Oh, that's Nathan Fillion I guess... Wait, why is he in Halo?"

The completely unnecessary addition of Fillion just made it seem like some kind of big Hollywood production or something, I mean, he's an actor, not even that great of one for that matter (especially his voice acting), so why throw him in? It's not really that big of a deal, certainly not one to make the game go from good to bad, but the devs decision to throw him in is sort of like throwing in a barrel rolling space fighter with turbo boosters. In all, I'd give ODST a 7-8, but like most games, there are certain little nitpicks that keep the it from being great.

ODST just didn't feel like a complete game to me, like, most of Halo is an online experience, and all ODST had to offer in that department was Firefight, something you wouldn't want to play more then one game at a time.



"C'mawn Verawnica, wacoubeMMMORE immportn thn that Carrier?"
You'll notice that the first 3 words are "ODST was alright". Yeah, this is clearly the start of someone using the "OMFG sinc3 u say it g00d I say n0" argument...
ODST was a very fun game, trying to stealth around Brutes and avoid detection. Although, it did have its flaws, like the clearly audible "silenced" pistol, where enemies could hear you from 3 radii to the galactic center. In this case, your arguments both have flaws, so you lose. Goodbye.
1. Did I say ODST wasn't fun? No.

2. What arguments are you referring to? WTF are you talking about!?


I lost you completely here. Don't know what to say.
Please, don't feel obliged to say anything.

Oh, and this must have made perfect sense to you:
Even if a lot of its popularity came from past success, that doesn't make the current success any less real.
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Age : 27
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 2 Empty Re: Gaming's Great Debate!

Post by tiny tim on Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:35 pm

The difference between an expansion and a full game: Expansions require another full game to play it.

tiny tim
Crimson Cripple

Male Number of posts : 1762
Registration date : 2009-03-01

Back to top Go down

Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 2 Empty Re: Gaming's Great Debate!

Post by Ringleader on Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:27 pm

Well said, ODST is definitely a stand along game.
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Age : 27
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 2 Empty Re: Gaming's Great Debate!

Post by Divine Virus on Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:54 pm

And a great stand alone game it is. Very Happy
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 3125
Age : 29
Location : Seattle, WA
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 2 Empty Re: Gaming's Great Debate!

Post by CivBase on Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:47 pm

Ringleader wrote:Oh, and this must have made perfect sense to you:
Even if a lot of its popularity came from past success, that doesn't make the current success any less real.
Even if a lot of it's popularity

came from past success

that doesn't make the current success

any less real.


I don't see how you DON'T understand it.

_________________
Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 2 Bzsigy2
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Location : Etchisketchistan
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 2 Empty Re: Gaming's Great Debate!

Post by czar on Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:56 pm

Both suck donkey tits
czar
czar
Minion

Male Number of posts : 570
Age : 25
Location : ohio
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 2 Empty Re: Gaming's Great Debate!

Post by CivBase on Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:53 pm

I fail to see why people dislike Halo for any reason other than an overall dislike of the shooter genre.

_________________
Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 2 Bzsigy2
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Location : Etchisketchistan
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 2 Empty Re: Gaming's Great Debate!

Post by Gauz on Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:08 pm

Why we dont like halo?

Halo: Wars
Halo 3
Halo: ODST
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 2 Empty Re: Gaming's Great Debate!

Post by Gold Spartan on Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:09 pm

Gauz wrote:Why we dont like halo?

Halo: Wars
Halo 3
Halo: ODST
Explain. The campaign was weak but it's multiplayer is still widely played today.
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3405
Age : 24
Location : Kentucky, where else?
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://www.fftu.info/forum/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 2 Empty Re: Gaming's Great Debate!

Post by Vtrooper on Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:11 pm

i liked ODST, it had the campain Halo3 SHOULD of had
Vtrooper
Vtrooper
Crimson Henchmen

Male Number of posts : 2885
Location : The reaches of Space
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 2 Empty Re: Gaming's Great Debate!

Post by KrAzY on Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:22 pm

Halo 3's campeign is still stronger than most other games campeign, and certainly has a stronger plot than the modern warfare series camepign... whose campeign can basically be wholly summed up by "shit happens"
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3965
Age : 30
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Gaming's Great Debate! - Page 2 Empty Re: Gaming's Great Debate!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum