Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Oil Spill

+21
Rasq'uire'laskar
Ukurse
Nocbl2
Ringleader
Toaster
Elabajaba
CivBase
JB
Ruski
TNine
Vtrooper
Gauz
RX
Death no More
MrX
BBJynne
Cheese
Rotaretilbo
Gold Spartan
KrAzY
Zaki90
25 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

How Do You Feel About the oil Spill

The Oil Spill - Page 2 Vote_lcap19%The Oil Spill - Page 2 Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 15 ]
The Oil Spill - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%The Oil Spill - Page 2 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 4 ]
The Oil Spill - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%The Oil Spill - Page 2 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 6 ]
The Oil Spill - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%The Oil Spill - Page 2 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 5 ]
The Oil Spill - Page 2 Vote_lcap15%The Oil Spill - Page 2 Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 12 ]
The Oil Spill - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%The Oil Spill - Page 2 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 3 ]
The Oil Spill - Page 2 Vote_lcap15%The Oil Spill - Page 2 Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 12 ]
The Oil Spill - Page 2 Vote_lcap14%The Oil Spill - Page 2 Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 11 ]
The Oil Spill - Page 2 Vote_lcap9%The Oil Spill - Page 2 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 7 ]
The Oil Spill - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%The Oil Spill - Page 2 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 78

The Oil Spill - Page 2 Empty Re: The Oil Spill

Post by CivBase Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:54 pm

It's bad... but with all the oil rigs out there, something like this was inevitable. BP need to take blame, but... doesn't pinning the entire thing on them seem a little harsh? I'm not sure what happened, but it's likely due to the carelessness of someone that BP hired. There's only so much you can do to ensure quality employment.

As for the severity... yes, this is a major disaster. I can't believe anyone could think otherwise. However, I'm not sure I like the federal involvement. Wouldn't it make more sense for the fed to provide the state governments and local governments with resources and man-power, but leave the actual direction up to the states? Kinda like with Katrina: everything's in chaos because they have to report back to D.C.

I don't know much about the situation, but that's my take from what I've heard.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by MrX Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:18 pm

Gold Spartan wrote:
The Pariah wrote:
JB wrote:
The Pariah wrote:how wrong you are...

He's right, it's a religion not a race. Although I'm sure that was obvious enough in itself >.>

no... the jewish race is the typical stuff passed down from the hebrews (big nose ect) and since jewish people usually do all the no sex before marriage and must marry a jewish man stuff then the gene pool has changed little.
Yeah, because ALL jews are orthodox.[/sarcasm]
Anyways, why the hell has "Caused by the Jews" been voted for 7 times?

gold sarcasm isnt funny

jewish jokes are Smile

thats why its been voted 7 times
MrX
MrX
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3080
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Elabajaba Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:31 pm

CivBase wrote:It's bad... but with all the oil rigs out there, something like this was inevitable. BP need to take blame, but... doesn't pinning the entire thing on them seem a little harsh? I'm not sure what happened, but it's likely due to the carelessness of someone that BP hired. There's only so much you can do to ensure quality employment.

As for the severity... yes, this is a major disaster. I can't believe anyone could think otherwise. However, I'm not sure I like the federal involvement. Wouldn't it make more sense for the fed to provide the state governments and local governments with resources and man-power, but leave the actual direction up to the states? Kinda like with Katrina: everything's in chaos because they have to report back to D.C.

I don't know much about the situation, but that's my take from what I've heard.

It's because they have removed most of the safety precautions that are in place in other countries. In Canada, you have to drill relief wells before you can drill to see if there's oil, and its the same way in many countries around the world. Currently, BP is suing the Canadian government to remove these safety precautions. BP and other oil companies has sued the US government many times so that there are fewer safety precautions, so it kinda is their own fault.

Elabajaba
Crimson Epileptic

Male Number of posts : 1114
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruski Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:39 pm

Zaki90 wrote:Cant believe no one has put one up about this.

Anyway how do you feel about the oilspill.

Also: Frekin' Jews!

That video is very very stupid.
Ruski
Ruski
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1218
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:59 pm

That picture is great, BB.

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2259
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:56 pm

KrAzY wrote:

and don't get me started on obama's reaction to this... this is MUCH more devistating than hurricane katrina, and instead of doing ANYTHING about it, obama is using it to push more laws through that people didn't like before the accident. fix the problem before trying to use it for your own political purposes you douchebag.

What is it that you expect him to do? Do you want him to send in the navy with buckets to scoop out the oil? Obama isn't an engineer, and he doesn't know how to fix an oil spill like this.

Obama is a politician. He's trying to pass legislation which might prevent this sort of thing from happening in the future, or, in the very least, allow us to actually punish future culprits.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:15 pm

Obama turned down the help of 16 countries in the first month of the oil spill

he hasn't just negletced it and tried to use it to push his agenda... he actively turned down foreign help and in doing so made the disaster worse.

he is a politician, he hasn't allocated any funding to help the people, he has tied up funding for things like the sand walls, and he has turned down the help of foriegn aid because he thought it would make him look weak.

everyone jumped on bush about Katrina... at least he did more than go on photo shoots in the affected region after it happened
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3965
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:36 pm

Caused by JAWS
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:00 pm

What we should do:

Nothing! Earth actually will recapture the oil eventually. It can be fixed naturally.
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:16 pm

um... no noc... the oil is destroying ecosystems and disrupting the lives of millions of people in the gulf....
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:15 pm

KrAzY wrote:um... no noc... the oil is destroying ecosystems and disrupting the lives of millions of people in the gulf....
Well then fuck. You see, this is why we should use solar energy more...

Wait. If this is a well, that means we could just put a giant suction cup over it and suck the oil out, amirit3?
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by BBJynne Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:00 pm

THEY TRIED THAT ALREADY.... TWICE

BBJynne
The Lord's Blood Knight

Male Number of posts : 5059
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:11 pm

yeah, they didn't plan for ice the first time. Now garbage is our only hope! They already tried that though I think...
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Ukurse Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:51 pm

It's always the fucking Jews I tells ya.
Ukurse
Ukurse
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1441
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:11 am

ReconToaster wrote: What is it that you expect him to do? Do you want him to send in the navy with buckets to scoop out the oil? Obama isn't an engineer, and he doesn't know how to fix an oil spill like this.

Obama is a politician. He's trying to pass legislation which might prevent this sort of thing from happening in the future, or, in the very least, allow us to actually punish future culprits.

I feel for Obama, but frankly, I wanted to see the media massacre him or eat their words, because last time I checked, Bush had no means to fix Katrina, and he was crucified for not being there every day with a bucket helping to bail the water out of St Louis. Until I either see Obama in work clothes with a bucket picking up oil balls off the beach or the entire mainstream media crucify him for not doing so, I will not be satisfied.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4541
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:52 pm

Rotaretilbo wrote:

I feel for Obama, but frankly, I wanted to see the media massacre him or eat their words, because last time I checked, Bush had no means to fix Katrina, and he was crucified for not being there every day with a bucket helping to bail the water out of St Louis. Until I either see Obama in work clothes with a bucket picking up oil balls off the beach or the entire mainstream media crucify him for not doing so, I will not be satisfied.

After Katrina, new Orleans was essentially in chaos. There was complete lawlessness in the streets. People were looting houses, grocery stores, and doing basically whatever the hell they wanted. People were complaining that Bush wasn't doing enough to get the population under control.

Seeing as the president is supposed to enforce US law... he was kinda not doing his job. Still, I don't know what people expected him to do. Declare martial law I guess?
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:06 pm

KrAzY wrote:Obama turned down the help of 16 countries in the first month of the oil spill

he hasn't just negletced it and tried to use it to push his agenda... he actively turned down foreign help and in doing so made the disaster worse.

...he has turned down the help of foriegn aid because he thought it would make him look weak.

Taking time to consider multiple complicated offers does not equate to "turning down" the help of 16 countries. As of yet, Obama's administration has only turned down ONE offer, which involved the use of a French-made chemical not yet approved for use in America.

There are currently 15 foreign vessels working on cleaning up the oil spill.

KrAzY wrote:he is a politician, he hasn't allocated any funding to help the people, he has tied up funding for things like the sand walls...

Wait... I thought you wanted him to do something about the on-going spill? Either way, it's not the President's job to allocate funding. Congress has been working on setting up that fund for victims of the spill, but they're not going about that in an entirely constitutional way...

I'm sure you'd like to complain about that as well

Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:16 pm

its taken 3 months

there were 17 offers for IMMEDIATE help from foreign nations... Obama turned down ALL of them until 3 weeks ago

thats not "taking time to consider options" he blatantly turned down help... please at least look it up before trying to argue that he did the correct thing there
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:03 pm

ReconToaster wrote:After Katrina, new Orleans was essentially in chaos. There was complete lawlessness in the streets. People were looting houses, grocery stores, and doing basically whatever the hell they wanted.
Ahem.
It wasn't NEARLY that bad.
Shooting at the National Guard? No bullet holes were found on the helicopters.
Looting? By and large, people were going after food and blankets, not big-screen TVs.
Raping and drug overdosing in the football stadium? Way overblown by reporters.

People were complaining that Bush wasn't doing enough to get the population under control.

ReconToaster wrote:Seeing as the president is supposed to enforce US law... he was kinda not doing his job. Still, I don't know what people expected him to do. Declare martial law I guess?
Well, personally, I would've started out with artillery strikes to roust out the civvies and herd them, followed by incendiaries.

Joking aside, he really could've gotten more there faster, and FEMA preparedness was a joke.

As for the oil spill... I wanna see BP REALLY pay for this, and I wanna see federal oversight get cleaned out and working.

And fire up the rigs, let's move back to shallow water!
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2929

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:49 pm

BP should be blamed, but they are not the only people to blame. There were other companies involved in that mess, and BP, while they deserve the massive amount of flak they're getting, I'm kinda pissed they've been singled out, as they're an easy scapegoat.

Obama went too far. I can understand that he was pissed about this, I would be, and he didn't want to look like Bush did after Katrina, but seriously, comparing the oil spill to 9/11 times by 1000 was not one of his smartest moves.
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:55 pm

If this question was asked in real life, I would blame the jews.

But here, I blame BP, as they kept trying to cut corners to put more money in their pockets. I hope they have to pay out of pocket and then some to fix this.
Felix
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by RX Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:34 pm

Damn, there's a lot of votes here..

I didn't even know we HAD 65 people that checked this site regurarly!
RX
RX
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1958
Registration date : 2008-12-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Vtrooper Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:46 pm

i still say *Napolean voice* BURN IT!
Vtrooper
Vtrooper
Crimson Henchmen

Male Number of posts : 2885
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:58 pm

KrAzY wrote:its taken 3 months

there were 17 offers for IMMEDIATE help from foreign nations... Obama turned down ALL of them until 3 weeks ago

Yeah, and BP turned down the help of James Cameron like 3 times!!!

the Obama administration needed time to evaluate the extent of the disaster, and to attempt to organize some sort of response. Giving a large number of foreign nations the go ahead to send in vessels, all working independently and without organization, probably wasn't the smartest option for handling things.

Either way, I doubt any offer would have worked to actually put an end to the spill itself. They could probably be helpful with the clean-up process... but there's no sense in focusing on cleaning up when oil is still gushing out of the sea floor.

Rasq wrote:Ahem.
It wasn't NEARLY that bad.
Shooting at the National Guard? No bullet holes were found on the helicopters.
Looting? By and large, people were going after food and blankets, not big-screen TVs.
Raping and drug overdosing in the football stadium? Way overblown by reporters.

People were complaining that Bush wasn't doing enough to get the population under control

Oh, I'm sure it was overplayed by the media. Nevertheless, at least in the case of Katrina, people were criticizing the President for something over which he actually had jurisdiction.

Rasq wrote:.
As for the oil spill... I wanna see BP REALLY pay for this, and I wanna see federal oversight get cleaned out and working.

And fire up the rigs, let's move back to shallow water!

BP will be held responsible (by law) for the actual clean-up process. I think they've clearly accepted that burden. Whether or not they should be held accountable for the indirect consequences of the spill is what's being questioned.

At some point, it all comes down to what sort of punishment the President is and is not legally capable of handing out, and whether or not you're comfortable with him doing so anyway. This whole Escrow fund thing is certainly just punishment, but it's not entirely.... legal.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Carcarius Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:28 pm

i blame our reliance on crude oil
Carcarius
Carcarius
Minion